Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

+30
E-ko
paulopf
CCfan93
Coolbeans3131
sjonnepon
gleekout93
Glorfindel
Divalicious
Emile
Kurt Hummel
red texta
M&M
Catt24
Struck by Lightning
dap1217
Delight
ColferInspired
Ireth
arina
ColferGirl
emilynna
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
brisallie
tanita_mors
CloveGlee
mellama
Shinra17
fantastica
Jellyrolls
34 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

Post  tanita_mors 3/11/2012, 8:09 pm

Looking at the episodes so far, Chris should be lucky to get a nomination alone. He has 2 potentials so far : IAU and EMC. It all depends on the performances of the MF guys this year if 3 or all 4 of then will get in. Crayer has moved to lead this year, so it opens up spots for the guy from Parks and Rec, for maybe NPH again. Chris may still get in because Emmy's like to repeat themselves in nominations and wins, but he no longer has the buzz, he needs good material fast. He really needs a strong Kurt centric episode in the next 6-7 ones to even contemplate him as a true contender.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 8:29 pm

If SBL gets rave reviews at the festival, it can generate extra buzz for him (him as Chris colfer and not Kurt Hummel) and it would also add credibility of him as a solid actor. who knows it may help him when it's time for hte Emmy vote. Anyway if SBL does well it can only be good for his reputation and future careers. You never know.

On Golderby underneath that article you can see a ranking of all the potential nominees and Chris is still at #6, barely in but let's see how it goes. All I can say is if he doesn't get nominated I wouldn't be upset. There's absoltuely no way he will ever win an Emmy on this show. Since he's so young, he's got plenty of chances in the future on different shows. Maybe even an Oscar or two.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 3/11/2012, 9:12 pm

I'm totally excited for SBL, and I hope it does well, in terms of getting positive and/or critical acclaim for Chris as an actor and writer. Getting into the Tribeca film festival is not a trivial thing, and I hope that I'm able to go (I just can't afford the $250.00 Harrison package though).

In terms of Chris garnering an Emmy nomination, I'm not optimistic since the writing, and material has not been there for Chris or Kurt this season since the Glee writers have ADHD :angry:

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 9:17 pm

about the tribeca tickets, 250 is a lot of money and even if we split the package it's still many times more than a regular single ticket. I am going to wait til April 10 and see if we are lucky enough to have any tickets left. If there are, I hope we can both go (if nobody else on this board is able to go).

I am pretty certain it will be in theater either in the summer or fall. the sooner the better of course.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 3/11/2012, 9:29 pm

fantastica wrote:about the tribeca tickets, 250 is a lot of money and even if we split the package it's still many times more than a regular single ticket. I am going to wait til April 10 and see if we are lucky enough to have any tickets left. If there are, I hope we can both go (if nobody else on this board is able to go).

I am pretty certain it will be in theater either in the summer or fall. the sooner the better of course.

I'm going to take my chance waiting till April 10th as well, even though I'm tempted to use my Visa LOL!
Seriously, I think the film will have a release date in the summer/fall 2012, at least from what Brian Donnelly hinted in his tweets.

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 9:32 pm

If you don't have an Amex card, I can buy the ticket for you, as long as you promise to show up w/ the money. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 3/11/2012, 9:37 pm

I think it's possible Chris gets a nomination, but I'm sad to say it's not looking more likely than not right now. Could go either way. I really really hope he can get it though.

LOL though at actors from New Girl other than Zooey Deschanel being mentioned in that article. The Emmy's will look like a joke if they nominate any of the other series regulars from that show, TBH. Reminds me of a time when Amber was mentioned in a Supporting Actress article last year. And as far as The Big C goes I'd say John Benjamin Hickey might have just as good a shot as Oliver Platt, perhaps more going just on performances.

As for Max, someone was silly enough to submit him in Supporting last year, IDK what will happen this year. IDK about Mike either, it's not just dependent on series regular status/lack there of. But of course Jeff/Ricky will be submitted there, we'll see how far they get. I hope not to far; don't reward this show for the big names again. Gwyneth winning was bad enough IMO.
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 9:45 pm

I definitely don't the big name guest stars to win something while the regulars get absoltuely nothing. It sends a very bad msg to the TPTB and they might as well retire all the regulars and make Glee a variety show full of celebrity guest stars.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 3/11/2012, 9:51 pm

The only reason Melissa McCarthy had an edge over her other nominees and won at the emmys was because she had a recent hit film behind her. So that definitely plays a factor into winning an emmy. SBL will come out in the fall though, not before the emmys, so maybe it won't make much of a difference to Chris's chances, unless there's really strong buzz around him at that time of the year, which I really hope there is.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 3/11/2012, 9:53 pm

fantastica wrote:If you don't have an Amex card, I can buy the ticket for you, as long as you promise to show up w/ the money. tonguue

Thanks so much Kim, but I rather play it safe and wait till the 10th. But thanks girl moque

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 9:57 pm

that's what I meant. on the 10th of April. I can buy 2 tickets (if available still). one for you and one for me. you said you only had Visa. you would have to wait til 15th if you want to use Visa.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 3/11/2012, 10:02 pm

fantastica wrote:that's what I meant. on the 10th of April. I can buy 2 tickets (if available still). one for you and one for me. you said you only had Visa. you would have to wait til 15th if you want to use Visa.

Maybe it's because my 9 year old cat is driving me crazy right now, but I'm a little confused..If I were to wait till the 15th, would I still pay the $250 with the VISA?

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 10:05 pm

right now the are selling only packages, minimum 10 tix at $250 (only 4 tickets at the same screening so you will have to watch 6 other movies). STarting April 10 you can buy individual tickets but only w/ Amex card. Starting April 15th you can buy w/ other form of money. I don't think you will find any tickets by then. I am not even sure any will still be available by the 10th, but if it is, there's my offer. just let me know if you are interested when April 10 approaches.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 3/11/2012, 10:10 pm

fantastica wrote:right now the are selling only packages, minimum 10 tix at $250 (only 4 tickets at the same screening so you will have to watch 6 other movies). STarting April 10 you can buy individual tickets but only w/ Amex card. Starting April 15th you can buy w/ other form of money. I don't think you will find any tickets by then. I am not even sure any will still be available by the 10th, but if it is, there's my offer. just let me know if you are interested when April 10 approaches.

*breathing a sigh of relief* Okay, how about this (I didn't want to own anyone $250.00 LOL!). Is it possible to get the tickets, and we can meet up that day and see SBL together? That way you'd get your money and I get to enjoy SBL with a fellow Kurtsie/CC fan? banzai

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 10:12 pm

Starting with the Christmas episode, I think Chris has gotten some very good material to work with, and he has done a fantastic job on it, of course, and he definitely has quality episodes he can submit. But I agree with others that he doesn't have the buzz he had a year ago.

I love Modern Family, but I have to say that I am tired of seeing them dominate the nominations. I don't think all four of them need to be nominated every year. It also seems silly that every character on a show can be supporting.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/11/2012, 10:14 pm

Catt24 wrote:
fantastica wrote:right now the are selling only packages, minimum 10 tix at $250 (only 4 tickets at the same screening so you will have to watch 6 other movies). STarting April 10 you can buy individual tickets but only w/ Amex card. Starting April 15th you can buy w/ other form of money. I don't think you will find any tickets by then. I am not even sure any will still be available by the 10th, but if it is, there's my offer. just let me know if you are interested when April 10 approaches.

*breathing a sigh of relief* Okay, how about this (I didn't want to own anyone $250.00 LOL!). Is it possible to get the tickets, and we can meet up that day and see SBL together? That way you'd get your money and I get to enjoy SBL with a fellow Kurtsie/CC fan? banzai

Just so you have an idea of the cost, it looks like tickets will run $16 plus a $3.50 service charge. They may have matinees for cheaper.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 10:15 pm

Catt24 wrote:

sure! I will PM you hte day before to confrim it. Let's just pray to grilled chicken that tickets will be available still on April 10.

Last edited by fantastica on 3/11/2012, 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/11/2012, 10:18 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Just so you have an idea of the cost, it looks like tickets will run $16 plus a $3.50 service charge. They may have matinees for cheaper.
I can live 20 bucks ticket, not 250. ok there will be LIRR train tickets etc. but for a chance to meet a fellow Kurtsie it's well worth it. Besides my son is in the city for college and I can pay a visit to his (probably extremely messy) dorm room.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catt24 3/11/2012, 10:28 pm

fantastica wrote:
Catt24 wrote:

sure! I will PM you hte day before to confrim it. Let's just pray to grilled chicken that tickets will be available still on April 10.

I will pray to grilled chicken, goat, oxtail, fish for the tickets to be available that day. Plus, I'm excited meeting a fellow Chris fan as well Smile

Catt24
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/12/2012, 12:10 am

question: this version of Le Jazz Hot is not the same as the one filmed. In the show Kurt's hair is jelled back and he also wear a mustach on one side. what is this performance then:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 12 Tumblr_m0r0ax0FUn1qhv1yro1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/12/2012, 12:37 am

The above was from a media presentation and Q&A session with the cast.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/12/2012, 2:15 am

Struck by Lightning wrote:
As for Max, someone was silly enough to submit him in Supporting last year, IDK what will happen this year. IDK about Mike either, it's not just dependent on series regular status/lack there of. But of course Jeff/Ricky will be submitted there, we'll see how far they get. I hope not to far; don't reward this show for the big names again. Gwyneth winning was bad enough IMO.

Glee seems to have a better track record of Guest actors winning Emmys (Neil Patrick Harris, Gwyneth Paltrow) instead of its regular actors (Only Jane Lynch so far, right?). I suppose the part where the guest actor gets to showcase their singing abilities on the show helped in that regard.

Glee is such a strange hybrid of a show that winning the Emmys in the comedy category is a bit of a stretch (despite the possibility that the judges would appreciate the mainly dramatic material that Chris has to work with, instead of comedic). I'm all for Chris getting nominated again (and getting his acting talent recognized as it deserved), but wouldn't be too surprised or disappointed if it doesn't happen (because, let's face facts, Glee is not a very well-written show).

I'm wishing that he gets more success and recognition for his movie that's coming out, as it's a project that is more personal and dear to Chris.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/12/2012, 4:13 pm

OK, so I don't know why I'm finding this so funny, but I just saw some refer to Chris as Chris P. Colfer. And When you read that out like that, it's Crispy Colfer. Can we start calling him Crispy around here? hehe.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/12/2012, 4:20 pm

^ I rather have the opposite image about him, he makes me think about something really soft like a cuddly toy... Smile
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/12/2012, 6:09 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 12 Tumblr_m0shtktsVY1qzgro7o1_500

I wouldn't watch Jane Lynch host the opening of an envelope...
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next