Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

+30
E-ko
paulopf
CCfan93
Coolbeans3131
sjonnepon
gleekout93
Glorfindel
Divalicious
Emile
Kurt Hummel
red texta
M&M
Catt24
Struck by Lightning
dap1217
Delight
ColferInspired
Ireth
arina
ColferGirl
emilynna
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
brisallie
tanita_mors
CloveGlee
mellama
Shinra17
fantastica
Jellyrolls
34 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 12:47 am

^ well, that's it. his fans already know he loves diet coke. those who are curious about switching has already switched. He's already done the commercial for DC (i mean diet coke) w/o explicitly doing one. so there's no need for that explicit commercial. if he's more well known like brat pitt they will probably invite him for one, but not even brat pitt is doing it. some actors choose to stay away from commericals because they want to keep the image of being a serious artist, and don't want to publically endorsing any commercial products.

And not endorsing a commerical product maybe a good idea, especially if that product maybe associated w/ certain political positions. If Chris wants to endorse a product, I think milk will be a safer product because it's home grown agricultural product that's healthy and wholesome, and not some sort of junk food.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 12:48 am

Yeah, but it would earn him a lot of money - and since I don't imagine Glee is going to last past another season, all he can make now is to the good!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/7/2012, 12:49 am

I agree with Kim. We don't need Chris in a diet coke commercial.

And just for the record, I prefer diet Pepsi, and I will not switch to diet Coke because Chris drinks it Wink I drink diet coke when diet pepsi is not available, though I prefer coke zero to diet coke.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 12:56 am

I don't drink any of that crap - but I would love to see him in a commercial that would reach a lot more people than Glee or Prop 8. If Blarren knows one thing (altho he overdoes it) is that advertising oneself pays off and is part of the business. Get really popular and you will not need to do it any longer. I have an old commercial with George Clooney.

Put a can in that hand and you have a winner!!
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 9 Tumblr_m0hlgbMamr1qk3e9fo1_500

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 1:04 am

I don't know if dong commercial has any benefit to him career wise. sure people will notice him as the xyz guy (but I prefer people won't call him the coke guy), but so what? I didn't realize that the guy who did hte apple commercial is an actor already in some tv show. I just recognize him as the mac guy. It doesn't make me his fan on whatever tv show he's on.

Chris doesn't seem like someone who will do anything to make a buck (he probably would when he was in high school, but he's got a team now who plots out his career path for him and he seems concentrated on earning himself a reputation as a solid actor/artist, rather than some "hot shirtless hunk of the day" sort of thing.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 1:06 am

Carousel wrote:
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 9 Tumblr_m0hlgbMamr1qk3e9fo1_500
for that picture, it wouldn't be a can of soft drink. It would be a glass of wine or something. Consider that coke's commercials are geared toward the young and always sport a vibrant, energetic vibe, while htis photoshoot is just too serene.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 1:23 am

the latest diet coke commercial has Sophia whats her name from Modern Family - a lot older than Chris. Commercials are here today gone tomorrow. If it makes him a passel of money to get him thru some lean times, I am all for it.

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/7/2012, 1:28 am

Carousel wrote:well, let's do it this summer!!!!
He will be too busy this Summer :(

fantastica wrote:
Carousel wrote:
for that picture, it wouldn't be a can of soft drink. It would be a glass of wine or something. Consider that coke's commercials are geared toward the young and always sport a vibrant, energetic vibe, while htis photoshoot is just too serene.

Agree Smile

Actually I was thinking in sth more refresh and daily day because diet coke is supposed to be drank everyday by young people who want to keep their weigh lol
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 9 Tumblr_lis469CS5J1qc11o5

You know, when i was searching this pic I found one with the words Diet Coke written on it but I'm against promote any brand without receive something in change- like money.

PS: Carousel are you talking about Sofia Vergara? Umm probably they thought she's a good attraction to get young male audience.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 1:29 am

I don't think Chris needs money now. He doens't buy coke (i mean the real deal) and he does't spend like crazy. if his book sells well he will get plenty of loyalties. There's also his movie... gosh please grilled cheesuz we need to hear news about distributorship soon!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 3/7/2012, 1:30 am

fantastica wrote:I don't know if dong commercial has any benefit to him career wise. sure people will notice him as the xyz guy (but I prefer people won't call him the coke guy), but so what? I didn't realize that the guy who did hte apple commercial is an actor already in some tv show. I just recognize him as the mac guy. It doesn't make me his fan on whatever tv show he's on.

Chris doesn't seem like someone who will do anything to make a buck (he probably would when he was in high school, but he's got a team now who plots out his career path for him and he seems concentrated on earning himself a reputation as a solid actor/artist, rather than some "hot shirtless hunk of the day" sort of thing.

Ditto!!!

I have zero interests in seeing him on other people MTV or silly commercials or teen mags covers or any unserious mags covers.
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 1:32 am

^ true. many actor who goes the teen idol route disappears very quickly, because teens have limited attention span and when a new hottie come out they quickly forget you and move on.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 1:39 am

If you don't keep your face in front of the public - you are more easily forgotten. It is easy for us to take the high road, but this guy has a house to keep up, as well as a car, transportation costs, staff costs, and just plain living costs. It doesn't take a lot to eat up savings. And books don't bring in a lot unless they are best sellers, and I don't think his movie will be quite that either, altho I'm praying it does well. Now if Rob Reiner would ask him to star in a movie, or Dustin Lance Black would write something for him, or Clooney would decide he needs him pronto, but I can wish for the moon. The reality is a commercial that you are paid well for is just a bonus.

Back to top Go down

Post  dap1217 3/7/2012, 1:45 am

Carousel wrote:If you don't keep your face in front of the public - you are more easily forgotten. It is easy for us to take the high road, but this guy has a house to keep up, as well as a car, transportation costs, staff costs, and just plain living costs. It doesn't take a lot to eat up savings. And books don't bring in a lot unless they are best sellers, and I don't think his movie will be quite that either, altho I'm praying it does well. Now if Rob Reiner would ask him to star in a movie, or Dustin Lance Black would write something for him, or Clooney would decide he needs him pronto, but I can wish for the moon. The reality is a commercial that you are paid well for is just a bonus.

That's why he needs to stay on glee for making money.
Sigh,sometimes I think our fans who hate the show should build some fund to free Chris,but then I guess that need a lot of money.But I can dream,right?
dap1217
dap1217
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 1:51 am

Honestly, unless things change, I will be surprised if Glee goes beyond season 4. I hope it does, because I do not want to free Chris, and I don't think he wants to be free. He loves doing it and gets other ides from working on it. But I don't have a lot of hope, and I can't see Ryan being all the involved when he has 2 TV shows and 2 movies he is working on.

And because I am shallow - this from Porcelain Fans:
On the other hand, on a totally shallow note, I can imagine a slowmo shot of him getting out of a pool, water dripping down his chest, as he reaches for a refreshing Diet Coke -- and it's a really nice picture. *___*

Last edited by Carousel on 3/7/2012, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 2:00 am

actually whenever we say "free chris" we mean "free us from this show", because we are stuck here because of chris. chris himself doens't want to go. he was genuinely pissed in the summer when he heard that he was let go. as long as he's on glee he won't be short of money. He makes 2 million from this show and his house is modest and he is a not a big spender. He is not about to starve soon.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/7/2012, 2:00 am

It's impossible to be a serious actor and at the same time appear in a commercial??? Personally I don't think is bad to be in a cm (commercial) , at least at the beginning of your career because then you will be settle down in this business and won't need those things.

By other side, I'm also praying that Chris's book and movie be a success :D

Carousel , sadly I'm agree with you. I have said before that I don't see Glee beyond season 4 and hopefully season 5.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 2:07 am

He pretty much endorses it for free. He might as well get paid for it. He doesn't even need to do a commercial, they can simply pay him to put his face on the can.

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 2:12 am

yes you can be a serious actor and appear in a commercial too, but it's not just a money decision. you also want to think about whether you want your image to be associated w/ that particular product.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 2:14 am

Carousel wrote:He pretty much endorses it for free. He might as well get paid for it. He doesn't even need to do a commercial, they can simply pay him to put his face on the can.
naaa... it cheapens his image.
personally I hate coke. any form of it. diet cook is also bad for you. I resent any liquid w/ no nutritional value that comes in a can or bottle.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/7/2012, 2:15 am

Carousel wrote:He pretty much endorses it for free. He might as well get paid for it. He doesn't even need to do a commercial, they can simply pay him to put his face on the can.

That's right :D brands pay to celebrities to put their face or only name in their products, he doesn't even need to shoot anything, but I wouldn't mind to see a commercial like this one:

Carousel wrote:
And because I am shallow - this from Porcelain Fans:
On the other hand, on a totally shallow note, I can imagine a slowmo shot of him getting out of a pool, water dripping down his chest, as he reaches for a refreshing Diet Coke -- and it's a really nice picture. *___*

However, Isn't the typical commercial where the handsome guy is shirtless holding a cool diet coke -or any soda- on his hand? lol

PS: Fantastica, Are you an organic girl?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/7/2012, 2:20 am

yes I am 100% organic. Do you know anybody who is inorganic (like metalic)?? Razz

seriously i try to eat organic as possible. I am health nut. I drink milk and nut milks, but mostly just clean filtered water. I raised my children on sugar-free diets. they don't drink soda or sugary stuff and they don't eat pies, cakes, cookies or desert. We have brocoli sprouting out of our hair. We are a family of freaks! Razz

p.s. yay! i just hit my 600th post! 90% of them are probably useless babbles.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 3/7/2012, 6:16 am

Well, I'm big regular coke drinker. We don't have Diet Coke here, we have Coca Cola Zero - I think it's basically the same thing. And it tastes even more artificial then the regular Coca Cola, so no commercial is going to make me switch.

So as far as I'm concerned, if he wants to make a commercial for the big cash, he should. The economy is on shaky legs as it is, and he is young and fairly popular. His fans already know about his love for the drink and it's aimed at younger crowed as it is. And look at the way that DC is reaching out to him for contact, I don't think they would be adverse to him promoting it in some way and getting a nice compensation for it. They way I see it, they are interested. The only variable is weather or not Chris and his team want to do it. It's his call more then theirs IMO.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 6:19 am

If they want him, all they have to do is offer his agent a contract and it goes from there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/7/2012, 6:54 am

brisallie wrote:It's impossible to be a serious actor and at the same time appear in a commercial???
Well, it depends on the kind of commercial but usually, my first reaction when I see a new commercial with an artist in it, I'm like "oh I didn't know he/she was in such a loss of momentum" lol.

fantastica wrote:yes I am 100% organic. Do you know anybody who is inorganic (like metalic)?? Razz
Yeah, I know people who are partially or figuratively inorganic Smile

arina wrote:Does anyone know if there is any way how to download the subtitles for "8"?
Does it even exist?
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3/7/2012, 7:07 am

Shinra17 wrote:
brisallie wrote:It's impossible to be a serious actor and at the same time appear in a commercial???
Well, it depends on the kind of commercial but usually, my first reaction when I see a new commercial with an artist in it, I'm like "oh I didn't know he/she was in such a loss of momentum" lol.

That use to be true a while back, but not so much anymore. They found they could make a lot of money doing them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next