Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

+30
ColferGirl
kac
arina
sjonnepon
paulopf
Ireth
Sani
happydays
msjoanlucette
ColferInspired
Vir Cotto
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
Dame Loli
Shinra17
sheny
Emile
fantastica
Buenos
Divalicious
Delight
brisallie
sahhar
Jellyrolls
valkeakuulas
E-ko
Glorfindel
BlueJazz
CloveGlee
tanita_mors
34 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  brisallie 8/12/2012, 3:02 pm

I haven't seen set picture because I don't care so much about McKenley now, but still don't like Unique/Wade (Alex) though I grant he's a good performer and is fun to watch but as you pointed, they already have Blarren and I don't see Wade/Unique in the background, he's like a diva.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4 - Page 39 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 4

Post  Glorfindel 8/12/2012, 3:36 pm

Wade/Unique will not blend into the background in the choir room. He/she will be front and center during the performances, and I don't like it one bit. I don't want another diva taking the spotlight from the other ND members away, ugh.
I want to see some more of Artie, Sam and Tina.

Plus Alex is a very bad actor. That wouldn't be so bad if they kept him in the background, like Mercedes or Tina, but RM will want to write stories for him since he's interested in "a boy wearing a dress to school".
RIB already screwed Wade/Unique's story up by making him a transgender in one episode and a drag queen in the next. And we've all seen how horrible and offensive RIB can write for their effeminate gay and outed lesbian. But Kurt and Santana have good actors to make at least something out of the bad writing. Alex can't do the same. I'm already cringing. Evil or Very Mad

The McKinley part of Glee is not interesting me much at this point, and Wade being in ND makes me like it even a lot less.

Adding to that: it looks like Kurt will bring Wade to Will and ND. So the effeminate gay who was too gay to ever get solos in show choir, but not gay enough to convince Sue to get a Nationals solo without wearing a dress, will pave the way for the transgender/drag queen, and Unique will get solos in ND right away. No, thank you. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/12/2012, 4:12 pm

M&M wrote:Since this is the S and B thread, I think this is ok to put here. From set pictures, Unique/Wade (Alex Newell) appears to have transferred to McKinley. Ugh. Why does this show insist on keeping on bad actors? They didn't even keep on Charice, who was a terrible actor but has a better voice than Alex. Also, I don't trust where the show is going with this. I think Unique/Alex is transgender, but the sense I got last year was he was a drag performer. I don't know if Glee, in its current state, can handle this and I do not think Alex should get a ton of "acting" moments. We see how well "acting" moments have worked for Darren.

I think it's because they know that they are running out of time to get some new characters in that the audience is going to give a damn about in order to keep the show alive. Since Blaine and Sam, the only new character that they introduced that wasn't a complete dud was Sugar. Rory was a walking cure for insomnia and had a personality that wavered between creepy and just plain non-existant. Joe was irritating as well as creepy. Harmony wasn't allowed to stick around long enough to make a negative impressions (which puts her miles ahead of the other guys) and Wade had enough of an interesting storyline (as well as probably being one of the better singers of TGP winners) to warrent keeping around. And with Kurt leaving McKinley, they need something to keep the queer quota. I think that Wade/Unique made enough of an impression to be at least given a chance at seeing if his character can take off. And given that the strongest actors will no longer be in ND, I think that the weaker actors won't appear as badly as a result.

Sugar seemed to be the one new character introduced last season where they struck the right balance. A good actress playing a fun character and who wan't overused. She didn't get the rollout like Rory did, but she didn't need it. Rory was really an obvious case of the show giving away just how much they had invested in a new actor and thus when he failed to achieve any of the goals that TPTB it was specially egregious.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/12/2012, 7:58 pm

I can't believe they are bring Alex back considering how much the fandom seems to dislike him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/12/2012, 8:28 pm

Part of me thinks RIB think that is it that we don't understand the type of character, and our dislike is ignorance. So they bring him in to educate him. While this is not a storyline that really appeals to me, because it doesn't involve Kurt TBH, it is an important storyline to tell. I just really feel that with Alex's lack of acting chops the character will be played for humor only, and not really reach transgender kids who have been waiting for their own role model to be on television. Plus, I am selfish, it pisses me off no end that because he wants to dress like a girl, and identifies as female, that he will be allowed and encouraged to sing the girl songs that Kurt has been punished for all these 3 seasons. Wow, that just makes me madder to write it down, because I know that is exactly what will happen. And Kurt will applaud from the sidelines. Evil or Very Mad

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/12/2012, 9:10 pm

Divalicious wrote: Plus, I am selfish, it pisses me off no end that because he wants to dress like a girl, and identifies as female, that he will be allowed and encouraged to sing the girl songs that Kurt has been punished for all these 3 seasons. Wow, that just makes me madder to write it down, because I know that is exactly what will happen. And Kurt will applaud from the sidelines. Evil or Very Mad

I'm curious to see what kind of resistance there will be to Wade performing with ND as Unique. Most of the most resistant guys (Finn and Puck and to a slightly lesser degree Mike) are no longer with the group. Artie, though, will certainly be a roadblock to Unique being welcomed with open arms. And Schu... the choir leader who couldn't figure out what to do with a countertenor and more often than not just ignored Kurt's presence in ND (at least when it came to competition performances) - I cannot imagine him being able to see a place for Wade/Unique. Kurt big problem was that he was accepted as a person (for the most part), but he really wasn't accepted as a performer. And he identified as male.

I don't see it smooth sailing for Wade. He's going to push buttons in a way that Kurt didn't and I foresee him having to fight to be allowed to perform as he wishes to (and whether Unique is featured in competition is anyone's guess). I would like to see Kurt call Schu out on his reluctance to accept Wade, and maybe ask Schu not to do to Wade what Schu did to him.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/13/2012, 6:34 am

^I don't think it will play out this way at all. Wade/Unique will probably have trouble being accepted in school in general (underdog), but my guess is that he/she will get accepted by Will and ND right away.

Wade/Unique is not an effeminate gay who want to sing girl songs but still wears pants to school. He/she will be treated as a girl in ND and noone will give a damn about her singing a girl song. Mr. Schue will have no conflict where to place Wade/Unique within the group, as he did have a conflict about Kurt. Wade/Unique will not only sing like a girl (and Alex really sounds like a girl, when Chris does not), she will also look like a girl. So he/she will not stick out like a sore thumb, as Kurt apparently did. dryy

Appearance is everything, and the dress and wig really make all the difference. Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/13/2012, 1:45 pm

The only thing that I suppose is good about the Unique storyline is that hopefully it puts the final nail to the worn out Kurt is "too gay/fem to be accepted"arc. Kurt in NY will have other challenges (I'm thinking either theatre and/or fashion has competitive sharks nipping at our Hummell) so that finally its all about Kurt dealing with his dreams/ambitions in a non Lima setting.

Unique as a transgender being a showcased singer in New Directions will make Kurt seem tame in comparison and the whole Taunting/bullying arcs which I loathe at this point will shift to her.

I don't think Kurt will be considered too gay in New York in either theatre or fashion lol, because even Glee wouldn't have the balls to do that.

What I do want is for Kurt to feel free enough to really let loose and regain his snark and bite, MIA most of season 3, so he will be back against worthy opponents and rivals. Kurts competitive nature was muted by the end of the season 3 so it needs another setting to recharge.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 8/13/2012, 6:41 pm

Although, his book wasn't perfect. It wasn't bad. and nowhere near the worst book ever written.

You say, "I feel sorry for you colfer fans," implying you aren't one. if you aren't a colfer fan, than why are you on here?

you say you aren't trolling but you've written this same thing in three threads about the land of stories and nothing else. let's be honest. are you trolling or are you not?
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/13/2012, 6:51 pm

for gods sake GleeAddict, go back to your read other children's books and watch other shows. If you hate Chris Colfer this much, you should just leave him alone and worship other people you actually love.

guys just ignore her. her posts will be deleted as soon as the mods come back.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/13/2012, 6:55 pm

Reported her.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 8/13/2012, 7:32 pm

What?! GA has came back?!
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/13/2012, 7:39 pm

oh great, her posts have been deleted.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/13/2012, 7:50 pm

After all my yard work, and tangle with a blackberry bush that definitely won the first battle in that war (ouch) I took a nap, so I missed GleeAddict. Gads, sounds persistent. I prefer the aftermath of her particular battles, where I get to read people talking about how she was sent packing.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/13/2012, 8:22 pm

you don't want to read her post. I read one sentence and immediately recognized her and stopped reading. she has nothing good to day of course, and i totally expected that. the day she actually says ANYTHING nice about Chris I will send her my house deeds.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 8/13/2012, 8:43 pm

fantastica wrote:for gods sake GleeAddict, go back to your read other children's books and watch other shows. If you hate Chris Colfer this much, you should just leave him alone and worship other people you actually love.

guys just ignore her. her posts will be deleted as soon as the mods come back.

True. I wish there was a way to ban her for good. To stop her from registering under a new name.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/13/2012, 9:53 pm

brisallie wrote:What?! GA has came back?!

Yeah, I find it surprising too.

You'd think that with the personal problems she's having that I've heard about, that she'd be too preoccupied to bash Chris and everything that he does. Guess I was wrong. Rolling Eyes
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/13/2012, 10:52 pm

Buenos wrote:
What I do want is for Kurt to feel free enough to really let loose and regain his snark and bite, MIA most of season 3, so he will be back against worthy opponents and rivals. Kurts competitive nature was muted by the end of the season 3 so it needs another setting to recharge.

I miss fierce Kurt too. Maybe in a new environment that's traditionally/cliched-ly populated by 'bitchy' people (see 'Devil Wears Prada' and 'Ugly Betty'), Kurt may need to bring back that side of him to cope with his boss/fellow interns. I hope the writers would allow Kurt to shed his door-mat personality and fight for himself for a change.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 8/13/2012, 11:02 pm

There may be some bullying, but I don't know that RIB want to go down that seaosn 2 path again. Even unfinished as it was, anything they do will pale in comparison to what Chris and Max did.

I think they will bring Unique out to wail on the last note like Mercedes and be bitchy like Kurt. Alex's acting was awful (as is most of ND's) and the less they are on my screen the better.

Also, I call b.s. if Unique ends up being the female lead of ND over Tina.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/14/2012, 4:54 am

She's getting worse and worse.

I sometimes keep an eye on her posts elsewehere, and the past few days have been really awful and downright scary. Those hate posts she leaves everywhere are nothing compared to the stalking and crap she gives Chris via twitter. I hope she gets stopped soon. Evil or Very Mad

But maybe the less said about her, the better.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/14/2012, 7:03 am

I missed her as well but from your comments I assume she read the book, wasn't she saying earlier that she definitely won't read it? :-D

I read some of her comments on tumblr and they were really nasty I can't imagine that her tweets are even worse.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 8/14/2012, 8:09 am

You should see her comments on Imbd, they're something else... There's seriously something wrong with her.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 8/14/2012, 8:38 am

The only reason why i don't want Unique on the show is because Alex can't act.

Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/14/2012, 8:53 am

Unique could be an interesting character with a good actor, but Alex isn't a good actor. Yes, he has a good strong voice, but he can't act. Ryan is hoping he found another Chris in Alex. He is hoping that Unique will be groundbreaking and inspiring like Kurt. But the problem is that Alex isn't Chris. Alex is a mediocre actor at best so he won't be able to handle any major storylines, and he lacks Chris' humbleness and likeability. Alex is way too much of a diva to make a long term career in show business (it was clearly shown on the Glee project, and I witnessed it first hand in person when I saw him at his high school's production of Chicago in March).

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 8/14/2012, 8:57 am

Unfortunately, Glee Addict popping up here from time to time is going to happen. There is only so much we can do to prevent her from signing up--she has used many different IP's in different parts of Ireland to come here. Luckily we are able to identify her and ban her pretty quickly.

My best advice to you when she comes is just report her, and ignore her. Don't fight with her. Don't call her out. Just ignore her, and know that her posts will be deleted as soon as possible. Posters like Glee Addict are looking to get a rise out of you. They are looking to get you to engage in conversation with them. Just ignore her.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next