Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread

+8
ChrisColferFan1
M&M
fantastica
ColferInspired
dimpledchris
Jellyrolls
Ranwing
tanita_mors
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  M&M 3/13/2015, 10:51 pm

Ranwing wrote:So... has Schu acknowledged Kurt as co-director for any kind of recognition or praise for his work? Of course not... it was all about Rachel. With the way he and Rachel were hanging all over one another, I'd be worried if I was Emma.

I suspect Chris being available for filming screwed up RIB's plans for an all Daleastreet all the time fest on Glee.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  M&M 3/13/2015, 10:56 pm

Just saw Kurt's outfit with the shawl. After season 4, Kurt's clothing went completely downhill. 4 was the pinnacle of amazing outfits and then... dryy
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/13/2015, 10:58 pm

So now Sue is trying to save the Glee Club? OK then.

I'm bored with this Sue/Will thing.

And here's, Jesse back again. Come Rachel. Come work on a show with me. Come live with me. Marry me. Have babies with me.

Oh, Rachel is going to school. Wow. That's shocking. I guess Sam got through to her. And now Rachel kisses Jesse. I can't even remember. Did they ever end Rachel and Sam?

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/13/2015, 10:59 pm

Well, that's in for Samchel.

I'll argue until the end of time that Rachel in no way deserved NYADA or a Broadway part at this stage, but I'm glad that she decided to take the slower track that hopefully will put her in a better position for an actually career instead of just having a part. And maybe this time she'll actually learn something.

Cory.. I'm so glad they acknowledged his part of the ND legacy.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 3/13/2015, 10:59 pm

This was a very meh episode. Unless you're a big Rachel fan, nothing new happened (as usual).

And I agree with all of you, that black shawl (?) thing of Kurt's needs to go.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/13/2015, 11:00 pm

M&M wrote:Just saw Kurt's outfit with the shawl. After season 4, Kurt's clothing went completely downhill. 4 was the pinnacle of amazing outfits and then... dryy

Kurt dresses better when he isn't with Blaine.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/13/2015, 11:01 pm

The awards montage was nice crycry
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/13/2015, 11:01 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
M&M wrote:Just saw Kurt's outfit with the shawl. After season 4, Kurt's clothing went completely downhill. 4 was the pinnacle of amazing outfits and then... dryy

banzai
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/13/2015, 11:01 pm

M&M wrote:
Ranwing wrote:So... has Schu acknowledged Kurt as co-director for any kind of recognition or praise for his work? Of course not... it was all about Rachel. With the way he and Rachel were hanging all over one another, I'd be worried if I was Emma.

I suspect Chris being available for filming screwed up RIB's plans for an all Daleastreet all the time fest on Glee.

I  think you are 100% correct
Kurt deserves  better than  having so called friends.That includes Mr.Schu
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/13/2015, 11:02 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

He does. I 100% agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/13/2015, 11:02 pm

M&M wrote:The awards montage was nice crycry

Yes, it was, though it was a bit jarring to see Finn. I miss him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/13/2015, 11:03 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
M&M wrote:The awards montage was nice crycry

Yes, it was, though it was a bit jarring to see Finn.  I miss him.  

Me too. Hearing Chris talk about him and kind of open up where he hadn't much before brought all of it back.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/13/2015, 11:19 pm

Haven't seen the episode, yet. But now you're saying Finn was mentioned makes me feel already emotional
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/13/2015, 11:24 pm

Not the total trainwreak that I was expecting, but Gods... the multiple Sue/Will confrontations are really tiring and just drag everything down. Enough already! It's been six seasons! Resolve that shit already.

I'll argue until the end of time that Rachel deserved neither NYADA nor a new Broadway role at this point, given that she barely lifted a finger on her own to get them. Especially the Broadway part. Not without all the string pulling on the part of multiple parties to get her that role (and seriously... Rachel being cast in a hip hop musical?). Rachel still just doesn't get it. She chalks up the past year as being "bad" and still doesn't grasp why it was a bad one.

It's always odd to see Sam trying to be the voice of reason (and a fairly well-considered argument). But Kurt's talk with Rachel was a lot more meaningful. I appreciated that he was leaving the choice entirely up to her (and sure that she would do fine regardless what she chose), but he also was reminding her about her own choices in all this and that she was in such a rush to go from one success to another that she never gave herself a chance to actually enjoy any to them. And that she should enjoy the process of learning and growing as a performer. So in the end I think she made the right choice, forgoing the prospect of immediate success in favor of growing and maturing as a performer so that when she does return to Broadway, she'll be the best performer possible. Maybe this time she'll actually be receptive to learning instead of trying to always prove that she was the best/right all the time. And she'll appreciate the chances that she gets.

It would be nice if Schu remembered that there were two directors for ND when handing out praise. Yes, Rachel got the ball rolling, but he seemed to completely disregard Kurt's contributions (as well as forgetting he was even there). And with the way he and Rachel were hanging all over one another, I'd be suspicious if I were Emma.

Competitions are a total bore at this stage, with all the artificially escalated stakes and unnecessary drama (as well as the usual telegraphed results). But for the first time in ages, I'd actually argue that ND rightfully won. Especially for Take Me To Church. Have to say that I did enjoy Mason's rendition of Come Sail Away. And glad that the girls didn't get shoved into the background of that sausage festival. Jane was totally smoking.

Nice to see a wrapping up of McKinely, with the legacy of the original ND crew linked with the new group. Have to admit that I got a bit misty eyed at the stroll down memory lane. And nice to see Cory there with how his presence seemed to have been erased for most of the season.

RIP Samchel... no one will mourn you.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 3/14/2015, 8:09 am

I must say I liked the ND performance. And I liked the awards montage.

Just hated all the special snowflake Rachel...imagine Kurt saying Rachel inspired him??? Kurt has always been supporting Rachel and he's still supporting her and getting nothing back. Oh and they didn't even break Samchel up and have already moved on to St. Berry. And Jesse is back just to prop Rachel up.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/14/2015, 9:52 am

On watching the episode for a second time (and it's been ages since I've done that and it didn't feel like punishment), I caught the line right before Rachel's talk with Sam that Kurt was the one who had selected ND's set list. And looking back on the performances, it's obvious that his personal stamp was all over it. Take Me To Church reflected Kurt's distrust of organized religion and his humanist perspective. Then you had Chandelier which was about not just his struggles, but the struggles of everyone who'd been in New Directions over the years. Then we finished off with Come Sail Away, which reflected coming to a place of peace, happiness and security. When I first saw the songs listed, I thought that there was a lack of connection between the songs to make a cohesive set list. But then seeing them performed, I could see the connection and it worked.

And this was the first competition set in years when I wasn't hitting the mute button so... achievement!

Rachel's storyline, for all that it was the central thread of the season was the weak link. But what we got in this episode was Rachel finally starting to grow up. She spoke with more honesty about what seemed to motivate a lot of her decisions (that if she turned an opportunity down, that would close the door on future opportunities) and then making what was, to me, a very brave choice. The easy thing would have been to take the Broadway role and just slip back into her old patterns of being the "star", but she resisted that. For the first time in what seems like forever, Rachel didn't fall prey to flattery and showed some real wisdom in her choice. To turn down the immediate gratification for the slower path. She finally started to grow up.

As much as I was enjoying watching ND perform, I was loving watching the faces of Rachel and Kurt watching them. The pride that they'd gotten the kids this far and just being moved by the performances. Kurt was right about there being a special joy in being inspired by others, whether it's a teacher who can help shape you or just another performer really doing something special. As artists, they need to be open to that instead of just focusing on their own successes.

This season, it felt like after Homecoming, the show lost its way and we got bogged down in a lot of nonsense (*coughSamchelcough*) that wasted a lot of time and went nowhere. How unfair is it that the show finally gets its footing right before the end?
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/14/2015, 10:27 am

NGL, loved how the show just dismissed Samchel as not even worthy of a breakup.

Not with Groff in the building.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/14/2015, 10:48 am

Let's be realistic... with Finn permanently out of the picture, the only really viable option they had for a romantic prospect for Rachel would be Jesse. Sam was just so dull when matched with her and he wasn't going to give Rachel what she needed as a romantic partner and as an artistic partner. The one downside is that Jesse can be too focused on feeding Rachel's admittedly oversized ego.

And that's where her best friend comes in to provide balance. Kurt grounds Rachel in a way that really needs. He can speak reason to her and give opinion without making his opinion the only "right" option for Rachel. Between Jesse and Kurt helping Rachel, she can start navigating the difficult career path she has chosen with more security.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/14/2015, 10:54 am

Kurt and Jesse both get the joy of performing and the rush Rachel feels.

Sam is totally clueless.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2015, 4:28 pm

Ratings: 0.7 - 2.08 million viewers.
Slightly up from last weeks, but still nothing to write home about.

The St. Berry duet 'Listen To Your Heart' is currently already at 174 on iTunes, and I'm very pleased that 'Take Me To Church' is at 227.
(In comparison: despite Darren's fans multi-buying last week's 'Rise' didn't get higher than 180.)

Aaaand here's all shocking 5(!) minutes of the Kurt edit: link.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/14/2015, 5:48 pm

Have seen the episode, but there's not so much to say as my thoughts have been indirectly expressed by some posters. Overall was a decent episode, better than last week, and I truly enjoyed ND performance Smile and this time I was rooting for them, I read on twitter that for some people was like the performance ND did in Nationals. Also the final montage was beautifully done, and have to confess I sobbed.

As for Rachel, I like she decided by her own what to do, and that it wasn't pushed by someone else. I like Kurt and Jesse helped her to make up her mind, unlike Sam who was forcing her. And speaking of Samchel, now is when I wonder what was the point of that relationship? Did they need to give Sam something to do? Well in that case romance is his best area, he has been involved with almost all ND girls. Anyway, I'm happy that relationship is done, and StBerry is on. As someone previously said, as Finn isn't there, Jesse was clearly the other option. Though personally for me was always the option, even when Finn was alive.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2015, 10:22 pm

(my previously.tv post)

As much as the competition storyline has been done over and over and over again I did enjoy the performances of this episode, especially those of the ND/Warblers (even though the dancing of the new ND members was still a hot mess). I think this was the first episode this season I didn’t fastforward through at all, so… achievement?
Though the crazy judges are often fun to watch I always felt they render all the struggles of the ND kids and their rivalries with other schools that were built up in the episodes before the competitions meaningless. If the judging is a joke then so is the outcome, so why even care? Not that there was any suspense about the outcome this time anyway. So ND won, whoopdeedoo.*yawn*
The trophies montage at the end was very nice though.

I liked the Roderick/Spencer storyline, with Roderick rightfully being concerned about the cortison injection Spencer wanted, and the idea he came up with to include Spencer in the performance anyway. Yes, it didn’t really matter if Spencer was in the competition or not, but there was genuine concern and comradery between them, and that little nervous sigh of Roderick right before the curtain was raised had me cheering him on when he awkwardly did the simplest of dancesteps on stage without falling flat on his face, so there’s that.
I laughed when Roderich and Spencer figured out they needed Kitty (because she would make at least one of them cry, lol) to give them tough love while teaching them their dance steps, and I like Kitty a lot, but I also thought that this would have been an excellent opportunity to have the new kids interact with either Rachel or Kurt. Like if they had asked Kurt and showed him as an actual co-coach of the glee club, as Kurt can be snarky honest too and there was this tiny storyline a few episodes back of him being (too) critical of the kids while Rachel was (too) nice to them. Kurt really has been reduced this season to nothing but a prop, especially in the coaching of the glee club storyline, clearly demonstrated tonight when he’s not even worth getting mentioned by Will in the glee club’s show circle.

Like Rachel, Blaine also lost NYADA and came back to Lima to lick his wounds, then his old school (where his job was) burned down, and he went through quite the relationship drama too, but never really got to talk about any of it. And now in this episode it’s mentioned by Kurt in a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it moment that Blaine got into NYU(?!) offscreen.
Now the less Blaine on the show the better imo, but this is ridiculous, especially in comparison to his Lima-loser twin Rachel not being able to pass gas this season without someone holding her hand.

So not only did Mercedes arrange the audition for Rachel but Jesse also convinced the producers to hire her. I guess a part of Glee’s important message of arts education is that in showbizz it’s still mostly about knowing the right people instead of doing the hard work yourself. But good for Jesse to point out to Rachel that her biggest mistake was leaving ‘Funny Girl’, I’m afraid that’s all we can expect this season of Rachel being called out on her own mistakes. Kurt also had some good advice for her: to look back at what she had (and threw away) and to take the time to enjoy whatever she chooses this time.
It’s definitely not an ideal solution to her redemption arc (that would have been Rachel going back to NY to work her way up from the chorus line in an off-off-Broadway production) but given the very generous offers the writers provided her with NYADA is the right choice for her to build up her character again.

Whoah, Sam got friendzoned quickly, lol. We probably saw nothing of Sam and Rachel breaking up because as soon as the Groff walked into McKinley’s auditorium all that Samchel stuff faded to the background and noone cared anymore.
The only thing that bothers me about this is how they handled Samchel in this season to begin with, with Sam being hypnotised, the erasure of Rachel’s history with Finn on her picture-wall, and Mercedes basically telling her old beau to go fuck her friend.
But I’ll take St. Berry over Samchel any day, so I’m good.

Sue poisons an entire school, blows up a piano-forte in a room full of kids (think of the damage those flying wood and piano strings could have done) and sets Will’s car on fire, but she’s still not arrested. And ugh, nazis? They’ve taken Sue too far and it’s not remotely funny or entertaining anymore. And why ruin the nice friendship that she and Beiste clearly developed since season 3 in the process?
Are we supposed to believe Sue deliberately sabotaged VA and helped the New Directions, or was she just trying to save face by telling that to Will? Her smile at the end (when she looked into the choir room) suggests the first, but if that so I think that in this case the ends definitely didn’t justify the means.

I’m trying not to be too negative here, because I actually enjoyed this episode more than most of the rest of this season, and there were some nice seasons 1 and 2 echoes. But I’m well aware that this episode only reminded me of those golden first seasons because it was one big repeat (of repeats) of previous storylines.
And on top of that there’s simply too much Rachel woes and Sue nonsense for my liking, while other (imo more interesting) characters are reduced to their props and have been neglected this entire last season while Glee's time is ticking away.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/14/2015, 11:43 pm

6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nl88glfgXo1u5btl5o1_400  6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nl88glfgXo1u5btl5o4_400

6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nl88glfgXo1u5btl5o3_400  6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nl88glfgXo1u5btl5o2_400
x

6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nl874qIezL1qgrxsfo1_r1_250  6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nl874qIezL1qgrxsfo2_r1_250  6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nl874qIezL1qgrxsfo6_r2_250

6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nl874qIezL1qgrxsfo4_r3_250  6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nl874qIezL1qgrxsfo5_r1_250  6x11 "We Built This Glee Club" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nl874qIezL1qgrxsfo3_250
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/16/2015, 3:44 am

Have not watched the episode yet, but knowing Blaine is going to NYU and won't be competing against Kurt anymore, and Kurt can just focus on his studies at Nyada and have a bit of freedom as he seemed to be doing better than Rachel, I think is the best thing they have done.

Kurt thrived at Nyada and that is one thing the writers gave Kurt that I am grateful for.

If like everyone was saying that the writers hate Kurt, but if they did Kurt would have been failing.

Kurt has been succeeding in New York ever since he moved there.

Blaine was the one that was failing.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 3/16/2015, 9:46 am

I was doing some more thinking about Rachel's storyline in this episode and what possibly got her to choose NYADA over returning to Broadway. I'm optimistic that she's finally learning and maturing (because after six seasons, it's been tiresome to see her basically no more mature than she was when we first met her). But I was curious as to what really went into her decisions, as both Kurt and Jesse gave good arguments about what choices she should make. Why eventually side with Kurt and return to school, delaying her return to Broadway by potentially a few years.

I'm made multiple comments about her lack of real direct effort in obtaining any of these goals, but Broadway in particular. She at least went to Ms. Tibideaux to ask for her spot at NYADA back, which shows some initiative on her part. You can't say that about the Broadway role. She did nothing except show up to the audition. Mercedes was the one who used her influence to get her the audition in the first place and then Rachel learns that likely the only reason that she was being offered the part was because Jesse was pulling strings on her behalf. The impression that I was getting was that Rachel wouldn't have been offered the part had Jesse not used his influence to get the producers to give her more consideration.

So how could Rachel even start to think that she got that part because she really was the best there? Even at her most self-involved, she would have had to recognize that the only reason she was offered the role was because so many people went out of their way and vouched for her and used whatever pull they had to get her this opportunity. That's not like saying that she had her friends as good references. I think that the instant Jesse told Rachel that he was the one who convinced the director to offer her the part, the writing was on the wall that Rachel wasn't ready to return to Broadway (and that as importantly, Broadway wasn't really ready for her).

If Rachel is showing more maturity, she's going to be wanting to look forward to a career, not just a single job. She's not going to get that if she's dependent on others to open doors for her all the time (or worse, that she gets the reputation of needing others to pull strings in order for her to get hired). Going to NYADA, for me, shows that she's now serious about her career and taking a mature outlook that what might appear to be a step backwards is actually going to put her in a much strong position in a few years than she would be if she took this role.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next