Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

+20
tanita_mors
coxfire
ladydianab
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
Delight
arina
sjonnepon
glimmerle
AnneNeville
valkeakuulas
fantastica
sheny
Jellyrolls
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
Ranwing
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
24 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

Post  Buenos 8/29/2013, 4:11 am

Fan created album:

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mrsso6cW6j1r6y5jxo7_500
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013

Post  brisallie 8/29/2013, 2:07 pm

arina wrote:This mug is so cute

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mrsso6cW6j1r6y5jxo8_500
So cute. Where do I can get this mug?

Buenos wrote:Fan created album:

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mrsso6cW6j1r6y5jxo7_500
This's has been one of the most awesome things I've seen in this tour. I'm wondering what's the soundtrack.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/30/2013, 1:18 am

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_msbpy6FJ0w1rlxidfo1_500

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_msbpy6FJ0w1rlxidfo2_500

BRIAN COLFER WEDDING ANNOUNCEMENT
I posted about a week ago about my daughters and I meeting Chris at his final book signing in Seattle. I had mentioned that my daughter had photo shopped a picture of his cat Brian and our cat penny getting married. (pic above is him seeing the picture on her phone). 
Chris accepted the proposal and said that since we were the brides parents, if we covered all expenses, he was all for it.
So to my future feline - in - law, Brian
Welcome to the family!
Oh yeah, and Chris you are welcome also! Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/30/2013, 3:22 am

I never remember what was here already

Chris’ final book signing in Seattle, Washington

So me and my girls got to go to Chris’ book signing - we live in Oregon so it was only a 3.5hr drive - and so worth it!

When we arrived at the bookstore for the signing things were kind of crazy but they were trying to get everyone organized and in a line at the back of the store in the DVD section - they had a table set out for him with three cups of water and 3 diet cokes - we kind of laughed at that (they must think he was going to be really thirsty) As we were lining up they had all this security (uniformed) and the store employees telling everyone that no photos would be allowed so please put away cameras and cell phones - (they kept saying the no photo rule was according to Chris and his team - the next paragraph made me wonder)

at around 5pm Alla came out - to say that she is graceful would be an understatement - she was calm and poised - but got exactly what she wanted for Chris before he came out. she had them re-arrange the table to a different spot in the aisle,  set up an area for photography and take away two of the three coke set ups and leave only one chair at the table.

They then made an announcement that photos would be allowed - apparently not all of the security and employees heard this as they still kind of hollered and yelled when photos were being taken and then embarrassingly stepped back when told it was ok’d.

When Chris came out he was waving and so sweet - he made a point to look around and address everyone as we were now in three different areas around the store - but for the most part we could see him at the table the entire time.

There really were not a lot of people there (around 250?) but we were at the back of the line (by choice we wanted to be last)

The entire time he was so very sweet with everyone that came up to his table - he was entirely focused on the person in front of him - listened attentively to what they were saying - laughed when they said something funny - interacted as if what they had to say was important to him also - he was VERY animated with the children and made a point to talk to them when they were too afraid to talk to him - a few of the kids walked out crying with huge eyes and stunned faces that they had met him. As we progressed forward and got closer to the front of the line we were able to start getting close up pics of him - his energy never wavered (even though he had already done one signing earlier that day)

Alla was so very sweet and stood protectively by his side - I can honestly see why they have such a great relationship - she really is his pseudo-mom without being overbearing and allowing him the space he needs - Many kudos to her!

When it was our turn my youngest stepped up - she was unable to do anything except step up to the table and respond to him - he said hi and asked what her name was then repeated it - she walked away kind of dazed.

I went up next and told him I didn’t come to get his autograph - but instead to give him something - I pulled the frog out of the box (the pic above shows his reaction to seeing it) Froggy is my favorite character and when I saw this I thought of Chris and bought it (I did buy it before he said no gifts - so I figured I would just go for it - but a lot of people gave him things including a pair of white converse shoes) He was so sweet and so surprised when I showed it to him - Alla said something but I didn’t hear her (I was fairly nervous to be honest so I was having trouble focusing)

Before I left the table I leaned toward him and said, “I want you to know that you have a fan base well above the age of 12, that Justin Beiber will only ever dream of having.”  He laughed and said, “I know, it’s incredible”

I said, “you are amazing and I just adore you.” to which he said “Thank you - thank you so much.”

My oldest daughter stepped up next and gave him a script she had written two years ago for her high school winter showcase (she has been hoping for a chance to give it to him for almost two years - it is about the princesses and she thought he of all people would appreciate it) she also gave him Cheetos and a diet coke for snacks while reading (she was hoping bribery would coerce him to read it Smile

She showed him a picture on her phone (you see her holding it up to him in the first pic) She had decided that since there was not a chance of her getting to marry Chris himself the next best way to become “related” to Chris was to become  in-laws so she photo shopped a picture of our cat (Penny is her name) and Brian in wedding veil and suit in front of the Eifel tower. He laughed and told her that since she was the mother of the bride that if she paid for the ceremony he was all for it!

So - I am now in-laws with Chris Colfer and Brian is my feline-in-law!!!

It is fairly surrealistic to see him in person - he is so small and slim in stature - but he is beyond beautiful to look at and such a dear soul!

Would do it again in a heartbeat - what a gem he is!!

Sorry this is so long - hope you enjoyed our story - I will share the pic of Penny and Brian when I can get it from my daughter!
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/30/2013, 3:37 am

arina wrote:I never remember what was here already

Chris’ final book signing in Seattle, Washington

So me and my girls got to go to Chris’ book signing - we live in Oregon so it was only a 3.5hr drive - and so worth it!

When we arrived at the bookstore for the signing things were kind of crazy but they were trying to get everyone organized and in a line at the back of the store in the DVD section - they had a table set out for him with three cups of water and 3 diet cokes - we kind of laughed at that (they must think he was going to be really thirsty) As we were lining up they had all this security (uniformed) and the store employees telling everyone that no photos would be allowed so please put away cameras and cell phones - (they kept saying the no photo rule was according to Chris and his team - the next paragraph made me wonder)

at around 5pm Alla came out - to say that she is graceful would be an understatement - she was calm and poised - but got exactly what she wanted for Chris before he came out. she had them re-arrange the table to a different spot in the aisle,  set up an area for photography and take away two of the three coke set ups and leave only one chair at the table.

They then made an announcement that photos would be allowed - apparently not all of the security and employees heard this as they still kind of hollered and yelled when photos were being taken and then embarrassingly stepped back when told it was ok’d.

When Chris came out he was waving and so sweet - he made a point to look around and address everyone as we were now in three different areas around the store - but for the most part we could see him at the table the entire time.

There really were not a lot of people there (around 250?) but we were at the back of the line (by choice we wanted to be last)

The entire time he was so very sweet with everyone that came up to his table - he was entirely focused on the person in front of him - listened attentively to what they were saying - laughed when they said something funny - interacted as if what they had to say was important to him also - he was VERY animated with the children and made a point to talk to them when they were too afraid to talk to him - a few of the kids walked out crying with huge eyes and stunned faces that they had met him. As we progressed forward and got closer to the front of the line we were able to start getting close up pics of him - his energy never wavered (even though he had already done one signing earlier that day)

Alla was so very sweet and stood protectively by his side - I can honestly see why they have such a great relationship - she really is his pseudo-mom without being overbearing and allowing him the space he needs - Many kudos to her!

When it was our turn my youngest stepped up - she was unable to do anything except step up to the table and respond to him - he said hi and asked what her name was then repeated it - she walked away kind of dazed.

I went up next and told him I didn’t come to get his autograph - but instead to give him something - I pulled the frog out of the box (the pic above shows his reaction to seeing it) Froggy is my favorite character and when I saw this I thought of Chris and bought it (I did buy it before he said no gifts - so I figured I would just go for it - but a lot of people gave him things including a pair of white converse shoes) He was so sweet and so surprised when I showed it to him - Alla said something but I didn’t hear her (I was fairly nervous to be honest so I was having trouble focusing)

Before I left the table I leaned toward him and said, “I want you to know that you have a fan base well above the age of 12, that Justin Beiber will only ever dream of having.”  He laughed and said, “I know, it’s incredible”

I said, “you are amazing and I just adore you.” to which he said “Thank you - thank you so much.”

My oldest daughter stepped up next and gave him a script she had written two years ago for her high school winter showcase (she has been hoping for a chance to give it to him for almost two years - it is about the princesses and she thought he of all people would appreciate it) she also gave him Cheetos and a diet coke for snacks while reading (she was hoping bribery would coerce him to read it Smile

She showed him a picture on her phone (you see her holding it up to him in the first pic) She had decided that since there was not a chance of her getting to marry Chris himself the next best way to become “related” to Chris was to become  in-laws so she photo shopped a picture of our cat (Penny is her name) and Brian in wedding veil and suit in front of the Eifel tower. He laughed and told her that since she was the mother of the bride that if she paid for the ceremony he was all for it!

So - I am now in-laws with Chris Colfer and Brian is my feline-in-law!!!

It is fairly surrealistic to see him in person - he is so small and slim in stature - but he is beyond beautiful to look at and such a dear soul!

Would do it again in a heartbeat - what a gem he is!!

Sorry this is so long - hope you enjoyed our story - I will share the pic of Penny and Brian when I can get it from my daughter!
This was just lovely. wub
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/26/2013, 8:13 pm

I think this belongs in this tag too. When 2 fandoms collide:

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mtr8pu0kVU1qe476yo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 9/26/2013, 8:42 pm

I wanna go!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 9/27/2013, 1:02 am

This is amazing!!!
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/27/2013, 6:43 pm

Chris Colfer Book Signing in Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort
posted on September 26th, 2013 by Michelle Harker, Merchandise Marketing & Communications Project Manager, Disneyland Resort

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Bg-post-top
We are excited to welcome #1 New York Times bestselling author, Golden Globe winner, and huge Disney fan, Chris Colfer to the World of Disney as we celebrate the release of his second book, The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns.
Best known for his role as Kurt Hummel on “Glee,” Colfer will be joining us October 12, 2013 from 2 – 4 p.m. in the Downtown Disney District, to sign copies of his bestselling series.

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Col567894Small
The Land of Stories brings readers on a thrilling quest filled with magic spells, laugh-out-loud humor and page-turning adventure. After Alex & Conner Bailey find themselves in the Land of Stories, they come face-to-face with the characters they grew up reading about. But the fairy tales they knew were just the beginning.
In addition to being a bestselling author, Golden Globe winner, and Emmy and SAG award nominee, Chris is an honored member of TIME 100, Time magazine’s annual list of the one-hundred most influential people in the world and has written several books including Struck By Lightning: The Carson Phillips Journal and The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell along with his most recent release.
How It Works!
Purchase The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns book at World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort beginning Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 9 a.m., while supplies last, and receive a voucher to return for the signing experience. Please note a limited number of The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell will also be available to purchase.
Purchase limits will apply. Limit ONE (1) item signed, per Guest. We ask that you bring no personal items to be signed. Appearances are subject to time and availability and are not guaranteed. Restrictions apply. Event and information are subject to cancellation or change without notice including but not limited to dates, times, appearances and retails. The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns book for the signing must be purchased at World of Disney® Store on or after, 9 a.m. on October 12, 2013. Valid Disneyland® Resort sales receipt and event voucher will be required.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 9/27/2013, 8:09 pm

A Disneyland book signing would be so much fun. Wish I could go. I wonder what it takes to get someone such as Chris, okay, specifically Chris, to do a book signing. I had a "friend" (we never met in person and she has since moved to LA!) who lived in Kansas City and we once plotted how to campaign for a signing at a B&N. But, I really am curious as to how that comes about.

Oh, and last year I called one of the bookstores in LA that was doing TLOS signing and the clerk that I talked to was from Overland Park, KS which is just 20 minutes from my house. It was so much fun to talk to her as she had already met Chris so it was no big deal. Ha! That's it I am moving! Razz 
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 10/9/2013, 9:06 pm

Who is headed to Disneyland this weekend? Out of curiousity how much are tickets going for now? I went in 19*cough*87 and I don't remember how much I paid then. And I wonder how many fans will be hanging around to see if he stays at the park/resort.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/12/2013, 5:40 pm

And the fun is about to begin again: neutre 

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukohbDKmB1qfnqywo1_500
x

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukp64utyc1sqmc2ro1_500

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_muko8duE5v1qfnqywo1_500
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/12/2013, 6:27 pm

First pics:

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukrdxj93q1sg9z6fo1_500
x

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukrb9Roy01qzc7fqo1_500
x

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukrsalsi91qe476yo1_500
x
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/12/2013, 6:41 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukrt2adP41sg9z6fo1_500
x

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukryhhgCw1qe476yo1_500
x

sugarsgonesour:
Chris is the cutest I just love him so much.
he asked my name, which he hasn’t done before, and I asked him if he was excited for fantastic beasts and where to find them. his eyes got wide and he was like “yes! oh my god it’s like someone heard my prayers!” and rob aguire and ashley fink are here and everyone is adorable and perfect.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/12/2013, 7:11 pm

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/12/2013, 7:20 pm

Chris said happy birthday to me, told me that the book I got him was the one he wanted. We talked about the book he called me sweet for bringing him gifts all the time. He remembered me and he complimented my backpack and laughed when I said “he’s a friend” and he shook my motherfucking hand.
I’m five seconds from passing out an crying

alexwishington:
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/12/2013, 7:28 pm

Oh gosh now that I’m more coherent heres what happened when I met chris
So I was practically crying when I went up to him and oh god pictures do him no justice like THE FRECKLES I PRETTY MUCH GASPED OUT LOUD AT HOW BEAUTIFUL HE IS
but I just went up and said”thank you so much, chris, for everything”(mind you, half crying cause I’ve lost count how many times he had saved me from some hella bad stuff)
And he’s all like “oh you’re welcome! What’s your name?”
So I go “Kira” and hE SAID “Hi Kira!” And signed my book then just smiled at me and I swear I have never heard my name spoken in a more beautiful voice and the most dazzling and wonderful smile
I WAS HYPERVENTILATING IN SHOCK WALKING AWAY SO I COULDN’T THINK TO TRY AND GET A PIC CAUSE MY BRAIN WAS SHUT DOWN BUT I.
I can’t even believe this right now, you guys.

bloodsigilsandsex
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/12/2013, 7:32 pm

After being awake 36 hours, driving all night, and waiting in line….. I MET CHRIS COLFER AKA KURT HUMMEL FROM GLEE! THIS WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!! I’m standing in shock as I type this.

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukrsqZtcc1rcnlzio1_500

iwanttofindmylobster
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/12/2013, 7:33 pm

• Me: Chris, which is better, cake or pie?
  • Chris: hrm cake, definitely

grrawr
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/12/2013, 7:38 pm

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukuamKMLK1qe476yo1_500
x

It seems he got a 'full house':

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukuhji3pd1qjlzrgo1_500
The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukuhji3pd1qjlzrgo2_500
The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukuhji3pd1qjlzrgo3_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/12/2013, 7:46 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukuamKMLK1qe476yo1_500
x

It seems he got a 'full house':

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukuhji3pd1qjlzrgo1_500
The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukuhji3pd1qjlzrgo2_500
The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukuhji3pd1qjlzrgo3_500
Damn, you beat me. Razz

But it is so wonderful that the books are all sold out. hola
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/12/2013, 7:47 pm

Chris brings along with him Roberto and Ashley, that's nice. And I wonder how does he feel by being surrounded by Halloween   stuff? He loves that celebration. Well he loves his costumes.

@Marie and Liz, thanks for all the info.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/12/2013, 8:03 pm

ColferInspired wrote:
Damn, you beat me. Razz
The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Ab-cheeky

But it is so wonderful that the books are all sold out. The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 621014945
Yes, it is indeed. Chris Colfer on his way to conquor the world! hiphopa 

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukvtbToQD1qe476yo1_500
x
Cutie pie. <3

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukvnoGEbr1sg9z6fo1_500
teephanieelaai: Omg I feel like I’m in a daydream ☺️ I’m so happy right now… I love you Chris Colfer
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/12/2013, 8:05 pm

brisallie wrote:Chris brings along with him Roberto and Ashley, that's nice. And I wonder how does he feel by being surrounded by Halloween   stuff? He loves that celebration. Well he loves his costumes.

@Marie and Liz, thanks for all the info.
You're welcome. Smile

There should be more pics coming up and probably some video's as well.

The Land of Stories 2 : Book Tour 2013 - Page 18 Tumblr_mukvgesj5E1qjlzrgo1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 10/12/2013, 8:26 pm

I wonder if Chris made 'The Enchantress Returns' Mickey ears for his friends Smile
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next