Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends?

+5
fantastica
Shinra17
tanita_mors
Jellyrolls
Struck by Lightning
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends? Empty Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends?

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/23/2012, 7:59 am

I just found this article on predicted post-Glee success. Kind of a random group of people in general IMO, but Chris is high on the list, which is always nice to see.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends? Empty Re: Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends?

Post  Jellyrolls 2/23/2012, 8:23 am

That's an interesting article. I'm kind of surprised to hear that Dianna has the lowest appeal in the cast though.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends? Empty Re: Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends?

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/23/2012, 8:38 am

^IDK where they're getting this stuff really, I don't think Mark/Matt/Amber place that high. Personally I think out of the kids, Chris and Lea will get the most good roles. IDK about Naya but I think Cory/Dianna will continue acting, mostly as love interests and even Heather/Darren might continue 'acting' too. Everyone else I can't imagine doing very prominent acting jobs/many other acting jobs at all. This might be about acting and singing fame though.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/23/2012, 9:17 am

I think success-wise, Jane trumps all right now. She is the house hold name and a proven talent, with great connections and it's obvious people want her in their projects, even for a cameo if nothing else. Matt, he just doesn't have star quality to me. Broadway is his home and he will be good there, but I don't see him making a splash in either movies or music.

Then it's Lea and Chris for me personally. She is a a great actress and singer, and she can always have Broadway if nothing else.

Chris is a phenomenal actor and hopefully SBl will help him be seen as more the just Kurt Hummel because it will open a lot of doors later. He is a great singer (but very polarizing and he can maybe succeed in an adequate niche - but given that he isn't interested in singing, it's not all that important). He is a writer and that is his big plus compered to everyone else. Even when he isn't acting, he could be writing screenplays for himself or other, maybe a Broadway musical in the future, being a script doctor like Carrie Fisher, writing more novels if his first ones prove to be success. Also producing and possibly directing isn't out of the question. If he is smart and makes right decisions, he could have a very loooooong and successful carrier in Tinseltown.

I think Cory can be moderately successful, but the is a lot of competition for the classic male lead.
Darren should stick to music because it's his strongest suit. I think he feels most comfortable with a guitar or at the piano, rather then as an actor (he hasn't shown a lot of talent in that regard, at least to me), but I definitely could see him on Broadway again (his huge Starkid fanbase), rather then a big or small screen.
Amber and Kevin - music all the way.
Naya is a good actress and singer, looks great, but is rather invisible in the media and that isn't good for a future carrier.
Dianna is a very beautiful girl (sort of Grace Kelly or Tippi Harden type beauty) and if she sticks to drama primarily, and works with good directors, I think she could be a potential female lead (I could totally see her in a Hitchcock movie - she has that cold blond beauty look he was obsessed with).

The rest are just too small fishes to even guess what they might do or not.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/23/2012, 5:53 pm

By the way, has anyone seen New Year's Eve? and if so, what do you think of Lea in it, is her character a kind of Rachel 2.0 or does she manage to create someone quite different?
Surprisingly, when it comes to the typecasting problem of Glee cast, I'm not thinking about Chris but about her. I can easily picture Chris in a very different role, like a mentally disturbed serial killer and I can't really see her far from Rachel.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/23/2012, 6:15 pm

when you see someone whose first and only role is very distinctive character, it's often hard to visualize him/her in another role. that's why when someone is too good in that role it can typecast him/her. NYE for Lea isn't that different from Rachel in that she is a singer, but we will see if she lands on other, different roles. she doesn't have the advantage that chris has, which is hte aiblity to create whatever roles he wants to do (or he thinks he can do). the only one who can typecast chris is chris himself, but most actors are not that lucky (or not that talented). we'll see.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 2/23/2012, 6:15 pm

IDK Lea,I heard something about her will influence her career badly.That girl knows a lot of industry business.She said Lea's every audition fails outside glee really saying sth.Not because she's not good,just she simply did something really bad during her Spring Awakening time.She pissed off lots of broadway crews.That's why she got rejected from West Side Story, Funny Girl, Le Mis and a bunch of other shows.

Pissed broadway crews same goes to Darren.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/23/2012, 7:04 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:

I just found this article on predicted post-Glee success. Kind of a random group of people in general IMO, but Chris is high on the list, which is always nice to see.

Firt time I heard about that Q list that is mentioned on the article. Do you know what it is?

About who will succeed in the future, Chris is also on the top of my list wub I see a lot of projects in his future and if nobody offers him nothing, I'm sure he will offer sth interesting to those people who manage this bussines. The fangirl inside of me is talking lol

Lea and Cory are also on my list because both are good actors despite I haven't seen New Year's Eve and Montecarlo respectively, but I have faith on them; if not Lea has Broadway and Cory could play drums in a band.

Umm who else? Kevin,Amber and Darren could succeed if they focus on music Smile

Matthew,Mark,Naya and Dianna, are good actors for me but I haven't read if Matthew,Mark and Naya has any acting project in the future and I don't know how much attention they're getting, at least Naya is doing the Proactive campaing and Matthew could work on Broadway as well. Dianna, I read she's the least on the list but also it said she could be a drama actress and I'm agree with it and also I suggest modelling.

Heather and Harry, dancing and Chord and Jenna acting too.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/23/2012, 7:16 pm

^I can't see Jenna trying to be part of the pop music industry, so I'd say she'll go for more theatre jobs, probably on a very small scale; supporting role, understudy to a supporting role but I bet she could get some work there. I didn't mention her along with Chris/Lea/Cory/Dianna/Naya/Heather/Darren before because I don't think she would get as many (good or otherwise) offers, but she's the only other person I see mainly pursuing acting. Mark is popular enough (more than Naya with the GA, I think) that him not being attached to a film by now probably means he's uninterested.

As a Lea fan I was really hoping for Eponine, that wouldn't really be the same type as her characters in Glee/NYE. Now that Samantha Barks was chosen instead of a blonde Hollywood type I'd say it was either down to her schedule or Tom Hooper/someone personally disliked her Glee-associated image for the film (which made zero sense when I thought they had cast Taylor Swift, but could in this case).

I thought she played her role in NYE different, but I still think she was typecast. But TBH, everyone was in that film, the whole point was you go to the movie and see a bunch of celebrities doing the thing they're known for. The three Oscar winners in the cast got the dramatic scenes, Sofia Vergara did the bulk of the real comedy, Bon Jovi and Lea played singers and everyone else basically just did romance stuff IIRC.

re: Broadway, I think rumors are meant to be taken with a grain of salt; could be true, but from what I understand about those situations, even at the time, it's quite possible Josefina Scaglione could do a more legit soprano for Maria, also she looked the part more IMO... actually considering they did parts in Spanish Lea would have had a pretty big disadvantage, Lea was offered a role in the actual Broadway production of Les Miz (IDK how much the film casting says about her actual reputation on Broadway), and the Funny Girl producers wanted a production without much delay (didn't get it though), and Lea's schedule would not have worked with theirs at all. If one or even several casting directors/producers dislike Lea, there are always more (and new ones) that will try to get her to do something after Glee because it would be a great investment. If Broadway is willing to cast a string of young and somewhat inexperienced actors that aren't triple threats in one musical just to sell, I think Lea's okay... I actually wouldn't be too surprised if Lea did get Funny Girl after Glee, anyone who really wants to produce it will be pretty desperate to help the production money-wise.

This is all OT though. re: Chris I think in terms of major drama/dark comedy films (as opposed to his own indies where he can move away from typecasting all he wants, or romantic comedies which it seems he doesn't want to do) I'd say he might have some trouble getting cast in 'straight' roles, but not in character roles that aren't explicit in that way. And if he did mainly play gay characters, I actually wouldn't see a problem if they were all well written.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 2/23/2012, 7:28 pm

re: Broadway, I think rumors are meant to be taken with a grain of salt; could be true, but from what I understand about those situations, even at the time, it's quite possible Josefina Scaglione could do a more legit soprano for Maria, also she looked the part more IMO, Lea was offered a role in the actual Broadway production of Les Miz (IDK how much the film casting says about her actual reputation on Broadway), and the Funny Girl producers wanted a production without much delay (didn't get it though), and Lea's schedule would not have worked with theirs at all. If one or even several casting directors/producers dislike Lea, there are always more (and new ones) that will try to get her to do something after Glee because it would be a great investment. If Broadway is willing to cast a string of young and somewhat inexperienced actors that aren't triple threats in one musical just to sell, I think Lea's okay... I actually wouldn't be too surprised if Lea did get Funny Girl after Glee, anyone who really wants to produce it will be pretty desperate to help the production money-wise.

Nah,I know that girl dislike Lea a lot.Her reasons seem fair to me.And I know Lea does have a bad reputation before she become famous in glee.Anyway she has talents to support her career which is a bless among those mediocre actors and singers.But I really doubt she will get some big roles on broadway again soon.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/23/2012, 7:37 pm

Fair enough, I'll agree to disagree about that. neutre
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 2/23/2012, 7:47 pm

Struck by Lightning wrote:Fair enough, I'll agree to disagree about that. neutre

Yeah,I hope her the best,cause I like her ambition and attitude even though she offen does something I may side-eye.
I don't know anyone else but I have lots of thoughts about Darren's career after glee,those are not some good thoughts.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/23/2012, 8:00 pm

brisallie wrote:Firt time I heard about that Q list that is mentioned on the article. Do you know what it is?
Bah, from what I get, it's a kind of tool which measures the popularity and the likeable-ity for a celebrity. So, MM would be the most well known and appreciated among the Glee cast. The point on which I don't really agree is that there are also a lot of people in the film making industry who have other criteria for choosing their cast, they won't necessarily chase after the popularity and profitability aspects of the actors.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/23/2012, 8:41 pm

This is all OT though. re: Chris I think in terms of major drama/dark comedy films (as opposed to his own indies where he can move away from typecasting all he wants, or romantic comedies which it seems he doesn't want to do) I'd say he might have some trouble getting cast in 'straight' roles, but not in character roles that aren't explicit in that way. And if he did mainly play gay characters, I actually wouldn't see a problem if they were all well written.

Why do you think he will get some trouble getting 'straight' roles?

Shinra17 wrote:
brisallie wrote:Firt time I heard about that Q list that is mentioned on the article. Do you know what it is?
Bah, from what I get, it's a kind of tool which measures the popularity and the likeable-ity for a celebrity. So, MM would be the most well known and appreciated among the Glee cast. The point on which I don't really agree is that there are also a lot of people in the film making industry who have other criteria for choosing their cast, they won't necessarily chase after the popularity and profitability aspects of the actors.

The Q list remind me the IQ because both are tools to measures something about people: the first one popularity and the second one the intelligence. At the end is all about the projection that an actor has or hasn't after Glee, but you never know what's gonna happen with them.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 2/23/2012, 10:04 pm

I want to know that juicy Lea gossip about Broadway. I live in eastern Europe for crying out load. I haven't heard of a single actor or actress from Glee before this show. If you feel unconformable about posting it here, PM me.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/24/2012, 12:30 am

IDK whether or not he will but I'm trying not to be too optimistic. But if there is trouble it would be down to typecasting rather than his ability obviously. I was mainly saying that even if he wasn't cast in those roles (in movies he doesn't do the casting/writing for) there are still character roles and well written gay characters to play. The only way it would matter a ton is romantic comedies, which IMO are usually not movies worth making, at least not these days.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 2/24/2012, 2:05 am

brisallie wrote:

because they're some a lot of producers and directors who will take into account the way the GA perceive an actor and Chris is completely known by the GA as a gay man. That will scare them. But it's not a big loss, because these producers are more into commercial movies, aimed to make a lot of money. A creative director won't pay attention to it and will be only interested by Chris's acting talent. Basically, I think Chris might get less offers than a "generic" (lol) straight actor but he will get the more interesting ones.
IA with what Struck_by_lightning said and I don't mind neither if Chris has mainly gay roles, if they are in good and important productions.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/24/2012, 9:32 am

Shinra17 wrote:By the way, has anyone seen New Year's Eve? and if so, what do you think of Lea in it, is her character a kind of Rachel 2.0 or does she manage to create someone quite different?
Surprisingly, when it comes to the typecasting problem of Glee cast, I'm not thinking about Chris but about her. I can easily picture Chris in a very different role, like a mentally disturbed serial killer and I can't really see her far from Rachel.
I saw 'New Year's Eve'. Lea wasn't completely playing Rachel, her character was more mature, and not that crazy.
But her role was a lot like Rachel, she was typecasted, no doubt. She played an ambitious singer, and freaked out when she was stuck in an elevator. But then again: I would freak out in a stuck elevator too, so that's not typical something only Rachel types would do. Razz

Lea's role in NYE was quite shallow, as is most of the movie. There were a few very heartfelt characters and stories, but they were left to the established great actors (Robert de Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Berry, Hillary Swank). The rest was mainly fluff.
I enjoyed Hector Elizondo very much, and I was very pleasantly surprised by Zac Efron, tbh. His story with Michelle Pfeiffer was my favorite.
Actually: I kept imagining Chris in Zac Efron's role. He is too young for the part, but it would have been an excellent role for him to play. neutre

And of course: Jon Bon Jovi is hot, really hot. tonguue

It's a reasonably good movie, I liked it (and cried a bit, not gonna lie), but then I like most Gary Marshall movies. I'm a romantic fool, sorry. blushh
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/24/2012, 3:58 pm

I would normally expect Naya to be one of those with the biggest future career, because she is great actress, amazing singer, I think she dances very well and she is beatiful and you don't confuse her easily with anyone else as many other actresses. I am surprised that media are so little interested in her. I am curious what kind of music she will have on her CD.

I don't like when people can't accept actors in different roles but I have probably the same problem sometimes, I saw people commenting the SBL trailer that it's like Kurt with normal clothes... I didnt see there Kurt at all but it happened to me with Lea in 'New Year's Eve', I saw just her scenes in that movie and I unfortunately I couldn't not see Rachel there. I don't know if it's my problem that I am just so used to Rachel or if that was because of the character she was playing.

I think that Darren has a good chance in music industry, I am not big fan of his singing because I find his voice very ordinary and quite of week and I confuse it with other people, but he has pleasant voice for many people, he has charisma and good look and he can write his own music (and judging from the potter musicals a good music imo).

I think Chris has a good chance to have a good writing and acting career, I think SBL will show how nonGlee fans will respond to him!

Then I think Dianna could have chance for good acting career, she is good at drama and her looks is really great which helps. And she just have SOMETHING in her that I can imagine her on big screen.

I am not very sure about others but maybe they will surprise!

Can I ask for that gossip about Lea and Broadway as well? I am just curious I can't help it :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/24/2012, 5:21 pm

Then I think Dianna could have chance for good acting career, she is good at drama and her looks is really great which helps. And she just have SOMETHING in her that I can imagine her on big screen.
ITA. On another note, is it bad that I wanted Quinn to die so Dianna could be free to make movies earlier? Probably. Razz I'll be really mad if any of the five other seniors stay on as regulars next season. I just want to forget Mark/Heather/Harry's characters exist, I just want more music/movies from Amber/Dianna and I don't want any of them getting in the way of Chris/Lea's screentime; enough people will already. phr34r They can't seriously be thinking of having 20 series regulars, can they? blinkk

I enjoyed Hector Elizondo very much, and I was very pleasantly surprised by Zac Efron, tbh. His story with Michelle Pfeiffer was my favorite.
I couldn't stand him there TBH, but I'm still very biased against him after HSM, so that's probably why. Razz
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Which Glee Stars Will Still Be Famous After the Show Ends? Empty Rumors

Post  Guest 2/24/2012, 5:54 pm

I have read all kinds of rumors about a lot of these Glee people on different sites, but nothing bad about Chris. He seems to keep himself clean and they all say he is a "good guy." I may be wrong, but I think Chris's future will be more in writing than in acting - If he can get this one distributed, and a 2nd one made and distributed, he'll have a good resume along with this 2 books and if his Disney thingie gets into production - at the age of 23/4. Not bad, Kiddo!!! And I think his cast members can take a lesson from him in how to treat the crew!! Nobody ever mentioned them until Chris did several times.

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/24/2012, 6:09 pm

^IDK, I might just be hoping for this but I think he'll be just as much an actor as a writer, if not more. His projects outside of Glee are restriced by Glee, which I think is the most important thing to remember now. He can set his own schedule as a writer so writing screenplays/pilots/books he can do in his brief amounts of spare time during the year, and he doesn't have to go anywhere to do it, but luckily '8' is somewhat like that to, and he is doing that. Whenever he has a lot of free time from Glee though, he's taking advantage of it to act in movies though. Maybe for a while after this his new writing projects will be better known than the acting ones, but he already has a ton of acting recognition for Kurt, so I'm hopeful. neutre
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 2/24/2012, 7:58 pm

ITA. On another note, is it bad that I wanted Quinn to die so Dianna could be free to make movies earlier? Probably. Razz I'll be really mad if any of the five other seniors stay on as regulars next season. I just want to forget Mark/Heather/Harry's characters exist, I just want more music/movies from Amber/Dianna and I don't want any of them getting in the way of Chris/Lea's screentime; enough people will already. phr34r They can't seriously be thinking of having 20 series regulars, can they? blinkk

While I agree that having 20 regulars is crazy, Quinn, Mike, Mercedes, Puck and others are those who makes that show for me, these characters are Glee for me and I will really miss everyone who won't come back in season 4. It was just really terrible idea to make almost everyone senior... :(
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/24/2012, 8:11 pm

I couldn't stand him there TBH, but I'm still very biased against him after HSM, so that's probably why. Razz

Well, I wasn't going to say anything until I signed on the dotted line, but I'm going to be on Glee in season 4, starring as a NYADA professor who let's Kurt sing. I hear they are adding 47 other regulars in addition to me. I'm just saying Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 2/24/2012, 8:39 pm

While I agree that having 20 regulars is crazy, Quinn, Mike, Mercedes, Puck and others are those who makes that show for me, these characters are Glee for me and I will really miss everyone who won't come back in season 4. It was just really terrible idea to make almost everyone senior...
I think it's pretty silly not to go four years with everyone in HS (or most of them; I can't be entirely objective given my dislike of Puck, but lots of people think Mark's pushing it in the age/looks department). Now that they have though, they need 12 people in the choir room and I see no fewer than 8 becoming series regulars or at least having as much time: Kevin, Darren & Jenna already, Damian & Teen Jesus very likely, Sebastian, Vanessa and Chord (breaking him up with Mercedes is actually quite good for his chances of staying, as was bringing him back after that mess before) all possible. If they keep all five other seniors there literally will be twenty or more. I also imagine at least one could have been reffered to as RM as wanting to leave (Heather or Amber seem the most likely at this point). IDK I just think Chris/Lea/Naya/Cory are already fighting for screentime from the choir room next year, I don't want none of the seniors to get significant time.

Well, I wasn't going to say anything until I signed on the dotted line, but I'm going to be on Glee in season 4, starring as a NYADA professor who let's Kurt sing. I hear they are adding 47 other regulars in addition to me. I'm just saying
aa54 Great character! You can stay IMO.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next