Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SBL Tribeca Premiere

+17
Glorfindel
dap1217
apositivefly
Ireth
tanita_mors
brisallie
sahhar
happydays
ColferGirl
Delight
paulopf
Emile
red texta
arina
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
Shinra17
21 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Empty Re: SBL Tribeca Premiere

Post  sahhar 4/21/2012, 10:48 pm

Emma said she's fan of his movie. Emma Watson said she's a fan of Chris Colfer's work. I'm watching a Harry Potter movie tonight. This is such a great day. bounce

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/21/2012, 10:52 pm

sahhar wrote:Emma said she's fan of his movie. Emma Watson said she's a fan of Chris Colfer's work. I'm watching a Harry Potter movie tonight. This is such a great day. bounce
Razz

btw, it's nearly 4.00 am here, so sweet dream to me and see everybody tomorrow for (probably) the first reviews panik
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/21/2012, 10:54 pm

Shinra17 wrote: btw, it's nearly 4.00 am here, so sweet dream to me and see everybody tomorrow for (probably) the first reviews panik

Sweet dreams! Here, soon it'll be time for a few glasses of wine. baibai
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/21/2012, 11:29 pm

Hi all.

I'm back in my hotel room after seeing the premeire. Sorry not to get back to post sooner, but I gabbed with Kim and Catt24 for a while, and then went in search of food.

Anyways, being at the premiere was an amazing experience. We saw Chris' red carpet arrival. I was standing about two feet from Chris as he walked down the line signing autographs. He was all happy and signing, and I think he would have said something to everyone in line if he had the time. Chris was two people away from me and I had a picture out ready for him to sign, and his people made him turn away. So close :(

Brian Dallaney was linger around as we walked into the theatre. I smiled at him, and said, "We are so excited for this," and he thanked me.

We were probably about 150 people back from the start of the line. We were sitting about five rows from the screen directly in front of Chris and Brian when they came out to introduce the movie. We were sitting behind the Hugs4Chris ladies on twitter (who got a hug from Chris tonight). Chris seemed so happy and nervous. I even caught him with that "Is this really happening to me" look that he gets at big events.

As you already know, Ashley and Amber was there. It was great to see that they were both there to support Chris, especially Amber since I didn't realize she would be there. Someone said his dad was there as well, and that black woman who often shows up in pictures with him was there as well (sorry, I have no clue who she is).

There were a lot of Darren stans there--people yammering about Darren in line, people wearing pink sunglasses, people who yammered about Star Kid, people who screamed at the sight of Lauren Lopez from Starkid's name during the credits. We had a group of Darren stans behind us in line, and if I had a dollar for every time I heard them say Darren while we were in line, I would be rich. I know way more about Darren than I care to know after standing in front of them in line for two hours.

And yes, the movie got a standing ovation. People cheered really loudly when Chris' name appeared as writer, and then as producer as well.

I didn't realize that Emma Watson was there until after the fact, but how cool is that?

I took some pictures. Depending on how good the internet is at the hotel, I'll try to post some tonight, but if it's slow, I may wait until tomorrow when I get home. I'm sure you'll find plenty of stuff all over tumblr, though.

I'll talk about the movie itself on the spoiler thread--I'm not going to give too much away, but I will post it there for people who want to hear nothing about the movie.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/21/2012, 11:34 pm

Oh, well, the "going straight cause she's so hot" is an hyperbole, not an actual possibility, at least in my case. But I do like to look at her.

It's perfectly understandable that you're excited to see her there and that you want a pic of them together, since she's a celebrity you admire. I mean, if, for instance, Pana Hema Taylor had been there, I would be flailing and demanding them to make out wishing they would interact. But, like you, I would always keep in mind that this is all about Chris.

I know what you meant Paulo but is still funny to hear that Razz Is like I'd say " I went lesbian for.." hahaha and you know I had to google and why you didn't introduce me before Pana Hema Taylor? He has those male features that I like in a boy but we're agreed that if we had been in the SBL premiere- oh my I think about that again and I wanna cry- we had to be focused on Chris. BTW did you listen the Q&A? it is me or most of the questions were for Chris?

brisallie wrote: Paulo, the best definiton in spanish could be "macho cabrío" hahahaha

Macho cabrío. I like that! Paulo es un macho cabrío. LMAO! Sounds nasty, powerful and hot.

dryy That nick increased you self-esteem so I should pick another one humhum ... kidding lol

sahhar wrote:Emma said she's fan of his movie. Emma Watson said she's a fan of Chris Colfer's work. I'm watching a Harry Potter movie tonight. This is such a great day. bounce

I KNOW! I'm overfangirling for that! Besides the "You look so familiar" makes laugh so hard Razz

ps: What HP are you watching?

@ Shinra, good night and see ya tomorrow with the news about SBL.

@ Jelly, Hello girl! I didn't expect to see you here until some hours :D I'm so happy you and the girls had a great time today and obviously I'm more happy about the fact you met Chris, Brian and everybody there and watched the movie too.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/22/2012, 12:29 am

The internet isn't cooperating for posting the pictures, so that is going to have to wait until I'm home.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/22/2012, 1:21 am

Following photos belong to
http://kukixsanban.tumblr.com/

SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2v2gcodUn1qaht1zo1_500
SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2v2wyCVb11qaht1zo1_500
SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2v34azoe81qaht1zo1_500
SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2v3i3ppK21qaht1zo1_500
SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2v3rgAlF21qaht1zo1_500
SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2v3wrOY3Y1qaht1zo1_500
SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2v4aqF16h1qaht1zo1_500
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/22/2012, 3:05 am

Signing autographs

arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/22/2012, 3:47 am

Gaaaah! Can't believe I missed the Chris Colfer Day party. Curse you, need to sleep! And Sunday morning church service! And need to cook and eat! Mad

Chris looked good on the red carpet! And also happy and nervous and excited. Love, love, love his pics with Amber. wub

Listening to the Q&A questions now... So the fans have come prepared with plenty of really long, difficult questions about the creativity and writing process and future aspirations. No shallow questions and Glee-related questions, thank goodness. hapitgh Feel a bit bad about the rest of the cast who were being neglected in favour of Chris... But I don't feel too bad, because I'm first and foremost a Chris stan, and shamelessly so tonguue

There are so many photos, audio clips, interview clips and reviews to pore through right now. Once I get the chance to digest them all, I'll post more of my thoughts neutre

Hmm.. not sure whether I should venture into the spoilerish SBL thread. On one hand I want to wait until I watch the movie myself. On the other hand... I can't resist temptation! It might be months and months before it gets shown down under! I want to see for myself the raves and reviews SBL would be getting over the next few days. Surprise hit? Juno equivalent? So, so proud of Chris right now.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/22/2012, 6:24 am

AHHH! I missed all the exciting part!! So now I'm wandering all over the internet, and I love the movie reviews so far...at least the spoiler-free reviews. Don't know if I want to spoiler me all the movie. Maybe... mrgreen

Anyway Chris looked really good, and all the SBL crew/cast seem super nice, even if during the Q&A practically all the questions were for him. But honestly I don't care that much because I want to hear only him. Yes, cought.

Oh, there's a video of the full Q&A:

And I love that Ashley (well...she's everywhere Rolling Eyes ) and Amber were there!!

Ahh, it feels so good to wait for something involving Chris that is not Glee-related, so different. LOL.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 4/22/2012, 6:33 am

I'm so proud.

I have no words. This is a remarkable young man. wub
Whenever I should wonder why I, who has never been active online as a fan before, got to admiring and loving a young man I don't even know, I only have to remember this day and I will know exactly why.

Jan. 17th, 2011, Golden Globes: Chriscolferday #1.
April 12th, 2011, Time 100 most influencial: Chriscolferday #2.
April 21th, 2012, premiere SBL: Chriscolferday #3.

I have a new favorite holiday. neutre

Last edited by Glorfindel on 4/23/2012, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typed a 0 instead of a 1 and made a fool out of myself)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/22/2012, 6:54 am

SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2vdmfe5o41qau977o1_500

He has always this habit to not really lean his hand against the back of the person he is holding. Anyway, I'm happy Amber was there and not a lot of the cast like for the NYE premiere (although they were 99% male lol)
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/22/2012, 6:58 am

SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2v8jb6csV1qlb2fuo1_500
SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2v78pmVX21qf0x0qo1_500
SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2v11mdjJv1r2tx2go2_1280
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/22/2012, 7:04 am

More precise and accurate report of Emma Watson's question:

Emma Watson: Hi, this is a question for Roberto… As a producer and as an actor, you must read, like, thousands and thousands of scripts. I’m just wondering, if you could choose one thing when you read the script that really stood out as the reason that you felt that you had to make this movie, what would it be?

Roberto: Wow. Thank you for that essay. I think - I guess Chris is the answer to that. You read a script, and at the end of the day, what you really get from it is what the writer was hoping to achieve. And I think what Chris was hoping to achieve here - I know I’m not going to speak for you, I am going to speak for you - is that it’s all about the journey. And you see Carson, and you see his amazing journey and his goal, his dream is to get in to college, and he gets in but he never goes. So it’s kind of a horrible thing, but at the end you’re really happy. And you’re really happy because of this amazing journey, this amazing quest that he undertook, and obviously he did it blackmailing kids which is amazing. Yeah, I think you really respond to the writer and their passion, and obviously Chris has talent and intelligence and adjectives that could just keep going. But yeah, that’s probably the answer to your question.

Chris: [to Emma] You look so familiar! I must have seen you at the grocery store or something.

Emma: I’m a big fan of your movie. You’ll be seeing me at, like, every screening.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/22/2012, 7:04 am

I'm ecstatic and happy and proud that everything went so well. He deserves it. I think Chris is the first celebrity I have followed from the start of their carrier and it's unbelievable feeling to know I was there for every major event for him including this one. If one day he really became a mega star like George Clooney, Orson Wells, Marlon Brando and simular huge names, I'm gonna tear up knowing that I was there from the very begining.

Well done sir.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/22/2012, 7:10 am

SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2vbuk66LQ1qkfqli
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  happydays 4/22/2012, 7:14 am

SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2vjpwB1tu1qgfb58o1_250SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2vjpwB1tu1qgfb58o2_250

His face in the second picture... I mean, it's too much. I might just die already from all the beauty.
happydays
happydays
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  happydays 4/22/2012, 7:31 am

A standing ovation (well, we couldn't have expected anything less) and all the positive reviews (and more are yet to come), everything just makes me so happy that I'm here to experience it all and support this guy throughout his first steps in his, I'm sure, very long career. I believe he can change this world. With his bright mind and his healthy attitude I think there's a chance he'll be on the Times' most influential list again, maybe years from now. But for doing even bigger things than helping teens as a character from Glee. I believe in him so much and... just can't wait to see the movie!
Although I don't believe it will be shown in my country, it's just too small... I don't know what I'm gonna do then...
happydays
happydays
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/22/2012, 9:03 am

An attendee is sharing a set of over 400 HQ pictures they took at the premiere, as well as videos.

http://kurt-blaine.livejournal.com/4107768.html
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/22/2012, 10:12 am

SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2vtd6U6041qmeaglo2_500
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/22/2012, 10:23 am

Shinra17 wrote:More precise and accurate report of Emma Watson's question:

Chris: [to Emma] You look so familiar! I must have seen you at the grocery store or something.

Emma: I’m a big fan of your movie. You’ll be seeing me at, like, every screening.

Thanks for the transcript! I had a hard time making out the last question of the Q&A, and would've totally missed Chris's joke about grocery stores if some kind soul who attended the event hadn't transcribed the whole conversation.

I wonder if Emma knows Chris well enough to appreciate his brand of humour Razz (We all know he's a huge Harry Potter fan and watch all the movies with great anticipation; but I'm not sure if she knows that)

================
SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblrm2v2gcodun1qaht1z

^ His nervous gesture here, during the introduction of the movie, made him seem so human and vulnerable that I actually felt nervous on his behalf when I watched the video clip. Which is silly, I know, considering that I'm not watching something that is happening live.

Chris had poured his heart and soul into this project, and SBL is clearly a movie that means a lot to him. I'm really, really glad that the movie appears to be well-received. Standing ovation. Positive movie reviews. Emma Watson saying that she loves the movie... (and not to mention a whole bunch of other people too)

Now we'll just have to patiently wait for more reviews to trickle in...

@fantastica-- I'm still waiting for your review of other SBL reviews. Will be checking for your post in the spoiler-ish thread. No pressure whis
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/22/2012, 10:28 am

ColferInspired wrote:Apparently they were giving out diet coke after the movie.

SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2ut8mohUl1qcant6o1_500

And to complete the Diet Coke experience of the SBL premiere...

SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2umb1gPFl1qkjecyo1_500

As most people had joked about Chris and Diet coke being a one true pairing, here's an amusing pic posted by someone on p_f:

SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 S640x480

Razz
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/22/2012, 10:36 am

Emile wrote:

Oh, there's a video of the full Q&A:

And I love that Ashley (well...she's everywhere Rolling Eyes ) and Amber were there!!

Thanks for the link Emile, this's the better one neutre and you're so right about Ashley tonguue where's chris she's there hahahah well not always.

Glorfindel wrote:...

Jan. 17th, 2010, Golden Globes: Chriscolferday #1.
April 12th, 2011, Time 100 most influencial: Chriscolferday #2.
April 21th, 2012, premiere SBL: Chriscolferday #3.

I have a new favorite holiday. neutre

ohmy Too many days to celebrate! We have enough time to do it? I think we have Smile

Shinra17 wrote:

He has always this habit to not really lean his hand against the back of the person he is holding. Anyway, I'm happy Amber was there and not a lot of the cast like for the NYE premiere (although they were 99% male lol)

Maybe he's not someone very proxemic to people when's about to touch them, only in special circumstances like hugs or kissing in the cheek to say hello. humhum You know I thought Lea or Dianna was gonna be there but I'm glad Amber was the one who went at the end.

PS: I didn't know this boy Roberto was a producer too until Emma mentioned it huh

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/22/2012, 10:47 am

SBL Tribeca Premiere - Page 7 Tumblr_m2vunwB7jD1qbqtkso1_500
arina
arina
Bruce