Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

+28
msjoanlucette
happydays
emilynna
ladydianab
Sani
Keyser
FunnyLady
opals
bayth
M&M
Buenos
ColferGirl
sjonnepon
Divalicious
BlueJazz
Ranwing
Delight
valkeakuulas
brisallie
Glorfindel
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
Ireth
ChrisColferFan1
fantastica
arina
ColferInspired
sahhar
32 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  Sani 8/24/2012, 7:37 am

brisallie wrote:BTW, someone on tumblr made this:
Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 Tumblr_m98fe9plNS1qahheuo1_500
source
This is something I would definitely watch... rather than season 4 of Glee.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5

Post  zuppid 8/24/2012, 7:43 am

He looks so handsome Embarassed
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 8/24/2012, 10:08 am

That looks like a poster for a Mad Men spin off, or something mafia related. phr34r
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/24/2012, 11:03 am

Glorfindel - This is precisely the reason why I'm having so many issues with what they've got planned for season 4. They painted themselves into a corner with NYADA being set up the way they did, and with Rachel being the only one admitted. In ensemble cast this big with so many competing storylines demanding focus, there is no way to develop to develop NYADA without completely swallowing up the time for all the other storylines (which is a big concern that I have). By making it solely Rachel's storyline and having her be the only character of the established case be the one interacting in that storyline, the writers set up an impossible situation. You can't make the storyline interesting if none of the supporting characters that are supposed to be Rachel's rivals are anymore more than nameless faces in a crowd. We're supposed to buy that this is the single most competative theater program in the country. The only way that I can buy Rachel being seriously challenged is if they make her challengers worth considering. If they're just dones filling the scenery, then it's basically an empty set to highlight the wonder that is Rachel Berry, Star Supreme.

Which leads me to my next issue with the set up. I get that Rachel is exceptionally talented and has a burning ambition to be on Broadway. But they have pushed the idea that she is so exceptional that she has no real rivals to such an extreme that Rachel has become a characterture. She's the best at everything and always wins. After awhile, it becomes boring. There's no question that Rachel's place on Broadway is all be predestined, so any roadblocks are temporary and any drama comes across as contrived since the conclusion is set in stone. The girl from small town Ohio will be the biggest star ever. So why should I care at all? Where is the suspence that her challenges are real and the odds against her really are steep? The show has so thoroughly removed all obsticles to her success (now apparently including Finn) that it's just not possible for me to care.

The way we see things being set up, Rachel will now get the boyfriend who on paper seems the perfect match for her as her ideal leading man (handsome, nice, supportive with the same interests and goals). The one adversary they are setting up for Rachel is her dance instructor and my concern is that rather than make her a dedicated professional who is judging Rachel fairly and finding her talent in this area lacking, they'll just make her an unreasonable bitch who's there to give Rachel a hard time. If Rachel is seen as being treated unfairly by a bullying teacher (which is the impression that I'm getting from the promo so far), it's again setting up the idea that she is insanely talented, has no flaws or weaknesses and those that don't agree are mean, bullies, jealous, etc. Again, the drama becomes artificial and contrived because Rachel will never actually fail.

One of the reasons that I grew to care about Kurt's storyline so much (besides the character himself and the actor playing him) is that nothing was ever certain for him. He had goals and dreams, but it was never set up that he was destined to do what he wanted. His challenges were much more real than Rachel's were, and he was allowed to fail and have the failures stick. That kept me deeply invested in his storyline. I never watched Kurt and thought that anything was a sure thing for him because it never was allowed to be. In fact, the chances that he would fail were a lot better than the chances were that he would win. With Rachel we get just the opposite - she never fails. At least, not in a way that really sticks. There's always some way to get around his failures so that she suffers no real lasting consequences. Without going into NYADA with the idea that Rachel really has the deck stacked against her and the odds of her standing out, let alone making it through the program are so steep, it's just more empty exercises to show off how wonderful she is.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/24/2012, 3:07 pm

Ranwing, you forgot to include that her dance instructor is supposed to have an alcohol problem. Because only someone inebriated would fail to see Rachel's awesomeness.

Wouldn't it just blow our collective minds if Rachel were actually kicked out of NYADA? Not that I think for one moment they would go there, but, wow, that would make Rachel an actual human being in one swoop. Dreams dashed, her straight shot to Broadway stardom veered somewhere else. At most, I think she will quit. I still see an off-Broadway storyline coming in during the season. Perhaps Isabelle has a connection, and gets Kurt an audition. Rachel, seeing Kurt on the stage before her would be jealous, and feel constrained by a 4 year college. She can't wait to make it, and quits so she can discover her stardom earlier. Then of course, they would go back to Kurt being overshadowed, but what else is new.

I see this working for several reasons. Kate is on for 6 episodes, so either they plan on recurring big stars being Rachel and Brody's teacher just to keep NYADA open, or it just disappears to just being mentioned. If Brachel takes off, then he can quit NYADA and join her, and if he fails (I doubt, the fan girls who like a good looking guy will want him no matter what) he can disappear in NYADA when Rachel leaves.

But I love the idea of Rachel spending so much time dwelling on what Kurt, and probably Santana at this point, are doing she doesn't give her classes the attention they require. Whoopi then tells her that she gave her a big chance, and she botched it. She is so focused on being a star, she forgets it is a destination, not the journey. No short cuts, no favoritism. A big dose of honesty.

But that would require Rachel being a human being capable of failure. Not going to happen. Of course, my other big beef with NYADA is Brody can get in, while Kurt, (not to mention Jesse)who has Broadway written all over him, can't. That guy better bring it, and not just with poppy numbers.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/24/2012, 3:34 pm

Divalicious wrote:Ranwing, you forgot to include that her dance instructor is supposed to have an alcohol problem. Because only someone inebriated would fail to see Rachel's awesomeness.

How could I forget that? This has been SOP for Glee for ages - make Rachel look better by making her opponant as awful and unsympathetic as possible. We saw this in season 1 - Rachel is trying to steal another girl's boyfriend, and a girl who is pregnant to boot. How to make it so that Rachel doesn't look like a completely self-centered monster? Make the other girl the worst bitch that ever walked the schools of McKinley, Rachel's personal bully and a cheater who's baby isn't even her boyfriend's.

Wouldn't it just blow our collective minds if Rachel were actually kicked out of NYADA?

I've been saying for awhile now that I don't see Rachel finishing out the season at NYADA, mostly because of the logistial nightmare it's going to be having so much in the way of screen time, sets and extra cast members in order to support the storyline of a single character in a large ensemble cast. But I also want to see it because just for once, I want to see Rachel actually fail at something and have it stick. Whether she quits or flunks out, it's something that she desperately needs to learn. And for one, to have something negative happen to Rachel that doesn't immediately get expunged. No do-overs here. Rachel very much needs to join the real world in understanding that just becuase she really, really, really wants something and works for her (by her standard of working hard) that doesn't necessarily mean she's going to get it.

I see this working for several reasons. Kate is on for 6 episodes, so either they plan on recurring big stars being Rachel and Brody's teacher just to keep NYADA open, or it just disappears to just being mentioned. If Brachel takes off, then he can quit NYADA and join her, and if he fails (I doubt, the fan girls who like a good looking guy will want him no matter what) he can disappear in NYADA when Rachel leaves.

I'm right now amused by the Rachel stans who hated Finchel because they hated seeing Rachel defined by her relationship now squeeing over Brody. What happened to Rachel perhaps deciding to focus on her career and studies and putting dating on the backburner. After all, she's just getting over a three-year long realtionship. Can we say "rebound"? Being single would be good for her. Wouldn't it be a hoot if because she's so focused on Brody that she neglects her work and that's the reason she gets drummed out of NYADA. And then Brody can dump her because she no longer will be his ideal leading lady. ptdr

But that would require Rachel being a human being capable of failure. Not going to happen. Of course, my other big beef with NYADA is Brody can get in, while Kurt, (not to mention Jesse)who has Broadway written all over him, can't. That guy better bring it, and not just with poppy numbers.

This guy had better be the second coming of Tommy Tune given that we're told that only 20 applicants get accepted every year and most likely, he got accepted the year that Jesse got rejected. If he isn't the most amazing singer, dancer and actor ever, the screams of "BULLSH*T!" across the fandom will be epic!

As for St. Rachel of the Special Snowflake, I can imagine that rather than actually have her fail at something that they'll burn NYADA to the ground, or Ms. Tibideaux will be arrested for smuggling heroin in shippments of ballet slippers. Because oh so perfect Rachel can never actually screw up at something.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/24/2012, 10:46 pm

Divalicious wrote:Ranwing, you forgot to include that her dance instructor is supposed to have an alcohol problem. Because only someone inebriated would fail to see Rachel's awesomeness.

Wouldn't it just blow our collective minds if Rachel were actually kicked out of NYADA? Not that I think for one moment they would go there, but, wow, that would make Rachel an actual human being in one swoop. Dreams dashed, her straight shot to Broadway stardom veered somewhere else. At most, I think she will quit. I still see an off-Broadway storyline coming in during the season. Perhaps Isabelle has a connection, and gets Kurt an audition. Rachel, seeing Kurt on the stage before her would be jealous, and feel constrained by a 4 year college. She can't wait to make it, and quits so she can discover her stardom earlier. Then of course, they would go back to Kurt being overshadowed, but what else is new.

But I love the idea of Rachel spending so much time dwelling on what Kurt, and probably Santana at this point, are doing she doesn't give her classes the attention they require. Whoopi then tells her that she gave her a big chance, and she botched it. She is so focused on being a star, she forgets it is a destination, not the journey. No short cuts, no favoritism. A big dose of honesty.

Dean Geyer is a mediaocre actor. He his not that good.

I know I sort of talked him up a bit, but I was excited that an Aussie was going to be in Glee, but now I don't care I want to say what I really feel about him and know about him.

He came third on Australian Idol, got a recording contract with Sony BMG. His debut single reached eleven in the Aussie charts called the Arias, and the album bombed big time.

He first appeared in a soap in Australia called Neighbours, and just disappeared in the background as the actress he played opposite (Delta Goodrom) outdid him enormously.

And back then he was a Christian and a virgin (don't know if that has changed, not that I really care).

In Terra Nova again his character just seemed to blend into the background. He does not have the acting chops to keep up with Lea.

With such a poor actor, makes me think why not hire someone who has acted professionally for years who can also sing?

If they really care that much about Rachel's story then why she will she be singing most of time?

She is turning into a female Blaine. And now she looks like Lea and not Rachel, we probably should start calling her Lachel. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 3429310274

And stars like Kate and Whoopi and their characters draw focus away from Rachel. For all we know there might be other big name guest stars appearing as well. This does not sound like a thought out story, it just sounds convenient to me. Throw in a weak actor ex idol guy that can sing (I prefer Darren's voice). It sounds like to me all they want from this storyline is Itune hits.

When you think about with Kurt's story real actors, not big names except for SJP are being cast. So there shouldn't be much focus taken away from Kurt's story.

That is why I am staying optimistic. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 650269930

Last edited by ColferInspired on 8/24/2012, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/24/2012, 10:57 pm

^ thank you so much for the insight that only an Aussie can provide! rooots obviously they've given up on teh stories and just focus on very superficial stuff, like itune sales, sexy dances, celebrity/tributes and anything can keep certain audiences' eyeballs look back a bit. they've already jumped the sharks. now they do nothing but sharp and whale jumping. Looking forward to this big flop Brody guy. I bet he will get fans who only care about his looks etc. It seems that he and Lea's scenes are mostly singing and dancing type.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/24/2012, 10:57 pm

this is the ultra large/clear version of kurt in the promo group photo:

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 Tumblr_m9a46jK8Me1qg25zco1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/24/2012, 11:02 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 Tumblr_m926l8MGeN1qgfb58o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/24/2012, 11:10 pm

fantastica wrote:^ thank you so much for the insight that only an Aussie can provide! Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 448518291 obviously they've given up on teh stories and just focus on very superficial stuff, like itune sales, sexy dances, celebrity/tributes and anything can keep certain audiences' eyeballs look back a bit. they've already jumped the sharks. now they do nothing but sharp and whale jumping. Looking forward to this big flop Brody guy. I bet he will get fans who only care about his looks etc. It seems that he and Lea's scenes are mostly singing and dancing type.

That is why I am hoping with the New York part, that when we see the team at Vogue, that people become interested in them and want more. These are real actors they are hiring not former Idol failures like Dean. Plus as a personality to me he was boring and bland. All Australian Idol did was focus on his looks on the show.

He did sing a Bon Jovi song, I would say it was quite weak and lacked that energy and power. The stupid judges still raved and the teenage girls still screamed their heads off.

When Dean's character was supposed to show anger on the show it was so forced and just looked embarassing.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/24/2012, 11:17 pm

*sigh* If they're going to mine American Idol for cast members, why can't they hire Adam Lambert? Besides being very, very, very pretty, the man is the best male vocalist I've heard in years and he's got a long history of musical theater in his background so we know he can actually act. He'd actually be a credit to the show.

But no... we need Mr. Medicore to dance around Rachel and tell her how wonderful she is. Am still finding it very, very hard to believe that Kurt and Jesse don't get into NYADA, but this bore did.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/24/2012, 11:30 pm

^ you are using too much logic Ranwing. glee often defies logic.

They are mining A.I. contestants because the audience of these singing shows care nothing about acting etc. Just give them good looking dudes who can babble in front of the microphone and make girls' ovaries burst. that's all they need to keep the show floating for now and as long as they choose top 40 hits they can keep the itune sales decent enough. don't forget, this is not art. it's all business! No wonder it's far away from awards now. It doesn't deserve any.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/24/2012, 11:32 pm

Ranwing wrote:*sigh* If they're going to mine American Idol for cast members, why can't they hire Adam Lambert? Besides being very, very, very pretty, the man is the best male vocalist I've heard in years and he's got a long history of musical theater in his background so we know he can actually act. He'd actually be a credit to the show.

But no... we need Mr. Medicore to dance around Rachel and tell her how wonderful she is. Am still finding it very, very hard to believe that Kurt and Jesse don't get into NYADA, but this bore did.

The thing is Brad is so excited about this pairing that obviously they don't have a back plan or even think Brody will be a failure as a character.

What happens if he does, what will they do with Rachel's story at Nyada then?

Her story could turn into a big flop a disaster.

And Kurt's story to me sounds better planned and thought out as I think maybe Finn's will be as well and maybe Santana's.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 8/25/2012, 12:24 am

ColferInspired wrote:The thing is Brad is so excited about this pairing that obviously they don't have a back plan or even think Brody will be a failure as a character.

What happens if he does, what will they do with Rachel's story at Nyada then?

They didn't think that Damian would be the total flop that he was and we got to see the end result. A huge rollout with everyone going on and on about how amazing he was and then when POG aired, you could hear the gears grinding as everything came to a screaching halt each time Damian opened his mouth.

I can't help from escaping that all of this focus on Rachel and Brody is to try to build up this storyline so that the audience can't help from like it. Just like they did when rolling out Rory. I don't think it's any accident that Lea's twittering has gone on overload (and that's even granting that she's the biggest self-promoter on the show) and so much is leaked so early about what's supposed to be one of the most sigificiant storylines for the season. It's like they're going "LOOK AT THIS! IT'S NEW AND IT'S FANTASTIC! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!" And me, being the contrary little bitch that I am goes... "Uh, no thank you."

Her story could turn into a big flop a disaster.

The potential is high, and I will be cackling like a fiend every moment of it. Will bet by mid-season if they see that NYADA is flopping, Rachel will quit/get expelled and we can put it behind us.

And Kurt's story to me sounds better planned and thought out as I think maybe Finn's will be as well and maybe Santana's

If only for the fact that we're getting only a very small number of spoilers for Kurt's story and what we're getting is the some solid focus of him building an adult career with adults who aren't there to twirl around and sing crappy pop songs. Call me biased if you must, but I'm glad that Kurt's story seems to have far more potential to be interesting than see the Rachel Berry Fantasy Exraviganza.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/25/2012, 1:35 am

I think they are really depending on Lea's talent and charisma to carry this forward. Plus, it is hardly difficult acting to constantly flirt with a pretty girl. He just has to show himself enamored and perfect boyfriend material and all the Rachel fans who want her to sleep with every cute guy in NY will be very happy.

What I find really surprising is that some stans want Rachel to be Lea, not more mature Rachel. Rachel would be uncomfortable with sexy dancing, she would be game to try, because she is ambitious, but I don't see her doing a great job at it, at least not initially. But from the stills I saw, it looks like she does a great job, so more Rachel success, with a panting guy to prove how desirable she is, so you should admire her also.

While I would love for a tall, handsome, nice guy to grab Kurt and lay one on him, I also know it would not be true to his character to fall into bed with someone. I would like him to realize his true worth, and that he is a great catch.

I do think there will be a marked contrast between Kurt's working world and Rachel's fantasy land. Rachel is getting a few speed bumps with her teacher, but she also has a built in cheerleader in Brody, so she is hardly alone. Plus, apparently she will move in with Kurt, and have his support as well. Rachel never has to forge into the world by herself, something Kurt has done over and over again.

The mean part of me hopes the GA draws away from the fairy tale of Rachel and root for Kurt. A real young man, making it in the real world. We all know how difficult that is, and how finding a team player is more valuable than someone who is in it for themselves. I know that is the way I have it at work, I have nurses who work under me who are very solid performers, and great team players, and I have better evenings when they are on, than the people who are highly skilled, but won't get off their butt if it isn't regarding their own patients. I would love to see television value that person, where we have all this reality television that rewards the most underhanded and sneaky. That would be revolutionary.

While I am most certainly an adult, and have enjoyed the teen stories, I think the GA will enjoy a more adult storyline all together, and will find Kurt's journey more relatable. I know I will.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/25/2012, 3:56 am

ColferInspired wrote:

I know I sort of talked him up a bit, but I was excited that an Aussie was going to be in Glee, but now I don't care I want to say what I really feel about him and know about him.

He came third on Australian Idol, got a recording contract with Sony BMG. His debut single reached eleven in the Aussie charts called the Arias, and the album bombed big time.

He first appeared in a soap in Australia called Neighbours, and just disappeared in the background as the actress he played opposite (Delta Goodrom) outdid him enormously.

Oh, joy. Another mediocre actor is just what Glee desperately needs. *sigh*

Let's see how that Brachel story pans out (and I would be lying if I claim that it bothers me one bit if this romantic storyline for Rachel tanks). I'm thinking that if Lea/Rachel has to do the heavy-lifting in her scenes with her new on-screen partner, those Rachel fans who hated Finchel with a fiery passion would be clamoring for Finn's return before long. For all of Finn's faults, at least this character is well-realized and his actor is capable.

ColferInspired wrote:
When you think about with Kurt's story real actors, not big names except for SJP are being cast. So there shouldn't be much focus taken away from Kurt's story.

That is why I am staying optimistic. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 650269930

^ Good point.

I do, however, have enough confidence that Chris/Kurt would hold his own even when acting opposite well-known actors/actresses. I'll have to wait until I get to watch SBL before seeing this for myself, but his performance on Prop8 is a good indicator that it's hard to steal focus from Chris/Kurt, even if you're a big name actor or actress.

fantastica wrote:
They are mining A.I. contestants because the audience of these singing shows care nothing about acting etc. Just give them good looking dudes who can babble in front of the microphone and make girls' ovaries burst. that's all they need to keep the show floating for now and as long as they choose top 40 hits they can keep the itune sales decent enough. don't forget, this is not art. it's all business! No wonder it's far away from awards now. It doesn't deserve any.

Your take on the situation is so cynical, but I find that it has become very true for Glee. The casting agent for Glee used to look out for triple threats. Now double or even single threats can find a place on the show. I wouldn't even mind the 'single threat' part, if it involved good acting skills.

Ranwing wrote:
If only for the fact that we're getting only a very small number of spoilers for Kurt's story and what we're getting is the some solid focus of him building an adult career with adults who aren't there to twirl around and sing crappy pop songs. Call me biased if you must, but I'm glad that Kurt's story seems to have far more potential to be interesting than see the Rachel Berry Fantasy Exraviganza.

I'm hoping that the lack of Kurt spoilers is because their promotional team is attempting to keep a good storyline under wraps, because they know how curious the audience are about Kurt's fate after that season3 finale. The alternative explanation for the lack of Kurt-related spoilers would be that there just isn't much in the way of an individual storyline for Kurt other than him and Vogue and SJP existing mainly to give Rachel a makeover (which we know is happening).
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/25/2012, 4:12 am

Delight wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:

Oh, joy. Another mediocre actor is just what Glee desperately needs. *sigh*

Let's see how that Brachel story pans out (and I would be lying if I claim that it bothers me one bit if this romantic storyline for Rachel tanks). I'm thinking that if Lea/Rachel has to do the heavy-lifting in her scenes with her new on-screen partner, those Rachel fans who hated Finchel with a fiery passion would be clamoring for Finn's return before long. For all of Finn's faults, at least this character is well-realized and his actor is capable.

ColferInspired wrote:

^ Good point.

I do, however, have enough confidence that Chris/Kurt would hold his own even when acting opposite well-known actors/actresses. I'll have to wait until I get to watch SBL before seeing this for myself, but his performance on Prop8 is a good indicator that it's hard to steal focus from Chris/Kurt, even if you're a big name actor or actress.

fantastica wrote:

Your take on the situation is so cynical, but I find that it has become very true for Glee. The casting agent for Glee used to look out for triple threats. Now double or even single threats can find a place on the show. I wouldn't even mind the 'single threat' part, if it involved good acting skills.

Ranwing wrote:

I'm hoping that the lack of Kurt spoilers is because their promotional team is attempting to keep a good storyline under wraps, because they know how curious the audience are about Kurt's fate after that season3 finale. The alternative explanation for the lack of Kurt-related spoilers would be that there just isn't much in the way of an individual storyline for Kurt other than him and Vogue and SJP existing mainly to give Rachel a makeover (which we know is happening).

We do kind of think that Kurt's get's an interview, and do think they are really looking for the right one's for his story, and not just grabbing someone from an idol show or a big star.

I do think his story will start in episode three and probably continue on after the hiatus is over probably why we don't have anymore spoilers. Rachel's story is set up and done, my theory is they are still putting together Kurt's but they know where they are the going and Chris knows as well (well, I hope so).

But it is interesting how we are given spoilers about Kurt little by little, which is to me like a build up to something.

People are interested.

Rachel they already know, so where is the interest?

Chris does not give away spoilers on Twitter like Lea does when he is filming.

And remember Chris said he was happy in a recent interview a couple of weeks ago, which to mean he likes where Kurt's story is headed or will be headed.

This is why I am staying even more optimistic.

If Brody fails then they will just reboot Finchel.

I would just rage if they turn Brody bi just to keep Dean on the show. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/25/2012, 4:36 am

I think unless Brody really hits he'll disappear instead of becoming bi. With the limited number of people in NY, there is no one to pair him with, and I don't think they will give him another partner. I saw Terra Nova, thought he was cute, but he didn't stand out as a star in the making. I think he realizes what a big chance he has here, and will really bring it, but limited actors usually show, which is why I fear the coming of Alex. Using limited actors to their strengths, and things are fine, but more than that we have another Heather situation. We'll see, I admit, I am already against success for his character just because I am tired of Rachel being the only desirable female on Glee. Kind of petty, but that is how I feel.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/25/2012, 5:00 am

Divalicious wrote:I think unless Brody really hits he'll disappear instead of becoming bi. With the limited number of people in NY, there is no one to pair him with, and I don't think they will give him another partner. I saw Terra Nova, thought he was cute, but he didn't stand out as a star in the making. I think he realizes what a big chance he has here, and will really bring it, but limited actors usually show, which is why I fear the coming of Alex. Using limited actors to their strengths, and things are fine, but more than that we have another Heather situation. We'll see, I admit, I am already against success for his character just because I am tired of Rachel being the only desirable female on Glee. Kind of petty, but that is how I feel.

I am just fearing they will pair him with Kurt/Chris if his story with Rachel flops. Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 357632081

As of now I don't know how much they value Brody/Dean if any.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/25/2012, 5:27 am

The most Brody will be in scenes with Kurt will be if they become friends, and then Kurt has the problem of loyalty to his brother, and wanting to keep his friend. I sincerely doubt they will ever have a recurrent character interested in Kurt other than Blaine. More likely Sebastian will be back for Blaine, who is worried Kurt is bored with him, and like the emotionally immature, but somehow alpha gay he is, he will date Sebastian. Misunderstandings, heart break, and Kurt being his pristine little penguin self, despite a smoking hot body, and then they will reunite. Of course, it would be nice that the writers realize putting Chris in the forefront when he has a movie coming out, and a best selling novel might attract new viewers to the show. Giving him a guy singing and dancing in the streets would be nice. But Rachel corners the market on desirability. I will post a thousand apologies, well, not that many, but several at least, if the writers actually acknowledge what a swan Chris has become by having second takes, and perhaps some supermodels coming on to him before they realize he plays for another team, would do my soul some good. But in the end, I think Kurt will get another Chandler type scene, cute, but nebbish young guy crushing on Kurt. I suppose that is my own bias, that I prefer a tall, studly dude to hit on Kurt, but I can't help my bias. Cute, nebbish guys in for one episode just don't seem threatening, where a tall gorgeous guy would be, to Blaine, who has some height problems.

It would be hilarious if Kurt and Rachel had a neighbor who had a massive crush on Kurt and somehow could not tell he was gay. Oh well, at least we, his fans, know how gorgeous Chris is, and how Kurt should really be perceived. Our dreams will live on in fan fiction, thank god for that.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 8/25/2012, 5:41 am

Last week Ryan said in some interview or other that Grant was not coming back for season 4. So I doubt if we will be getting Sebastian.

I do think all we will get is the bromance between Sam and Blaine.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/25/2012, 6:32 am

After all I've heard about Dean Geyer I decided to look up some youtube videos of him singing. Blegh, he is a mediocre singer at best and will certainly not be able to do justice to a Broadway song. There's no way they can make me believe that his character got into NYADA over Jesse and Kurt. Evil or Very Mad
I don't get it, I really don't. If they wanted an actor who can sing both Broadway and pop songs there are more than enough young triple threats out there in Hollywood and New York. Matt, Lea and Jenna can do both, and so could Jonathan Groff and Grant Gustin.
It almost seems that lately when they try to find new actors for Glee they only screen for (sex-)appeal (to teenagers) and iTunes sales material, and not screen for the things that matter the most in a musical tv-series: acting + singing + dancing.

I have the suspicion that Dean was chosen on Glee because he was on Australian Idol, and there somehow was a deal/connection made, because Fox produces American Idol. There has to be a mutual self promoting connection. Wasn't there also a spoiler about a girl who had been on American Idol getting a (guest) role in Glee?
This crossover promoting, also from the X-factor and of course The Glee Project, is doing Glee no favors. They may get some initial extra excitement for a new character, but that will fade fast when the actor cannot act/sing/dance and cannot manage to capture the audience that is not watching those talent shows. But by the time TPTB of Glee discover that they have another dead weight character/actor dragging the show down.
For me it seems that the best new additions for Glee were found by traditional casting: Grant and Vanessa (Sugar).

I'm quite excited to see Sean Gunn (he used to be in the Gilmore Girls), the actor that will presumably be in the Vogue storyline. He is a good actor with a witty, dry delivery of his lines. Him, SJP and Chris together in a scene must be funny and magical. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/25/2012, 7:11 am

I really miss those days when casting was not just about sex-appeal... Season 1 kids were more varied, didn't look like group of models, were just more ordinary looking, normal people... and I know not everyone was great actor or singer, but everybody was special in something... and there was just someting about these kids, they seemed real to me...

Now is just about being hot... everytime someone new is casted, they emphasize in promotion how handsome he is because that's what's important... I kind of think that someone like Kevin for example wouldn't be casted nowadays because he is not your typical heartthrob type... talent does not matter these days. I cannot believe how many fans this new character has and nobody haven't seen any scene with him yet. But that was the same with Sebastian, long time before the episode with him aired, there were so many Sebastian's fans and Seblaine shippers...just because he was hot and the image of Sebastian and Blaine was hot for some...

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 8/25/2012, 7:13 am

Glorfindel wrote:
I'm quite excited to see Sean Gunn (he used to be in the Gilmore Girls), the actor that will presumably be in the Vogue storyline. He is a good actor with a witty, dry delivery of his lines. Him, SJP and Chris together in a scene must be funny and magical. neutre
I cannot wait for this, I hope they'll have great scenes together, although it will be strange to see him as something different from Kirk, because he was just sooo unforgettable character. Razz

I don't know if it was here, but you can see Kurt's on pictures in the Blaine' locker.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread--part 5 - Page 24 Tumblr_m9aijqmZgC1qg1zuyo2_1280
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next