Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

+31
ColdFlame96
confusing
coxfire
glimmerle
bayth
fantastica
Ranwing
Ireth
M&M
AnneNeville
TimF
SippyCupofLuv
opals
sjonnepon
valkeakuulas
ariel189
Divalicious
rooszie
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
Delight
Jellyrolls
Glorfindel
BigDestiny
brisallie
arina
Lottie2303
sheny
Buenos
MoviesAreLife
ChrisColferFan1
35 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  ColdFlame96 5/22/2013, 4:03 pm

Buenos wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:BTW, do we know what episodes Fox submitted for the Emmy submission? If memory serves me correctly, I'm thinking they submit around six episodes. These are the ones I'm thinking:

Shooting Star (for Matt, Jane, Lauren, and Dot)
Makeover (for SJP)
Lights Out (for Naya)
Glee Actually (for Kevin and Chris)
The Breakup (for Lea and Chris)
Diva (for Lea, Chris, and Jenna)

Not sure what I have in their for Kate, or Mike. This is just off the top of my head, so I'll probably change my mind later.

Glee, Actually could work for Mike too. I think for Kate it could be The New Rachel, which could also work for Lea and Chris.

"The New Rachel" would definitely work for Mike O' Malley.

I think it'd be:
The New Rachel(Lea, Chris, Kate, and Mike
Make-over(SJP and Chris)
The Break-Up(Lea, Chris, Cory, and Naya)
Thanksgiving(Melissa, Chris, and SJP)
Swan Song(Cory and Chris)
Glee, Actually(Kevin, Chris, Mike, and Jane)
Diva(Lea, Chris, Naya, and Jenna)
Shooting Star(Blake, Dot, Matt, Jane, Lauren, and Melissa)
Wonder-ful(Chris, Mike, and Kevin)

Now, obviously, not all of these are going to be picked. But I think these would be the best options overall for choosing.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 30 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7

Post  Buenos 5/22/2013, 4:06 pm

I liked "Diva" for the hilarious argument between Kurt and Rachel, and of course, for their wonderful "Bring him Home". The were both dramatic and comedic in that episode.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/22/2013, 4:11 pm

Buenos wrote:I liked "Diva" for the hilarious argument between Kurt and Rachel, and of course, for their wonderful "Bring him Home". The were both dramatic and comedic in that episode.

I thought Naya and Jenna also did very well in that episode.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/22/2013, 4:19 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
Buenos wrote:I liked "Diva" for the hilarious argument between Kurt and Rachel, and of course, for their wonderful "Bring him Home". The were both dramatic and comedic in that episode.

I thought Naya and Jenna also did very well in that episode.

Yup, I thought that , though i hated the SL, probably Jenna's best work.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/22/2013, 5:20 pm

There are 4 episodes that have been confirmed as Emmy submissions:
- The New Rachel.
- The Break-Up.
- Feud.
- Shooting Star.

If I would pick other episodes to submit it would be 'Diva' and 'Wonder-ful', and not only because of Kurt having a significant part in them.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/22/2013, 5:48 pm

Glorfindel wrote:There are 4 episodes that have been confirmed as Emmy submissions:
- The New Rachel.
- The Break-Up.
- Feud.
- Shooting Star.

If I would pick other episodes to submit it would be 'Diva' and 'Wonder-ful', and not only because of Kurt having a significant part in them.

I can understand the other ones, but I still don't know why they picked 'Feud'. That episode was awful and forgettable. The only thing I remember is the 'Bitch took my pillow' line and the 'Stay away from my future wife!' thing. beam
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/22/2013, 8:10 pm

Glorfindel wrote:There are 4 episodes that have been confirmed as Emmy submissions:
- The New Rachel.
- The Break-Up.
- Feud.
- Shooting Star.

Diva is probably a given because of Jenna.

If it is only six, then it has to be either the Makeover, Thanksgiving, or Lights Out because of SJP.

But then again, they need All or Nothing for Patty Duke.

So maybe it isn't Diva, or maybe it is more than six.

Last edited by Jellyrolls on 5/22/2013, 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/22/2013, 8:11 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:
I can understand the other ones, but I still don't know why they picked 'Feud'. That episode was awful and forgettable. The only thing I remember is the 'Bitch took my pillow' line and the 'Stay away from my future wife!' thing. beam

Feud is probably in there for Matt and Cory. And maybe even Blake.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/22/2013, 8:17 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:

Feud is probably in there for Matt and Cory. And maybe even Blake.

Matt and Blake could do 'Shooting Star' and Cory could 'TBU'. I thought both of those were much more impressive in terms of acting.

ETA: 'Thanksgiving' would be good for both SJP and Melissa. 2 birds with one stone. The thing that bothers me is that Pattys on there. She was only in 2 scenes and it wasn't anything over impressive. Not to mention, the 2 scenes she was in were propping up the most obnoxious storyline ever made, and the episode itself was a hot mess.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/22/2013, 10:42 pm

nobody is getting anything. Not even I will get anything.

i want something... such as ice cream!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/22/2013, 11:18 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:So, between the Emmy submissions, and first the lack of a people's choice nomination, and now the lack of a teen choice award, it really shows that Darren isn't nearly as popular, or talented as his stans think he is. Darren has a very vocal core group that is very active on social media, but it's not going to be enough to sustain him forever (especially if he doesn't have someone like Ryan pushing him forward, and someone like Chris to latch onto).

It has to be a slap in Darren's face, and RIB's too that their golden boy wasn't included.

And that concert tour is still a huge joke to me. I looked at the Boston date, and 20% of the seats are still available for sale on stubhub. The Boston venue holds 2500 people, and there are currently 512 tickets available on stubhub. By comparison, most other events at the same venue have less than 10% of the tickets available on stubhub. It just seems very fishy to me.

I was thrilled when I saw these two nominated once again. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 30 650269930

Maybe the talk about Darren's managment buying most of the tickets has some truth to it?

Who knows?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 5/23/2013, 4:00 am

''So, basically - if things don't work out with the Paris trip (meaning if we don't get tickets for Darren's show) then I might just be going to London for the weekend instead ... Wink''

quote on the K-B-thread on Gleeforum.

It's that thread and the whole K-B and Chris/Darren fandom in a nutshell.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/23/2013, 4:17 am

^ So Chris is second choice, huh?

Oh well, this fan is more generous in his/her affections for Chris/Darren than I'll ever be. If I don't get the chance to attend a booksigning with Chris in London, I wouldn't even bother with Paris. They can give me a free ticket to DC's show and I still wouldn't bother with Paris.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 5/23/2013, 4:42 am

Delight wrote:^ So Chris is second choice, huh?

Oh well, this fan is more generous in his/her affections for Chris/Darren than I'll ever be. If I don't get the chance to attend a booksigning with Chris in London, I wouldn't even bother with Paris. They can give me a free ticket to DC's show and I still wouldn't bother with Paris.

they could give me money and i still wouldn't bother with Paris.
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/23/2013, 4:48 am

In all fairness to the poster who was quoted apparently there was a trip to combine the premieres of both Chris and Darren's movies in Paris and preliminary plans were made by a group of Klainers to purchase tickets to both and Darren's concert. It wasn't until after these tentative plans that Chris announced his book signing in London.

So it's not as if the poster was baldly stating their preference.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/23/2013, 4:52 am

I'm just glad that Chris will be in London on the 16th, because this probably means he won't be at Darren's concert in Paris (on the 17th), as he will probably travel to Britain on the 15th (after his book signing in Paris). So no CrissColfer speculations can come from them being in Paris at the same time and Chris possibly attending Darren's concert.
We dodged a bullet there. ooppss

So when Chris has the SBL premiere in Paris, Darren has a concert in Toronto. And by the time that Darren has his Paris concert and the Imogene showing at the film festival, Chris will be in London.
The only overlap (when we know both will be in Paris at the same time) is Chris' book signing for SBL in Paris on the 15th. But I hope that 1) Darren won't be in Paris already, or if he is: 2) Darren has to rehearse his concert at that time and/or 3) Darren will have the decency to not show up at a book signing that has got nothing to do with him or Glee. unsure

-ETA- Darren will have a concert in Cleveland on the 14th, so there's almost no way he can be in Paris during the daytime of the 15th. Twisted Evil
They will be like ships passing in the night, when it comes to Paris. tonguue

Last edited by Glorfindel on 5/23/2013, 6:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed some dates I got wrong)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 5/23/2013, 5:01 am

Glorfindel wrote:. But I hope that 1) Darren has to rehearse his concert at that time and/or 2) Darren will have the decency to not show up at a book signing that has got nothing to do with him or Glee. unsure

Don't you know? He will just go there to support his friend! Evil or Very Mad
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/23/2013, 5:23 am

You guys are right that by submitting Patty, they also need to submit the finale, don’t they? Are the ludicrous??! FOX didn’t even allow pre-screenings which speaks volumes about the quality. The entire proposal storyline received a lot of negative reaction. Anyone not clouded by Klaine-glasses were dumbfounded about the insanity and stupidity.

The only option I see Chris getting nominated by the Emmy committee to provide a big ‘fuck you’. RIB tried to challenge the entire television industry by claiming it is only about the concept and not the characters. Then they punished their most critically acclaimed and fan favorites actors, as well as fans by pushing them in the background. As well they tried to push other characters, which ironically enough got largely ignored during the submission. Still, in those minutes/(seconds) Chris shone. That naturally also showcases his extreme talent. Basically, you try to create stars but we’ll show the critical acclaim and support to those who actually deserve it. I don’t want Chris to be nominated this way, don’t believe he will be nominated this way, but it is the only explanation I got in case there will be a major surprise.

I predict Feud was only submitted for Matt, because there are not other notable episodes for him. I hope they add Diva. It was a good Kurt episode. Or maybe Sawn Song. Or Wonder-ful. Anything, but not the finale (…or Feud. Too late…).
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/23/2013, 6:01 am

This post is on tumblr, and as it summs up exactly why I dislike Blaine, why I think the writers are shit, and why I feel so angry as a Kurt stan, I want to put it here:

I honestly have never hated a character on a show the way that I hate Blaine Anderson.

I like douchebag characters, in general anyway. I can like a character who is perfectly characterized as a villain and is treated as such in the narrative. I even love to hate some villains, because I get pleasure out of bad things happening to them.

That’s why they exist. That’s the reason villains are created — to give viewers someone to rally against while they cheer on the protagonist. I’m totally okay with characters who do shitty things to other people, because that’s life. That’s just going to happen.

But with Blaine Anderson, they’ve created a character who does shitty things but never has to atone for them.

He’s awful because he never has to actually atone for his actions. As long as he cries enough, people are just supposed to forgive him. I can’t even go into the way the narrative handled The First Time episode. I’d be here all day if I tried to go into that episode and why I hated it, but a lot of my dislike of that character is based in that episode.

But my point is that the narrative forces other characters into forgiving him even when he’s done nothing to deserve it. Or even worse, the narrative forces the other characters to take Blaine’s faults onto themselves in order to brush off Blaine’s negative actions.

That’s why I hate him.

I don’t hate him because he cheated on Kurt. I hate him because he was allowed to get away with blaming that cheating on KURT. The narrative allowed that. The writers allowed that by going even further and making other characters blame Kurt (i.e. Tina during her wedding rant).

Blaine defenders argue that he’s not the only one who cheated, but my point is that he’s not an awful character simply because he cheated. He’s not even awful because he’s so pathetically desperate to get Kurt back that his behavior has reached creepy levels. He’s awful because he’s never had to tell Kurt he was wrong for blaming him.

Kurt’s supposed to just accept that they are inevitable and no matter what Blaine did, it’s okay, because they’re “soul mates.” What that sets up is a relationship where it’s okay for Blaine to do bad things, and he doesn’t even have to mean it when he apologizes. But the moment Kurt does something bad, Blaine is allowed to wring him out to dry in front of everybody.

I don’t hate him because he is a bad boyfriend. I hate him because he’s never forced to become a better one. He’s allowed to be hypocritical, and he’s allowed to punish Kurt for behavior that he expects to be allowed to get away with. The narrative allows him to go behind Kurt’s back and talk/flirt with other guys. The narrative allows him to crush on Sam at the same time he’s trying to convince people that Kurt is his soul mate. The narrative allows for the fact that Kurt is kept in the dark about all these things that Blaine does, but Kurt’s “secrets” get brought out into the open.

Blaine is allowed to be all about himself, but the moment that Kurt’s behavior isn’t all about Blaine, Blaine punishes him. He punished Kurt for Chandler, and he punished Kurt twice for being happy about NYC — once when he ignored Kurt during DWS and then again when he cheated after Kurt left. The narrative allows Blaine to punish Kurt, but when Kurt tries to distance himself during the break up, for good reason, he’s made out to be the bad guy for “not understanding Blaine.”

I don’t hate him because he sings too much. I hate him because his songs no longer have any meaning. They aren’t important anymore. His most recent love serenade was to a guy he’s not even with, yet his narrative involved him proposing to someone else entirely. And the viewers are just supposed to be okay with that. Viewers are still supposed to cheer for him, when he’s not my protagonist.

KURT is my protagonist.

Kurt is the one I want to hear about, but because of this stupid one-sided presentation of this relationship, I never get to really hear what Kurt wants. When a reference is made to what he wants, it’s forgotten an episode later when I have to listen to more of what Blaine wants.

I don’t hate him just because he’s Blaine.

I hate him because the narrative is trying to convince me that Blaine is more important than Kurt.That what Blaine wants should be given preference, and how Blaine feels should be taken more seriously.

And I don’t have time for that.
flawlesskurthummel rooots
(BTW: I have no idea if this is someone who posts here, or someone I know from another board. saispa)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/23/2013, 6:07 am

Glorfindel wrote:This post is on tumblr, and as it summs up exactly why I dislike Blaine, why I think the writers are shit, and why I feel so angry as a Kurt stan, I want to put it here:

I honestly have never hated a character on a show the way that I hate Blaine Anderson.

I like douchebag characters, in general anyway. I can like a character who is perfectly characterized as a villain and is treated as such in the narrative. I even love to hate some villains, because I get pleasure out of bad things happening to them.

That’s why they exist. That’s the reason villains are created — to give viewers someone to rally against while they cheer on the protagonist. I’m totally okay with characters who do shitty things to other people, because that’s life. That’s just going to happen.

But with Blaine Anderson, they’ve created a character who does shitty things but never has to atone for them.

He’s awful because he never has to actually atone for his actions. As long as he cries enough, people are just supposed to forgive him. I can’t even go into the way the narrative handled The First Time episode. I’d be here all day if I tried to go into that episode and why I hated it, but a lot of my dislike of that character is based in that episode.

But my point is that the narrative forces other characters into forgiving him even when he’s done nothing to deserve it. Or even worse, the narrative forces the other characters to take Blaine’s faults onto themselves in order to brush off Blaine’s negative actions.

That’s why I hate him.

I don’t hate him because he cheated on Kurt. I hate him because he was allowed to get away with blaming that cheating on KURT. The narrative allowed that. The writers allowed that by going even further and making other characters blame Kurt (i.e. Tina during her wedding rant).

Blaine defenders argue that he’s not the only one who cheated, but my point is that he’s not an awful character simply because he cheated. He’s not even awful because he’s so pathetically desperate to get Kurt back that his behavior has reached creepy levels. He’s awful because he’s never had to tell Kurt he was wrong for blaming him.

Kurt’s supposed to just accept that they are inevitable and no matter what Blaine did, it’s okay, because they’re “soul mates.” What that sets up is a relationship where it’s okay for Blaine to do bad things, and he doesn’t even have to mean it when he apologizes. But the moment Kurt does something bad, Blaine is allowed to wring him out to dry in front of everybody.

I don’t hate him because he is a bad boyfriend. I hate him because he’s never forced to become a better one. He’s allowed to be hypocritical, and he’s allowed to punish Kurt for behavior that he expects to be allowed to get away with. The narrative allows him to go behind Kurt’s back and talk/flirt with other guys. The narrative allows him to crush on Sam at the same time he’s trying to convince people that Kurt is his soul mate. The narrative allows for the fact that Kurt is kept in the dark about all these things that Blaine does, but Kurt’s “secrets” get brought out into the open.

Blaine is allowed to be all about himself, but the moment that Kurt’s behavior isn’t all about Blaine, Blaine punishes him. He punished Kurt for Chandler, and he punished Kurt twice for being happy about NYC — once when he ignored Kurt during DWS and then again when he cheated after Kurt left. The narrative allows Blaine to punish Kurt, but when Kurt tries to distance himself during the break up, for good reason, he’s made out to be the bad guy for “not understanding Blaine.”

I don’t hate him because he sings too much. I hate him because his songs no longer have any meaning. They aren’t important anymore. His most recent love serenade was to a guy he’s not even with, yet his narrative involved him proposing to someone else entirely. And the viewers are just supposed to be okay with that. Viewers are still supposed to cheer for him, when he’s not my protagonist.

KURT is my protagonist.

Kurt is the one I want to hear about, but because of this stupid one-sided presentation of this relationship, I never get to really hear what Kurt wants. When a reference is made to what he wants, it’s forgotten an episode later when I have to listen to more of what Blaine wants.

I hate him because the narrative is trying to convince me that Blaine is more important than Kurt.That what Blaine wants should be given preference, and how Blaine feels should be taken more seriously.

flawlesskurthummel rooots
(BTW: I have no idea if this is someone who posts here, or someone I know from another board. saispa)

banzai banzai bounce
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/23/2013, 6:43 am

Glorfindel wrote:This post is on tumblr, and as it summs up exactly why I dislike Blaine, why I think the writers are shit, and why I feel so angry as a Kurt stan, I want to put it here:

That’s why I hate him.

KURT is my protagonist.

flawlesskurthummel Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 30 448518291
(BTW: I have no idea if this is someone who posts here, or someone I know from another board. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 30 2637547145)

I bow down to this poster.

This post was flawless and so accurate. Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 30 3070767216 Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 30 448518291Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 7 - Page 30 448518291
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/23/2013, 10:58 am

ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 5/23/2013, 12:16 pm

ColdFlame96 wrote:Found this on tumblr. Warms my heart so much. Twisted Evil

http://lulhannes.tumblr.com/post/51144534682/ioncewasateenagefangirl-so-i-didnt-manage-to

To be fair, if I liked Darren and Chris equally, I'd imagine a concert as more fun than standing in line at a book signing . . .

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 5/23/2013, 12:19 pm

AnneNeville wrote:
ColdFlame96 wrote:Found this on tumblr. Warms my heart so much. Twisted Evil

http://lulhannes.tumblr.com/post/51144534682/ioncewasateenagefangirl-so-i-didnt-manage-to

To be fair, if I liked Darren and Chris equally, I'd imagine a concert as more fun than standing in line at a book signing . . .

Not when just attending the concert costs $100, and the book signing is free. Especially when the main event of the concert doesn't know what the hell he's doing.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 5/23/2013, 12:56 pm

Mmh, I actually give some benefit of the doubt. People are allowed to like Darren more than Chris. They are also allowed to prioritize Darren’s concert above Chris signing. Doesn’t mean they are automatically bad Chris fans.

However, I agree it still represents somehow the attitude by a lot of Klainers by having it all about Blaine/Darren and Kurt/Chris is just an afterthought.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next