Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread

+22
valkeakuulas
bayth
BlueJazz
Buenos
Shinra17
Ireth
CloveGlee
Emile
Delight
tanita_mors
arina
sheny
Divalicious
Catt24
sahhar
kac
M&M
fantastica
brisallie
Dame Loli
paulopf
Jellyrolls
26 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors 5/9/2012, 6:29 pm

It's all about perception. We may not like or aren't inclined to enjoy certain storyline. While I can acknowledge that DotMarie killed it in Choke, I hated the plot-line and it wasn't savaged for me until the very end when she went back to her husband because that felt very real and I both it. I know a lot of people hate what happens in IAU and don't like the episode because of it, but I loved it because of the same thing. Certain things are universal for all viewers but there is a point when everyone takes artistic license and just likes/hates/doesn't care about a plot line. We are all biased one way or another, to a lesser or a bigger degree, but no viewer is 100 % objective.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  brisallie 5/9/2012, 7:03 pm

sheny wrote:All that drama about Blaine's hair was funny, but Kurt has already seen Blaine without his hair gelled down. The writers obviously forgot about this. Anyone remember this number from episode 6 "Mash Off", with both Kurt and Blaine in it?

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr12

Won't all that hair gel damage Darren's hair? Blaine's hair looked better in season 2.

Glorfindel wrote:
And this time:

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Glee214img12

dryy What?! So if he has been seen before ungelled why was the drama??? It was because the whole school was gonna seen him with his natural hair?

@Marie, you're not bad Kurtsie for think that Puck and Sam are sweet because despite you think that, Kurt is always in the first place Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 5/10/2012, 3:22 am

I think this episode was one of the worse episodes, but I don't think I hated it as much as most the people here seem to :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/10/2012, 3:28 am

i don't hate this episode. just find it boring.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/10/2012, 7:55 am

Nice, long and analytic post, Heyerchick neutre . If the Prom-a-saurus episode had been a less boring and mind-numbing one, I might find it in myself to write more about my thoughts on it. As things are, I'd rather spend that time watching Downton Abbey while waiting for next week's 'Props' episode.

Heyerchick wrote:
The Unholy Trinity were so deeply unpleasant and unlikeable for most of this episode, I wish someone had punched each of them at varying points in the narrative. The crown goes to Brittany S. Pierce, possessor of untouchable, teflon-coated narrative privilege for sheer stupidity and whimsical cruelty. She can't be held accountable for her actions because she's not real. The metric tonne of meta-mockery Ryan Murphy unloaded through her - up to and including that chunk of the season where Brittany's actor was DOA in various choir room scenes - kind of made me queasy. Even though Quinn was back on the crazy pills in this episode, Brittany has trumped her in awfulness. A chicken factory in Indiana seems about that character's speed. If she never opens her mouth again, it will be too soon for me.

'Whimsical cruelty' is correct. I never forgave Brittany for running against Kurt in the senior presidency campaign on a mere whim. What's worse is that the recent episode confirmed to us that Brittany never did anything worthwhile with her president status until Figgins forced her to organize prom; and she had most probably even forgotten that she was elected in the first place. This candidate was the stiff competition that Kurt lost to in the end?

Not to mention what Brittany did to Santana with the sex-video debacle.

And Brittany's 'You're bullying me if you-- (1) hint that my mental age is lower than that of an 8 year old's even though it's absolutely true and (2) call my dumb ideas dumb even though it's absolutely true' stance makes me dislike the character so, so much.

fantastica wrote:Prom gets decent reviews and rating is up. Further proof that I am the wrong one for watching this show. Tbh I much prefer the Xmas episode which gets crucified even though the silly factor is about the same.

Oh, great. Just what Ryan Murphy needs. Another booster shot to his ego. I was expecting the reviewers to tear this episode to shreds, but was surprised that it even got some good reviews. I suppose it being a non-tribute episode without blatant PSA made it seem positive to some viewers.

Last edited by Delight on 5/10/2012, 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/10/2012, 8:03 am

I just want to add something about the Glee writers besides the obvious fact that they can't remember what happened the previous episodes.
It's about Puck's test in European geography. I know this is old but i still feel the need to write it. One of the questions in the test was "Which is the capital of The Austro-Hungarian Empire?" As far as I know the empire doesn't exist since the end of the First World War (1918).

So may question is: Is this a geography or a history question? If it is a geography question, then the Glee writers have some serious problems with World or at least European History.

I know this may sound stupid. Sorry neutre

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/10/2012, 8:18 am

It's not stupid at all. I'm European ( I actually live in the part of Serbia that was once part of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy) and that was a pure history question, not to mention a very unimportant one at that. And yes, that country doesn't exist for 94 years now. Big fail unless it was a wink-wink joke.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/10/2012, 8:41 am

tanita_mors wrote:It's not stupid at all. I'm European ( I actually live in the part of Serbia that was once part of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy) and that was a pure history question, not to mention a very unimportant one at that. And yes, that country doesn't exist for 94 years now. Big fail unless it was a wink-wink joke.

Thank you.
I'm from Europe too. I don't want to offend anybody but i've got the impression that students in America don't know a lot about other countries. A few months ago i watched interview with Cory Monteith. Someone asked him "Which countries he wants to visit?" or something like that I don't remember and he said Yugoslavia. He can visit Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia or Slovenia, but not Yugoslavia. I hope he knows that it doesn't exist anymore.

Last year I wrote a thesis about the integration of the Western Balkan countries in EU and did some research. Now I will stop with this. Don't want to be annoying.

Can't wait to see next week's episode.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/10/2012, 9:31 am

sheny wrote:
tanita_mors wrote:It's not stupid at all. I'm European ( I actually live in the part of Serbia that was once part of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy) and that was a pure history question, not to mention a very unimportant one at that. And yes, that country doesn't exist for 94 years now. Big fail unless it was a wink-wink joke.

Thank you.
I'm from Europe too. I don't want to offend anybody but i've got the impression that students in America don't know a lot about other countries. A few months ago i watched interview with Cory Monteith. Someone asked him "Which countries he wants to visit?" or something like that I don't remember and he said Yugoslavia. He can visit Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia or Slovenia, but not Yugoslavia. I hope he knows that it doesn't exist anymore.

Last year I wrote a thesis about the integration of the Western Balkan countries in EU and did some research. Now I will stop with this. Don't want to be annoying.

Can't wait to see next week's episode.
OT rant :

You forgot Croatia.

And I don't want to come out rather nationalistic, but as any patriotic Serb will tell you, Kosovo is not a country. It doesn't make it a country just because USA needs it to monitor Russia and to control the Balkans. I'm not into politics really (we had presidential and parliament elections just last weekend BTW), but I guess I'm a left winger myself by my opinions and belifes, but that is one topic that I'm with the right wing members of of our political parties. I wonder how US citizens would feel if suddenly New Mexico or California declared independence because most of the people there aren't true Americans, but have different cultural heritage. And Kosovo getting independence isn't the same as Croatia, Montenegro or Macedonia. Those were counties before Yugoslavia was created, while Kosovo and Metohia were always part of Serbian territory. Some of our biggest an oldest monasteries are still there (those that weren't burned or distroyed).

End of OT rant
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/10/2012, 12:12 pm

Thank u guys for a great history/geography lesson. Its more interesting than the show! I think education is a big weakness in the US. I came to this country during HS and honestly the only thing I really learned was English and American history! What they teach in physics is a lot easier than what I learned in middle school in China and its not even a required course! I don't think my hs offered geography class of any kind.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/10/2012, 12:55 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
OT rant :

You forgot Croatia.

And I don't want to come out rather nationalistic, but as any patriotic Serb will tell you, Kosovo is not a country. It doesn't make it a country just because USA needs it to monitor Russia and to control the Balkans. I'm not into politics really (we had presidential and parliament elections just last weekend BTW), but I guess I'm a left winger myself by my opinions and belifes, but that is one topic that I'm with the right wing members of of our political parties. I wonder how US citizens would feel if suddenly New Mexico or California declared independence because most of the people there aren't true Americans, but have different cultural heritage. And Kosovo getting independence isn't the same as Croatia, Montenegro or Macedonia. Those were counties before Yugoslavia was created, while Kosovo and Metohia were always part of Serbian territory. Some of our biggest an oldest monasteries are still there (those that weren't burned or distroyed).

End of OT rant

I posted something 5 minutes ago, but not sure what happened it disappeared.
I missed Croatia, the one I actually wrote the most in my thesis. My memory is awful lately.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/10/2012, 1:10 pm

then the Glee writers have some serious problems with World or at least European History.

Born and raised American, i have no qualms in admitting that world geography and history is a glaring American weakness as far as our school system.

Though I need to point out that Cory Monteith is the product of the Canadian school system.. Razz (Ok, he has an excuse, he never finished high school)

The following is not an excuse nor a rationalization but just to try to explain perceptions as I see them:
Part of it is that Americans feel separate from the rest of the world. We share long borders with two other countries, Canada and Mexico and oceans separate us from both Asia and Europe and Africa. Plus so much of cultural and popular entertainment is "American-centic so it's very easy to fall into the trap that the world really is that way. There is no *need* to learn other languages, and it's not as if after a couple of hours of driving in your car you are suddenly in another country. (and Canada with it's english speaking base it is sort of an "inside joke" as to how foreign Canada truly and if going there constitutes going to another country) When I go to Europe I always get blown away how in a few hours by car or train you're in another country with a different language/customs/culture/food/ etc etc. Other countries, right or wrong, are bombarded with American cultural exports and can't help but not ignore the gorilla in the room. American kids have the luxury of trying to pretend that the rest of the world doesn't exist nor impacts them. It's not a healthy way of looking at the world to say the least.

So talking about world geography to high school students in the States is so outside their vision that it borders on denial the lack of knowledge at times. Kids memorize the "facts" for a test or exam but it has no mental resonance with them. The other 49 states has more impact to Americans (and even then) World Geography is *taught* though... Razz

Last edited by Buenos on 5/10/2012, 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/10/2012, 1:20 pm

fantastica wrote:Thank u guys for a great history/geography lesson. Its more interesting than the show! I think education is a big weakness in the US. I came to this country during HS and honestly the only thing I really learned was English and American history! What they teach in physics is a lot easier than what I learned in middle school in China and its not even a required course! I don't think my hs offered geography class of any kind.
I always found that fascinating. That you could pic the classes you want. There is no choice in our high schools (unless they are a profession oriented right of the bat - for nurses, administrative workers and legal aids, cosmeticians,...). For example I had the fallowing in my third year of high school (Serbian, Russian, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, History, Gym class, Music history, Art history, Psychology, Logic, Computer Studies, Biology). In first and second year I had Latin as well. In Forth we loss chemistry, geography and biology, but get sociology and civic rights.

For example - Geography : first year - historic periods of the Earth's existence, the way certain geological formations are created (rivers, mountains, vulcanos, fjords,....). Second year is world geography - all the continents, the countries and their capitols, largest rivers and tallest mountain tops and such. The the third year is the detailed geography of Europe and Serbia.

The only thing you can pick if you want is Religious studies aka Veronauka. Everything else is mandatory.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/10/2012, 1:34 pm

In my HS we could choose only the foreign language we want to study: English, German, Italian and Russian. The fact that students can choose is the reason I kind of like the US education system, I really hated Maths and Chemistry.

Last edited by sheny on 5/10/2012, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 5/10/2012, 1:36 pm

Finally could be bothered to watch Prom-a-saurus today. I'm not well so feel a bit emotional but, when I end an episode with angry tears, it ain't good. In advance, I would like to say all this is one giant opinion and I totally acknowledge and respect that others will perceive things differently.

Congrats, Ryan! You managed to make me want to punch quite a few characters and have people *vying* for the honour of being the person I detest most. Truly vile episode.

Let's get the good out of the way.

1) Puck was very sweet. I loved his interaction with Becky. Lovely.

2) They continue writing Sue better. Her, "That's the attitude!' was the first thing (and one of the only things) to make me smile.

3) "Smile and breathe".

4) Chris continuing to take my breath away (haha) with the subtlety of his face:

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m3qhy77Kcj1qfoe0po1_500
3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m3qhy77Kcj1qfoe0po2_500
3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m3qlhxkqKg1qfoe0po1_500

5) Sam picking up Artie.

6) Kurt's cute desire to make clothes out of curtains like in The Sound of Music (honestly, I'd have rather watched that).

7) Mike's enthusiasm for triceratops and Tina dancing with him and never wanting the year to end. Sweet.

8) Dear god. This.

3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 Tumblr_m3qkspQDCr1qgfb58o1_250

Apart from those essentials, this was awful for me. I had actually begun to like Quinn a bit after hating her before. She had finally reached a point where she wanted to be independent and knew she wanted more than popularity and status. So, what do they do? Totally reset her and have her back to being a selfish, nasty, manipulative popularity chaser who wants a crown to validate herself and uses her accident to get what she wants from people. Whilst he shouldn't have raged at her publicly and tried to pull her out of her wheelchair, I was with Finn when he said she was super-creepy and also when he raged at her in private (that doesn't mean he shouldn't be held to account for his faults too though). She was vile in this episode and actually I thought they missed a trick. Instead of Finn, they should have had Artie discovering her and have him chew her out because, god, she was an insult to people who do show true bravery after dreadful accidents and learn though bitterness, struggle and pain to *live*, not feed off others and show the usual entitled, privileged crap we usually get from her. Honestly, when she won and winsomely 'discovered' again that it didn't make her feel what she wanted so decided to off-load the crown oh, so magnanimously on Rachel, I was shouting at the screen. The little smile as she saw her work made me want to punch her. To me, she shows the same entitlement and privilege for which Finn gets raged at but with much fewer good intentions. Whilst I love Dianna, the sooner Quinn is off my screen, the better. When she stood up, I should have been cheering and thinking it is wonderful that a girl, who thought she might never walk again, had battled her way through. I actually was screaming at the screen, "Oh, great! You get the applause you wanted anyway, you nasty piece of work!" Good work, show.

Santana wasn't great either. That speech to Rachel made me wish that Kurt was allowed to tear into *her* some time. Yeah, love, like you wouldn't feel able to dump prom with insults abounding if you felt like it or weren't in the mood, if your girlfriend who you slavishly salivate over hadn't suggested the theme. I wish they'd stop with her using fem insults too. If they aren't going to let Kurt rip back at her, it just makes her sound an effemiphobic bitch. They are managing to get the tone right with Sue these days. They need to revise Santana too if she is now supposed to be 'friends' with the Glee club members. Her scene with Quinn sounded patronising and ugly. "I'm not getting exactly what I want even though I have all through my school life so I'll deign to trick the unpopular girl into thinking she won. Oh, and I'll smile adoringly just for the shippers even though I'll be ripping into her again next week." Ugh.

Lastly, Brittany. I used to be indifferent. Now I detest her. And it wasn't Blaine before any one thinks the Hair Gel Angst made me angst. It was, firstly, the metric ton of badly constructed meta garbage that they had her spout... badly. Can someone please teach Heather to enunciate? However, mostly, it was that prom committee scene. She stands there Queen Bee-ing it over these poor kids who have worked hard for months to work out a prom theme, and accuses *them* of bullying when they think her idea stupid? They turn up at meetings and work hard and *she* gets the title and has the nerve to call it a good meeting and patronise them? She fires them even though they have actually done everything *she* was supposed to do? I mean, maybe I am stereotyping but I looked at those kids and, to my mind, they weren't the social elite or the popular kids or entitled brats. They were just hard-working kids getting involved in school activities. Um... the very kids Glee was supposed to be for. And we're supposed to root for the stupid, brattish cheerleader who *never* gets called out on anything she does? And, to add insult to injury, she wasn't even funny... at all. If I never hear her say another word, it will be too soon. If they must keep her, I hope she is silent and just dances.

Now, for the people I wanted to shake rather than punch. Firstly, as I said, I understood Finn's indignation. I think he genuinely wanted to help Quinn because of her accident. I think he genuinely was morally outraged and I think many people would join him so... fair game. But, dude, don't soft soap your girlfriend and make her think you came back for her rather than telling the truth. And, for god's sake, understand her. Tell her that you know that she can still show her mettle and get out there and make her dream come true, even without NYADA, rather than propping her up with a shallow (and false) show of 'popularity' that you were supposed to be growing out of, let alone thinking was enough for your girlfriend.

Secondly, Rachel. Who was that self-pitying girl? Yes, they all go through moments of it. Kurt certainly has. However, at least they allow most of them to show strength afterwards. Don't get me wrong, Lea acted the hell out of it but, god, *why* do we have Rachel Berry saying small dreams were enough for her and then thinking PQ was a great thing?!!! Why do I think that will never be shown to be not 'her' and yet she'll still win out? And, most awfully, what was that dreadful, abasing grovelling speech to Quinn? Why the hell do so many people, who hate Rachel grovelling to Finn, love her grovelling to Quinn just because of Quinn's gender? It is just as deeply dysfunctional and disturbing. In fact, more so. Awful.

All in all I hated this episode. There were not nearly enough good moments to outweigh the bad. The hair gel plot was harmless enough, if stupid. However, generally all the major plot points made me violent and I am *not* a violent person. Thanks, Ryan.
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 5/10/2012, 1:37 pm

Well, we couldn't really chose. You continue what you learned in primary school. Serbian and English are mandatory, while you chose between Russian, German and French for the third language depending on what you learned before. I had Russian since third grade in primary school (English since fifth) so that was that.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/10/2012, 6:00 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Finally could be bothered to watch Prom-a-saurus today. I'm not well so feel a bit emotional but, when I end an episode with angry tears, it ain't good. In advance, I would like to say all this is one giant opinion and I totally acknowledge and respect that others will perceive things differently.

Congrats, Ryan! You managed to make me want to punch quite a few characters and have people *vying* for the honour of being the person I detest most. Truly vile episode.
(---)
All in all I hated this episode. There were not nearly enough good moments to outweigh the bad. The hair gel plot was harmless enough, if stupid. However, generally all the major plot points made me violent and I am *not* a violent person. Thanks, Ryan.
rooots (the entire post, but I just copied the beginning and the end).
I think you said about everything I was fuming about too in this episode.

Some characters were awefully written in 'Prom-a-Saurus', especially Brittany, Santana and Quinn. And the Faberry scene was horrible.

The saving graces in this episode imo, were Puck, Tike, Kurt, Sam and Sue, and even a little Wemma. And most of them were in the background. dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/10/2012, 9:59 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
rooots (the entire post, but I just copied the beginning and the end).
I think you said about everything I was fuming about too in this episode.

Some characters were awefully written in 'Prom-a-Saurus', especially Brittany, Santana and Quinn. And the Faberry scene was horrible.

The saving graces in this episode imo, were Puck, Tike, Kurt, Sam and Sue, and even a little Wemma. And most of them were in the background. dryy

How irony that all of my favorites in the episode were in the background Evil or Very Mad You know what Santana saying what she said to Rachel was expected from her and Finn trying to help but don't know how to do it the best way so instead he's forcing Quinn to stand up also was expected ,but Brittany and Quinn. The first one is started to be annoyed for me, I mean she's saying to Kurt "Please don't bully the new kid" but at the beginning of the episode she's being rude with the commitee and acting like a little girl that people has to do what she wants only because she's the president, I'm sorry but that how acts someone bossy and by other side I was glad Quinn had became into a mature and independent girl but suddenly creepy and manipulative Quinn is back again dryy So again the writers are being inconsistent with their characters, it seems they're making us to hate some of them.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/10/2012, 10:26 pm

I finally watched this episode.

The best thing about it besides the Kurt scenes, Big Girls Don't Cry was Hummelberry. This is a first for a change, that Kurt's lines weren't cut out, Chris and Lea sounded beautiful together, and Darren was good on the harmonies, it was just what I wanted. 3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 650269930

This is the version I want. I hope someone can put this up on tumblr. It is so much better than the one they put out. Looks like our tweeting did have some affect with Brad and the others. 3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 650269930

I could hardly understand what Brittney was saying, same with Becky (who the hell directed this?).

Blaine hair gel story was silly, but at least it gave us the Borat line. 3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 3429310274

Chris can really draw focus. Him, Jane and Mark made this episode more enjoyable. The rest I hated.

He distracted me when he lifted his legs up on the bed, that I missed what was being said. Not that I really care. 3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 2652883923 3x19 "Prom-asaurus" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 6 3429310274

It just made me realise how much this show needs Chris.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Dame Loli 5/10/2012, 11:37 pm

I just finally realized why Rachel annoyed me so much this episode and why I couldn't stomach the PQ stuff despite my love for somewhat sappy stuff from time to time.

Just like we were harping about Blaine some episodes ago, Rachel has seized to be the underdog she was in season one. She has the talent, the boyfriend, the friends, the spotlights and we all know she will get into NYADA because she's Rachel Berry.

What made her an underdog in season one for me was her lack of social skills that set her apart from the rest of the glee club. I know her friendless persona was mostly due to a cut-throat and abrasive personality, but it worked for me because she had those endearing moment.

But now, RIB want me to stomach the fact that people were crying of happiness because she had been elected PQ. Please!!! There's a saying in Quebec that works particularly well for this instance : Pousse, mais pousse égal. (that roughly means : you can manipulate me, but don't force it)

She hasn't been an underdog since season two and all those pandering friendship (I'm judging you so hard Faberry) to fans are irritating me. I like the Hummelberry of season two, when they were still somewhat on edge but still fond of each other. Now all I see in this relationship is how Kurt had become Rachel's emotional crutch for NY, but now that she had Finn, Kurt has become her "fabulous gay friend" that will be sexless and only a prop to ensure that everyone sees the magnificence that is Rachel Freaking Berry, even herself.

Wow, that sound more like a snark and bark post, lol.
Dame Loli
Dame Loli
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

http://dameloli.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/11/2012, 12:01 am

The writing for Glee used to be for young adults, now I think it is for pre-teens. Rachel is the "princess" in the fairy tale, that is why they write her as being an underdog, but never really show it, because kids just don't understand not always winning doesn't make you a loser. They are very black and white. Adults root for the underdog who is a real underdog, which is why we love Kurt. He rarely wins, and usually even then it is overshown by something else. But that doesn't prevent Kurt from celebrating his victories.

I was annoyed by the overabundance of shipper pandering, but tell myself it is because they are not going to be actively involved in Rachel's NY storyline next year, so they have to give that audience something to chew on forever and ever. There will be new supporting people, along with Finn and Kurt in NY. This is as close to a spin off we are getting this year.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 5/11/2012, 1:41 am

I want to share something that really annoyed me in the last episode. The conversation between Rachel and Quinn. I really don’t understand why Rachel is so worried about Quinn’s opinion. First some thoughts about Kurt and Rachel.

I know a lot of people here love the Hummelberry friendship. I like I too. I love Lea and Chris’ scenes together and their duets are my favorite duets on the show. And being friends with Rachel means more screen time for Kurt because apparently she is the star. But I really don’t trust her. She already stabbed him in the back before and I’m afraid she will do it again if they ever compete about something.

In “Blame It on the Alcohol” last season she knew that Kurt is in love with Blaine, but she kissed him, she went on a date with him and even made some plans about their future children. “Who cares about you.” These were her words to Kurt. He was worried about her and didn’t want to see her hurt when Blaine realizes that he is not straight.
If my friend does to me what Rachel did I will probably never talk to her/him again.

In “Asian F” she ran against for senior class president. She knew how important this is for Kurt. But once again Rachel Berry cared only for herself. She didn’t give up even when she got the role of Maria in WSS.
Later in the season she helped him in his campaign, even tried to cheat and got suspended, but she did it for herself. Because she didn’t want to go to New York without her Best Gay, not her best friend.

And in this week’s episode that scene between Rachel and Quinn. I get angry every time I see these two are on my screen together. Their friendship is so unrealistic to me. So Rachel sees Quinn as the girl she always wanted to be, she always apologizes to her. Great Rachel Quinn is your friend, not Kurt, the boy who is always there for you.
I don’t understand why RIB pushes that Faberry friendship so much. As a way to make happy all those people who have some crazy fantasies about Rachel and Quinn together romantically.

I hope Rachel has really changed and never repeats her past mistakes. I love the Hummelberry moments and don’t want to see Kurt betrayed again.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/11/2012, 2:03 am

this show is so unrealistic I am actually rarely bothered, because I don't take it seriously. I find a lot of friendships on teh show totally unbelievable. the way one character suddenly confesses his/her admiration for someone he/she hated so much and then both become good friends is just laugheable. that's why I don't actively listen to any conversations anymore. I still don't recall when Biest got married. I don't remember a lot of details of who did what to whom and why. Aside from my fascination w/ the kurt character I pretty much watch the show like a general audience, who forgets most of the details the moment the show is over. This is the only way I can get through it. Being devoted to Kurt alone is already hard enough for me. having to make sense of everybody else will more or less kill me mentally.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/11/2012, 4:52 am

sheny wrote:
And in this week’s episode that scene between Rachel and Quinn. I get angry every time I see these two are on my screen together. Their friendship is so unrealistic to me. So Rachel sees Quinn as the girl she always wanted to be, she always apologizes to her. Great Rachel Quinn is your friend, not Kurt, the boy who is always there for you.
I don’t understand why RIB pushes that Faberry friendship so much. As a way to make happy all those people who have some crazy fantasies about Rachel and Quinn together romantically.

I hope Rachel has really changed and never repeats her past mistakes. I love the Hummelberry moments and don’t want to see Kurt betrayed again.

I think we can all agree that Rachel sometimes takes Kurt for granted (probably because she thinks that he can't survive without her, which is so NOT TRUE), and becomes a pathetic little girl when she's with Quinn ( probably because Quinn is the girl that she dreams to be vomir ). I think Kurt needs some new friends if he did pursue his dreams in NYC (maybe someone like Chandler).

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/11/2012, 12:44 pm

Great post, Georgette888 neutre

Georgette888 wrote: And we're supposed to root for the stupid, brattish cheerleader who *never* gets called out on anything she does? And, to add insult to injury, she wasn't even funny... at all. If I never hear her say another word, it will be too soon. If they must keep her, I hope she is silent and just dances.

The way the writers have used Brittany this season is terrible. You would've thought that after POG, they have learnt their lesson and would keep the character mainly in the background where in small doses and spouting short one-liners, she could remain effective. But no... We are once again subjected to yet another Brittany-centric storyline which was played for laughs but failed spectacularly at it.

I feel a little sorry for Heather, because I believe she's never put herself forward as a good actress or singer. She came onto Glee mainly because she was hired to teach Chris the 'Single Ladies' dance. I don't think she's even comfortable with doing dance numbers in skimpy clothing (as her reaction to the Glee concert movie would attest); but she's been made to do it repeatedly on the show. Then Brittany became popular with the audience, and the writers started pandering to fan requests for more of this character; and that is when things took a turn for the worse. It's no coincidence that the two episodes which featured Brittany heavily this season were two of the weakest. If they've used Brittany sparingly, she would've still remained like-able and funny.

fantastica wrote:this show is so unrealistic I am actually rarely bothered, because I don't take it seriously. I find a lot of friendships on teh show totally unbelievable. the way one character suddenly confesses his/her admiration for someone he/she hated so much and then both become good friends is just laugheable.

The writers were really pushing the Pezberry and Faberry friendships down our throats these past few episodes. I wouldn't mind it half as much if not for the fact that the writers have destroyed part of Rachel's characterization to bring these friendships about.

And yes, out of all the enemies-turned-friends that Rachel has, I think her history with Kurt was the one that was most rocky. The meanest thing Kurt had done to Rachel was probably the hooker makeover all the way back in season 1; whereas Rachel had scoffed at Kurt's hopeless crush on Finn, attempted to muscle in on Blaine in BIOTA and also back-stabbed Kurt during the senior presidency elections. Despite all this history, Kurt's loyalty to Rachel was the staunchest of the lot.

Now Santana had never been nice to Rachel, and we got Rachel going all 'let's be friends!' with her after a duet in the choir room. As for Quinn, I suppose Rachel did spill the beans about Puck being the father of the baby to Finn, and that was about the only mean thing (that I could think of) that she had done to Quinn. The rest of the time, Rachel was, as the latest episode would have us believe, admiring Quinn from afar and craving for Quinn's friendship to the extent that their friendship was considered her best achievement in high school.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next