Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview of Chris by kaigai Drama NAVI

+2
brisallie
Emile
6 posters

Go down

Interview of Chris by kaigai Drama NAVI Empty Re: Interview of Chris by kaigai Drama NAVI

Post  Emile 3/22/2012, 2:05 pm

English translation of this interview by kaigai Drama NAVI (海外ドラマNAVI) with Chris Colfer
Pushing ahead despite poor physical condition, Chris Colfer who plays Kurt answers our interview questions.

Kurt is the glee club’s fashionista, so what has been the influence on you from playing the stylish Kurt?

Chris Colfer(CC): There is definitely none. None at all! I know nothing about fashion, and I have no interest in it either. The clothes Kurt wears are really rather embarrassing. When I am being fitted for clothes, I looked in the mirror and ask the wardrobe people, “I’m actually wearing this? Really?” and the women answer, “What??? It’s absolutely perfect!?” So then I resign myself to it and say “Ok. You guys know what you’re talking about.” (laughs)
But, these kinds of clothes can seem to give you courage sometimes too. Countless people see me when I wear the horribly outrageous clothes, so they think that those are the clothes I wear in real life*. But the clothes I wear in real life are definitely not the clothes I wear as Kurt.

What are you most interested in?

CC: I am interested in the story. I like TV and movies and books, as well as writing. I like whatever things that are creative. I also love to laugh, and I also like to cry when I see really good works too. Also, I really love escapist works too. I like it when you can escape reality into a story, to the point when you are so submerged into it that you forget your own name.
For example, there is the TV show “Desperate Housewives.” There (he says this in an excited voice) I wanted to know who wrote that letter to Mary Alice! (laughs) I like whatever works that grasp at people’s hearts and don’t let go. Right now, I like the TV shows “American Horror Story,” “Nurse Jackie” and “Real Housewives of Atlanta.”

I think Kurt is arguably either most or second more popular character on the show, and you yourself seem to tend to be equated [to your character], so how do you deal with those parts?

CC:Certainly young people and teenagers are part of the viewing audience, occasionally there are people who can’t separate real life from fiction. But because Kurt and I are so different, there are some things that are a little annoying. Kurt and I do have points where we resemble each other, but for the most part we are very different. While I’m walking in the street, I hear “Hey, you, you look very cool,” but I reply “No, Kurt’s the cool one, I’m always the jeans and t-shirt kind of guy,” and when I hear “Hey girl!” I feel like “Don’t say to me ‘Hey Girl’!”.
Kurt has become like this country’s gay community’s advertisement (representation?), so people come up to me and say, “Thank you for everything you have done for the gay community.” But I want to say, “That isn’t me, that’s the writers work. We formed this character called Kurt, I just happen to resemble to him.”

―In the beginning of the show, he had the feeling of a sensitive youth, but three years have gone by and Chris gives the strong impression of being rather adult. Although young he is very intellectual and holds his opinions tightly. Also, in person he is much sexier than on the show.

Translation notes:
-As always, I tried to make it more understandable and coherent to English readers rather than try to make it absolutely the same phrasing as the Japanese, which is not as natural to the English ear.
*This is not perfect but I think I have the gist of what he said.

Source
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Interview of Chris by kaigai Drama NAVI Empty Re: Interview of Chris by kaigai Drama NAVI

Post  brisallie 3/22/2012, 2:38 pm

thanks for the interview Smile I remember there's another interview also from a japanese magazine called Cinema Cafe I think.

Last edited by brisallie on 3/22/2012, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/22/2012, 3:17 pm

I remember there's another interview also from a japanese magazine called Cinema Cafe I think.
^Yah, that the interview I posted happened at the same time as the one on the Cinema Cafe magazine.
But don't know about that one. unsure
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/22/2012, 3:22 pm

^ I thought they are the same. that's the one w/ Chris wearing the glasses right?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/22/2012, 3:27 pm

Emile wrote:
I remember there's another interview also from a japanese magazine called Cinema Cafe I think.
^Yah, that the interview I posted happened at the same time as the one on the Cinema Cafe magazine.

fantastica wrote:^ I thought they are the same. that's the one w/ Chris wearing the glasses right?

@Emile and Fantastica, yep is the one where he's wearing glasses Smile Here is the link
Cinema Cafe Interview but is in japanese tonguue I just wanted to confirm he's wearing glasses lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/22/2012, 3:32 pm

brisallie wrote:
Emile wrote:

fantastica wrote:^ I thought they are the same. that's the one w/ Chris wearing the glasses right?

@Emile and Fantastica, yep is the one where he's wearing glasses Smile Here is the link
Cinema Cafe Interview but is in japanese tonguue I just wanted to confirm he's wearing glasses lol
Don't understand a single word but...looking good Chris!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/22/2012, 7:08 pm

Emile wrote:
CC:Certainly young people and teenagers are part of the viewing audience, occasionally there are people who can’t separate real life from fiction. But because Kurt and I are so different, there are some things that are a little annoying. Kurt and I do have points where we resemble each other, but for the most part we are very different. While I’m walking in the street, I hear “Hey, you, you look very cool,” but I reply “No, Kurt’s the cool one, I’m always the jeans and t-shirt kind of guy,” and when I hear “Hey girl!” I feel like “Don’t say to me ‘Hey Girl’!”.
Kurt has become like this country’s gay community’s advertisement (representation?), so people come up to me and say, “Thank you for everything you have done for the gay community.” But I want to say, “That isn’t me, that’s the writers work. We formed this character called Kurt, I just happen to resemble to him.”
Shocked Shocked
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/22/2012, 9:06 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
Emile wrote:
Shocked Shocked

I vaguely remember him cringing when Lea called him "girl" during one of the interviews they did for the 3D concert movie.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/23/2012, 3:54 am

The interviews are similar but not the same, here is the older one:

Cinema Cafe’s Foreign Dramas vol.220 Infiltration of the glee set! for the 4th time
We infiltrated the site where the drama everyone loves, glee, is filmed! To follow Kevin Mchale, who plays Artie, we bring you our interview with Chris Colfer, who plays Kurt.
Within the already popular glee, Kurt is the most popular character. For Chris Colfer, who won a Golden Globe award for Best Supporting Actor, among other things, for his portrayal of Kurt, this has been his big break as an actor. So playing Kurt in glee has in turn led to personal popularity, which still confuses him sometimes.
“It’s kind of irritating when people don’t separate reality and fiction. Though of course Kurt and I resemble each other, we differ in most things. Before coming on the show, all I knew about designers was from The Devil Wears Prada, (laughs) but Kurt loves fashion. While I’m walking in the street, I hear ‘Hey, you, you look very cool,’ but I personally feel more like ‘No, Kurt’s the cool one, I’m a jeans and t-shirts kind of guy!’
“What I’ve probably learned the most about from appearing on glee is fashion and music. Now I properly use designers names! But even among the things Kurt wears, I think that there are things that definitely wouldn’t actually be worn in real life. (laughs)” Chris explains, seeming less like the cute Kurt and more like a sexy, smart young man- very cool! “The clothes that you feel good wearing are the best. Also, the things that make you look thin are the best,” he laughingly nodded.
According to Chris, the most important part is the story. [Already a writer, that is an answer very like him who plays an active role.]
“For the story, interest doesn’t run out. I like to watch tv and movies, and also read books. And I also love to write. When I read or watch something wonderful, I like to laugh and cry. Works where you are so submersed in the fictional world where the story takes place that you might forget even your own name are great. I had a dream about Desperate Housewives. “Who wrote a letter to Mary Alice?” Right now I like American Horror Story, Nurse Jackie and Real Housewives of Atlanta.”
Though now the biggest question in season 3 is “He is graduating from McKinley High, what is Kurt going to do?” Chris graduated from high school three years ago.
“Unfortunately, I was a student whose parents’ incomes were too high to receive a scholarship, but too low to enter university. (Thank you chriskurisu for the help!!) So I went on to community college (after high school), and I planned to enter a university in Los Angeles later, but two weeks in I auditioned for Glee. It’s truly a miracle to me. Also, like other kids in my generation in similar situations, at that time I coming to a terrible situation. Although I had dreams and wishes, I carried a fear of not knowing what the future would hold.
“I still have the same dreams and desires from then. I haven’t achieved everything yet!” Chris says strongly. Kurt’s personality is different, but Chris symbolizes the message that Glee which is no different.

And this one is probably from the same day as well:

Suprisingly Manly Kurt
Perhaps because his condition was poor, Chris Colfer drank EmergenC (a vitamin C supplement) before coming. He has surprisingly rough hands*(probably more accurate translation of the meaning here is surprisingly manly but I couldn’t think of a better way to write it.) and shocked us by saying that he thinks it’s embarrassing to wear Kurt’s clothing. “I have no interest in fashion. I would die before wearing the clothes that Kurt wears!” he laughs
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/23/2012, 3:58 am

Shinra17 wrote:
Emile wrote:
Shocked Shocked
I think that he unfortunately gets alot of this crap, there alot of it on the internet... My own mother calls him often a girl when I speak about him sometimes... dryy
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/23/2012, 10:15 am

Jellyrolls wrote:I vaguely remember him cringing when Lea called him "girl" during one of the interviews they did for the 3D concert movie.
Suspect she's tactful as always.

arina wrote:
I think that he unfortunately gets alot of this crap, there alot of it on the internet... My own mother calls him often a girl when I speak about him sometimes... dryy
It's one thing to call him girl when people are talking about him, it's another thing to say it to his face, especially when people know he can't answer freely because he has to manage his public image for his job.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Interview of Chris by kaigai Drama NAVI Empty Interview of Chris by kaigai Drama NAVI

Post  brisallie 3/23/2012, 9:15 pm

Emile wrote:
Don't understand a single word but...looking good Chris!

That's the spirit girl!!! O only understand...umm "kurt" or "kuto" lol
Emile wrote:

Where is this interview from??? ohmy

I vaguely remember him cringing when Lea called him "girl" during one of the interviews they did for the 3D concert movie.

You know, I understand that people in the street don't separate the characters- they should do it - but Lea? Or was she joking? I need to see the context to understand it better so do you have the link please?

Last edited by brisallie on 3/23/2012, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/26/2012, 10:34 pm

Chris in the Kaigai Drama TV Guide, well another Japanese media.

Interview of Chris by kaigai Drama NAVI 51r3arqc-32f3891
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/26/2012, 10:49 pm

Shinra17 wrote:Chris in the Kaigai Drama TV Guide, well another Japanese media.

Interview of Chris by kaigai Drama NAVI 51r3arqc-32f3891

Sugoii!!! :D

He looks HANDSOME in the main picture!!! wub Im sure is from the photoshoot of season 3.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down