Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

+30
E-ko
paulopf
CCfan93
Coolbeans3131
sjonnepon
gleekout93
Glorfindel
Divalicious
Emile
Kurt Hummel
red texta
M&M
Catt24
Struck by Lightning
dap1217
Delight
ColferInspired
Ireth
arina
ColferGirl
emilynna
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
brisallie
tanita_mors
CloveGlee
mellama
Shinra17
fantastica
Jellyrolls
34 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

Post  tanita_mors 4/25/2012, 7:25 pm

fantastica wrote:
With Kurt graduating this year, are you going to be on "Glee" next season?
I think so. Things are still kind of up in the air. I've heard rumors and I've been told a couple things so I'm anxious to see how they're going to do it.
that "revolutionary" idea is still up in the air... laugh my eyebrows off...
They haven't got a clue what they will be doing next year. And I mean RIB, not the actors. I think they either were ready to say "bye,bye" to the original cast and start fresh with new and cheaper faces or wanted that spin off. Now, they know that the show depends on the originals , mostly the big three and they still don't know how to incorporate it all without lessening the focus of the choir room. Basically RM big mouth created a trouble he still doesn't know how to fix.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 11:10 pm

they are probably lurking in the fandom looking for "suggestions" to solve their problem.

so RIB, if you or your agents are reading this, here's my suggestion:

- the whole third season is a nightmare in Mr. Schuester's head. Finally the dream is over and he woke up and nobody is graduating and all the new kids disappeared. and yes blaine is still in dalton, and will never transfer to McKlingley. give Darren a solo a week to record so you can sell them on itune and make tons of money, but not on the show - and no more warblers until maybe competition episode.

there you have it. I will not complain by saying the nightmare/dream thing is weird or unrealistic. it will be the BEST thing you have ever done. seriously! thank you for reading. now do it!!!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/25/2012, 11:14 pm

Ryan completely misread his market. The show that existed in his head was not the one we were watching. I think he genuinely thought the kids were interchangeable and it would not matter to trade them out. He also has grossly underestimated the value of acting talent in his cast.

Personally, I think Glee: The College Years will save this baby. Nothing else will do it.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/25/2012, 11:20 pm

Chris's vague answers about his future on Glee clearly indicate that Ryan Murphy has no clue what he's doing. I don't know whether to find this funny or sad Laughing dryy

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/25/2012, 11:31 pm

A fan's account of visiting glee set and the cast doing QnA: I bolded Chris' parts:
kevin and naya hugged super tight for several minutes so presh
so did lea and jgroff
they played the audio while everyone took a break and sat down on the rafters and hemo and vanessa were just practicing along with it and they ended up doing the entire song all over the stage with the choreographers and everyone cheered and clapped when they finished
zach woodlee was calling dianna from across the stage and dianna jumped and did a ballet leap (idk the proper term) while running across stage so perfect omg
heather and naya and vanessa were all talking together a couple times and one time vanessa walked off and heather and naya just talked to themselves and naya like grabbed at hemo’s forearms and they had the giggles and then they held hands and were swinging their hands while standing there talking SO PRESH LET ME DIE AAAAH
darren before takes to get everyone hyped would do a rawr or a battle yell omg
everyone was practicing the choreography during breaks between takes, hemo the most, vanessa second
hemo and naya giggle so loud together when they’re on the sides
darren went up to chord and massaged his shoulders for like ten seconds lol
cory is a goofball he was the first one to start clapping for lea and we werent even supposed to be clapping yet
chris existing is divine
kevin, amber, jenna, harry, vanessa came up to the wings where the invited audience was and did a little q&a
someone raised their hand and was like ‘i have a question!’
and it was freakin’ darren sitting next to damian in the audience omg lol
and he asked ‘when are the warblers coming back?’
and the cast laughed
and amber was like teasing him when she answered ‘we cant seem to get rid of them! besides the guy in it last year suuucked’
i got to ask a question!! kevin was like ‘you! there! waving enthusiastically!’ (that will now be our vows omg)
and i asked ‘have any of you seen chris’s movie?’
and amber and kevin immediately went ‘YES IT WAS SO GOOD!’
and amber explained ‘its called struck by lightning and EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH IT its genius’
my friend got to ask a question to amber and she asked ‘do you think it’d ever be possible to sing a duet with you or darren?’
and amber ugh i love her she was like ‘let’s do it right now!’
and everyone cheered and they put a spotlight on my friend
and amber was like ‘do you know Respect by Aretha Franklin?’
and my friend got to sing the first line and the crowd CHEERED
and amber did the second line and kevin did back-up
and it was the best thing ever and amber retweeted her and i love her omg
darren got a lot of questions lol mostly of the ‘you are attractive’ kind
vanessa is hilarious
chris did a q&a by himself he’s so eloquent omg
everyone asked him really good questions about acting and advice on it and his future plans and about his role on glee and he would always repeat the question if the audience couldn’t hear the asker loud enough
i got to ask him a question too! ahh! i asked him ‘what was the best part about meeting emma watson at the SBL premiere?’
and he said ‘oh well emma watson being at my movie, i mean she’s close friends with roberto so that’s why, but yeah, it was insane. she’s one hell of a dancer!’ and then i asked ‘was it a full circle moment?’ and i made a circle with my hands and he laughed and said ‘yeah, it was a full circle moment’
he likes sushi
someone asked him if he got rejected a lot before glee and he said ‘oh yes’ and talked about how he’s been auditioning since freshman year and his first audition—he started laughing while talking about it—was for that’s so raven and then he laughed and went ‘yeaaah… that didn’t work out’ and he said glee was his first callback
then a dude from the back was like ‘this isnt a question but a comment but just keep doing your thing and going for your dream!’
and he was like ‘aw thank you! i mean, well, i got the part’
someone asked him to sing a bit of IWHYH and he was like chuckling and said ‘nooooo ill be pitchy and off key and ill lose my reputation’
(lies)
my brother got the last question and he said ‘ive been trying to give you a rose since last year but i never got to, so here’s a virtual one’ and like rows of girls aww’d really loud and chris’s eyes were super earnest when he grinned and when my brother threw the “virtual” rose chris pretended to be hit in the face by it and he went “ouch! but thank you” and my brother blushed ten thousand degrees
hemo is so tall
naya and dianna sat/hung out together a lot so presh
lol matthew hodgson was on set and he and naya were being touchy feely… k
chris and damian seriously look like brothers and they hung out a lot too
darren hung out a lot with mark and cory and the choreographers and jenna
when the ladies were going through their routine and just marking it kevin was on the side and picking up the choreography just by watching how in the just what omg perfect
this
cast
works
so
hard
http://ellezirkmac.tumblr.com/post/21819276336
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 2:20 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_m32l818qIQ1qe476yo1_r1_250 Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_m32l818qIQ1qe476yo2_r1_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_m32hh3hwWZ1qau977o1_500

chris on set. must be the nationals outfit
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/26/2012, 5:01 am

Looking good aa54 aa54 aa54
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/26/2012, 5:04 am

CloveGlee wrote:Ryan completely misread his market. The show that existed in his head was not the one we were watching. I think he genuinely thought the kids were interchangeable and it would not matter to trade them out. He also has grossly underestimated the value of acting talent in his cast.

Personally, I think Glee: The College Years will save this baby. Nothing else will do it.
I couldn't agree more. But the problem is, Glee is about a high school glee club and if you fallow them out of HS it stops being about glee - hence the title is obsolete.

Frankly, the biggest mistake was making this their senior year.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 5:14 am

there should never be a junior senior year. they should just be hs student forever.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/26/2012, 6:14 am

CloveGlee wrote:Ryan completely misread his market. The show that existed in his head was not the one we were watching. I think he genuinely thought the kids were interchangeable and it would not matter to trade them out. He also has grossly underestimated the value of acting talent in his cast.

Couldn't agree with the bolded text more.

I think a big reason why Season 3 Glee is so atrocious (aside from the writing), is that weak actors got showcased too much. When the weak actors don't get acting scenes, they get singing scenes; but it all adds up to reduced screen time for better story development and focus on better-acted characters and story lines that are actually interesting.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/26/2012, 6:51 am

fantastica wrote:my brother got the last question and he said ‘ive been trying to give you a rose since last year but i never got to, so here’s a virtual one’ and like rows of girls aww’d really loud and chris’s eyes were super earnest when he grinned and when my brother threw the “virtual” rose chris pretended to be hit in the face by it and he went “ouch! but thank you” and my brother blushed ten thousand degrees
Haha, cutie!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2012, 12:30 pm

Can you clarify me something? Wasn't the whole idea of Glee imagine by Ian first and the he introduced it to Ryan?

I've always think is more important for Ryan to sell Itunes songs than have good actors and he was a total stupid when he thought he could change the original cast for a new one, he never thought people will become fond of these kids.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 4/26/2012, 12:49 pm

^Yes, it was originally Ian's idea. IIRC, Ian made a movie-screenplay but production-companies hated it-- it was a very dark comedy about a bunch of misfits and I'm not even sure if musical theater played a part-- until it caught Murphy and Falchuck's eyes and they gutted it to fit a TV-show format.

I think Murphy meant for Glee to be something like an American Idol, only I think originally he was more evenly divided in pushing people's acting-talents to the forfront as much as their singing. But then again acting-talent is certainly a lot more subjective (apparently) then singing-talent is. Tho, take The Glee Project's winners-- Samuel and Damian, who are objectively not the strongest singers out of the crop either.

So, I guess what I mean to say is, the mind of Murphy works in mysterious (and infuriating) ways.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/26/2012, 2:06 pm

E-ko wrote:^Yes, it was originally Ian's idea. IIRC, Ian made a movie-screenplay but production-companies hated it-- it was a very dark comedy about a bunch of misfits and I'm not even sure if musical theater played a part-- until it caught Murphy and Falchuck's eyes and they gutted it to fit a TV-show format.

I think Murphy meant for Glee to be something like an American Idol, only I think originally he was more evenly divided in pushing people's acting-talents to the forfront as much as their singing. But then again acting-talent is certainly a lot more subjective (apparently) then singing-talent is. Tho, take The Glee Project's winners-- Samuel and Damian, who are objectively not the strongest singers out of the crop either.

So, I guess what I mean to say is, the mind of Murphy works in mysterious (and infuriating) ways.

Murphy's mind has very crazy ideas. But for Glee he's not following the kind of show he originally wanted to make. If you watch Nip/Tuck or American Horror Story, you'd enjoy them more because he made the shows he originally wanted to make, and not get sidetracked like he did with Glee.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/26/2012, 4:28 pm

I bet Ryan Murphy hates having to cater to fans and media's wishes with Glee.

And let's not forget the networks' financial interests in the show.
Glee is very active commercially with the songs, the tours and t-shirts and stuff. Other series don't have that.
It is keeping the creators in a more tight grip than they would be in another show.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/26/2012, 6:22 pm

@ E-ko, thanks for your answer Smile

sahhar wrote:

Murphy's mind has very crazy ideas. But for Glee he's not following the kind of show he originally wanted to make. If you watch Nip/Tuck or American Horror Story, you'd enjoy them more because he made the shows he originally wanted to make, and not get sidetracked like he did with Glee.

First of all it wasn't his original idea at all, so what he's doing is take the original idea of someone else (IAN) and transformed into.. what the hell is he doing? As someone said he has no idea how to manage this ship, how to guide it.

Glorfindel wrote:I bet Ryan Murphy hates having to cater to fans and media's wishes with Glee.

And let's not forget the networks' financial interests in the show.
Glee is very active commercially with the songs, the tours and t-shirts and stuff. Other series don't have that.
It is keeping the creators in a more tight grip than they would be in another show.

EXACTLY. That why I think Fox decided to do next season because if Glee mantain the good sells that have now, it doesn't mattering the storyline.

@ Emile, thanks for those videos, I think I gonna download them to watch them in my bed :p
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 9:01 pm

such a beauty:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_m31os8MXH01qgfb58o4_r2_250

i love his butt chin.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/26/2012, 9:02 pm

fantastica wrote:such a beauty:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_m31os8MXH01qgfb58o4_r2_250

i love his butt chin.

Could you blame Chandler? wub .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 9:04 pm

if i were a boy i would have followed him everywhere I go. I would scheme to let blaine move back to dalton so I can have kurt all to myself. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/26/2012, 9:06 pm

fantastica wrote:if i were a boy i would have followed him everywhere I go. I would scheme to let blaine move back to dalton so I can have kurt all to myself. tonguue

I wish Chandler had done that, I would have rooted for him rooots .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/26/2012, 9:07 pm

I wish half of the gay bar did that... the half that's younger and more attractive. fanny2
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/27/2012, 2:09 am

Look at that face. Who wouldn't love that face? A strange thought occurs to me, maybe Chris isn't getting snubbed songs, but they are limiting his exposure. He is the only Glee person who needs a personal bodyguard, and I don't think it is just because of handsy teenboppers, there are crazy hateful people out there. May be he doesn't win so much, so those said crazy people won't have even more "reason" to want to hurt him. I swear, I'm only drinking tea right now.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/27/2012, 2:14 am

Divalicious wrote:Look at that face. Who wouldn't love that face? A strange thought occurs to me, maybe Chris isn't getting snubbed songs, but they are limiting his exposure. He is the only Glee person who needs a personal bodyguard, and I don't think it is just because of handsy teenboppers, there are crazy hateful people out there. May be he doesn't win so much, so those said crazy people won't have even more "reason" to want to hurt him. I swear, I'm only drinking tea right now.

This is exactly what I have been thinking. Maybe they thought by pulling back on Kurt that they would get rid of some of the crazies. Clearly it hasn't worked. I know he needs a bodyguard. Alot of celebrities do, but 4 at Apple and 4 plus on the red carpet. He had like 7 on tour during the shows. Something is going on that we clearly can only guess about, but none of it seems good.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 2:39 am

^ the show runners are not treating him like their son. he's just a employee. they are not pulling him back songwise because of personal safety issues. song distribution has a lot to do w/ what hte record label wants. that part of the business is an independant business enterprise and not an after thought. they are not going to give songs to singers who do not sell big time. capitalism is all about money.

in fact the opposite is true - the more "hot" a star is, the more they will want to feature him. crazy fans are never a hinderance to the decisions business executives make.

sorry to burst your bubble. :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/27/2012, 3:29 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_m34izqTLut1r84z8eo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 38 Tumblr_m320bpN9Tb1qm33moo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next