Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Land of Stories Main Thread

+51
Kurt addict
mindschemez
JamieRulz
bayth
coxfire
Georgette888
ColdFlame96
Lottie2303
MoviesAreLife
mae55
zuppid
MissSoniaPP
sheny
Adamina
tamara04
Sani
Catt24
Ranwing
LeĆ²dhasachColfer
happydays
Buenos
Kurt Hummel
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
ladydianab
BlueJazz
fountain
valkeakuulas
kac
sahhar
CloveGlee
paulopf
emilynna
Divalicious
arina
Coolbeans3131
red texta
Emile
sjonnepon
Glorfindel
Rimbaux
dap1217
Delight
ColferGirl
brisallie
Ireth
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
Jellyrolls
fantastica
Shinra17
55 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  fantastica 7/2/2012, 10:32 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_m6ddivUBLE1qa9vrfo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Land of Stories Main Thread

Post  ColferInspired 7/2/2012, 11:57 pm

fantastica wrote:i think many fans are having the extremely unrealistic expectations of chris. They want him to get oscars when in movies, emmies when on TV, become JK Rowling when writing a book, Woody Allen when producing films. all of this is unrealistic for a yougn man w/ relative little experience. To be truly great in anything, one has to have raw talent, PLUS years of honing their crafts, along w/ added life experience through the years that enhence their understanding of the world and add to the complexity and depth of their creation. That's why most award winning author/actor/film maker/what have you are at least in their middle ages. Sure there are youngers but they are rare. Chris already has so many awards/noms plus exposure in many aspect of hte entertainment industry. he's ultra-successful in every sense. those fans who expect him to go to the moon and bring back aliens are just not living in the real world. teh sad thing is teh high expecation produces disappointment and leads to ranting/bitching in a very negative sense. GA is such an extreme example. In their eyes chris is either a god or a total failure. chris is not a god. He's a human being. He's an excellent human being given his age and experience. Those who are complaining about him shoudl perhaps comparing themselves to the fabulous Colfer instead. If they have half of Colfer's achievements at this age, I will take their words more seriously.

Wonderful post. The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 448518291

I just want to be entertained, whether it's a book or a movie. And both of these sound like they will be, his book and the movie. The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 1749997678

First off with the book what I have read of it, the chapters we got, I like his style. It isn't meant to be work of literary genuis, it's a children's book, these people need to remember that. I'm sure after he finishes this series of books he will probably start writing adult ones as he gets older and his writing matures even more.

It is not easy to write a first novel. Of course it will take awhile for him to reach that standard that other writers have they have written for years. But I'm sure it will become a much loved book that will around for years, that people will remember for years to come. The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/3/2012, 2:59 am

fantastica wrote:i think many fans are having the extremely unrealistic expectations of chris. They want him to get oscars when in movies, emmies when on TV, become JK Rowling when writing a book, Woody Allen when producing films. all of this is unrealistic for a yougn man w/ relative little experience. To be truly great in anything, one has to have raw talent, PLUS years of honing their crafts, along w/ added life experience through the years that enhence their understanding of the world and add to the complexity and depth of their creation. That's why most award winning author/actor/film maker/what have you are at least in their middle ages. Sure there are youngers but they are rare. Chris already has so many awards/noms plus exposure in many aspect of hte entertainment industry. he's ultra-successful in every sense. those fans who expect him to go to the moon and bring back aliens are just not living in the real world. teh sad thing is teh high expecation produces disappointment and leads to ranting/bitching in a very negative sense. GA is such an extreme example. In their eyes chris is either a god or a total failure. chris is not a god. He's a human being. He's an excellent human being given his age and experience. Those who are complaining about him shoudl perhaps comparing themselves to the fabulous Colfer instead. If they have half of Colfer's achievements at this age, I will take their words more seriously.

banzai Love your post. I have nothing to add to that.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/3/2012, 6:17 am

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 Applause

Great post, Kim rooots Honestly, I don't expect TLOS to be a piece mind-blowing literature. As long as it's has interesting, unexpected plot and keep me entertained, I'll probably have more respect for Chris since it's his first book after all.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/3/2012, 11:34 am

rooots

Isn't enought what this boy is doing now? He's only 22 and see how much he have done so still don't get it what some fans are expecting from him. Please let him to do his work step by step. Regarding the book, is the first one so I understand is not gonna be a masterpiece, actually and taking Chris's words, he's expecting as we fans we love and enjoy this book as much as he did it when he wrote it. Probably into five or ten years he gonna win an award for a book Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/3/2012, 4:48 pm

brisallie wrote:
rooots

Isn't enought what this boy is doing now? He's only 22 and see how much he have done so still don't get it what some fans are expecting from him. Please let him to do his work step by step. Regarding the book, is the first one so I understand is not gonna be a masterpiece, actually and taking Chris's words, he's expecting as we fans we love and enjoy this book as much as he did it when he wrote it. Probably into five or ten years he gonna win an award for a book Smile

I agree 100%.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/3/2012, 8:15 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_m6ltu6HVlI1qzznsgo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/6/2012, 8:01 am

For people who are going for the book signings (I remember Erin is one of them), please check this out:

What Chris Colfer fans must know before attending the starā€™s book signings
Thousands of Chris Colfer fans expect to meet the Glee star when his book tour for The Land Of Stories: The Wishing Spell begins on July 17, but some fans are in the dark about book signings and may be disappointed when they arrive at their chosen stop on the tour.
To prevent that from happening, Examiner called every location where Colfer is scheduled to appear. We found out which bookshops expect fans to pre-order The Land Of Stories and which expect fans to form a line outside the store at sunrise.
Fans should note that each signing will be speedy. Colfer will not read an excerpt of the book or pose for photos. This is according to many of the bookstores on Colferā€™s list, but fans can hope that the star might make some exceptions. If not, fans should bring a friend who can take really fast photos and snap a picture of Colfer signing their book.

July 17 - Bookends in Ridgewood, New Jersey
211 East Ridgewood Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450
Phone: 201-445-0726
Colferā€™s signing at Bookends is first come, first served. Doors will open around 8 a.m. and you must run in and buy The Land Of Stories: The Wishing Spell to reserve your spot in the signing.

July 18 - Barnes & Noble at Union Square in New York City
33 East 17th Street
New York, NY 10003
Phone: 212-253-0810
This signing is also first come, first served. Doors will open at 7 a.m. and the first few hundred people to buy Colferā€™s book will be granted an opportunity to have their book autographed.

July 19 - Andersonā€™s Bookshop in Naperville, Illinois
123 W Jefferson Ave
Naperville, IL
Phone: 630-355-2665
Anyone wishing to meet Colfer in Naperville on July 19 must call and pre-order his book to get a line number for the signing. The pre-order must be paid for over the phone.

July 20 - Barnes & Noble in Skokie, Illinois
55 Old Orchard Ctr
Skokie, IL
Phone: 847-676-2230
Fans visiting Colfer at Barnes & Noble in Skokie will also need to call and pre-order the book. This location does not plan to accept pre-orders until the week of the event.

July 21 - Barbaraā€™s Bookstore at Macyā€™s in Chicago, Illinois
111 N. State Street
Chicago, IL 60602
Phone: 312-781-3033
Doors open at 10am at Barbaraā€™s Bookstore inside of Macyā€™s in Chicago. The first 300 people to buy The Land Of Stories will be given access to the book signing. Barbaraā€™s is not offering any pre-order options.

July 24 - Copperfieldā€™s Books in Petaluma, California
140 Kentucky Street
Petaluma, CA 94952
Phone: 707-762-0563
Copperfieldā€™s recommends that fans call and pre-order the book over the phone. With each pre-ordered book will be a pass for Colferā€™s book signing. Pre-ordered copies of The Land Of Stories can be picked up any time between July 17 and the evening of the event. Anyone who did not pre-order the book will be treated as first come, first served. Copperfieldā€™s expects to allow between 400 and 500 people at the signing.

July 25 - Books Inc. in San Francisco, California
601 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA
Phone:415-776-1111
Books Inc. requires that all fans pre-order the book over the telephone. Along with the book will be a ticket for Colferā€™s signing in San Francisco. The Land Of Stories will cost around $18 at this stop on Colferā€™s tour. Doors for the event will open at 7 p.m..

July 26 - Barnes & Noble at The Grove in Los Angeles, California
189 The Grove Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Phone: 323-525-0270
Colferā€™s book signing at Barnes & Noble at The Grove in Los Angeles is based on first come, first served. Doors open at 9 a.m., and fans must purchase The Land Of Stories to attend the event.

July 27 - Mrs. Nelsonā€™s Toy and Book Shop in LaVerne, California
1030 Bonita Avenue
La Verne, CA 91750
Phone: 909-599-4558
Fans wishing to meet Colfer in LaVerne must pre-order the book either online, in-person or over the phone. Doors open for the signing at 7 p.m., and Mrs. Nelsonā€™s is planning for 600 fans to get Colferā€™s autograph.

July 28 - The Book Loft in Columbus, Ohio
631 South 3rd Street
Columbus, OH 43206
Phone: 614-464-1774
The Book Loft requires an over-the-phone pre-order to earn a ticket to Colferā€™s signing. The store had a power-outage recently and wonā€™t be accepting pre-orders for a few days.

July 29 - Books & Co. in Dayton, Ohio
The Greene Shopping Center
4453 Walnut Street
Dayton, OH 45440
Phone: 937-429-2169
Doors open at 8 a.m. and the event is first come, first served. Each receipt from the purchase of The Land Of Stories doubles as a ticket to the signing.

July 29 - Joseph-Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati, Ohio
2692 Madison Road
Cincinnati, OH 45208
Phone: 513-396-8960
Fans attending Colferā€™s stop in Cincinnati must call Joseph-Beth Booksellers and pre-order The Land Of Stories. After paying, buyers will receive a group letter letting them know what time their signing is.
If you found this list helpful, leave a comment below to let us know. For updates about the book tour and The Land Of Stories, follow @ColferExaminer on Twitter.
If youā€™re a die-hard fan of Colfer, also check out the Giant Book Of Chris Colfer Love..

Source

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 7/6/2012, 1:13 pm

^ Thank you for posting that, BlueJazz. neutre I didn't have any hopes of getting more than just Chris signing my book, but just getting to see him face-to-face and get that autograph is more than enough for me. I don't need a posed photo or a reading or any of that, and didn't expect it.

My bookstore (Books and Co. in Dayton) is one of the "first come, first served" ones. I hope I get there early enough. I'll camp outside the store the evening prior if I have to, like they do at BestBuy on Black Friday. tonguue

3 weeks and 2 days left until the 29th!!! Smile Smile
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/6/2012, 1:57 pm

It's good that someone has done that listing since lot of fans are quite young and might be afraid to ask themselves over the phone. Somehow I still have an inkling of doubt that some of those first-come first-serve places might not yet realise how to do the signings and how much people Chris Colfer's name might gather.

So approx. 400-600 people per venue, poor Chris' signing hand after that tour + the books he'll sign to be sold at the bookstores!

@ColferGirl: I would too find it enough to just meet him face to face and quickly thank him. I'm sure some people might panic or choke right at the moment, but do go to your calm place and take steady breaths as the line closes so that you won't faint. I'm sure you'll get in, I'll keep all my thumbs up for you. thumnup
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/8/2012, 11:38 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_m6v5lrpQHb1r3iucwo1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/8/2012, 11:46 pm

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_m6v9fyD3xJ1qhyhrso1_500
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/8/2012, 11:49 pm

From Heather's tumblr:

Hereā€™s a whoā€™s who of all the people Chris thanked in his book:

ā€Iā€™d like to thank my family, Rob Weisbach, Alvina Ling, Brandon Dorman, the Little, Brown team, Glenn Rigberg, Meredith Fine, Alla Plotkin, Erica Tarin, Ashley Fink, Pam Jackson, Jamie Greenberg, the cast and crew of Glee, and last but certainly not least, Hans Christian Andersen, and the Brothers Grimm.ā€

Rob Weisbach (Rob Weisbach Creative Management) ā€” Literary agent
Alvina Ling (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers) ā€” Editor
Brandon Dorman ā€” Illustrator
Glenn Rigberg (Inphenate) ā€” Chrisā€™ Manager (he also co-produced SBL)
Meredith Fine (Coast to Coast) ā€” Talent Agent
Alla Plotkin (ID) ā€” Publicist (main, NYC-based)
Erica Tarin (ID) ā€” Publicist (LA-based)
Pam Jackson (FOX) ā€” Director of Marketing, Promotion & Publicity of 20th Century Fox TV Distribution (You might recognize her as pjchip)
Jamie Greenberg ā€” Make-up artist
Hopefully everyone knows who Hans Christian Andersen and the Brothers Grimm are. The rest are pretty self-explanatory.

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_m6v43tVxoH1qkfqli
(Ashley, Erica, Chris, Pam and Meredith at the 8 Los Angeles reading)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/9/2012, 12:23 am

fantastica wrote:The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_m6v9fyD3xJ1qhyhrso1_500

So an entire show JUST with Chris? Andy Cohen is sometimes irritating, but we'll get Chris all by himself. wub The show format is not that favorable towards books though, I wonder if Fox, Little Brown or his own people organised this. I know Cohens got a soft spot for Chris so this works for me if someone (pretty sure) will capture it for us non US people.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 7/9/2012, 12:11 pm

ColferGirl wrote:^ Thank you for posting that, BlueJazz. neutre I didn't have any hopes of getting more than just Chris signing my book, but just getting to see him face-to-face and get that autograph is more than enough for me. I don't need a posed photo or a reading or any of that, and didn't expect it.

My bookstore (Books and Co. in Dayton) is one of the "first come, first served" ones. I hope I get there early enough. I'll camp outside the store the evening prior if I have to, like they do at BestBuy on Black Friday. tonguue

3 weeks and 2 days left until the 29th!!! Smile Smile

I'm just wondering.... if you're going to the one in Dayton ohio.... why does it say your location is in Utah? o.o or are you going to travel there to see him ? Smile
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/9/2012, 12:22 pm

Yes. Talking about a dedicated fan. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 7/9/2012, 3:01 pm

Okay, I was almost as dedicated but then decided I was crossing the line into just weird. None of the book signings are near me. Closest is in Chicago (9hrs driving. Car not good enough), can't afford to fly. So, I had this thought of seeing if any flights CC might be on would layover at the Kansas City airport. Maybe there could be a CC spotting there. I think that I will be happy to just get the book at our local Hastings (Borders closed and no BN) and be happy for everyone who can go to the book signings and enjoy pictures that will be posted. Wonder what hotels he would be staying at.... just sayin... no, not gonna go there.

di
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 7/9/2012, 5:13 pm

msjoanlucette wrote:

I'm just wondering.... if you're going to the one in Dayton ohio.... why does it say your location is in Utah? o.o or are you going to travel there to see him ? Smile

I was born in Cincinnati, Ohio. neutre I moved to Utah with my family when I was a little girl, and before the recession hit we often flew back to Ohio during summer breaks from school to spend time with our extended family, whom all live in the eastern states. Dayton isn't too far from West Chester, the town where I grew up and where my grandparents live. So I'm flying out there toward the end of July - mainly so I can attend Chris's book signing on the 29th, but also to visit my family. hapitgh
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/10/2012, 8:49 am

fantastica wrote:From Heather's tumblr:

Here’s a who’s who of all the people Chris thanked in his book:

”I’d like to thank my family, Rob Weisbach, Alvina Ling, Brandon Dorman, the Little, Brown team, Glenn Rigberg, Meredith Fine, Alla Plotkin, Erica Tarin, Ashley Fink, Pam Jackson, Jamie Greenberg, the cast and crew of Glee, and last but certainly not least, Hans Christian Andersen, and the Brothers Grimm.”

Rob Weisbach (Rob Weisbach Creative Management) — Literary agent
Alvina Ling (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers) — Editor
Brandon Dorman — Illustrator
Glenn Rigberg (Inphenate) — Chris’ Manager (he also co-produced SBL)
Meredith Fine (Coast to Coast) — Talent Agent
Alla Plotkin (ID) — Publicist (main, NYC-based)
Erica Tarin (ID) — Publicist (LA-based)
Pam Jackson (FOX) — Director of Marketing, Promotion & Publicity of 20th Century Fox TV Distribution (You might recognize her as pjchip)
Jamie Greenberg — Make-up artist
Hopefully everyone knows who Hans Christian Andersen and the Brothers Grimm are. The rest are pretty self-explanatory.

The Land of Stories Main Thread - Page 10 Tumblr_m6v43tVxoH1qkfqli
(Ashley, Erica, Chris, Pam and Meredith at the 8 Los Angeles reading)

I know writers are free to dedicated their book to whoever they want or they have felt was an inspiration and support through the writing process but why is the cast and crew of Glee in the list? I believe LoS has nothing to do with the series humhum
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/10/2012, 9:13 am

So glee Chris may still be a nobody. Try to get a book published and have the marketing power is really hard if u a nobody. Besides he wrote the book primarily while working on glee set so to be left alone by cast and crew is important.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/10/2012, 9:45 am

And remember, Chris has fondly said that the Glee cast (meaning the original Glee cast) were his first real friends. Though they may not outwardly be as connected as they once were, I would think there is still affection there. Plus, he probably didn't really want to single out the ones who were extra supportive--perhaps some of them read parts of it, or encouraged and supported him throughout the process. Just as an example, could you imagine what the fandom would be like if he thanked Amber and Dianna individually for their support and didn't thank Darren or Lea? Parts of the fandom would be outraged! So, just lump them all in there to avoid the crazy fandom.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/10/2012, 2:57 pm

@Kim and Jelly, thanks for your answer gurls neutre deeply inside I thought it was because thanks to Glee he had his jump into the stardom. But as Jelly pointed, probably some of them did extra work than others, but It would have been a "fandom battle" if Chris wouldn't have named some of them.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/11/2012, 2:29 am

Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/11/2012, 6:22 am

I listened it. In my opinion Chris did a great job on the voices.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/11/2012, 6:52 am

^ I actually succumbed to temptation and listened to the audiobook snippet, with the book release date being less than a week away (what is wrong with me ??? ooppss )

I like his voice of Goldilocks. neutre
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next