Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glee Project 2

+12
valkeakuulas
Delight
brisallie
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
E-ko
BlueJazz
fantastica
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Shinra17
Jellyrolls
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Glee Project 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Glee Project 2

Post  Buenos 8/8/2012, 9:02 pm

I don't dislike Aylin and I think her singing and acting is fine.

But here is the huge problem with the Glee Project; the whole Chris Colfer inspiration. They didn't need a whole friggin season of reality format to know they wanted him on the show and he came from straight auditions like most Actors.

The idea of a "competition" to figure out who will be a good actor ala American Idol is ludicrous, a screen test reveals more the this show and you can bet they're doing those all the time. And yet even then you dont really know until you actually get the actor on the screen portraying a character. Aylin or Blake can sink the first minute the are on the show.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 8/17/2012, 11:15 am

I've recapped the finale of the Glee Project at http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/2012/08/gleeaility-glee-project-finale-recap.html.

I am a little amused. For all that this is a "inspiration" competition, in the end they realized that they had to just pick the most competent and solid of the three, the one with the fewest issues, and of course, with testicles. Hey, he's genuinely talented and handsome, he is professional and consistent, he wrote a cheesy poem in an inspired piece of strategy, and he's.... a guy. I shouldn't have been in as much suspense as I was. Now, of the three, Blake actually has the least obvious "story" and I think they are going to have to actually ponder and deliberate to figure out how to make him something other than a pale imitation of Sam, the pale imitation of Finn. But maybe... that's a good thing.

I agree that is very irritating to listen to them admit that they are basically trying to find another Chris Colfer. Chris did not win a reality show. He simply was somebody special in the right place at the right time. You cannot manufacture that, and their attempts to do that have failed terribly. I wonder if that's why they did not pick Aylin. Charlie let us know that Aylin's not really a very good actress; she would be on the show primarily to fill a niche. Well, Damian did that, and he was a failure. I think they are going to be very disappointed with Alex; Unique was an interesting cameo character, but Alex will not be able to handle being a regular. He's an absolutely terrible actor.

Blake's a good actor. They went with the most important skill. We will see what happens.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/18/2012, 5:30 am

It sounds promising that they've chosen the best actor of the lot as the winner this time. Glee really cannot afford another dud like Damian.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 8/18/2012, 6:02 am

I'm so happy that Blake won! Smile He was my favorite. I can't wait to see him on Glee.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/12/2013, 6:37 pm

Lindsay was always my favorite TGP cast member (way back from season one). I'll never know why Ryan and Glee treated her so horribly...even Niki (the vocal coach) seemed to dislike her. Surely the "diva" behavior was edited to look worse than it was for the sake of cheap drama? They cut her actual "secret" (for the "Born This Way" T-shirt) in order to make it look like she felt "fake" for vain reasons....as in "I'm too pretty to be taken seriously and everyone treats me like a trophy"....in reality, she said she felt fake because she was pretending to be okay to her friends and family while in an abusive relationship.

And Ryan cannot relate to her because he is not a teen girl. But I know there are plenty of people who would find her relatable for various reasons: the struggle to be perfect, the abusive past, the fact that she was adopted.

I don't understand why she got the short end of the stick. She can sing, she can act ("Spring Awakening"). They had gold in their hands with her, in my opinion. Samuel cannot act, Damian cannot act, even Alex (a fellow runner-up like Lindsay from season one) has more of a storyline/exposure than Lindsay ever did...and yes, he sure can sing (he's like the male Mercedes) but he cannot act, either. Therefore, they can't do anything with his character other then have him belt out high notes. Lindsay can even dance (sort of)...she had six hours to become a semi decent tap dancer, and she pulled it off.

Even a season two cast member, Ali, got to be on Glee...and she didn't even win! I'm glad that Blake won, because he can actually act. I just think they are missing out on so much goodness without Lindsay there. All she got was two episodes to sing in. She reminds me of Lea in a way, and she could've been the "new Rachel" of the high school side of the show easily. So, I wonder what happened there? Did she piss of someone behind the scenes or something?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/12/2013, 10:03 pm

I'm someone who liked Damian in first season, only because I found him a charismatic boy, but being realistic the one who should had won is Lindsay. And though at first I disliked her because of her "diva" attitude, then through the episodes she started to show a softer side and I thought she would have been the perfect rival for Rachel Berry, and also as you have pointed, she has the three skills. However, I still remember in a episode Ryan told her she was a great singer , but she didn't make him feel emotional as Lea does. So at the end, it depends on how much Ryan Murphy feel moved by your performance to take a final decision. So later, I was glad they give her two episodes because it meant she will have a chance to prove what she's able to do and who knows, maybe extend her episodes. But sadly, they decided she was a sophomore in another school.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 3/12/2013, 10:11 pm

Yeah, for whatever reason, Ryan couldn't connect to her and see her as an "underdog". But I disagree...that girl has a lot to work with. I think if they had given her the chance to play a character like Rachel...who, despite her talent has that softer side and her insecurities...I think she would've blown RIB away. Sadly, we never did see Harmony get to develp beyond a hyper version of Rachel....

I do like Marley though. I just wish we could've seen more Harmony on the show as well.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/25/2013, 12:37 pm

So, I hear that they might renew TGP after all? I hope not. I get that it keeps Glee in the public awareness during the four month summer hiatus, but the cast is already so bloated and no one can get screentime. I don't want any more new characters pulling focus from the ones I care about. Well, maybe a new girlfriend for Santana...and I want them to keep Adam, but that's it. I want Glee to focus on a very small group of characters (Kurtcheltana and Adam) in NYC and that's it. Cut the MK newbies. Even cut some of the originals, like Tina and Brittany...though, I'd love to see Artie in NYC. Part of the appeal of season one Glee was that it had a small group of characters to focus on (just six...the theatrical girl, the gay boy, the goth girl, the fierce diva, the wheelchair nerd, and the jock. Even Quinn as the popular girl was not too much.) But now? There are 16-20ish "main characters". It's just too much. NO MORE NEWBIES, RIB!!!! Mad

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/25/2013, 2:49 pm

I'dbe okay with this if they would choose a winner who can fulfill a role that was already going to be written in the show, hopefully to flesh out the New York narrative. Like Lindsay was cast as Harmony, a role that was already written.
If they do indeed move to New York next season they need more (new) characters there, just not main characters. And the GP3 winner needs to go away after their 7 promised episodes are up, or stay way in the background.

But Ryan will not be able to restrain himself and push them to the foreground again, like he did with Rory, Unique and Ryder.
And it will probably be a white male, of course. Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 4/25/2013, 4:26 pm

I actually wouldn't mind if Harmony would resurface over at NYADA as a true rival to Rachel, instead of this ballerina idea they are thinking of doing in season five. That would be interesting. But I don't want another Unique, Joe, or...God forbid...Rory. Most of TGP winners/runner-ups/guest stars have been duds, but Lindsay has so much potential to be a hit if they would give her a chance. I also don't mind Ryder at all...I think he was one of the best things to come out of TGP. But Glee watchers can't deny that most of them have been...not nessassary...to the show, to say the least.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4