Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3x20 "Props" & 3x21 "Nationals" Watch & Discussion thread

+21
E-ko
Georgette888
BlueJazz
Shinra17
Delight
fountain
happydays
Emile
valkeakuulas
arina
sheny
msjoanlucette
Heyerchick
brisallie
sahhar
fantastica
ColferInspired
Divalicious
paulopf
Dame Loli
Jellyrolls
25 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

3x20 "Props" & 3x21 "Nationals" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 3x20 "Props" & 3x21 "Nationals" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Delight 5/20/2012, 8:23 am

Ireth wrote:I was just wondering-last year's Nationals had all the finalists participate after which they ranked the top ten, right? So maybe there was something similar before the top three teams competed in the final round. And that means there is a missing performance where some of the other seniors got to shine? That's my headcanon anyway because this constant favouritism with everyone else sitting down and taking it is absurd.

Anyone here has any idea how the real national show choir competitions in the U.S. are like?

I think that it'd be expecting a bit much for each team to have 2-3 songs/performances prepared for the preliminary rounds, and also have 2-3 different songs/performances ready on the off chance that the team becomes one of the top ten finalists. When I participated in choir competitions in junior college (not in U.S.), each team sang only once, and only 2 songs-- one song is a competition piece (usually a newly composed song that is very challenging) that every participating team would have to sing, and the other would be a song of our own choice.

Sorry to burst your head canon bubble ooppss
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

3x20 "Props" & 3x21 "Nationals" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 3x20 "Props" & 3x21 "Nationals" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 5/20/2012, 8:24 am

never been in a choir. :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/20/2012, 8:27 am

^ You're not missing much, I assure you, so there's no need to look so sad Smile

My choir practices are nothing like what's on Glee. We sing the same songs over and over again for practice until you get quite bored with them tonguue . Also we don't dance or move around on stage. We just stand and sing.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/20/2012, 8:46 am

^ that's my understanding. I think the real life glee club can be quite boring. it's better to live in fantasy aka GLEE, thus we shouldn't be too hard on the show - it's fantasy after all! Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 5/20/2012, 9:45 am

Thanks for your reply, Delight. My head canon bubble wasn't particularly big anyway so bursting it is fine. And maybe I can still hold on to that fantasy as Glee is kind of a fantasy anyway Smile.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/20/2012, 9:57 am

Ireth wrote:Thanks for your reply, Delight. My head canon bubble wasn't particularly big anyway so bursting it is fine. And maybe I can still hold on to that fantasy as Glee is kind of a fantasy anyway Smile.

Glee is fantasy, no doubt about it. And according to Glee fantasy, Kurt had been getting a solo every week before his boyfriend transferred to McKinley. Rolling Eyes

So, we can make all the head canon we want. It's the only way to make sense of the illogical things that keep happening in this fantasy world.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/20/2012, 10:11 am

I know the topic has already moved on, but I stumbled upon this on tumblr and find it quite amusing:

3x20 "Props" & 3x21 "Nationals" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 8 Tumblr_m43dfh5Qwo1rpnaglo1_400

Source

However, I'm not sure whether RM is to be blamed for the Tina-hijacked-by-Rachel episode.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/20/2012, 11:54 am

There really is a sexism in Glee quite disturbing. Tina is portrayed as selfish and not a team player because she's not happy swaying behind Rachel.

And the whole NYADA thing played out as I suspected...Kurt was supposed to be happy with the bone of getting a private triumph in his audition so any personal ambition of singing at his last Glee performance was thrown out the window. How the show has neutered his personal drive and ambition is quite disturbing.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 5/20/2012, 3:07 pm

Ireth wrote:I was just wondering-last year's Nationals had all the finalists participate after which they ranked the top ten, right? So maybe there was something similar before the top three teams competed in the final round. And that means there is a missing performance where some of the other seniors got to shine? That's my headcanon anyway because this constant favouritism with everyone else sitting down and taking it is absurd.

Good point. Thanks, now my head is imagining lots of possibilities how Kurt shine during a previous performance which it wasn't shown dryy

Delight wrote:^ You're not missing much, I assure you, so there's no need to look so sad Smile

My choir practices are nothing like what's on Glee. We sing the same songs over and over again for practice until you get quite bored with them tonguue . Also we don't dance or move around on stage. We just stand and sing.

Isn't that how a typical choir works? Mine used to do the same but in Glee's world choirs sing different songs everyweek and dance around the stage to spice up the song. Actually do you remember the "Goblet ..." from episode 14, those wearing a medieval costume, they performed as a real choir usually does.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/20/2012, 8:05 pm

Yes that's why they were only on screen for less than 2 seconds
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 5/20/2012, 8:45 pm

brisallie wrote:
Isn't that how a typical choir works? Mine used to do the same but in Glee's world choirs sing different songs everyweek and dance around the stage to spice up the song. Actually do you remember the "Goblet ..." from episode 14, those wearing a medieval costume, they performed as a real choir usually does.

My niece and nephew were in both show choirs and straight singing choirs all through high school. Typically, they do a show in the fall, a show at Christmas, a show in the spring, and a song at graduation. The show choirs would learn about 3 songs in the fall and spring shows, maybe five for the Christmas show, and one for graduation. So, they would learn about 12 songs per year.

The straight choir would may have done one more song per show, but no more than 15 a year.

Of course, Glee has to do a lot more songs, because if would be pretty boring to watch the show if they had only 12 songs over the course of the season. And it also helps that Glee has so many excellent voices--most choirs I've seen have a lot of good voices, and two or three standouts.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8