Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy!

+16
sjonnepon
Struck by Lightning
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
BlueJazz
Buenos
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
Emile
CloveGlee
fantastica
Delight
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy! - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy!

Post  BlueJazz 6/6/2012, 9:42 am

Glorfindel wrote:^She has no life. tonguue

Ah, I see.

Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy! - Page 4 Cat_laughing-11948

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy! - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy!

Post  fantastica 6/6/2012, 4:10 pm

who needs a life when we have glee? glee sucks the life out of all of us.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/6/2012, 7:49 pm

fantastica wrote:who needs a life when we have glee? glee sucks the life out of all of us.

Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy! - Page 4 Ah_kurtie Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/12/2012, 4:15 pm

worst shocker E! Online's Golden Remote 2012: link

We can vote for Kurt not getting NYADA as the moment we wanted to throw our tv out. Vote and maybe comment !!!!!!
(You can keep voting)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/12/2012, 4:21 pm

Voted neutre

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/12/2012, 4:30 pm

Voted! I was shocked when Finn broke up with Rachel! phr34r
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/12/2012, 8:58 pm

ta da! voted as a good kurtsie would.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/13/2012, 5:53 am

Just a reminder: you can vote multiple times: link

I know it's not ideal this way, because multiple votes isn't representative, but at this moment I don't care: I want Kurt to win this, big time. We need to let them know this was not right. :angry:
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/23/2012, 5:40 pm

Another poll for the worst season finale. Kurtsies: vote !!!!!!
(You can only vote once, but you can leave a comment.)

GMMR TV awards: worst seasons finale
banzai
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/23/2012, 6:54 pm

done. they record your ip address so basically, only one vote per household (if all your computers are from the same router.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/24/2012, 1:51 pm

I voted for worst cliffhanger and the most disappointing season. Because it became Rachel in the spotlight and screw everything else. I still don't hate Rachel, but I found this season made me stop caring about her, stopped caring about Hummelberry. I don't look forward to her scenes, or songs, because there are so much of both. Was that their goal? Indifference?

I think just the fact that after a month that people are still commenting about the unevenness of the so called cliffhanger that people aren't just interested in Rachel and Finchel. That people want the real underdog of Glee, the real-life person with the cinderella story, to get his happy ending.

Oh yeah, for those who like Brad's comment that it isn't happy middles it's happy ending, I want to throw out why is it that is only appropriate for Kurt? He doesn't get happy anything, except sex with his boyfriend. Santana gets a wad of cash to do as she wishes, instead of being accountable. Rachel get's NYADA after stalking. Sure, they are separated from their loved ones, but it was their choice. Sure, Finn drove Rachel to the train, but he didn't tie her to the seat, she wanted to go deep down, and she did. I don't know about Santana being so willing to go to the opposite side of the country than her girlfriend, more strange writing. Finn, while he "set Rachel free" his real mission is one that is important to him, trying to redeem his father in some way. Mercedes goes to sing, Mike the ballet-which is strange, but ok, it is prestigious. Kurt, nada, nothing. He didn't get get one of his desired goals this year, he is basically exactly where he was at the beginning of the year, but with less hope. Well, we assume less hope because they didn't show squat about how he really felt.

Just kind of ranting, my brother still defends the finale. He points out that the story isn't over, and if this were Glee's last episode, than it was bad for them to leave Kurt where he was, but because it isn't we have next year. He just won't hear my point of view, because he disdains all shipper views, his is so much more clear (sarcasm alert) because he ships no one. My point of view is as above that Kurt had no successes and no progression in his story in an entire season. An important character like Kurt, showing the value and talents of an effeminate, but strong, gay young man, having less progression in his storyline than ancillary characters did. I wasn't looking for perfection, because everyone's idea of perfection is different. I was just looking for something, anything, to show that an actual season of growth occurred for Kurt. Other than Chris becoming more tall, broad and gorgeous, which even that wasn't acknowledged.

That is where my anger lies, that Kurt was put in a back seat to all the other storylines. Sure he got some, but in the end, it turned out that his stories ended up being character points for others. He had some great scenes, because Chris only does great scenes, but his character ended up being right where he started. It was like, well, we are going to deal with this person, and Kurt's time will come, just like his opportunity to solo for ND at a competition. Then at the end of the season it was like, oops, let's give him a great audition scene, to throw a bone to his fans. In the end, it won't mean a thing, but that's okay, they should be lucky we took away from someone else to give him a great scene. After all, we have next season. I also kind of think this entire season was them putting Kurt kind of on the back burner because of the lash out from season two that he had so much featured. But when Kurt was featured, he still shared the storyline. Finn had evolution of character, where this year he was pretty much just on Rachel's arm, other than his father issues.

There was too much character stagnation, for other than Rachel, this year, regarding the "main" characters. Mike had his father issues. Mercedes had her very odd love triangle, which was unresolved for whatever reason. Puck had some interesting stuff regarding father issues, that the bad ass was a little afraid of the big bad world. But Santana, Finn and Kurt just kind of were there, in lots of scenes, lots of songs (in Santana's case), but what really changed. Santana was outed, but in the end they didn't show that it changed her position in the school, she still almost won prom queen. Her queen bee status didn't change, her attitude didn't, and do we really need to give an all out bitch lots of money, to reinforce her bad behavior? Or is she just fun to right, because I got real tired of her bitchiness. She isn't witty, she is hurtful, I would not be a friend of hers, ever. So while I value the story of a gay girl on Glee, I don't care about it, also because her partner is teflon Brittnay doesn't help.

If you were to summarize the entire third season of stories that moved forward, or evolved the characters, they were sadly well-outnumbered by the amount of same people singing, and repeating the same old storylines.

Sorry to ramble on. I've been either studying for my certification boards (which I took yesterday and passed!!) or working on refinancing my house, which is now also done, for weeks now, and finally have time to really come on and spend time posting.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/24/2012, 2:38 pm

but hay, nobody on that show gets a dreamboat boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aa54

dryy dryy dryy
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 6/24/2012, 7:44 pm

Divalicious wrote: Divalicious's awesome post was here

Sorry to ramble on. I've been either studying for my certification boards (which I took yesterday and passed!!) or working on refinancing my house, which is now also done, for weeks now, and finally have time to really come on and spend time posting.

rooots Bless you and this entire post. This is one of those times where I wish our forum had the "like" button that the new Glee Forum has, since I don't have anything to add to your flawless post but just wanted to show how I love and agree with it. neutre

Also, congratulations on passing your certification boards!! That's awesome!! Smile
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/24/2012, 8:53 pm

congrats on passing your certification exam too Divalicious! sorry i missed it in the first attempt... phr34r
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/26/2012, 4:33 am

I voted for worst cliffhanger and the most disappointing season too. Thanks for letting me know that there is one other category to vote Glee in.

@Divalicious, Congratulations on passing the certification boards! (If I recall correctly, you are in nursing, yes?) It must be a greatload off your chest.

And you're welcome to ramble on as much as you like here. All the points you've made are valid. The writers have really done Kurt a great injustice the entire of season 3.

To the people with the point of view that we Kurtsies shouldn't get butt-hurt over the finale because Kurt's journey isn't over and we still have next season ('It's a tactic! A smart tactic!'); well, I just want to say that I'd like to see Rachel or anyone else's favourite get treated the same way Kurt was, and see if they can calmly accept it and say 'Oh, but there is a next season and I'm sure things will turn out fabulous for my favourite character then, so there's no reason whatsoever to get upset now'. You'd think that with 22 episodes (with so much time spent on, IMO, pointless tribute/guest star episodes) that the writers would've spared some time, and took some care, in handling the resolution of the storyline of one of the show's main characters. dryy

And from the spoilers we recently got, things are not looking up for Kurt at all...
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/26/2012, 6:25 am

Delight wrote:To the people with the point of view that we Kurtsies shouldn't get butt-hurt over the finale because Kurt's journey isn't over and we still have next season ('It's a tactic! A smart tactic!'); well, I just want to say that I'd like to see Rachel or anyone else's favourite get treated the same way Kurt was, and see if they can calmly accept it and say 'Oh, but there is a next season and I'm sure things will turn out fabulous for my favourite character then, so there's no reason whatsoever to get upset now'. You'd think that with 22 episodes (with so much time spent on, IMO, pointless tribute/guest star episodes) that the writers would've spared some time, and took some care, in handling the resolution of the storyline of one of the show's main characters. dryy

And from the spoilers we recently got, things are not looking up for Kurt at all...
banzai This.
I just left a flaming retort on the Kurt Spoilers thread on GF because people were questioning why us Kurtsies were such downers still and didn't welcome the new spoilers as Godsends from RIB Heaven.
Try imagine being in our shoes for a change. :angry:

Anyway: welcome back @Delight.
My holiday will start sunday and I'm already shaking with withdrawal symptomes thinking I might have no internet where I'm going. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/26/2012, 6:52 am

Glorfindel wrote:
banzai This.
I just left a flaming retort on the Kurt Spoilers thread on GF because people were questioning why us Kurtsies were such downers still and didn't welcome the new spoilers as Godsends from RIB Heaven.
Try imagine being in our shoes for a change. :angry:

Alas, empathy is not something that every person possess.

And we Kurtsies have very good reasons to be 'downers', seeing how sloppily most of Kurt's storylines had been handled in season 3. I've allowed myself to be optimistic about Kurt getting into NYADA after his audition, and basically got the proverbial punch in the gut for my foolishness. With my current mindset, even if positive spoilers come out, what with 'Kurt having a detour before he becomes a STAR' (yeah right; lip service is cheap and means nothing, Carmen Tibideaux Kecks), I still very much doubt that the writers would be able to repair the damage they had done to Kurt.

I haven't gotten the chance to go through the Kurt threads on GF yet. Hmm... seeing that there are now quite a few people participating and keeping the threads active, I may cut down on posting there (I have done my posting there previously mostly to keep the threads somewhat alive during the quiet times).

I still have to recover from jetlag and catch up with paperwork after my trip.

Glorfindel wrote:
My holiday will start sunday and I'm already shaking with withdrawal symptomes thinking I might have no internet where I'm going. Razz

Make the full use of the holiday break to get away from the internet and any more upsetting Glee spoilers tonguue

I hope you have a great holiday. Sounds like you will be traveling. Anywhere in particular?

I wish I have another holiday to recover from my holiday. Travel tours are exhausting! Mentally relaxing but physically demanding.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/26/2012, 8:38 am

Delight wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

Make the full use of the holiday break to get away from the internet and any more upsetting Glee spoilers tonguue

I hope you have a great holiday. Sounds like you will be traveling. Anywhere in particular?

I wish I have another holiday to recover from my holiday. Travel tours are exhausting! Mentally relaxing but physically demanding.
I'm going to the south of France, near the Spanish border and the Mediterenian (?) Sea. My family and I have a trailer (caravan ?). I plan on taking a break from Glee during my holiday, but I think know I won't be able to resist it if I have internet there. (So my husband hopes there won't be any internet available. fanny2)
And yes, travel holidays can be exhausting, but I hope you had fun and saw a lot?

Last year my family and I took the same trip, to the same place in south France. We got stranded on the 2nd day of our journey because our car broke down, and we had to return home by train the same day, with our clothes in plastic bags, leaving our trailer behind.
We came home desillusioned, the weather was bad, and I started reading the KHAT on GF to distract myself. I started posting there and bam: the Kurt Singing Voice Thread was born and I was busy for the rest of that holiday. Smile
The KHAT and the Kurtsies saved me from getting depressed because of our cancelled holiday. wub

The year before last we also missed our holiday because my husband had to be in a wheelchair for 4 months and a storm destroyed part of our house, so I hope the Gods will be willing and grant us 3 weeks of sun, sea and sand this 3rd time around.
Well, at least RIB isn't writing my family's story (although RIB might have been in charge of writing the last 2 years of it), so I have faith things will work out just fine now . tonguue

Last edited by Glorfindel on 6/26/2012, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/26/2012, 9:03 am

@ Marie : I just read your flaming retort even though I've temporarily left GF. I fully understand your pain and sorrow and I agree with every word you said:( I feel better after sleeping but I have to admit that the spoiler still kinda bugs me mince It's bad for my health but I think time will heal the wounds neutre

Speaking of the reaction of fans towards to spoiler, I have to say that I find it amusing that even Rachel's stans posted in "Kurt's spoiler" thread to contribute their opinions (which is of course very different from us Wink ). I don't get why they did that, maybe they're trying to tone down the negativity in the thread (Gee, they're just as controlling as Rachel, aren't they ?suspectt ) or they're really bored, but I certainly don't feel good after reading their posts. I don't understand why people who are dislike negativity come to those threads even when they know people in there are upset saispa I know negativity isn't good for us but do they have to stop/ruin our pity-party when we needed one? Yeah, that's the problem.

Anyway, I won't be going GF for some time since I'm trying to avoid Glee-related stuff online (I may be avoiding the spoiler thread in here soon), it's part of my plan of "Get over Glee and only focus on Chris' acting" tonguue I hope you'll still be posting there, Marie, since you're probably the loudest Kurtsie in there. But if you're tired of people asking you to "shut up", you're most welcomed here to rant and I can understand if you decide to leave. *weak smile*

Enjoy your trip, Marie Smile I hope you'll forget everything about the awful Glee over there and come back with a "fresh, new Marie" Razz If I'm not mistaken, you're going to France, right? I hope you'll post some lovely pics like Delight since France is one of the top 10 countries that I've always wanted to visit wub

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/26/2012, 9:11 am

Have a safe and fun trip Marie! This yr will be great because I'm sending u my blessing. fanny2
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/26/2012, 12:03 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
I'm going to the south of France, near the Spanish border and the Mediterenian (?) Sea. My family and I have a trailer (caravan ?). I plan on taking a break from Glee during my holiday, but I think know I won't be able to resist it if I have internet there. (So my husband hopes there won't be any internet available. fanny2)
And yes, travel holidays can be exhausting, but I hope you had fun and saw a lot?

Nice. Your holiday trip sounds fun and lovely. Take some pretty pictures when you're there and show us in the new thread at the Gathering Place (where I have posted a few photos of my China trip) neutre

Yes, it was fun doing nothing except eat, sleep and enjoying the sights of a new and different place each day. I did a lot of walking during this trip (there were more than 500 steps to climb in one of the caves I visited; and I had to do a 3.8km trek in slightly more than an hour at one point), and got rewarded with ache-y muscles. But it was good exercise.

Glorfindel wrote:
We came home desillusioned, the weather was bad, and I started reading the KHAT on GF to destract myself. I started posting there and bam: the Kurt Singing Voice Thread was born and I was busy for the rest of that holiday. Smile
The KHAT and the Kurtsies saved me from getting depressed because of our cancelled holiday. wub

Whoa... I hadn't realize you've gone through so much before your venture into the KHAT. Um, am I bad for saying that I'm kinda glad your holiday was ruined because that incident brought you to us, and gave birth to the KSV? Okay, I'm starting to sound creepy, please just ignore me ooppss

I'm really sorry to hear what your husband went through and what the storm did to your house during your second planned holiday second holiday.

Third time's the charm, right? May you get only lovely weather and have an uneventful caravan trip. neutre
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/26/2012, 1:57 pm

Thank you all for congratulations, Delight you have a great memory, yes I am a nurse, it was the Medical Surgical Certification exam I took, so now I am a CMSRN, instead of just RN.

I stay away from GF more that my brother lives on it, and as previously stated he has absolutely no understanding of my distress over Kurt's treatment. I would like to give more support to those that still go there.

I do imagine how the Rachelites would respond if she had done her full Rain on my Parade belting, and not gotten in. The meltdown would have made us look like amateurs. We had already seen how much time they would devote to Rachel's botched audition, do we really think for one moment they would entertain not seeing her reaction to not getting in?

It isn't just the failure, it is the utter lack of progression in Kurt's storyline over an entire season. Nothing changed for him except he graduated. Even characters that never got a lot of focus got some evolution and resolution. Kurt got nothing.

I'm going to throw it out there, I am 48, yep, I've been on a planet for almost half a century. I have never been a fan girl, even when the kids around me were. I didn't have crushes on Tom Cruise or some hardbody. I am more of an introspective girl. I don't fan easily, but I fan on Kurt and Chris. Because his character is strong and important, and he is portrayed by a lovely and inspirational young man. I've liked characters before, but not to the extent of Kurt. I admire Kurt. After 40 years of television watching (cartoons were my focus prior to that) I think I am allowed to care excessively about one character. I don't imagine it will happen again.

Kurt's character matters. It is easy to accept someone who passes, the individual can congratulate themselves on their open minds and move on. Kurt is effeminate, you have to accept him, which requires an actual open mind, because you have to redefine what strength is, and what is the norm. The norm should be there is no norm (or spoon, if you like the Matrix). There are no boy or girl songs, just songs and someone who sings them well enough that you feel something. Just like Kurt says, "fashion has no gender." Nor should anything else. Kurt will open minds, if the writers allow him to, because I thought my mind was opened before, but Kurt made me think and readjust what I thought.

Not that I want Glee to continue to be PSA central, but Kurt carries a unique and important story. They dropped the ball mightily last season, trying to please many, and throwing out the PSAs. They should stick with the character that will not occur again on television, or is unlikely to occur. Kurt is paving ways, perhaps there will be a fashionable, high-voiced talented young man, but will he sing, will he be a young person who will inspire others, or another Modern Family. I don't watch MF, but I do know all the characters that are gay are adults, and in a solid relationship. How about showing the young gay kids out there about the trials and tribulations they go through?

I value this character because he shows that an old dog (or cat in my case) can learn new tricks. Most television characters don't do that. The reason he teaches is because Chris makes Kurt real for us, he is that good of an actor. That is why I am not looking forward to the possibility of Wade being a recurring character, because while he brings an important story, he can't act it, and therefore it will become a farce, rather than a lesson. They should simply deal with Kurt showing an effeminate young man can make it, and make it big. That would be Glee's biggest victory, and greatest inspiration.

Cute little girls with big voices that make it big, not unusual. Inspirational to other cute little girls with talent, but it brings nothing for me. It just teaches me that girls that are cuter than me are going to do better, I kind of already know that, I've been to high school.

This is how I would write the ending show of Glee. Some years from now they show Rachel going into a theater, very excited. She is with Finn, who is also excited, all the Glee kids are there. Mr. Schue, Emma, Sue and all. All very excited. Rachel reminisces about her first Broadway play, but thinks she is actually more excited now. Kurt takes the stage, standing ovation (yeah, early, but he has fans in the audience) and we pan down. Rachel is very pregnant. She is a surrogate for Kurt (I won't name the other father for those that have distinct opinions) because she wants to see how talented a child between the two of them would be, also, they are family. It is going to take that much, right now, for me to care about Rachel again, but I can forgive a lot to anyone who would help make Kurt a parent.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/26/2012, 6:54 pm

Great post, @Divalicious.
I love your future prospect for Kurt. Razz

Yes, Kurt is an exceptional fictional character, and Chris makes him come to life. wub
I also never fangirled over anybody untill I discovered Kurt and Chris. And a lot of us are 'old' ladies here, but young at heart. tonguue

BlueJazz wrote:Enjoy your trip, Marie Smile I hope you'll forget everything about the awful Glee over there and come back with a "fresh, new Marie" Razz If I'm not mistaken, you're going to France, right? I hope you'll post some lovely pics like Delight since France is one of the top 10 countries that I've always wanted to visit wub
fantastica wrote:Have a safe and fun trip Marie! This yr will be great because I'm sending u my blessing. fanny2
Delight wrote:Nice. Your holiday trip sounds fun and lovely. Take some pretty pictures when you're there and show us in the new thread at the Gathering Place (where I have posted a few photos of my China trip) neutre
Thanks ladies. Three times will be the charm, I hope, and since I have Kim's blessing nothing can go wrong, I'm sure. fanny2
(But I'll be glad when I get there.)

Delight wrote:Whoa... I hadn't realize you've gone through so much before your venture into the KHAT. Um, am I bad for saying that I'm kinda glad your holiday was ruined because that incident brought you to us, and gave birth to the KSV? Okay, I'm starting to sound creepy, please just ignore me ooppss
Haha, I'm very glad I discovered the sacred realm of Kurtsies too. Even though the cause was sad, the KSV and talking to you all has brought me so much.
I don't know if there's a similar English expression for it, but in Dutch there is a saying that translates something like this: "Getting lucky while getting misfortune." Well, that happened last year. neutre
(Although this year I really just want an uneventful relaxing holiday.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4