Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project

+11
arina
Kurt Hummel
Ireth
Sani
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
Struck by Lightning
sahhar
Shinra17
Emile
CCfan93
15 posters

Go down

The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project Empty The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project

Post  CCfan93 4/4/2012, 5:17 pm

I'm sure you wonderful people already know this but chris has just said that his next movie is about an mental aslyum in prague(i think thats what the quote said im gonna go find it and try to post it later). So he is doing a pyschological thriller now ...I love this boy Smile
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project Empty Re: The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project

Post  Emile 4/4/2012, 5:17 pm

CHRIS COLFER’S CRAZY NEXT PROJECT - EXCLUSIVE

2012 is poised to be the biggest year yet in Chris Colfer’s already incredibly successful career.

On April 10, Glee will return with a fresh batch of new episodes, which all lead up to Kurt’s big high school graduation (fret not, as Insider.com first reported, Chris will be back in season four). April 21 brings the world premiere of Chris’ feature-writing debut as Struck By Lightning is unveiled at The Tribeca Film Festival while his debut novel, Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell, hits shelves on July 17.

Like I said, big year.

But that’s not all! As I discovered during my exclusive chat with Chris this afternoon, another idea that’s been banging around his brain has finally made its way to paper. So what is Chris’ next script about? And what do the final season three episodes ofGlee have in store for us? Keep reading to find out!

Insider.com: We’re less than a month away from the world premiere of Struck By Lightning — how are you feeling?
Chris Colfer: I can not wait. I’m giddy [but] terrified to see it with an audience. Recently I saw it with an audience full of my family and friends. It’s going to be quite a different audience in NY – I’m terrified of that. There’s a lot of pressure on this for me.

Insider: What were some of the reactions you got at that friends and family screening?

Chris: The best reaction I got, and I got this a lot, was, “Oh my God Chris, we’re so glad that was good! We talked in the car on the way here about what we’d say if it was bad.” That was the most honest reaction, so it was the best.

Insider: Are you working on any other movie scripts right now?
Chris: Yes. This next one is definitely a genre change for me. It’s not set in the high school world. For the first time, it’s something I had to do a lot, a lot, a lot of research for before I started working. It’s a period piece that takes place at an asylum in the early 30s. It’s interesting because while I was doing my research I met with a UCLA professor to talk about different disorders and conditions of asylums back in the day and I got so many suggestive looks on the Glee set because I would have all my books with me. People kept asking, “Chris, why are you reading books on asylums and schizophrenia and dissociative identity disorder?” I think everyone thought I finally lost it when I was reading the Coping With Mental Illness book [laughs].

Insider: Sounds scary — is it a horror movie?

Chris: It’s not horror. There’s no ghosts or monsters popping out at you. It’s almost like a movie about characters after they have an experience like characters do in a horror movie. Almost like the aftermath of what a traumatic experience, a la a horror movie, would do to someone.

Insider: What inspired you to write this movie?
Chris: Honestly, I just wanted to do something really fun and something I hadn’t done before — something kind of creepy. Instead of waiting to find a script, I just thought, “I’ll write it myself.” And we have a director and producer attached already.

Insider: Will you be starring in this one as well?
Chris: I created a supporting role for myself in this one. I’m not the lead. It’s a role that people don’t write for young men, unfortunately. These types of roles are few and far between, so I thought, screw it – I’ll write it myself!

Insider: It feels like the only hurdle left for you to jump is directing — does that interest you?
Chris: It’s so funny because every one wants me to direct. I’d rather just create the characters at home in my pajamas than be on a set for 20 hours a day, coming up with shots. There are definitely a few things that I would absolutely direct – like if someone called me and said, “Do you want to direct a Candyland movie?” I’d jump at it, but directing is not my goal.

Insider: Fair enough. On another note, Glee is coming off a pretty sizable hiatus on April 10 — how excited are you for fans to see what’s coming up?
Chris: Oh, very excited. We have some great episode coming up – there’s the Whitney Houston tribute episode, a Bee Gees tribute episode and the episode where Rachel & Kurt finally audition for NYADA. We got to work with Whoopi [Goldberg] who I absolutely love more than life itself. It’s really cool because Whoopi is the reason I started performing in the first place. Sister Act came out in 1992 and it was the first movie I was obsessed with. My mom used to tell me that she’d come home from work and I’d be standing in the living room with a towel on my head saying, “I want to watch Whoopi!” Singing along with the nuns in Sister Act is the first time I’ve ever performed.

Insider: In addition to Whoopi, you also have Lindsay Lohan coming on the show — what do you think about her going from subject of Glee mocking to a guest star?
Chris: There seems to be a pattern with Glee – first we insult you, then we hire you. We did the same thing with John Stamos. If you’ve been insulted by our show, expect a phone call [laughs]. I think it’s funny. A lot of people have strong opinions about it, but I think the fact Lindsay Lohan is judging a show choir competition is pretty damn funny.

--------------------
The Insider

CCfan93 wrote:I'm sure you wonderful people already know this but chris has just said that his next movie is about an mental aslyum in prague(i think thats what the quote said im gonna go find it and try to post it later). So he is doing a pyschological thriller now ...I love this boy Smile
AH! We posted about the same thing at the same time! Razz
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project Empty Re: The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project

Post  Shinra17 4/4/2012, 5:36 pm

^I haven't seen the mention of Prague in the interview though. It's interesting that he has already a director and a producer attached to the project and I'm definitely super happy that all his out-of-glee stuff get bigger and bigger...
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CCfan93 4/4/2012, 5:45 pm

Emile wrote:

2012 is poised to be the biggest year yet in Chris Colfer’s already incredibly successful career.

On April 10, Glee will return with a fresh batch of new episodes, which all lead up to Kurt’s big high school graduation (fret not, as Insider.com first reported, Chris will be back in season four). April 21 brings the world premiere of Chris’ feature-writing debut as Struck By Lightning is unveiled at The Tribeca Film Festival while his debut novel, Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell, hits shelves on July 17.

Like I said, big year.

But that’s not all! As I discovered during my exclusive chat with Chris this afternoon, another idea that’s been banging around his brain has finally made its way to paper. So what is Chris’ next script about? And what do the final season three episodes ofGlee have in store for us? Keep reading to find out!

Insider.com: We’re less than a month away from the world premiere of Struck By Lightning — how are you feeling?
Chris Colfer: I can not wait. I’m giddy [but] terrified to see it with an audience. Recently I saw it with an audience full of my family and friends. It’s going to be quite a different audience in NY – I’m terrified of that. There’s a lot of pressure on this for me.

Insider: What were some of the reactions you got at that friends and family screening?

Chris: The best reaction I got, and I got this a lot, was, “Oh my God Chris, we’re so glad that was good! We talked in the car on the way here about what we’d say if it was bad.” That was the most honest reaction, so it was the best.

Chris: Yes. This next one is definitely a genre change for me. It’s not set in the high school world. For the first time, it’s something I had to do a lot, a lot, a lot of research for before I started working. It’s a period piece that takes place at an asylum in the early 30s. It’s interesting because while I was doing my research I met with a UCLA professor to talk about different disorders and conditions of asylums back in the day and I got so many suggestive looks on the Glee set because I would have all my books with me. People kept asking, “Chris, why are you reading books on asylums and schizophrenia and dissociative identity disorder?” I think everyone thought I finally lost it when I was reading the Coping With Mental Illness book [laughs].

Chris: It’s not horror. There’s no ghosts or monsters popping out at you. It’s almost like a movie about characters after they have an experience like characters do in a horror movie. Almost like the aftermath of what a traumatic experience, a la a horror movie, would do to someone.

Chris: Honestly, I just wanted to do something really fun and something I hadn’t done before — something kind of creepy. Instead of waiting to find a script, I just thought, “I’ll write it myself.” And we have a director and producer attached already.

Chris: I created a supporting role for myself in this one. I’m not the lead. It’s a role that people don’t write for young men, unfortunately. These types of roles are few and far between, so I thought, screw it – I’ll write it myself!

Insider: It feels like the only hurdle left for you to jump is directing — does that interest you?
Chris: It’s so funny because every one wants me to direct. I’d rather just create the characters at home in my pajamas than be on a set for 20 hours a day, coming up with shots. There are definitely a few things that I would absolutely direct – like if someone called me and said, “Do you want to direct a Candyland movie?” I’d jump at it, but directing is not my goal.

Insider: Fair enough. On another note, Glee is coming off a pretty sizable hiatus on April 10 — how excited are you for fans to see what’s coming up?
Chris: Oh, very excited. We have some great episode coming up – there’s the Whitney Houston tribute episode, a Bee Gees tribute episode and the episode where Rachel & Kurt finally audition for NYADA. We got to work with Whoopi [Goldberg] who I absolutely love more than life itself. It’s really cool because Whoopi is the reason I started performing in the first place. Sister Act came out in 1992 and it was the first movie I was obsessed with. My mom used to tell me that she’d come home from work and I’d be standing in the living room with a towel on my head saying, “I want to watch Whoopi!” Singing along with the nuns in Sister Act is the first time I’ve ever performed.

Insider: In addition to Whoopi, you also have Lindsay Lohan coming on the show — what do you think about her going from subject of Glee mocking to a guest star?
Chris: There seems to be a pattern with Glee – first we insult you, then we hire you. We did the same thing with John Stamos. If you’ve been insulted by our show, expect a phone call [laughs]. I think it’s funny. A lot of people have strong opinions about it, but I think the fact Lindsay Lohan is judging a show choir competition is pretty damn funny.

--------------------
The Insider

CCfan93 wrote:I'm sure you wonderful people already know this but chris has just said that his next movie is about an mental aslyum in prague(i think thats what the quote said im gonna go find it and try to post it later). So he is doing a pyschological thriller now ...I love this boy Smile
AH! We posted about the same thing at the same time! Razz

Haha Go us!! and sorry about the prague thing it was something a person on tumblr said they would hope it would be set I misread the quote so sorry. Embarassed
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/4/2012, 5:48 pm

I'm so,so,so,so,so,so excited for this next film from Chris I can hardly contain myself. Period piece, dark, psychological disorders, everything I wanted to see him do!!!!. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struck by Lightning 4/4/2012, 6:05 pm

This is great, I'm really excited about this movie and his post-Glee career in general. He's making all the right decisions and definitely creating interesting projects. wub
Struck by Lightning
Struck by Lightning
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/4/2012, 6:48 pm

That film premise sound phenomenal. I've always been interested in psychology and psychiatry, and how mental disorders affect peoples actions and every day life (no wonder I've burned through 150 episodes of Criminal Minds in like a month). This is the kind of film Tim Burton would direct and be interested in. I hope cinematography will be similar to his style because it would be IMO perfect for the time period and the subject at hand.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  CCfan93 4/4/2012, 6:56 pm

God now you're gonna have me hoping Tim Burton directs this movie.
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/4/2012, 7:13 pm

tanita_mors wrote:That film premise sound phenomenal. I've always been interested in psychology and psychiatry, and how mental disorders affect peoples actions and every day life (no wonder I've burned through 150 episodes of Criminal Minds in like a month). This is the kind of film Tim Burton would direct and be interested in. I hope cinematography will be similar to his style because it would be IMO perfect for the time period and the subject at hand.

Same here. That's why I did a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology!. I enjoyed the classes I took so much!. Especially Abnormal Psychology, learning about psychological disorders, it was highly disturbing, but fascinating.

Chris was talking about Schizophrenia and Dissociative Identity Disorder, which were the two that interested me and fascinated me the most. If he plays a character who has either one of those, I would die of happiness, plus it would also be a challenge. I'm sure after doing research he won't butcher the disorders. In films I feel that half the directors don't even do their research when it comes to psychological disorders. One movie I really liked was Shutter Island with Leo Smile

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/5/2012, 2:14 am

And I'm super excited for Chris's new movie. I wish he was asked what the title is so we can maybe start a new thread.

This will diminish any talks of stereotype for him from now on.

I can't wait to hear more about this movie, as knowing Chris we will. He seems to like sharing his projects with fans.

Wonder if their will be another month of sex riots like there was when those SBL photo's came out. The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project 2652883923 Laughing

So does anyone think when Chris tweeted about voices in head and tourettes, that maybe he was kind of subtley hinting about his next movie?
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 4/5/2012, 7:21 am

Emile wrote:

Like I said, big year.

I'm really exited about his new movie, it's seems interesting. Even though It's not the kind of movie i usually happen to watch.
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/5/2012, 7:49 am

Sani wrote:I'm really exited about his new movie, it's seems interesting. Even though It's not the kind of movie i usually happen to watch.
Me neither, I much prefer reading books about psychology than watching psychological movies but I'm going to be addicted to a new genre of movies: the Colfer movies lol!

Last edited by Shinra17 on 6/2/2012, 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/5/2012, 9:52 am

I really love psychological thrillers and reading about psychology in general, so his new movie is really going to be like candy for me.

I'm really curious about what his role is going to be-it's one not normally written for young men, and I can't quite think of anything now. Maybe some "medical expert" who performs cures that we now know don't work? I really have no idea.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sani 4/5/2012, 11:00 am

Shinra17 wrote:
Sani wrote:I'm really exited about his new movie, it's seems interesting. Even though It's not the kind of movie i usually happen to watch.
Me neither, I much prefer reading books about psychology than watching psychological movies but I'm going to be addicted to a new genre of movies: the Colfer movies lol!
Yeah, i'll pretty much watch any kind of genre if Chris is in it. But i'm hoping that someday he will be in fantasy movie like Lord of the Rings. Smile
Sani
Sani
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 4/5/2012, 11:05 am

Sani wrote:
Shinra17 wrote:
Yeah, i'll pretty much watch any kind of genre if Chris is in it. But i'm hoping that someday he will be in fantasy movie like Lord of the Rings. Smile

This!!! He needs to be an elf or some beautiful fantastic creature since he looks so much like one...
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project Empty The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project

Post  Kurt Hummel 4/5/2012, 4:59 pm

I'm not really into horror type movies but if it's Chris'...I will watch it. neutre

I wish I could see SBL at the Tribeca Festival! That would be a great way to spend my birthday.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 4/6/2012, 2:25 am

I love the "CHRIS COLFER’S CRAZY NEXT PROJECT - EXCLUSIVE" interview. I certainly did not expect this kind of movie, but I am really excited. This will be very different from his other work and I cannot wait for the supporting character he is playing :-) And it's good to hear that he met UCLA professor to talk about different disorders and conditions of asylums and reads books, he seems really interested to portray it properly...

How I love interviews when we learn something new. wub
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaton2011 7/11/2012, 2:37 pm

Hi, I am long time Glee fan who joined here today. baibai
I just wanted to say that I am looking forward to watching this its sounds just like my type of movie. I have a lot of respect for actors who can write their own projects and have liked the sound of the projects that Chris has come up with so far.

Eaton2011
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/11/2012, 2:57 pm

Welcome, Eaton2011!

I can't wait until we hear more about this one too!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/11/2012, 4:24 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Welcome, Eaton2011!

I can't wait until we hear more about this one too!

Welcome Easton2011

I agree 100% .
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaton2011 7/11/2012, 5:21 pm

Thanks for welcome neutre

Eaton2011
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/11/2012, 5:36 pm

oh i just welcomed you in another thread, but i will do it again - welcome new friend! hope to see you a lot here!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/12/2012, 4:50 am

Eaton2011 wrote:Thanks for welcome The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project 4247136565

Hi Eaton2011, welcome to the forum. I love when we get new people. The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project 413578547

Look forward to reading more of your posts.The Insider interview about Chris's Crazy Next Project 650269930
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down