Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

+27
ColferInspired
coxfire
Georgette888
Buenos
Ireth
glimmerle
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
arina
Glorfindel
bayth
MoviesAreLife
valkeakuulas
Sani
zuppid
ChrisColferFan1
emilynna
ColferGirl
BlueJazz
Emile
Kurt Hummel
Delight
paulopf
tanita_mors
brisallie
fantastica
Shinra17
31 posters

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 21 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  tanita_mors 6/22/2014, 6:28 pm

i just started watching Orphan Black after seeing all of you non stop posting about it here. it interesting and rather engaging so far. i'm 4 episodes in.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 21 Empty Re: TV Series you want to discuss, it's here

Post  Lottie2303 6/23/2014, 5:49 am

brisallie wrote:Fot those who watch Orphan Black, did you see the season finale? Someone mentioned a theory that Feliz could be a clone...well that was close, but it turned out someone else is the male clone, someone I personally didn't expect.

Honestly, I started chanting "Not Paul. Not Paul" when the term "male clones" was revealed.  Razz  I was not *that* surprised about the possibility, but never would have expected the actor who is going to portray it.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/23/2014, 2:39 pm

Lottie2303 wrote:
brisallie wrote:Fot those who watch Orphan Black, did you see the season finale? Someone mentioned a theory that Feliz could be a clone...well that was close, but it turned out someone else is the male clone, someone I personally didn't expect.

Honestly, I started chanting "Not Paul. Not Paul" when the term "male clones" was revealed.  Razz  I was not *that* surprised about the possibility, but never would have expected the actor who is going to portray it.

haha you're so unlike some people on twitter, I read a couple of "I wanted Paul to be the clone". I've wondering why the other actor was chosen, is he better? Ok confession time, Paul is handsome but I'm not so sure about his acting skills.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/24/2014, 12:24 pm

just watched Orphan black finale, why is that paul back in hte military? why do i feel that they are just actors dressed in army uniforms? ok they are, but they actually look phony. somehow that Paul guy looks too much like an actor no matter what he wears.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/24/2014, 12:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDQ2JXqgqGI

A new FOX show to air in late September. FOX already seems to be promoting it as the new Glee (a small group of six misfit kids---and one queen bee bitch--- banding together, an across the nation tour by its young cast), only without the singing and the dancing. Personally, I'd rather watch singing and dancing kids than terminally ill ones....but I like the looks of this one. I love coming of age storylines and I love the comedy-drama genre. I have a thing for tear jerkers and dark humor and life or death storylines. I hope this show takes the place of Glee when Glee ends its run in mid 2015.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/24/2014, 1:31 pm

sounds to me like someone is trying to hop on the "fault in our stars" bandwagon. is there no originality left in tinseltown any more ???
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/24/2014, 2:26 pm

Orphan Black finale.

Whyyyyy can't Helena enjoy more than a second of happiness? Well I know why but still...

Paul: it's impossible for me to warm up to him, he's pretty but useless and a mediocre actor.

Cosima needs to get cured quickly in S3; it's way dragging on and I can't fathom having her die.

Alison needs Donnie around, his absence was felt.

Male clones? Interesting.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/24/2014, 5:18 pm

brisallie wrote:[haha you're so unlike some people on twitter, I read a couple of "I wanted Paul to be the clone". I've wondering why the other actor was chosen, is he better? Ok confession time, Paul is handsome but I'm not so sure about his acting skills.

That is funny, because on AVclub i read so much reaction of people who had similar reactions like mine.  Razz 

OB could bury itself if they would have hired Dylan Bruce as another clone, because his acting talents are nil. I kinda hope he gets killed off next season...

I have TBH, I LOVE OB and I loved the second season, but you can see a slight decrease during the season. I hope next season they are back, stronger and a bit more organized. Because I am not really sure what the overall SL of the second season was all about. And separating all the clones really wasn't a good idea. Therefore the dance party was amazing. Still, this is complaining on very high level, as it is one of the best shows currently produced.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/24/2014, 9:27 pm

@Lottie,I have the same thought. After watching the season finale I thought "once again OB did a ending that keeps wondering what's coming now', but when I think in the whole season, I feel they put so many things that it gives the impression none of the storylines was fully developed, or not until the last two episodes. But I hope they go back to their root and for next season everything is more clear. Still I love the series, but isn't like season one that I loved every single moment.

You know, a reviewer said that some characters didn't have some importance this season, or they could have get rid off them like the detective, Diangeli is her last name? or Vic; even Art. And you know, if next season focuses on the clones, I don't know how the characters I mentioned could be inserted in the story.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/25/2014, 5:28 am

^ Or Tony, who had no real purpose, but only was a political statement. And characters like Tony are SO important and they rather should have kept it for the third season and given him an entire arc. An arc that would have highlighted his personality, and not just his sexuality.

Also I must say, I wish the male clone would be a POC. I love OB, but diversity is lacking a bit.

Yeah, I really have to agree. Too many characters and the overall SL really wasn't that apparent. But as you said, I LOVED every single second of the first season so my standards for those show are ridiculously high. And S2 also had a few knockout episodes, they just lost a bit at the end.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  coxfire 6/25/2014, 10:15 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ Or Tony, who had no real purpose, but only was a political statement. And characters like Tony are SO important and they rather should have kept it for the third season and given him an entire arc. An arc that would have highlighted his personality, and not just his sexuality.

Also I must say, I wish the male clone would be a POC. I love OB, but diversity is lacking a bit.

Yeah, I really have to agree. Too many characters and the overall SL really wasn't that apparent. But as you said, I LOVED every single second of the first season so my standards for those show are ridiculously high. And S2 also had a few knockout episodes, they just lost a bit at the end.

I must say I am happy that this season, there wasn't any neolutionist stuff like last year. I really, really loved S1, but the tail guy was on the verge to draw me away. I hated this part of the story, and I didn't want the show to become a freak-show with some super-evolved/genetically modified characters. The Clone Club is engaging and endearing and self-sufficient like that.

The things I loved in S2: Cal, Allison & Donnie, Sarah/Helena reunion, the Clone Club complete, Felix spiking Vic's tea... There were great moments in S2, and the mini-clone intrigues me, and the last episodes changed a lot of the dynamic. Marian (Marion) is an interesting character, but we still don't know what she really wants. Mrs S. sold Helena to the army, presumably to save Kira (do Mrs S. and the army know she's been impreganted with her fertilized eggs?), DYAD/Rachel seem to be manipulated themselves...

On the other hand, the very final reveal was underwhelming, male clones doesn't really interest me. Hopefully, they won't center the core of the action on the male clones (and not put a lot of pressure on Mark's actor, because Tatiana set the bar up the moon). I'm glad Felix isn't the male clone, it is important to have genuine characters like him. And I know it is what makes her personnality interesting, but sometimes I wanna slap Sarah for the way she dismisses him. I know she'd do anything for him, but a few times this season her treatment of him grated. I was glad to see Mrs S. being so concerned when he was drugged. Fe is awesome.

As for Tony: I agree that his character's purpose was half-assed, and I am so-so about him. The concept of having a transgender clone was interesting, but required more attention. But at the same time, I like the clones we have here, I'm not sure I need more to become permanent characters.

coxfire
coxfire
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 6/25/2014, 4:54 pm

tanita_mors wrote:sounds to me like someone is trying to hop on the "fault in our stars" bandwagon. is there no originality left in tinseltown any more ???

To be fair, these things seem to happen in waves. Law and Order spawned a wave of crime shows, HSM and Glee triggered musical mania to sweep the nation, and now The Fault in Our Stars seems to have inspired this "young people with cancer" movement on TV.

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/25/2014, 8:02 pm

almost every show experiences something called "Sophomore slump". as i watched the whole 2 seasons in 3 days, i agree that the show has kind of lost it's way with a lot of plot lines. still, i enjoyed the development of rachel, alison and her hubby, the introduction of LEDA (still not sure about the male clone part of the picture - it kind of negates the specialness of the female ones, unless the male series is heavily defective) i'm kind of indifferent to tony to be honest and kira's dad. as for the male clone, i was not impressed with the actor too much, but he was less stiff and wooden then paul. the lead is so strong that her performance pulls everything along so the show is still rather good at it's core. i mean, i find it hard to pick which clone out of the 5 principals is my favorite. the actress even made crazy yet sweet helena and dominate, emotionless sadist like rachel interesting and even sympathetic enough. and the show doesn't even need a new antagonist, as i think that rachel (if she lived that eye poking) will do ANYTHING to overcome, control and torture sarah (how is the de-facto lead of the show).

but the show has left a lot of mysteries for future seasons. primarily who is the original, because there must be a person who's dna they cloned (i kinda think that sarah and helena may not be simple clones), who was mrs s in this whole project LEDA story, what's the deal with afganistan and paul ( i think the male clones have something to do with that), the clues about kira's dad, what is so spcial about kira, IS COSIMA gonna get well (please i hope sooo), which new hot guy is sarah gonna bang, ...
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 6/26/2014, 9:22 am

While I could see the slight sophomore slump in Season 2 of Orphan Black, there were plenty of exciting new twists and stories to explore. I was mindblown when I saw the Mark clone, because I expected him to be Paul and was dreading that. I was also interested to see the little girl clone, as well as what Mrs S's motives are.

I'm not writing off Tony as a one episode character, because I feel this show has characters who seem minor at the start and then they develop a lot and appear when you don't expect them to.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 6/26/2014, 6:36 pm

^ I have to repeat, I am complaining on the highest level. This is not for instance Teen Wolf, where I am ready to hunt down the writers because last episode was so bad  Razz 

I love Charlotte already and cannot wait for more. It also was quite a nice twist, as I didn't expect her. The Marc actor convinced me, because him being crazy just for a few seconds did show me his truly unhinged side.

Tony needs to reappear and be a person with all intents and purposes, because his characters is necessary and groundbreaking. But next season there needs to be a purpose and he needs to be developed. And... no Felix/Tony please. Summary: less of a political statement and more of a real human being with all his flaws and perfections.
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/26/2014, 6:46 pm

no, no more "tony" aka bearded sarah. i don't even know if i like sarah anymore. i hope the series will conclude next season. i am getting tired of all the clone surprises.

so GOT is over too. next season i don't know, as the book went all over the map. i hope the show writers will tidy things up. 

why am i feeling so awful today? is it my period yet?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/2/2014, 11:16 am

We knew it was coming - official word on Sherlock (but we'll have to wait until Christmas 2015 for new episodes!  :( ):

Sherlock Officially Renewed for Season 4 — With a 'Special' Twist
By Nivea Serrao / July 2 2014, 6:55 AM PDT

Sherlock will be back on the case for Season 4, it was officially announced on Wednesday. But wait, there’s even more good news.
Preceding the mystery drama’s new three-episode run on PBS, fans will get a special as well.

“A special, plus a new series of three episodes — it’s a record-breaking run!” Sherlock co-creator Steven Moffat enthused in a statement. “Of course, it’s far too early to say what’s coming, but we’re reasonably confident that the very next thing to happen to Sherlock and John is the very last thing you’d expect.”
What last we tuned in, Sherlock had come out of a brief exile to face one of his biggest mysteries yet: Why is Moriarty’s face being broadcast on every television in the land?

Shooting on the special will begin in January 2015 — to possibly not air until Christmastime, Martin Freeman has hinted — with production on Season 4 set for later next year.
“It’s taken a little while to get the dates sorted as none of the boys are exactly sitting back twiddling their thumbs,” quips Sue Vertue, executive producer at Hartswood Films, “but there was unanimous goodwill to make this work so we’re thrilled that 221b is going to be inhabited again.”

source
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/2/2014, 3:50 pm

jesus, that is like 18 months away.  Evil or Very Mad  that is too much. they should have had that special for this Christmas/or the 1st january of 2015, and then the new season in the autum or at new years 2016.

Last edited by tanita_mors on 7/2/2014, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/2/2014, 3:56 pm

as for orphan black, don't know where the show is going, but i have only two requests. that the male clones not be a big screen time taking thing (this is a tatiana showcase and i would like it to stay that way) and that they didn't kill rachel in the final with that crazy ass pen shot to the eye. bitch is certifiable and i love her for it. perfect villain for this show, because while all the mystery with dyad and the military is interesting, you need a personal, human, unique adversary for you protagonist and eye patch rachel (thought she will probably get either an eye transplant from those clone corpses they surely have or some kind of neolutionist invention for a fake eye) is it imo. that bitch is gonna come after sarah sooo hard.

just look at this crazy ass HBIC

TV Series you want to discuss, it's here - Page 21 V4rruhwdla6jlrqcekcg
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/2/2014, 4:28 pm

bayth wrote:We knew it was coming - official word on Sherlock (but we'll have to wait until Christmas 2015 for new episodes!  :( ):
Ugh, I thought we would get new episodes this Christmas, not as late as next year's Christmas.
Bummer.  dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/2/2014, 4:39 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
bayth wrote:We knew it was coming - official word on Sherlock (but we'll have to wait until Christmas 2015 for new episodes!  :( ):
Ugh, I thought we would get new episodes this Christmas, not as late as next year's Christmas.
Bummer.  dryy

I think this is purely because both Cumberbatch and Freeman are hell busy with their careers.

Patience is a virtue.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/2/2014, 6:16 pm

suspectt The Flash pilot has been leaked. I'm currently watching it. The city that is in the first scene? My adopted hometown. Portland, Oregon.   
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/2/2014, 6:26 pm

i know. it's been out i week or so. i still haven't found the time to watch it yet.

there was an anouncment today that they
Spoiler:
I'm not really into comic books but from what i hear it's a big and popular character.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 7/2/2014, 8:27 pm

Back to say that The Flash pilot is really well done. Grant proves himself to be up to the task.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 7/3/2014, 10:27 am

Glorfindel wrote:
Bummer.  dryy

I'm pretty sure they announced that the new season would start this December...they just had to delay it because their leads are so in demand.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next