Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

+33
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
zuppid
Sani
indiaskye
sjonnepon
M&M
coxfire
Piciollina
Adamina
bayth
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
MissSoniaPP
tamara04
Ranwing
ladydianab
valkeakuulas
sheny
tanita_mors
BlueJazz
dap1217
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Delight
Jellyrolls
arina
brisallie
Glorfindel
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  Glorfindel 1/7/2013, 9:42 pm

Another interview:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  zuppid 1/8/2013, 3:18 am

I like Lea and Chris as friends!They share interest for a lot of stuff and I like the candids of the two of them together....I can't really think of anything else since I have no idea of Chris persona life Smile
zuppid
zuppid
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/8/2013, 4:54 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Tumblr_mga2kc7xcv1qe476yo1_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/8/2013, 5:03 am

It's little strange choosing Chris' friendship because in reality we know almost nothing about them..but OK. In the beginning of Glee Chris seemed really close with Amber, Kevin and Jenna. I think they were cast on the same day and were first people they knew from the cast and also think they were living in the same building for a while later. And seeing pictures and interviews of them together is kind of nostalgic because it reminds me early days of Glee, the Glee I loved. And they were just still not very known kids promoting the show they were hoping its's going to have success back then... So I choosing the group of Amber, Jenna and Kevin.

And I also love Chris's relationship with his publicists, because they don't seem to see him just as client, they really seem to adore him and Chris seems to have very friendly relationship with them.

And of course there's never enough of Chris and Cory together Smile
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/8/2013, 8:14 am

Day 7) Your favorite Chris outfit

I like him in checkered shirts.....
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Chris+Colfer
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Chris+Colfer+Premiere+Screening+FX+American+Z4stwGKHS8El

.....or a leather jacket:
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Chris-Colfer-His-Oprah-Winfrey-Obsession-Lopez-Tonight
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Chris-colfer-lightning

Or even better, a combination of both:
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 ChrisColfer_TCAParty
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Lea-michele-dianna-agron-kiss-chris-colfer-11
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/8/2013, 8:52 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Tumblr_mga3f7Kegi1qkdlvqo1_250 Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Tumblr_mga3f7Kegi1qkdlvqo2_250
Still looks the same. Smile
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/8/2013, 9:09 am

Day 8) Favorite Chris Friendship

Jane Lynch.
I'm grateful that she befriended Chris and took him under her wing a bit when he first came to L.A. She always speaks highly of him and it's clear he admires and adores her.
Chris has called her his "fun" or "favorite aunt" a couple of times. wub

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Chris-jane

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 17736_cv Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 17735_cv

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 _48301403_jex_746232_de27-1

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 0

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Golden-globe-awards-winners_zps10cd5cf6

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 4783592507_c912585b38

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Jane+Lynch+Chris+Colfer+Fox+Glee+Sing+Long+Yjgop3DKC52l
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/8/2013, 11:40 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Tumblr_mgb9ws0Pk91rk63wco1_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/8/2013, 11:51 am

Glorfindel wrote:Day 7) Your favorite Chris outfit

I like him in checkered shirts.....

.....or a leather jacket...

Or even better, a combination of both:

Now that you're mentioning your favorite Chris outfit, it seems that both checkered shirts and leather jackets are his trademark Smile. I'd add his vests too, but he haven't worn them lately.

Amber Riley.

Since the series started it was clear what a good chemistry they have, actually is because of their friendship that I'd like to see more of Kurtcedes, though I have to admit that Amber is not the most strong actress but she's an amazing singer.

Going back to the friendship, I've noticed that despite the fact they don't spend so much time together or are busy with their stuff, Amber and Chris support each other. Besides of Ashley, she was the other person who's publicly known to be Chris's friend, that went to Tribeca back then in April, and months later when he had the opportunity he went to see her show. Love Ebony and Ivory.

P.S Also I like his friendship with people like Jane Lynch and his "girl" Kristin Chenoweth.

sheny wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Tumblr_mgb9ws0Pk91rk63wco1_1280

That pic looks professional, like it were a photoshoot lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/8/2013, 12:12 pm

brisallie wrote:

sheny wrote:Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Tumblr_mgb9ws0Pk91rk63wco1_1280

Probably semi-professional. They probably arranged for Chris to have a private one on one with the mouse--they don't normally have the characters do a meet and greet on the grass in Disney parks.

I wonder where this picture came from, though, as clearly it's definitely not a candid shot someone took from nearby.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/8/2013, 12:24 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Tumblr_mgbbv1kqNx1qe476yo1_1280
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/8/2013, 12:26 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
brisallie wrote:

Probably semi-professional. They probably arranged for Chris to have a private one on one with the mouse--they don't normally have the characters do a meet and greet on the grass in Disney parks.

I wonder where this picture came from, though, as clearly it's definitely not a candid shot someone took from nearby.

The photo is from this guy's twitter Davy V I think he works there.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/8/2013, 1:09 pm

Do have to say that even with the hat with the mouse ears, Chris's outfit that day was absolutely smoking! He might joke about having strictly Walmart tasts compared to Kurt, but our boy has learned how to dress.

He looked like he was having an absolute blast that day. I don't blame him. I'm old enough to be his... very hot, sexy aunt and I still love going to anything Disney.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/8/2013, 1:38 pm

Chris Colfer, ‘Struck By Lightning’ Writer & Star, On Facing Those Who Don’t Take Him Seriously

Chris Colfer is much more than just Kurt from “Glee.” The 22-year-old star is a New York Times best-selling author, who also wrote, produced and stars in the new indie coming-of-age comedy “Struck by Lightning.” As Colfer told HuffPost Entertainment, he would have directed the film too, if time and preconceived notions weren’t a factor.

Based on his own high school experiences, “Struck by Lightning” follows a California teen named Carson (Colfer), who dreams of going to Northwestern and becoming a journalist. The problem? Carson dies in the film’s opening scene after being struck by lightning. “Struck by Lightning” details how Carson tried to make his dream come true with humor, pathos and a healthy dose of 2012 breakout star Rebel Wilson. (She plays Colfer’s onscreen sidekick.)

Colfer spoke to HuffPost Entertainment about writing “Struck by Lightning,” why people don’t give him credit for his work, and whether he’d want to write an episode of “Glee.”

At what point did you realize this screenplay could actually work as a movie?
Probably when I was in high school and I was going through all the circumstances Carson was going through. The agony of applying to college; I was running the writers club at my high school. It was just a disaster. It was so hard to get things done and inspire kids to write. I thought, “This would be a great movie. I’m tired of seeing movies about jocks and cheerleaders and people who want to be them. I’d rather see a movie about someone dealing with the crap I’m dealing with now.”

Did making this film independent of major studios allow you to keep the story as close to the original vision as possible?
Absolutely. Early on there were options to go [the studio] route. But I knew that had I just sold the script to a big company, it would not have been what it is now. It would have turned into the story of how Carson Phillips lost his virginity and I would not be playing Carson. I’m very glad we went the indie route because we were able to tell the story we wanted to tell.

Did you give any thought to directing this yourself?
We shot it when I was 20 or 21, and I didn’t know if I could be a director or if anyone would take me seriously. I’m already writing and starring in it. Before we started filming it, I had gotten off a plane from the “Glee” tour. I didn’t even have time to plan the movie like a director needs. So I just told myself that I needed to find someone who shared the same vision as me. Luckily that was Brian Dannelly. It was such a gift to find him. I’ve always been a huge fan; I’m a huge fan of “Weeds” and “Saved!” and the fact that he was remotely interested was amazing.

You mentioned the worry about people not taking you seriously as a director. Did you have that trouble when you were shopping the screenplay?
People still don’t take me seriously as a writer or screenwriter. Everyone just assumes the kid from “Glee” has people writing for him. Which is not the case. I promise the world that I’ve written every single word of anything that I’ve ever been credited as a writer.

People really don’t think you wrote the things you’re credited with?
Oh, yeah. Absolutely! It’s funny because when you come from a franchise, like “Glee,” I feel like people have that much more reason to want to doubt you. So, I’m still having a hard time having people take me seriously. It drives me nuts when I see people that are like, “Oh, yeah, I’m sure he wrote a book. But he didn’t really ‘write’ it.” But yeah, I did! I don’t know why people find that so hard to believe.

Would you ever want to write a “Glee” episode?
It’s definitely crossed my mind and others’ minds. I don’t know if I would ever feel comfortable writing for “Glee.” They’re not my characters; they’re not my world. Unless it was a complete fantasy episode where I could alter the whole universe and it didn’t matter what I wrote for each character because it was a fantasy. That I might be inclined to do. But, for the most part, those are Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan’s characters. That’s their world, it’s not mine. It’s kind of like going to someone’s house and rearranging their furniture.
Huffington Post

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/8/2013, 1:42 pm

Ranwing wrote:Do have to say that even with the hat with the mouse ears, Chris's outfit that day was absolutely smoking! He might joke about having strictly Walmart tasts compared to Kurt, but our boy has learned how to dress.

He looked like he was having an absolute blast that day. I don't blame him. I'm old enough to be his... very hot, sexy aunt and I still love going to anything Disney.

I am old enough to be his fun favorite aunt, and I love anything Disney, too. I have been to Disney World almost 40 times, Disneyland three times, and Disneyland Paris for the first time this past April. I love seeing pictures of Chris having fun at Disney parks.

I even had to change my avatar to the picture of Chris and Mickey. How could I not when two of my favorite things in the universe collided?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/8/2013, 4:27 pm

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/8/2013, 6:23 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 29 Tumblr_mgbrpeQSON1qe476yo1_500

And yet another interview! bounce
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/8/2013, 6:40 pm

Shesh... are they going to give this kid a chance to sleep?

But it's really amazing just how many people want him on their shows. And these are the prestige shows that celebs and politicians have to fight to get onto so more evidence that Chris's star is very much on the rise.

Man, my DVR is going to be getting a serious workout over the next few weeks! panik
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/8/2013, 7:41 pm

You can vote for 'Being Alive' as favorite Glee song on the Glee facebook page: link!

banzai
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/8/2013, 10:59 pm

Don't forget. The People's Choice Awards are tomorrow night.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/8/2013, 11:43 pm

larry king? he's still alive? which channel is he on? i thought he retired for good.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/9/2013, 12:52 am

I'm having difficulty catching up with the flood of SBL promotional interviews, articles and videos that are coming through. Thanks, sheny, arina and Glorfindel, for updating this thread with the goodies so regularly neutre

I'm also quite behind with this 30 days of Chris/Kurt questions that we have going. For now, I'll leave aside the questions requiring me to post photos or gifs, because the library of CC/KH photos I have stored on my hard drive is really quite small and pathetic, and google can be limited when it comes to photo hunting.

Day 5 - Favorite Kurt Storyline Overall In All Seasons

As ColferGirl had elaborated so nicely, it is the growth of Kurt Hummel over the seasons rather than one particular story arc that has endeared many people to him (myself included)

However, if I'm hard-pressed to choose just one storyline, it'll have to be Preggers. It's funny, delightful, triumphant and touching, how Kurt managed to humble the entire football team, teach them Single Ladies, win the game and come out formally to his dad.

Day 6) Favorite Kurt/Burt moment

The Sex Talk. A large part because it's not so deliberately crafted to jerk the heart strings of the audience. Most of the Kurt/Burt scenes tend to have a watery-eyed Kurt on the verge of tears in them, and it's nice to see him have a conversation with his dad when he's not too emotional (comically embarrassed and awkward and uncomfortable as heck, yes, but not emotional)

A close second would be the hospital scene where Kurt gripped Burt's hand and declared that he's not going anywhere. I don't know why, but that scene really moved me. It's not even Kurt's sadness that got to me, but more the portrayal of this gay son, who clearly loves his dad and is so protective of him; and no one is able to question that love and that bond between father and son. I can't imagine any parent watching that scene and still being cold-hearted enough to disown heir child because of their sexual orientation.

I also like Chris and Jane's friendship.

Mainly because of this video:

The Jane and Chris hug at 7.15 is very heart-warming.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/9/2013, 2:31 am

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/9/2013, 3:24 am

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/9/2013, 1:30 pm

Glee's Chris Colfer on youthful ambition and his new film, Struck by Lightning
By Bree Davies Wed., Jan. 9 2013

Best known for his Golden Globe-winning work as Kurt Hummel on Glee, Chris Colfer is a 22-year-old who has consistently delivered on his own high ambitions. Author of a New York Times bestseller, the barely-into-adulthood Colfer is also a screenwriter whose first film, Struck by Lightning, opens at the Sie FilmCenter this Friday, January 11.

Showcasing his talents on both sides of the camera iun this movie, Colfer stars as Carson Phillips, an anxious teenage writer who will stop at nothing to get his fellow classmates to contribute to his grandiose plan of being accepted into his dream college. In advance of the film's opening, Colfer spoke with Westword about what it takes to be the kid with the most cake.

Westword: How much, if any, is Struck by Lightning based on your own life?

Chris Colfer: It's not as autobiographical as people think. I was a very ambitious kid; I was president of the writer's club and it was a disaster. It was so hard to get people to submit writing for the writer's club because kids never want to write unless they have to these days. That's about the only element that is true.
I was very close to my grandmother as well, but my home life was very, very different. My parents are still married, I have a sister, and my grandmother doesn't have Alzheimer's.

High school kids obviously make up much of the audience for the work that you do. What do you hope they get out of this story in particular?
Hopefully it will inspire aspiration. There are so many kids out there with goals and dreams and they have no confidence in themselves that it could happen. I hope that by seeing this movie they will somehow be inspired to pursue what they thought was impossible previously.

As a person who has achieved so much at a young age, what is your advice to younger people interested in writing or acting or things along those lines? What helped to move you forward?
I think the belief and the drive of knowing that there was nothing else that I wanted to do -- fully believing it could happen with every fiber of your being. Not giving up; that's the biggest. There are so many things that can discourage you. Although you might be intimidated by other people, just always know that every person is unique.
It doesn't matter how intimidated you are by those other people; you always bring something different.

What are you working on at the moment, writing-wise?
I'm working on the sequel to my first novel, The Land of Stories, right now. As soon as that is done, I have a list of screenplays and what-not that I have to start working on as well. I have a lot of projects in the works.

http://blogs.westword.com

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next