Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

+15
Glorfindel
Shinra17
CloveGlee
Emile
Delight
tanita_mors
arina
ColferGirl
kac
paulopf
brisallie
fantastica
sahhar
mellama
Jellyrolls
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferGirl 4/18/2012, 12:07 am

I actually liked the episode. Didn't love it, but I liked it more than last week because I like Finn, Mercedes, and Santana and I care about them (though not even a 1000th of how much I love Kurt), but I was interested in knowing where they were going to end up/wanted to do with their lives. neutre I liked how the episode actually wasn't filler, and moved along the senior plotlines.

I'm glad Finn knows for sure now that he wants to go to New York with Rachel, not just for her but for himself too. (My dream of Hummelberry + Finn sharing a New York apartment might still become a reality! Smile ) I'm glad that worked out perfectly for them both, where they both get to pursue their dreams, and be happy in love together. The Sam and Mercedes scene was sweet as well, and so was Brittany finding a university and a scholarship that was perfect for Santana. (And I loved the scenes of Lord Tubbington doing the household chores! Razz)

But I've seen lots of people online already who are ticked off that Rachel was willing to give up New York and her dreams entirely for Finn, and are upset that Mercedes and Santana needed their loved ones to "show them the way" instead of being able to figure it out for themselves. I didn't think of that while watching the show live, but I can understand why that would upset people....

Though, now I'm more confused than ever how season 4 is going to work. Mercedes and Puck are going to Los Angeles, Santana to Kentucky, Quinn to Yale, Mike and Brittany to who knows where (if poor Brittany even graduates), and Kurt, Rachel, and Finn will all be in New York. I don't see how a split narrative can work anymore with all the seniors scattered across the United States like this. Well, unless all of them except for Kurt, Rachel, and Finn are no longer regulars on the show, and just occasional guest stars who pop in and visit them. But I honestly have no idea.

I liked what little we got to see of Kurt. I loved how excited he got over the thought of having the white Travolta suit, and the happy gleam in his eye when Sue pulled out those high heels and he asked where she bought them. Razz He's so cute!

I can already tell his haters are going to spit venom over him not being "supportive enough" of Wade. (Some might also say it was out of character) Personally, I like when Kurt is shown as not perfect. He's still young, he's allowed to make mistakes, or show fear. There's still things for him to learn and understand better as life goes on, like all people. Heck, no matter what age you are, you still make mistakes and continue learning day by day, so. *shrugs* What's important is that Mercedes and Kurt were cheering him on when it mattered. neutre (It's a shame that they barely used Jesse St. James this episode though)

I didn't care much for the songs, but I'm a 90s kid, I was born after the disco generation so I didn't know a single one of those songs but Staying Alive. That, and I'm bitter over Kurt not getting a solo on any of them, and Blaine getting an extremely pointless solo in the opening of the episode, so (But I did really like Mercedes on Disco Inferno and Wade on Boogie Shoes). The Staying Alive performance was fun, too, and Chris looked very nice in the white suit. fanny2

Last edited by ColferGirl on 4/18/2012, 1:18 am; edited 5 times in total
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  sahhar 4/18/2012, 12:11 am

The only reason I must have enjoyed the musical numbers is because I love Saturday Night Fever. Other than that the lack of Kurt just upset me so much, especially since the the freakin episode OPENED with Blaine singing for no apparent reason whatsoever.

The dancing was great, Zach Woodlee does a great job in all the numbers. The acting from Naya, Cory and Amber impressed me a lot. The musical numbers kept the episode going mostly.

All the Kurt scenes (whatever little he had), we're great as usual. It was nice seeing him with Mercedes rather than Rachel for a change, but his storyline was so pointless. I mean when will we ever see Wade's character again? (I liked Wade by the way). Everytime a musical number popped up I kept thinking god Chris's voice would have suited this so much, even though I didn't want to think that way. The only time they showed him lip syncing a bit was in More Than A Woman, which he sings to Blaine (they both singing to each other that they're more than a women to me, go figure, oh Glee).

Gosh I was so happy to see Jonathan Groff a.k.a Jesse, but I was so disappointed at his lack of screen time. What a waste of the Groff. That was barely even a cameo appearance, let alone anything else Rolling Eyes .

To sum up, I still can't stand Blarren, I loved the dancing, I loved Chris/Kurt but his role in Wade's storyline had nothing meaty in it for him to perform or do anything for that matter, Chris/Kurt should have sung solos in this episode, Amber, Naya and Cory are good actors, Jonathan/Jesse was wasted. So, yeah, I love Saturday Night Fever, so I sat through Saturday Night Gleever.

P.S - I'm 23 so Saturday Night Fever was not my generation. My dad and older cousins introduced it to me though, that's why I know it so well and am such a big fan Smile

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/18/2012, 12:13 am

Uhhhhhh, I edited my recap but it somehow ended up posted again blinkk .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/18/2012, 12:45 am

have some kurt:

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nlw1N0wc1qg1krko3_250 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nlw1N0wc1qg1krko1_250
3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nlw1N0wc1qg1krko4_250 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nlw1N0wc1qg1krko2_250
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/18/2012, 12:50 am

fantastica wrote:have some kurt:

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nlw1N0wc1qg1krko3_250 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nlw1N0wc1qg1krko1_250
3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nlw1N0wc1qg1krko4_250 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nlw1N0wc1qg1krko2_250

The things he does even with the smallest of screentime. You can easily miss his subtle moments. That's why I love people who make gifs, and Tumblr rooots .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/18/2012, 1:02 am

just watched hte "more than a woman" and listened carefully. chris is definitely singing "more than a woman" chorus. it's the only song I can hear him sing in this episode.

here's the link to the video of this song: on tumblr

now that I know he's singing something I think I like this episode more now. Razz
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/18/2012, 1:24 am

this is when kurt sings " you are more than a woman to me..." Razz

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nins9lns1qfcdl6o1_500

and here's kurt doing the cartwheel:

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nlecTbal1qgfb58o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/18/2012, 1:31 am

couple of thoughts about the fate of hte graduates:

Finn - the last time Finn was an actor (in xmas episode), he was horrible (we r talking about finn, not cory). also, he never mentioned about being an actor. why all of a sudden? oh so he can go to NY w/ Rachel!

Santana - in the begining of hte season she said she wanted to do show choir or something but now she all of a sudden has no ambition? thanks to Britt she is going to a school w/ a cheer leading scholarship. Hmmm, I wonder if Naya is coming back next season or not.

Mercedes - did I miss something? @colfergirl, why did you think she is going to california? I need to rewatch. and Marie thinks she is going to NY, but I can't tell. she is going to be a singer alright, but where? Is Amber still negotiating for S4?

My theory about S4: if the split narative stands, only those go to NY will return as regulars. if everybody is scattered all over the place, then everybody will act like guest stars (even if their billing is regular) and return from time to time to visit.

Last edited by fantastica on 4/18/2012, 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/18/2012, 2:12 am

I still have to watch this episode properly, since my live stream kept jumping. Anyway! As I've said before, I really don't care about anything in this show, but Kurt. It bores me to tears. Blaine's first song was terrible. Can't stand his dancing, can't stand his attitude and can't stand his face. I didn't use to be so bitter about him, honestly, I'm the spawn of overexposure. Kurt was great, as usual, though I don't think he should be giving anyone love advice, considering his own choices. I feel nothing but irritation for Rachel, but if she wants to go to New York and never speak to Finn again, that's the best for her. Same with Finn. If he wants to go to LA and become an actor, or if he wants to stay in Lima, which is not a bad thing and never spare Rachel a thought again, that's the best for him.
Kurt's story line... I liked it. He tried to do the good thing, then he got tempted and made a mistake, but tried to correct said mistake. As I also already expressed, when I was still raging, I'm sick and tired of characters and fandom always expecting Kurt "of all people" to understand this and that. He didn't even say anything hateful or hurtful to Wade, just shared his concern based on his own experiences: it didn't really benefit him to sing "I'm the Greatest Star", even if it was a great performance. But, yeah, I'm sure when I start patrolling tumblr and lurking at other places, some people would be asking for his head and call him phobic.
Chris Colfer is extraordinaire. His reactions are always spot on. He keeps telling the audience Kurt's story, no matter how little on screen time he gets. For instance, his reaction when Sam approached him and Mercedes.
Oh. Sue Sylvester irritates me. Schuester keeps being useless. Finn can stop with all his drama and people can stop already telling him how talented and awesome he is. What? Is he Blaine 2? To be honest, that procedure Glee is so fond of infuriates me. Even in Furt, when it was done for my prince Kurt during the wedding, it made me cringe.
What else? I loved to see him dancing. So sexy. Wanna grab him and dip him, shoo hobbit.
That's it. I can't wait next week for the "I don't want you to go" scene. I'm already in tears just from mere speculation.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/18/2012, 2:17 am

this is how i will watch the next episode:

blah blah blah Kurt! blah blah blah Kurt sings! blah blah blah Kurt again! blah blah blah kurt sings again! blah

and I will be very happy. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/18/2012, 3:57 am

This was for me one of the weakest episode regarding music for me, Disco really is not my cup of tea. Although I think Alex's performance was GREAT! And I would love to see more of Jessie.

I love Kurcedes, so I was glad to finally see scenes of them together, I care about Finn, Mercedes and Santana so I really don't mind watching them choosing their future. But still I was kind of bored many times during the episode, I liked the previous one much better I must say. This episode there was not any really memorable scene for me...

Now I am really looking to the next one where it seems that Kurt finally gets more screentime (and songs). bounce
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/18/2012, 6:35 am

This episode was kind of meh! to me. Not really bad, but not really good either. All the numbers were more or less fun except the ones Rachel and Santana did - boring as hell.

I prefer Wade as Unique - he has more charisma and is clearly more conferable that way and his number was outstanding. Now that was Vocal Adrenalin to fear from. The reason I think Kurt wasn't completely supportive is because he knows what might happen to Wade if he makes those kind of waves and maybe he fears the Wade couldn't handle the rejection and bullying the way Kurt did. Not everyone is strong-willed like that.

Finn as an actor - well, he doesn't have the talent, but as we all know talent isn't everything. IMO talent is 10 % of any success, the rest is hard work and dedication and luck. If he really wants it, I could see it happening. Also, I don't think Rachel was ready to forget about NY because of Finn, I think she was giving him an opportunity fro the first time to make his own choice and we all saw how relived she was when he said NY.

Mercedes- that was a no-brainier really. Say what you will about Mercedes or Amber, but the girl has unbelievable pipes and music is the only way to go. Santana "the fame whore" - I'm glad she got burned, but I seriously doubt she is heading to Louisville or wherever Sue is sending her.

Chris really looked great in the episode and disco looks good on him.
Also, yay! for Emma finally doing some guidance - it's been a while.

That is all for now, more will probably come later, but it wasn't an all that thought provoking episode.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/18/2012, 6:52 am

(I've cross-posted this on GF, though I'm apprehensive that my post may get deleted there because of my Blaine comments)

I'm still bitter about the lack of Kurt singing in the SNG episode, so please excuse my upcoming 'downer' comments. I'm sure when I have more time to process the episode further, I'll find more positive stuff to comment on.

The one thing that doesn't change, no matter how underwhelming a Glee episode is: I like all the Kurt scenes and could care less about the ones without him in it.

This is more a running commentary than an actual summary of what my thoughts about the episode are.

Blaine sings for NO REASON at the beginning of the episode. Yay. (I'm tempted to elaborate on this point in the S&B thread... but I can't find the energy to care anymore)

Flashback scene with the terrible orange costumes reared its head. The deleted scene from the original pilot sees the light of day at last.

The small heads on the wooden figurines that Mr Schuester was playing with were cut-outs from the Glee cast photos on the covers of season 2 DVDs.

Jesse St james had changed his tune; wasn't his previous advice about building a performance around a lead singer? And now it's no longer the case?

Regarding Wade: I'm getting Boston Legal flashbacks- Black guy cross-dressing and adopting a different personality. Yeah.... The guy from Boston Legal did it better though.

They actually dropped the 'lovechild of Mercedes and Kurt' line by Ryan Murphy?? Nice... NOT.

I'm nit-picking here but... Blaine makes an entrance into the choir room flanked by two Cheerios. Wut? Just make him bi already, show.

Is it just me or are the deliberately funny scenes in this episode really not that funny at all?

Cute of Sam to be filming Mercedes on his iphone. Saw that 'I'm going to post this on youtube' scheme a mile away.

Mercedes can't pursue her dreams because her dad is a dentist? Do dentists get paid peanuts in the US? Just curious.

Funny Puck's line- 'two dudes in one bed is, like, confirmed gay'.

Still don't like Santana insulting people left, right and centre after her solo. Tina's reaction shot (lip-licking) to Santana's line about Pianoman having a petite-something-Asian locked up in a trunk beneath his bed was just odd.

Ooh. Emma Pillsbury is now doing her job properly. Options (to Finn)! So it wasn't just NYADA or bust, afterall.

Brittany releasing a sex tape?? Okay Santana, I think that's a cue for you to deliver another slap that is heard around the world.

I can only hear Kurt in the chorus of 'More than a woman'. Yay.

ITAS-- whoa... Considering that it wasn't that long ago that Cory himself was in there. Is this another instance of Glee writers stealing from the actors' real lives again to write their stories?

FInchel kissed twice in this episode. Guess how many times the gay couples kissed?

Haha. Loved that Kurt did a 180 degree turn and darted away from Mercedes the second he sees Sam. You would think he's frightened of Sam, but he's just being a considerate dear and removing himself as the third wheel

Santana's turnaround at the end in Sue's office is not convincing. At all.

Everybody believes in everybody-- Sam believes in Mercedes, Will believes in Finn, Brittany believes in Santana etc. Does it make this a feel-good episode? No.

I like Cory's falsetto in Staying Alive. It's very close to the original Bee Gees sound. Last performance is the best, in my opinion.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/18/2012, 7:08 am

Okay, I just finished to watch the episode, without subtitles, so I should have to watch it again to fully understand everything but I really don't want to, because in my opinion this episode was kind of boring.
I don't know how I managed to watch it to the end. Sleep

Thanks God Blaine just got one song; his falsetto is weak and, even if the moves of You Should be Dancing were brilliant and fun, the performance was useless (yeah, I should get used to this, but still...). 3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 16iz0v4

Mr. Shue! Shocked His incompetence is disturbing and his ideas are everything except genius. I don't know why the writers hate him so much, but everytime they give him a SL is something or completely offensive for him or completely stupid. And even if I liked that he tried to motivate some of his students, this was stupid.
And the little flashbacks? They had to give a sense of continuity? Glee, don't worry, you don't have to try so hard, we don't search for continuity anymore. Rolling Eyes

The story itself (of SNF) could actually fit Finn's SL enough, but it makes no sense to me that he suddenly decided to become an actor. His problems were completely understandable, a lot of guys are lost, don't know what to do out of Highschool, or who they are supposed to be, but all of this was handle with rush (well, during the last episode there was no time...).
I didn't like that Rachel was ready to give up on her dreams so easily.
Plus, all those Finchel cheesy dialogue...Ughh. mince

I didn't like Santana's SL. I liked her song (Kurt that looks at Blaine and Blaine that is concentred only on the performance? mince ) but the sex tape's story was awful and I have the impression that everyone is deciding for her. She changed her mind quickly: before, she wanted to go to college, now she wants to be famous at any cost because Blaine's hot bother said that college is a waste of time, so the sex tape on the web. ...Since being famous is not important for builting a future, let her understand with inverse psychology by putting a sex tape online. ... arghh

I liked Mercedes, and Disco Inferno was really, really awesome!!
Seriously, she could sing the Phone Books and she will be awesome anyway. mrgreen
I'm happy that Kurtcedes is back, even if there was so little Kurt's screentime and only over the useless Wade's SL. But I have to say, even if Alex should take acting classes, he killed his performance! And was clear how he is more confortable dressing and acting in that way.

I quite liked that little we saw of Puck and I'm glad Emma is back.

Anyway, during this episode there was a serius waste of:
- J. Groff. Shocked But his reaction during Boogie Shoes were priceless.
- Chris's everything.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/18/2012, 7:38 am

Wade will make a fine woman cabaret singer some day.

Kurt and Mercedes made up at some point and are friends again.

Those are the bright spots.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/18/2012, 8:35 am

sahhar wrote:Other than that the lack of Kurt just upset me so much, especially since the the freakin episode OPENED with Blaine singing for no apparent reason whatsoever.
Ugh. I'm still in the middle of the downloading and I've already lost 50% of my motivation arghh

paulopf wrote:What else? I loved to see him dancing. So sexy. Wanna grab him and dip him, shoo hobbit.
That's it. I can't wait next week for the "I don't want you to go" scene. I'm already in tears just from mere speculation.
Laughing The convenient part of having you on this board is that I feel like I can already use your impressions as mine even before having watched the episode lol.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/18/2012, 9:54 am

paulopf wrote:
What else? I loved to see him dancing. So sexy. Wanna grab him and dip him, shoo hobbit.

You're so awesome, I love this "shoo hobbit" comment. Razz Razz Razz Well said, and made my morning. Smile

As for you wanting to be the one to get to dance with and dip Chris....you might have some competition with Shinra there. Maybe you guys can share him? fanny2

And I agree about the "I don't want you to go" scene. The moment I saw it in the preview I got a little teary, I can only imagine how I'll feel when I see it in full context next week....
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/18/2012, 9:59 am

fantastica wrote:Mercedes - did I miss something? @colfergirl, why did you think she is going to california? I need to rewatch. and Marie thinks she is going to NY, but I can't tell. she is going to be a singer alright, but where? Is Amber still negotiating for S4?

My theory about S4: if the split narative stands, only those go to NY will return as regulars. if everybody is scattered all over the place, then everybody will act like guest stars (even if their billing is regular) and return from time to time to visit.
In the preview of Wade meeting Kurtcedes, Kurt was trying to get Mercedes interested in a New York college. But in the episode Mercedes clearly said she wants to go to LA.

- I think they will have the big 3 in New York: Kurt, Rachel and Finn, with guest appearances of Quinn, who is in Yale.
- Mike might go to New York too, or he will stay near Lima to guest star, or disappear from the show.
- Santana either goes to that cheerleading school while Brittany stays in high school because she won't graduate. There are several Louisville's in the USA, one of them is a 3 hours drive away from Lima. So either Santana stays (partly) with Brittany in Lima as a guest star, or she will change plans and go to New York after all.
- Puck and Mercedes will go to LA, and I think they will be off the show, except for some guest appearances.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/18/2012, 10:03 am

My thoughts on the episode:

A tribute episode, with one surprisingly good story (Finn and college), one romantic knight saves damsel in distress story (Mercedes+Sam), one fun story (Wade/Unique+Kurtcedes), and one quite offensive one (Brittana and sextape). Yup, this is Glee.

First the music:
- This episode was clearly full of random and unnecessary songs, but I kinda liked the cheesiness of that. And in small doses disco can be fun. As a BeeGees fan I felt satisfied and not offended, so that should mean Glee did good with that.
- Finally we got another Mr. Schuester song in the choir room.
- Loved the 4 couples dance in ‘More than a Woman’.
- And the final song ‘Staying Alive’ was so much fun. Good memories of the old Glee group numbers at the end of the episode. I love them all together singing and dancing. neutre

Now the storylines in this episode.There were 3 stories about future choices:
1) Finn: he had a serious storyline, treated with respect and done well, although a bit schmaltzy (Finn seeing the light after watching SNF?!). The actors saved the written dialogue, imo. The only thing I really hated was Rachel willing to give up Broadway for Finn, again.
Who thought that Finn would want to become an actor? Very unexpected, but I think it’s a good choice for Finn next season, because Cory will be able to handle the acting involved in this education, if they plan on showing him in college. And he will be in New York with Hummelberry.
2) Mercedes: her only plan is to go to LA and get a record deal. Honey, it takes more than going to LA to achieve that, and a college education to back you up might not be a bad idea. You can pursue your record deal in the evenings and the weekends. I guess Mercedes realized she only had vague plans too, but luckily she got saved by a man. Sam put her song on youtube, gave her courage and got a kiss in return. That sounds like typical Glee.
3) Santana: that whole “I want to be famous and I don’t care how” and sextape story was insulting. I thought Santana was smarter than just wanting to be famous, no matter what. Just a few eps ago she wanted to go to college. And Finn got crap for accidentally ‘outing’ Santana, but Brittany gets nothing for uploading a sextape !?! (BTW: I thought Brittany didn’t no squat about computers).
Once again the lesbians are played as a (male) sexual fantasy, but in canon now there is a sextape of Brittana out there. And all Santana’s problems are instantly solved by twice in a full moon genius Brittany. What a stupid storyline.
I do hope Santana becomes a lawyer tho, that would be good.

The imbalance and treatment (taken serious or not) of these 3 stoylines is very visible and it’s pissing me off. Glee does not handle balance well, both in storylines as in song distribution. dryy

So: Finn, Rachel and Kurt go to New York, and Quinn will be nearby in Yale.
Puck and Mercedes will go to L.A. And I know it won’t happen, but it would be fun seeing these 2 as roommates, trying to make it in the city of angels.
Santana will probably go to Louisville, which conveniently is a 3 hours drive from Lima. So I guess that means that Brittany will not graduate this year, and Brittana will stay in Ohio together?

Small things:
- Blaine's solo was, once again, totally useless, and the only one not in any flimsy way connected to the story. And that song should have gone to Kurt. Evil or Very Mad
- I love that Will is a teacher again. I would like to see more of this Will, and hear him sing more too.
- Will deliberately picked Finn, Santana and Mercedes as the final contestants, to help them with their future plans, which I thought was a nice touch.
- I like Sue as co-captain of ND.
- Joe sounds like Kurt in his falsetto. blinkk (I still think Chris sang that line in ‘Night Fever’ tho.)
- Kurtcedes: missed them. Liked their story with Wade. I don’t know Alex from TGP and he can’t act, but this Wade guy I like. And dang, Alex can sing and perform, and what a stage presence. My face watching it: ohmy
One detail: how can Wade know about Kurt singing high, being gay and him and Mercedes being into fashion, by only going to the ND performances? Kurt never sang in his falsetto in public with ND, and they all wore the same clothes at all performances. But there’s always Facebook I guess.
- A pissed off Vocal Adrenaline drill sergeant Jesse is sexy and delicious. I’ve missed you, Jonathan. Please stick around for a while. hapitgh
- Tina looked very beautiful in this episode. She is a ray of sunshine in the choir room when she is allowed to smile and dance (and sing of course).
- Quinn wasn’t in the final dance number. She was almost invisible throughout the episode.
- O, and the theme for Nationals is ‘vintage’, okay. That’s better than ‘original songs’ or ‘current top 40 hits’. I’m carefully optimistic about that.
- They should fire M. Hodgons: he can write about as good as Finn can dance, but at least Finn improved over time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Kurt:
- Nice cartwheel. wub
- Kurt sort of had to carry the Kurtcedes and Wade storyline all by himself. How can they put one of their best actors together with 2 bad actors? Only when they interacted with Sue and Jesse did this come to life.
- Again the "You of all people should know that" accusation thrown at Kurt (Blaine in BIOTA). Just because Kurt is gay doesn't mean that he has to understand every aspect and variety of gaydom in the universe.
- Loved Kurt's advice to Rachel (when she didn't want to talk to Finn).
- Our baby looked smoking hot in his disco outfits (and so did Finn btw).
- I'm still pissed that Kurt didn't get to sing, and they even gave his line in 'Night Fever' in canon to Joe. What a waste. :angry:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/18/2012, 10:16 am

Evil smle.

Go read my recap in the recap thread here. I will write a real one later, but there were a few things I needed to get out of my system.

Fun fact: I got this one done in an hour and a half. A real recap generally takes me between four and six hours.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/18/2012, 10:31 am

CloveGlee wrote:Fun fact: I got this one done in an hour and a half. A real recap generally takes me between four and six hours.
I think Hodgsons also only spent one and a half hour writing this entire episode. moque
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/18/2012, 10:48 am

Well, it's moderately better then his first attempt although strangle enough the offensive storyline yet again was for the character played by his girlfriend. He showed more consideration for the transgender plot-line then Santana's.

And his Finn is still "oh so talented and heroic". I mean, he isn't a loser, but Finn's talent level is high school cover band material. And I'm being kind here. I don't know what his grades are like, but given that he appears dumb as a post, how will he get into collage with low school and test scores. Maybe the process for collage in the US is different then in Serbia.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/18/2012, 11:09 am

Only relevant things from last night episode :

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nol83Ft41qf9wcko2_250

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nol83Ft41qf9wcko4_250

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nk6ajlYp1qb9956o1_500

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nmadrPGi1qgfb58o1_500

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nlecTbal1qgfb58o1_500

Personal Favorite wub
3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nml2mVIg1qb9956o1_500

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nuogWWyP1qgfb58o1_250

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nuogWWyP1qgfb58o2_250
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/18/2012, 11:23 am

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nmzrEAbY1qfvij1o1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/18/2012, 12:37 pm

kurt's reaction after seeing Sam:

3x16 "Saturday Night Glee-ver" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_m2nlvqVLgz1qfvij1o1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next