Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread

+18
Buenos
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
fantastica
SippyCupofLuv
Ireth
sheny
Lottie2303
Ranwing
opals
AnneNeville
ladydianab
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap10%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap24%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]
5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap38%5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 38% 
[ 8 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 21

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  valkeakuulas 12/1/2013, 5:21 am

The reviewr is right in so many things but mainly he/she is upset about the same things as we. Not about the fact that they depicted Blaine as a jerk but their eventual lack of continuity. Blaine's Puppet Master personality will not be addressed again. I am ready to retratct that at any point if they actually do give him a valid personality trait.

Do I believe the writers made Blaine dismissive of Kurt because in their mind it now equalises the TBU episode...yes. Because they're thinking very basic math 2-2 is zero. Everything is in balance, I hope you are happy now so that we can continue what we think is brilliant. Considering the way they pandered a fandom since S3 it's funny how dispespectfull these same people can now be towards fans.

I still have have a bad feeling they can somehow turn this again into Blaine victory, either by making Kurt do something silly or Blaine feeling butthurt about something very little.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 12/1/2013, 6:41 am

I have been saying that giving Blaine a mental illness would be an interesting storyline (though I don't really think Darren is capable of handling that storyline). maybe the writers read my fan fiction and will institutionalize him.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/1/2013, 7:28 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I have been saying that giving Blaine a mental illness would be an interesting storyline (though I don't really think Darren is capable of handling that storyline). maybe the writers read my fan fiction and will institutionalize him.
True, I agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/1/2013, 7:35 pm

Sorry for the Blaine exposure, but posting for creepiness (and truth from Kurt) : 

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mx5dxeljb81t0grebo1_250  5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mx5dxeljb81t0grebo2_250

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mx5dxeljb81t0grebo3_250  5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mx5dxeljb81t0grebo4_250

5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mx5dxeljb81t0grebo5_250  5x07 "Puppet Master" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 5 Tumblr_mx5dxeljb81t0grebo6_250
x

Ugh, how horrible and creepy is this? Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 12/2/2013, 3:50 am

Just to cheer you up: Kurt could never gaze adoringly to Blaine eyes with his head resting on his sholder like that if they are both standing on the same floor. Razz

Although that top right hand corner is the creepiest for me just because it shows Blaine also wanting to control Kurt physically, make his less "threatning", smaller, feeble?

Or then I read way too much into it, because well this is Glee.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 12/2/2013, 7:11 am

I skipped most of the McKinley parts, so I find this episode somewhat tolerable to watch. Am I disappointed that the 'get into the Groove' performance was a fantasy? Yes, but the forewarning through spoilers made the disappointment easier to swallow. Besides, fantasy or not, I really enjoy the song and the performance.

As for the McKinley parts, I find that Blaine/DC is surprisingly effective in comedic scenes. Blaine sulking on the sofa (that earned him Kitty's 'manstruating' comment) and his interaction with Brad the pianist earned chuckles from me. It made me realise once again how much better this show would be if the writers utilise their actors/characters appropriately.

I know there's plenty to be upset about when it comes to the Klaine in the episode, but since I could mentally blot out the Klaine and pretend it doesn't exist most of the time, I'm almost Zen about the whole thing.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/2/2013, 2:52 pm

I must say Chris as Kurt looked gorgeous in this episode.

While that may not have been the intent, I found it hilarious that with just his voice Chris was the best actor in the Klaine/discussion/detention scene.   Kurt looked really pissed when he got off the phone so I really don't think their conversation was all "fantasy".

The funny thing is I sort of get why Blaine would wish for a Kurt puppet.  In most of their confrontations, well basically all of them, Kurt always comes off as stronger, more confident and secure and there's a pattern of Blaine storming off in anger or passively aggressively acting out because he rarely comes out ahead in these discussions.   Kurt comes across as more mature and strong so a puppet is the only way Blaine can win any argument with him, if that makes any sense.  Since Kurt has him by the short hairs it makes sense that is Blaine's fantasy.

I"m puzzled by those saying Kurt always wins in NY, the band success was a fantasy and all they got was chance to play in another gig.  Seriously, that get''s translated to Kurt always winning?  Rolling Eyes

It was nice how the band ultimately was so supportive of Kurt despite their misgivings, I found that sweet.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 12/3/2013, 5:09 pm

Final ratings: FOX Glee 0.9 / 2.84 million

Except for the program on CW Glee scored the lowest ratings of the night, including re-runs of other shows. uhuhu
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/3/2013, 5:37 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Final ratings: FOX Glee 0.9 / 2.84 million

Except for the program on CW Glee scored the lowest ratings of the night, including re-runs of other shows. uhuhu
Seems like an eternity ago that people were venting that Glee getting a lowest ever 1.6 Demo last year was due to Thanksgiving and that it was an anomaly never to be repeated...phr34r 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 12/3/2013, 6:10 pm

the lower the rating, the happier i am.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 12/3/2013, 6:20 pm

I"m just baffled the PTB can't seem to grasp something is "broken" on the show.

Doesn't FOX see it?
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 12/3/2013, 6:30 pm

fantastica wrote:the lower the rating, the happier i am.
Me too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5