Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amber on Dancing with the Stars

+17
Delight
fantastica
arina
ColdFlame96
TimF
Ranwing
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
AnneNeville
Lottie2303
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
brisallie
Buenos
valkeakuulas
Glorfindel
Vir Cotto
21 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Amber on Dancing with the Stars - Page 5 Empty Re: Amber on Dancing with the Stars

Post  fantastica 10/2/2013, 12:39 pm

it's more like blaine took fashion advice from darren. DC was seen wearing high water pants and no socks at the end of s2 tour when they did that photoshoot, that was when blaine wore only dalton uniform.

so was amber placed at number 1 in the third round? i missed the show again this week!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Amber on Dancing with the Stars - Page 5 Empty Re: Amber on Dancing with the Stars

Post  Buenos 10/2/2013, 1:19 pm

Alot of guys (and gals) were those short socks that barely cover the foot and make it appear your sockless.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/2/2013, 1:47 pm

i bought a pair of Sketchers and they are super comfy with our without socks (the special lining keeps the feet dry if you want to go bare footed. highly recommend these shoes. worth every penny.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/7/2013, 11:00 pm

Amber did a fantastic Tango tonight. She has two injured knees, but she still did an amazing job. She was in complete sync with Derek, and had the tango attitude. She got three well deserved 9's.

Someone asked Ryan what he thought of her being on DWTS on twitter, and he said he was proud of her.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/8/2013, 12:45 am

I know they're free to choice any song, but I can't avoid to say they could have chosen a real tango song. They're some groups out there that have modern versions. Anyway, she did awesome as usual. Go girl!

P.S I really like tango, is so elegant and sexy at the same time.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/8/2013, 4:10 am

Amber did amazing! panik 
I was wondering if she would do as well with a more traditional ballroom dance after the jive, chacha and charleston, but she was really graceful and in complete sync with her partner. Those 9's were well deserved.

Here's the dance with the rehearsal part beforehand (in which they talk about her knee injury) :

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 10/8/2013, 5:17 pm

I was so worried that she would have to quit when I first saw the gifs or her talking about her knees but she did so well. I know judges gave all niners but did Derek "carry" her a bit more this time because of her knees? I know tango is a bit clingy dance to begin with but that tight carrying fit the dance well.

And count me in this week as well hating the music, it is not the tango I grew up with and recognise as tango.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/8/2013, 6:18 pm

valkeakuulas wrote:...

And count me in this week as well hating the music, it is not the tango I grew up with and recognise as tango.
You know, after I vent that I didn't like they use a music that is not related to tango, I thought they probably did European Tango, which is freer when it comes to music choice. Because I've seen DWTS for awhile, and usually they say when is argentine tango.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/9/2013, 1:54 pm

Glorfindel wrote:The dance was good (again), the jury's criticism was fair, and Amber looked more gorgeous than ever: that dress is fabulous. wub 

-ETA-
And good God: is Darren not wearing any socks? ohmy 
Eww. Mad
Doesn't he regularly not wear socks?

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  AnneNeville 10/9/2013, 1:55 pm

I'm really loving Amber on this show.

AnneNeville
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/14/2013, 11:23 pm

Amber had another great dance, but she got mixed reviews from the judges. Bruno gave her a ten, and Carrie Ann gave her a 9, but cranky old man Len gave her a 7. He said that there wasn't enough holds in the routine for her in the fox trot. I thought his score was really low, and I also thought it was a bit unfair for her to be penalized so much for her pro dancer not choreography with enough content for the dance. But Derek tends to do that a lot, and Len always seems to come down hard on him for that (Derek said he even prepared Amber for a low score from Len).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/15/2013, 12:37 am

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/15/2013, 4:45 am

brisallie wrote:
I look every week for their performances.

I was so happy she got a ten. Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/15/2013, 6:48 am

Here's the video with the rehearsal. She talks a bit about American Idols and Glee:

What a difference between a 10 and a 7!
I agree it's unfortunate that the low number was because of Derek's choreography and not Amber's dancing. But otoh dancing with Derek has its merits too (large fanbase).
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/21/2013, 10:45 pm

Amber had another fantastic dance. She got 10's from Carrie Ann and Bruno. They said her dance was perfect. Cranky pants Len said that he found the dance repetitive so he gave them an 8.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/21/2013, 11:14 pm

at the end of the show, they did a switch up dance where four of the couples faced off against each other. Amber and Derek won their group, and they wound up being tied for first place with Elizabeth and Val. If Len had given her a 9 or 10 like she deserved, she would have been in first place.

I don't know what Len has against Derek, but he always seems tougher on Derek than he is on the others.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/22/2013, 12:58 am

are the scores cumulative?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/22/2013, 2:36 am

I think they just show cumulative scores for viewer general info.  The way I understand DWTS, they reset after every elimination.  So the scores don't carry forward unless there is  some special reason clearly pointed out.

Personally I think Len is somewhat playing the Devils advocate.  It's a joke that Derek gets yet another ringer like Amber, who also comes with a big Gleeks fan base. I think they just don't want everyone gushing at Amber/Derek 24/7.  

Derek annoys some fans;  The perception is that the Producers kiss Derek's ass with the better partners.  Anybody who knows Glee knows that even though she could be thought of as 'plus size' Amber was going to kick ass.  So Derek getting her irks  those in the know, since the GA is going to think he worked miracles on an "overweight non dancer".
Yea right.Rolling Eyes 

I don't care because pairing Amber with Derek practically guarantees her getting to at least the semi finals. Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/22/2013, 5:45 am

Amber did great again. She's so full of energy. wub 
That switch challenge must have been very difficult.

Here are the videos:

Jellyrolls wrote:I don't know what Len has against Derek, but he always seems tougher on Derek than he is on the others.
There's certainly something going on between them BTS, yes. Maybe what Buenos says.
Len is careful not to criticize Amber herself, as to not to anger her fans.

Ah well, she's doing fine, she might even win!
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/28/2013, 10:13 pm

Amber had another fantastic dance tonight! She danced the paso doble, and I think it was her best dance so far. She was very passionate, very strong. She was very crisp in her movement of the cape (her skirt). She even got a 10 from Len tonight! She wound up with 29 points (Bruno gave her a 9).

She has the group dance coming up later, but she's looking good.

Everytime she burns up the floor, I just thinking to myself, take that Trollphy.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/28/2013, 11:19 pm

The group number was danced to what does a fox say. Amber was the captain of her team and she danced with Jack Brant and Corbin. Their dance was crazy fun and they got all tens. Amber finished first tonight after the group dance and her regular dance.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/29/2013, 6:24 am

Amber did great again! neutre 

Here are the videos:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 11/4/2013, 11:39 pm

Amber had another strong dance this week. She finished at the top of the leaderboard after dancing to Cher's "if I can turn back time." Cher was the guest judge. They danced the rumba and Amber owned it. She got 28 out of 30 points. The best part was she didn't have to dance in the dance off at the end of the show and she made it through to next week.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/5/2013, 1:12 pm

Amber was good again. I hope her knee holds out.

Here's her dance:

And lol:
Amber on Dancing with the Stars - Page 5 Tumblr_mvs1aoID5V1qe476yo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/12/2013, 6:12 pm

Oops, I forgot to post Amber's dances this week:

Amber scored 3 8s for the quickstep and 3 9s for the salsa. 
Unfortunately her knees are giving her a lot of trouble.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next