Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

+24
dimpledchris
mindschemez
lilypaperclips
Delight
quietbelle
ChrisColfersLightning
sjonnepon
Lottie2303
rainespeaks
Divalicious
bayth
Glorfindel
coxfire
Ranwing
valkeakuulas
tanita_mors
Georgette888
brisallie
Buenos
ChrisColferFan1
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
angelnessa
28 posters

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 13 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  Buenos 12/20/2014, 1:12 pm

This isn't the first time Will has been on set or location with Chris for Glee .  I know he flew over for the New New York location shooting , mingling with cast and crew, and was even an extra in the "Mime " scene.  Wasn't  he also was an extra on "Bashed" in the round room when Kurt is singing "I'm still here?".

What puzzles me about the shippers' reactions is that I don't think this is a "statement" at all, it's just Chris living his real life.  Glee is his job and he always seems to conduct himself in the most professional manner and there is nary a whisper of negativity about his conduct on set.  Real life LI's or spouses visiting actors on set is nothing huge or unusual.

I just feel bad for Chris that at this late date he gets harassed and hate tweet because of others specific agendas.  If Heather's boyfriend visited her on set while she filmed her scenes with Naya I don't see how it would be any different, for example, nor say Matt Morrison's fiancée at the time of the WEMMA wedding.  I know the " Supernatural" spouses visit the set sometimes.  The double standards are baffling when it comes to Chris and Will.  

I think Chris appreciated the majority of the Glee fans who are respectful and appreciative of his character.  I really do hope he wins the PCA one last time to remind him of the true fandom who treasure him and the character of Kurt.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 13 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12

Post  brisallie 12/20/2014, 3:19 pm

I hadn't have seen none of those hateful comments. But I confess I was surprised tinhatters were so 'quiet', now I see I was wrong.

:sigh: How long their delusion will last? Seriously, this needs to stop. Isn't the first time they are rude with Will, and Chris as well. And if Chris takes his bf to his work, is up to him. I'm tired of reading Will has not a real job, so that is why he's so attached to Chris. Please, they don't know, neither us, what happens behind; maybe Will job involves something in the showbiz area...actually isn't that his real job?

And apart of it, Will is Chris's boyfriend, so what's wrong if he takes him to his job, simply because he wants and can (I noticed Will is loved among Glee stuff).
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 12/20/2014, 4:30 pm

I have to say that when I saw two of the most foulest tweets yesterday, I was truly shocked. You see almost everything in the internet these days, but the vitriol in those ones was insane. I just sat and stared and my screen with my mouth open. Some of these people are horrible.

It makes me so mad that they have yet again seen some of them because of the blocking and that makes me so sad and angry.

So hoping with the rest of you that by the time the filming really gets under way some early next year, of these, lets face it probably mentally challenged people, will lose a interest in Chris and his personal life.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 12/20/2014, 6:12 pm

Is it just me, or does it seem that they are hating just to hate, rather than hating for a specific reason. They seem like small people who feel they can bash in anonymity, and get a sense of power because there are (diminishing) fans of the show who will then talk about them on boards/tumblr etc. Kurt/Chris is one of the few actors who resonate with audience members, so attacking him, with the pretense of it being to "protect Klaine", gives them the notice they crave. Plus, this particular venue is now time-sensitive, as Klaine will be a moot point shortly. Then they have to find other people to hate. I don't know, but man, how pathetic either way.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/20/2014, 6:27 pm

One of the ways how Chris annoys some of these delusional shippers is that he has never bowed down to them, or catered to them, and quite frankly, the contempt he has for posters trying to tell him how to run his life is palpable.  

While I don't think Chris hates Klaine, I think he's tired of the fans who can't separate reality from fiction, and he's puzzled by fans who seem to think that being in a relationship is the end all and be all for ultimate happiness.  Chris is happy with Will (from all apparent snips we get) but he's also busy enjoying the creative opportunities that Glee has opened up for him, so Chris is all about the work also as far as fulfillment.

It amazes when some say Chris doesn't appreciate the fans.   They have it so fucking wrong.  Everything he does, from writing his books, trying to act the hell out of Kurt, his singing, etc, shows that he "gets" it.  The best way to say THANK YOU to the fans is to do the best possible damn  work and present that to the fans.

His  acting is never lazy or sloppy, and that means more to me than just running around snapping selfies with fans to show how much you treasure them.     I love how Chris says that celebrity/fame is not the same thing as getting respect for the work you create.   With Chris it is all about the end product.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/20/2014, 6:58 pm

If Chris hates Klaine,I strongly believe one of the reasons why it may be even the majority of the reason is because of Crisscolfers and rabid Klainers. If it were not for the crisscolfers and rabid Klainers I doubt he would hate Klaine or at least much if he does hate Klaine. I admit rabid Klainers and Chriscolfer shippers are a main reason I strongly dislike Klaine,besides the writing.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 12/20/2014, 8:51 pm

I have been trying to ignore anything Glee-related nowadays because I really don’t have the desire to be disappointed and angered again and again, which is what season 6 Glee spoilers do to me. However, I feel I can’t stay silent when the Klainers harass Chris for, bloody hell excuse my language, Will being captured on a photo taken on Harry’s selfie. One of the tweeters insulting Will even relished the kind of attention she got as a result of her tweet. ‘I’m proud of that tweet’, indeed.

I think ‘delusional’ is too kind a term for these people who tweet nasty stuff to Chris and Will. I’ll keep the terms I have in mind to myself, but something like ‘evil’ comes closer to the mark. It pains me to think of Chris or Will being subjected to another spate of their hate tweets once again.

And I have to laugh at any allusions to Chris not being able to act out his Klaine scenes well with his real-life significant other there on set. Well, if these people have a thing against bad acting that makes Klaine scenes unconvincing, they’re barking up the wrong actor, just saying.

Bah, I’ll stop here, because I find that even talking about these rude Klainers in any length is a waste of time. Chris and Will chose to block and ignore these people; and I shall try to do the same. I’m confident that their relationship can weather these storms though. I can just imagine Chris giving Will a forewarning about these rabid Klainers before they ever decide to be together. That is the price of dating Chris Colfer, and Will is willing to pay it. I just hope the supportive tweets drown out the hate-filled ones, to make their walk together more pleasant and bearable.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 12/20/2014, 9:42 pm

Delight wrote:I have been trying to ignore anything Glee-related nowadays because I really don’t have the desire to be disappointed and angered again and again, which is what season 6 Glee spoilers do to me. However, I feel I can’t stay silent when the Klainers harass Chris for, bloody hell excuse my language, Will being captured on a photo taken on Harry’s selfie.

I'm just counting down the days to the day when Chris is free from these nasty freaks. It's going to be very sweet when their mediocre acting idol is gone from the airways. Even sweeter that I'll never have to be assaulted by his heinous voice and visage.

I have no plans to watch this crapfest. Kurt is living his dreams in NYC in a happy and healthy relationship and wildly successful with all his endeavors. He never met Bland, so he was never belittled by someone that is supposed to love him. Kurt Hummel, in my mind, gets a happy ending.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/20/2014, 10:27 pm

bayth wrote:
Delight wrote:I have been trying to ignore anything Glee-related nowadays because I really don’t have the desire to be disappointed and angered again and again, which is what season 6 Glee spoilers do to me. However, I feel I can’t stay silent when the Klainers harass Chris for, bloody hell excuse my language, Will being captured on a photo taken on Harry’s selfie.

I'm just counting down the days to the day when Chris is free from these nasty freaks. It's going to be very sweet when their mediocre acting idol is gone from the airways. Even sweeter that I'll never have to be assaulted by his heinous voice and visage.

I have no plans to watch this crapfest. Kurt is living his dreams in NYC in a happy and healthy relationship and wildly successful with all his endeavors. He never met Bland, so he was never belittled by someone that is supposed to love him. Kurt Hummel, in my mind, gets a happy ending.

Great post I agree. I am sure there will still be some great Kurt centered Glee fan fiction which will be way better than Glee been for a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 12/21/2014, 6:06 am

Klainers keep replacing Dave in the pic or just deleting him.

But I like this one a Pirate did. Razz 

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 13 Tumblr_ngxczhQT0U1qf6i52o1_1280
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/21/2014, 6:14 am

ColferInspired wrote:Klainers keep replacing Dave in the pic or just deleting him.

But I like this one a Pirate did. Razz 

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 12 - Page 13 Tumblr_ngxczhQT0U1qf6i52o1_1280

I like it too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/23/2014, 9:03 pm

From spoiler thread:

I'm going to go out in a limb here.

Mia Swier, Darren's girlfriend is in charge of BTS promos, etc. im guessing she arranges scheduling for interviews, etc.

So far Chris has had ZERO BTS footage, interviews, promos on screen utilizing him.

I don't buy the BS he's not around accidentally when interviews are needed or that he declines to participate, nobody has that clout, not even Jane.

Pity Chris, Naya and Kevin are so flagrantly marginalized.

Considering that along with Lea, Chris the only actor to apparently to appear in all 10 first spoiled episodes casting, is the only Glee actor up this year for a PCA award for the show, and his Kurt is arguably one of the most iconic characters on Glee, his complete lack of onscreen speaking promotion I lay at Mia's feet. THis bullshit didn't happen when Kalen was in charge of BTS PR, etc.

IMO she has little to zero interest to give him promo focus. If this changes in the next few weeks I will gladly admit I'm mistaken, but until then I stand by my opinion. phr34r
I would like to add that makes Mia appear as unprofessional and tacky as possible, you would think she would want to at least give the appearance of not being so biased but apparently she doesn't give a shit since Glee is basically over.

Not expecting Mia to use Chris in interviews much than a token appearance down the line this season. And then she'll probaly have Darren interview Chris so he can get more promo time. I actually hope my suspicions are wrong and she doesn't turn out to be so flagrantly biased in her professional duties and just plain so tacky.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 12/23/2014, 10:33 pm

Oh, I have no doubt that you are correct on this one, Buenos. It makes absolutely no sense to sideline Chris in these promos. Despite the fact that Ryan gives Darren the lion's share of screentime and songs, it is Chris that gets the most attention in the media, and it is Chris who has a strong enough following to get him a PCA nomination as a write in candidate. Other than Lea and Jane, Chris is the only member of this cast who has made appearances on the major late night talk shows (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only evening show Darren has ever been on was the Conan O'Brien show once). It makes absolutely no sense not to have him front and center in these promos.

It will be interesting to see if Fox puts any money into the advertising budget for Glee, and to see if the print campaign and posters heavily feature Chris (and Lea) like they have in the past rather than Ryan's golden boy.

We have been complaining about Mia's blatant favoritism for months. Since Mia took over the BTS, they have been more about promoting Darren than promoting Glee. I still say that Darren's commentary on the episode Chris wrote is one of the most embarrassing pieces of film I've ever seen.

It is sad that Fox didn't reign Ryan in to protect the series, but they lost interest in it after giving Glee too more years. And sadly, no one at the network appears to be paying attention to what Mia does either.

It's weird, but now that the trainwreck is just a couple of weeks away, it is sad to think that three months from now it will be all over.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/23/2014, 10:53 pm

It just boggles the mind that with 3/4 of the final season filmed Mia didn't bother to get a single BTS interview/promo before the break with Chris, which ensures no Chris on air speaking promo before Glee starts airing in January.  Nada.  Zippo.  It's so flagrant  Shocked I once tried to give Mia the benefit of the doubt but what a tacky person she's turning out to be.

If Chris wins the PCA award in January two days before Glee airs it will be the height of fucking irony.

Then again we'll probably have Mia interviewing Darren over Chris PCA win. phr34r
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 12/23/2014, 11:12 pm

Where he will try to appropriate the win for himself in some manner.

I hope within a year or so, we have a lot more answers about what has really gone on behind the scenes these past several seasons. I wonder who will be brave enough to tattle.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/23/2014, 11:35 pm

Is valid if Mia wants to promote his boyfriend, but can she be more obvious please? I know she means well, but I'm not sure if actually is doing any favour to him. Yeah he gets lots of promotion, but I think only his fans appreciate that, for the rest of the fandom is annoying. So this strategy could be a double-edged sword. By other side, I know is Chris the one we care about, but I may be wrong, he isn't the only one who has been put aside, but also Naya for instance. So it makes me wonder, if in order to make Darren to look good, they cut out those who could be a threat.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 12/23/2014, 11:49 pm

brisallie wrote:Is valid if Mia wants to promote his boyfriend, but can she be more obvious please? I know she means well, but I'm not sure if actually is doing any favour to him. Yeah he gets lots of promotion, but I think only his fans appreciate that, for the rest of the fandom is annoying. So this strategy could be a double-edged sword. By other side, I know is Chris the one we care about, but I may be wrong,  he isn't the only one who has been put aside, but also Naya for instance. So it makes me wonder, if in order to make Darren to look good, they cut out those who could be a threat.

But none of it makes Darren look good. He looks like he's always looked - an attention whore of the highest order. And it's not a good look at all. He's not as talented and loved as he thinks he is and it's going to be a major fall once the show is off the air. His 15 minutes are ticking down to the last seconds...
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/23/2014, 11:53 pm

bayth wrote:
brisallie wrote:Is valid if Mia wants to promote his boyfriend, but can she be more obvious please? I know she means well, but I'm not sure if actually is doing any favour to him. Yeah he gets lots of promotion, but I think only his fans appreciate that, for the rest of the fandom is annoying. So this strategy could be a double-edged sword. By other side, I know is Chris the one we care about, but I may be wrong,  he isn't the only one who has been put aside, but also Naya for instance. So it makes me wonder, if in order to make Darren to look good, they cut out those who could be a threat.

But none of it makes Darren look good. He looks like he's always looked - an attention whore of the highest order. And it's not a good look at all. He's not as talented and loved as he thinks he is and it's going to be a major fall once the show is off the air. His 15 minutes are ticking down to the last seconds...

Very good points. Totally agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 12/24/2014, 1:09 am

We can only suppose, but it does seem like unbalanced advertising of a show, no matter who is in charge. If FOX has such little control/care regarding effectively advertising a lame duck show it can be they are placating the most vocal group. Darren, however some of us might feel about him, does have 1.8 million followers on twitter (Chris has 2.49 mil, I had to look, Lea has 4.5 mil!) and that is not an insignificant number. Chris' fans stay no matter what, look at us, and I am sure Naya's and Brittana's stick around to at least see the wedding. Darren's fans, seem a little more fickle, IMHO, and need to have their feathers preened to stay the course.

What will be interesting to see is if the numbers change once Glee is over. To me Rachel has become annoying, she fights for nothing, but complains when things aren't handed to her quickly enough. Blaine is inexplicably winning everything when he has little to offer. Kurt alone will truly remain an icon, as well as his portrayer. Because Kurt is the person we wish we could be. The one who continues to fight when nothing seems to go out way. The one who refuses not to be themselves because others think they should be a certain way.

Let Mia show what she thinks is most popular. Or let FOX allow the show to burn from inattention because they don't give a crap. Or let RIB push their favorites, because they resent Chris' good fortune. In the end we aren't going to know why they advertise like they are, and it doesn't matter. We've stayed the course, it is almost over, and soon we will get to see Chris front and center in a movie. Or be able to devote himself to more books. The only thing I regret is that the show runners attention deficit disorder allowed a remarkable show to downward slide so completely, that it is simply a joke. So let them advertise Blaine all they want, because do we really want Chris to be stained by the bloody mess Glee has become? Not me.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/24/2014, 2:54 am

So true, in two months Chris will go on to other projects .

The Glee tenure is almost over for him (and us his fans).  Regardless of what he thinks of Glee, it is essentially over and Chris has to focus on  his post Glee career going forward.

We are fortunate as his fans that he has a high profile project starting almost immediately after Glee finishes.  I still can hardly believe he's to be filming a biopic as the LEAD of a young Noel Coward with Vanessa Redgrave, Jonathan Pryce and fucking Ian McKellan (Gandalf and Magneto himself..!!)  The director has teased for casting coups to be announced. 

Personally, despite everything, Glee will hold a special part in my heart and memory among other things, for how much it struck a chord with me when it first came out, and also because of how it literally changed the life and jump started the career of Mr. Chris Colfer.   It was a blessing for Chris and blessings are not double edged IMO.  (I'm reminded how Robin Williams said he would never downplay nor look down his nose at "Mork and Mindy" because it made his career, ditto Zac Ephron when others wanted him to mock his "High School Musical" origins. )

A biopic to be filmed in England, another book tour and book to be released this summer , at least a total of 4 more books to be published in the next 2 years, another movie project committed to  and  not yet announced,  (what could it be???) 
plus not I'm not ready to dismiss  Robo dog yet either LOL,  a possible ASYLUM movie, (Chris mentioned he was having monthly meetings on it)  hopefully another role in a plannned ABFAB  movie, apparently another not formally announced  project where he is overseeing other writers..

The list goes on and on.

Overall it's a good time to be a Chris Colfer fan.  Razz Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 12/24/2014, 7:09 am

Yeah, I try to rein in my feelings about Darren as much as possible because I am self aware enough to know that there is an awful lot of bitterness about his fans and how tptb have used him wrapped up in my distaste for him. So I feel unfair to slam him all the time (at other times I do find him gross enough to complain). However, that bts for Chris' ep was the most blatant piece of self promotion in the worst way. I still remember my jaw dropping at the number of times the first person singular could be brought into a piece to camera.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/24/2014, 10:27 am

Agreed. Although imo Chris/Kurt is Darren's biggest 'competition' there are others who don't get their due attention either.
Kevin/Artie is a better singer than Darren/Blaine, and he's also one of the few remaining regulars, but there's nothing from him.

Santana, Brittany and of course Kurt are the only other (main) gay characters of Glee, but it's only perfect alpha male gay Blaine who gets any attention.
Although the lack of Brittana in the promos can maybe be explained by Fox/Glee holding them back because they want to launch a big PR campaign around them and their wedding later, after the first few episodes have aired.

(BTW: they're not really promoting Klaine much either now, and if you wouldn't know any better Blaine could be perfectly straight in the promos so far. Hmmm. humhum )

bayth wrote:But none of it makes Darren look good. He looks like he's always looked - an attention whore of the highest order. And it's not a good look at all. He's not as talented and loved as he thinks he is and it's going to be a major fall once the show is off the air. His 15 minutes are ticking down to the last seconds...
It certainly is a double edged sword, because with the already overexposure of Blaine in Glee (plus it doesn't help that Blaine can be quite an annoying character to boot) Darren getting overexposed in the bts videos as well is just too much (if 'Blee' wasn't too much already) for most fans and I'd even argue the GA.

There was a famous Dutch stand-up comedian (Toon Hermans) who once talked about how parents should react when their daughter comes home with an annoying boyfriend. His solution was to praise, worship and talk positiviely of the new bf so much the daughter would get irritated/bored and dump him.
His words (translated of course): "We'll praise him right into his grave." tonguue

Divalicious wrote:We can only suppose, but it does seem like unbalanced advertising of a show, no matter who is in charge.  If FOX has such little control/care regarding effectively advertising a lame duck show it can be they are placating the most vocal group.  Darren, however some of us might feel about him, does have 1.8 million followers on twitter (Chris has 2.49 mil, I had to look, Lea has 4.5 mil!) and that is not an insignificant number.  Chris' fans stay no matter what, look at us, and I am sure Naya's and Brittana's stick around to at least see the wedding. Darren's fans, seem a little more fickle, IMHO, and need to have their feathers preened to stay the course. 
True. They're desperately trying to keep the Blarrenstans, as (after all other Glee fans abandoned ship) they are the fans left still watching (or at least are the fans most vocal and loud on social media).
And I also have the feeling that a lot of Darren's fans are fickle and will move on to other hot (in their eyes) guys as soon as Darren is not on screen every week anymore.

BTW: I think one of the reasons Lea has so many twitter followers is because she (used to) tweet a lot about Glee and give spoilers, whereas i.e. Chris doesn't tweet about Glee at all anymore.

The only thing I regret is that the show runners attention deficit disorder allowed a remarkable show to downward slide so completely, that it is simply a joke.  So let them advertise Blaine all they want, because do we really want Chris to be stained by the bloody mess Glee has become?  Not me. 
^This.
It's sad how RIB and Fox let everything slip between their fingers. Dammit, they had pure gold in their hands with the original cast and the first concept of Glee. :(

And although as his fan I'm irritated that Chris/Kurt isn't heavily featured in the promos for season 6, I'm also very relieved he won't be front and center in this trainwreck of Glee's final season.
Let Lea/Rachel and Darren/Blaine take their rightful place as the 'faces' of the last seasons of Glee, and be the visible symbols of why Glee is nothing anymore but a dumped in the death slot, laughable, mocked and detested by its own fans, dying show now.

Georgette888 wrote:Yeah, I try to rein in my feelings about Darren as much as possible because I am self aware enough to know that there is an awful lot of bitterness about his fans and how tptb have used him wrapped up in my distaste for him. So I feel unfair to slam him all the time (at other times I do find him gross enough to complain). However, that bts for Chris' ep was the most blatant piece of self promotion in the worst way. I still remember my jaw dropping at the number of times the first person singular could be brought into a piece to camera.
That was indeed the worst. Mad
It's astounding how Mia and Darren showed their true colors in that bts video. Mia with her clear favoring Darren over all the others in the video (especially Chris!), and Darren with his extremely cringeworthy 'joke' that everyone would of course assume it was him who got all those awards, noms and further acclaim.

But because it was such a blatant and shameless self-promotion from Mia and Darren the good thing to come out of that bts video is that there was absolutely no denying anymore that they were deliberately attention-whoring: it was very plain for everyone to see how egoistical, unprofessional and disrespectful (to Chris) that video was.
And it clearly still continues with the new promos. But people are noticing it and talking about it now, not only here but on other boards and tumblr as well, and not just the Kurtsies either.
So I think their attention-whoring and unprofessionalism will bite Mia and Darren in the butt eventually (Darren's reputation seems already to be tainted by the overexposure of Blaine, and I doubt people in the undustry who look at Mia's work on GleeSpecialOps are going to be eager to hire her for another PR job).

Just a few more months and Glee will end. It's a bittersweet feeling for sure (as we used to love this show and it brought us together), but it will also be a relief once it all will be over, especially the bts crap and the bullying 'fans' who harass Chris and his loved ones.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 12/24/2014, 12:02 pm

I smell desperation in the air. Production on Glee ends next month and the show will be finished by March. If Darren doesn't already have something lined up for after Glee ends, he's going to have major problems in continuing whatever momentum he might expect from being on Glee at this point. He's going to lose his relevancy (which means all those promotional opportunities that his management team has managed to force him into will start drying up) and then where will Darren be? Another generic out of work actor in LA.

So I'm not at all surprise that his girlfriend, who is in a position of some power, is going to pull out all the stops to try to promote him. This has been going on since Mia took over and I don't see it getting better. Chris might get some small focus, but she's going to keep the attention of Darren as much as she can get away with. But in the end, I don't think it's going to help. If Darren was going to be in so much demand, then we would have heard something about at least some prospective projects for after Glee. All he's spoken about is his album, but the longer the label has it shelved, the less likely it's going to see the light of day unless he self-releases (and sacrifices the promotion of the label). I think that for all the promotion and focus Darren has co-opted for himself, it's not going to translate into any kind of real marketability or job opportunities. This is their last ditch effort to make Darren happen and it's likely going to backfire.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 12/26/2014, 9:59 pm

When it comes to Darren's career, I don't have so much to say as I've reached a point that I can't bear he's everywhere. But I do have this thought that is hard to foresee what the future brings, as things are constantly change it, and who is on the top today, tomorrow will be forgotten (hopefully isn't Chris's future, and I doubt it as he's a workaholic). HOWEVER, in the case of Darren, and added as what I mentioned before, HIS fans argue all the time he will go to Broadway after Glee ends. For them, he's practically the next star of this generation, and brag about it all the time. Yeah, I got is their idol ( we praise Chris all the time,'cause he deserves it), but they don't have to want other people to feel the same, or expect everybody 'fall in love' with their idol. No, is something that occurs naturally, you're attracted or not to someone. You find him talented or not, and so on.

I need to vent this.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/26/2014, 10:46 pm

I get that fans/Stans love their favorites.

I personally think Chris is an exceptional actor, a very good singer (on some occasions sublime) and that he contributed more than somewhat to creating an iconic character on TV.

What I don't get is rationalizing that your favorite is guaranteed mega stardom, that is just delusional.  I don't get flooding ANOTHER actors tumblr with phtos/articles of your fave, even things unrelated to the other actor under the pretense that they share an onscreen SL. That is plain rude.

So while I'm a minority here in that I'm going to miss some of Glee, I'm not going to miss the eternal wank of fandoms competing or fans of other actors associated with Chris. I'm not going to miss the eternal rationalizations from so called fans who dismiss his visibly diminished role on Glee as long as they get a happy  ending for their shipdom. I don't have to wonder why he gets sidelined on screentime and can't catch a break as far as a TV episode giving him a leading SL, if he was a breakout star character when the show started.

I can follow Chris and his career, his future projects/movies/writing without having to disentangle the fandom/comparisons with another actor.  I can read interviews where he's asked about his current projects that focus on him.  

I will no longer have to wade through sites for Glee spoilers (because I can't admittedly quit getting news of Chris in his acting projects, ) and have to read shade of him constantly by so called fans.  Somehow I don't think Ian McKellan fans are going to overrun the Noel Coward web sites to gush how Ian is so much better, or why Chris can't be more on board for their acting project, etc.  it will be nice to know that Chris will go on to projects where as an individual he will get SL's and characterizations and will rise or fall per the projects he chooses.  

It will be enjoyable that Chris can choose projects that can highlight him or work with directors/show-runners who are enthusiastic to use him for his acting skills.

In that sense, I'm glad Glee is coming to a merciful end.  I don't even have to feel guilty about it because it is a "done deal".
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 41 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 41  Next