Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy!

+16
sjonnepon
Struck by Lightning
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
ChrisColferFan1
brisallie
BlueJazz
Buenos
valkeakuulas
Divalicious
Emile
CloveGlee
fantastica
Delight
ColferInspired
Glorfindel
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy! Empty Re: Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy!

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2012, 8:31 am

Over on GF we're rallying the troops to make a protest. So far it's just sprouting ideas, but we have to do something.
I'd like to discuss it here too, because us Kurtsies have to unite.
Maybe Ivana or Heyerchick can discuss this in the Choir room or Kurt's Locker as well? Divide the tasks (if you approve of the plans). That way I don't have to go running around doing it all by myself.

We've discussed twitter and tumblr (tag lol-glee and kurt-hummel), contacting friendly media (e.g. Rae Votta) and a postcard campaign (but then we'll need a lot of participants). Posting our protest on tumblr and tweeting the writers/producers might help.
The key is to stay polite, but let them know how we feel.

I don't have the time right now to do a lot of copying and pasting (I'll do it as soon as possible), but here's the link to GF for now: Kurt's Future
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy! Empty Re: Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy!

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2012, 8:37 am

Fox complaints emailadress: askfox@fox.com.
Kevin Reilly's (Fox Entertainment President who made the comment of wanting more pop 40, less Broadway): kevin.reilly@fox.com.

Adress Ryan Murphy:
Ryan Murphy Productions
5555 Melrose Ave
Chevalier Bldg.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
USA

Fox:
20th Century Fox Television
10201 W Pico Blvd
Bldg 103, Rm 5286
Los Angeles, CA 90035
USA

Twitter accounts:
- Glee/Fox: @GLEEonFOX
- Glee: @GLEETV
- Brad Falchuk: @BFalchuk
- Other writers: @aliadler @mhodgson207 @hitchmichael @martinoxon

Tumblr tags: glee, lol-glee, kurt-hummel

My new twitter-hashtag: #LetKurtWin, but that one is certainly up for debate. I'd love some better ideas for a twitter-tag. Maybe #WhatAboutKurt?, or #KurtMatters, or #ItGetsBetterKurt.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 6/1/2012, 4:10 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : typing while thinking, but not thinking while typing + adding new information.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/31/2012, 8:42 am

Glorfindel wrote:Over on GF we're rallying the troops to make a protest. So far it's just sprouting ideas, but we have to do something.
I'd like to discuss it here too, because us Kurtsies have to unite.
Maybe Ivana or Heyerchick can discuss this in the Choir room or Kurt's Locker as well? Divide the tasks (if you approve of the plans). That way I don't have to go running around doing it all by myself.

We've discussed twitter and tumblr (tag lol-glee and kurt-hummel), contacting friendly media (e.g. Rae Votta) and a postcard campaign (but then we'll need a lot of participants). Posting our protest on tumblr and tweeting the writers/producers might help.
The key is to stay polite, but let them know how we feel.

I don't have the time right now to do a lot of copying and pasting (I'll do it as soon as possible), but here's the link to GF for now: Kurt's Future

That is a wonderful idea. Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy! 4247136565

I have been in that thread on GF. And you are right action needs to be taken.

I just think of all those little kids that look up to Kurt for inspiration, and what they got was a slap in the face. Kurt is an iconic figure.

I like the idea of a postcard compaign. Kurtsies United! Let's let RIB know we aren't happy! 4247136565
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/31/2012, 9:18 am

@ Glorfindel

Regarding the new twitter/media/postcard campaign, I think it's a good idea. AT the very least, it would serve as an outlet for all the pent up anger and dissatisfaction that the Kurtsies are suffering from since the 'Goodbye' episode aired. A more organized approach would hopefully create a voice that can be heard by the writers and the Glee higher ups. If it's just a barrage of 'You suck!' condemnation, they'd just treat it as noise that can be easily ignored.

Having said that, I will have to think more about whether I wish to participate. I feel like taking the passive-aggressive route. The writers were probably patting themselves on the back when they see so many passionate fans crying out about Kurt's fate on the show, because they have achieved their goal. I want to stop feeling bothered about it as a way of protest to them. My thinking now is more along the lines of 'You think you'd get me riled up? You think you'd get me to care? Well, screw you, because from now on, Glee as a show is just something that I stomach in order to see more Chris/Kurt. It's no longer good television. It's not even a show that I could stand to watch anymore, if Chris isn't in it. Kurt Hummel is one of the saving graces for this poor excuse of a show and if you can't see that and rectify your lousy writing immediately, then don't act surprised when this show tanks, and tanks hard.'

Sorry for the negativity. I guess I'm still angry. See why I can't join in on this campaign? I'll just end up insulting RIB+ and those execs ooppss
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 9:27 am

i kind of agree w/ Delight. they said the ending would be "very emotional". that's all they wanted to do - stir up the emotions so we will come back for S4. the louder the responses (however good or bad it seems), the more they think they have done the job. Next time they would do the same thing to "shock" us. and guess what? they won't use characters that people aren't that crazy about. they are sticking w/ their "big three" for the shock factor (finchel breakup; kurt not into NYADA; finn is also in limbo) because these 3 have the most fans and so the responses would be the most intense. they already said that when fans react negatively to the show/storylines that's because they are too "passionate". and manipulate our emotions is all they want to achieve.

I think if we want to protest, we can't just be "mad". we need to be nasty - especially the in the mail. we need to throw threats. like we will stop watching because it's too depressing. we don't want to watch a depressing show. we want kurt to do comic stuff. you see if we are just protesting to say we are sad, then they will be happy that they did exactly what they have planned. but if we are mean to them and threaten to quit watching, they will know they've gone too far and they need to keep us happy in order to keep us from leavig them in S4.

so i suggest we tell them "ok, I am done w/ Glee. because kurt will never get a break and I am sick and tired of him never achieve anything. you can't root for a loser if he will never win!". well that's what I am going to say.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 5/31/2012, 9:39 am

I have written an article for Hypable. I will let you know if they print it.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/31/2012, 9:41 am

Mhh. I was reading the thread you linked and, since I partly agree with the other ladies here, we could do like ShamelessHussy on GF said:
But I wouldn't focus on any anti-xxxxxx (insert your hated one here). They won't or can't redo their finale. But they can show a flashback to summer or show Kurt on his way to a future as satisfying and fabulous as his classmates were given.

Anyway, I remember there was a campain of postcard about this going on some days ago on Tumblr, if I can find it again I can link it here.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 5/31/2012, 9:45 am

CloveGlee wrote:I have written an article for Hypable. I will let you know if they print it.

I assume that your article would be about Glee's shoddy treatment of Kurt?

Thanks, CloveGlee, for putting your writing skills to advocate for Kurt.

'The pen is mightier than the sword', though I don't deny harbouring fantasies of running the Glee writers through with a real sword.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2012, 9:53 am

Even if they don't use that article, Claire, I'd love to read it here, and on tumblr.

Right now we're only brainstorming. I agree we shouldn't show them simply that we're upset and involved, and "What's going to happen to Kurt now?", because that's exactly where they want us.
We have to find a way to let them know why what they did to Kurt was so wrong, without ruffling their feathers too much. It is difficult to do it right.

I send a few tweets: glorfindel_glee.
Untill someone else comes up with a better idea I'll use the hashtag #KurtMatters.

Also: if someone wants to post any of my ramblings here or on GF on tumblr, or copy and paste parts of them in their own posts on tumblr, please feel free to do so. I don't have tumblr myself.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 5/31/2012, 10:00 am

Glorfindel wrote:Even if they don't use that article, Claire, I'd love to read it here, and on tumblr.

Right now we're only brainstorming. I agree we shouldn't show them simply that we're upset and involved, and "What's going to happen to Kurt now?", because that's exactly where they want us.
We have to find a way to let them know why what they did to Kurt was so wrong, without ruffling their feathers too much. It is difficult to do it right.

I send a few tweets: glorfindel_glee.
Untill someone else comes up with a better idea I'll use the hashtag #KurtMatters.

Also: if someone wants to post any of my ramblings here or on GF on tumblr, or copy and paste parts of them in their own posts on tumblr, please feel free to do so. I don't have tumblr myself.

I have tweeted as well, to Brad again. I stayed respectful this time.

I will tweet the others tomorrow.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2012, 10:23 am

Over on GF the most popular hashtag at the moment is #KurtMatters.
Any thoughts?

(I'm double posting here and on GF)

Maybe we should pinpoint exactly why we're upset. Because there is more than 1 issue at hand here, and I think we need to combine them in a compact but clear package.

What are our issues, and which ones matter the most?:
1) Kurt not getting NYADA, period, when it has been his season's arc story and he nailed his audition.
2) Kurt not getting NYADA, which is too much: another loss after a whole season of losses.
3) Kurt not getting enough POV, screentime in the whole NYADA story, especially after Choke.
4) Kurt getting no comfort or reaction scene after "I didn't get in."
5) The probability that Kurt's fate will not be handled right and simply solved and dismissed in a few minutes in the first episode of season 4.
6) NYADA being tied up to Kurt not being able to pass, all his gay struggles > his identification. This connects to Kurt being the gay poster boy RIB/Fox like to parade with in their critical acclaim flirtations, the 'It Gets Better' campaign/bandwagon (Karofsky's suicide attempt, Kurt in his voice-over congratulating himself for making McKinley a better place for gays).

(I deliberately left out the connection to Rachel, because I think that only leads to resentment.)

What points are the most important ones? Honestly: I can't decide.
What do you think?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 5/31/2012, 10:38 am

My primary issue here, snippets from my article, which is going out on either Hypable, HubPages, or Tumblr within the next two days:

Ryan Murphy said "I'm interested in him winning, and being popular, and a survivor. And him being a role model to so many gay kids who watch that show who can see that character and say “I can be that”…."

What happened to that vision for Kurt Hummel? When did he become the official Glee punching bag, and why?

I do not care how they fix it. NYADA by itself was not necessary. I think your number two nailed it: 2) Kurt not getting NYADA, which is too much: another loss after a whole season of losses. I would have been perfectly happy to find out he got accepted into NYU and would be studying theatre or fashion there. But stuck in Lima with no future at all? Not acceptable. If he's not getting into NYADA, you need to give him something else, and I am quite serious. If the situation does not pick up for this character I WILL find something else to watch instead.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2012, 10:56 am

I think #2 is important too. But it is not something that can be changed, unless they retcon this story. And the same goes for #3 Kurt not getting enough POV, screentime in the whole NYADA story, especially after Choke.
But then again: I think this should be mentioned, because this 'history' is very important as to why Kurt needs some dignity and satisfying resolution in season 4.

I'm leaning towards these points:
#2 Kurt not getting NYADA, which is too much: another loss after a whole season of losses.
#5 The probability that Kurt's fate will not be handled right and simply solved and dismissed in a few minutes in the first episode of season 4.
#6 NYADA being tied up to Kurt not being able to pass, all his gay struggles > his identification.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 5/31/2012, 2:03 pm

I think the important issues, at this point, are #3, #5 and #6.

And I have a tumblr account - it is not glee-related and I don't care about the followers since is more of a "I post all the pretty things I find on the web here because I'm lazy" kind of blog, but if you want I can try to post something anyway. In the right tags and with the right timing maybe someone with more glee-followers or twitter can see it.

------
Oh! And I found that thing about the postcard that was going around the fandom, I saw it on heathermione's tumblr - Here.

To be honest, I don't like all this straight girl > gay kid thing, because IMO that's not the point. But anyway, there is it.^^^
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 5/31/2012, 2:10 pm

When it comes to NYADA, now that I think it is more like Dalton's, with a limited run, I don't really care for Kurt to get in. What I care about is Kurt continually gets public losses, lots of them, with a tiny amount of private victories. Sure his TBND was incredible, but it was played for 4 people, well, there were a couple on stage. Getting a call back to NYADA, just with his father, and then an insular scene of congrats. Did he get a big center stage spotlight in competitions, no, just a couple of lines, and some impressive hip swiveling. Kurt hasn't had a public, in front of a huge audience personal victory since his goal kick. That is what I want. For a major character, he has had the least amount of public victories. He has the least amount of declarations of how great he is, whereas Rachel gets them weekly, Finn gets whole songs devoted to him, Blaine is considered desirable by all, I could go on. Perhaps Santana doesn't get as many compliments, but she is such a straight up bitch, it is hard to do that, especially when your girl friend tried to get a cat to poop candy.

FlawlessVictoryforKurt? Is that too long? If they want Kurt to be inspirational, wouldn't it be inspiring to have him win in a big way more than every couple of seasons? Is his only victory supposed to be having a perceived hot boyfriend that never gets to touch him. Sure, having Burt as your Dad is huge, and the relationship is wonderful, but Burt is what a parent should be, not a victory of Kurt being a great kid. But he lost WSS, the presidency, any featured solos in competitions. He has never been really valued as a performer. Sure, they tell us he is as talented as ..., but they don't show it. We get to see Santana, Mercedes and Rachel belt it out over and over again, on and off the stage, Kurt not so much. As if belting is the only value in singing. I value emotion above belting, probably why I love Kurt best. The rest of the singers it is just more of the same. Lovely, but doesn't touch me. Kurt's flaws are what makes him special. I want Kurt to be the pivotal factor in a win, that whatever team or theater or school he is in needs Kurt to be Kurt to succeed.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 2:31 pm

#LetKurtWin
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2012, 3:05 pm

I've added Ryan Murphy's company and Fox Company adresses to the post with the contact adresses and twitters, etc.

That post is on page 50 of this thread.

I've read that postcard campaign, and though it's a good set-up, I also don't like the straight vs gay references.
If we want to campaign, I'd rather it will be focused on Kurt alone.

I like the postcards that said: "Stop Believin'" and "It Won't Get Better".
The rest: not so much.

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 3:08 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
yessssssssssss!

teh only thing i still believe in is that next season won't get any better.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2012, 3:21 pm

fantastica wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
yessssssssssss!

Or:
It won't get better if you don't stop believin'. blinkk unsure
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 5/31/2012, 3:23 pm

^ can't figure out this brain twister...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 5/31/2012, 3:26 pm

I can not believe that not to give Kurt some sort of resolution/reaction scene after his NYADA denial was a devious way of capturing the interest of Kurt/Glee fans. I don't think the makers of Glee think that far ahead or ponder about the aftermath that much. They stumbled into a secret goldmine that now gives them exposure, if that publicity is good or bad it doesn't actually matter, as the old saying goes...blah, blah. I do wonder if the writers forgot how many fans actually still find Kurt the only inspirational and important factor in the whole show? They have gotten the lazy label for a reason.

I find all the points in this #careaboutKurt enterprise interesting and definately worth campaigning for but I am sceptical and wonder if they really care what Kurt fans want. (All this might just be my own laziness or maybe I just do not care enough to participate. Embarassed ) I do feel it's more important for the people doing it, feeling the need to share their feelings and especially giving insightfull reminders to the producers and writers that people actually do still care about Kurt being one of the most important ones. Plant a seed not of what we want storyline wise but just generally invest more energy into Kurt's storyline. I feel like I'm creating some sort of Star Wars hero character in my head: Only you Kurt can save our Glee world. Which sadly is partly truth, Glee needs both: Kurt and Rachel.

On that note I refuse to give up on my Hummelberry, despite how irritating they are making Rachel. I know people feel like Kurt has been playing the hag accessorie all through S3, but he's been just a prop to all the others in Glee anyway not just for Rachel. I do find it sometimes annoying when Kurt is labelled as male Rachel, because I don't see it at all. Yes they are ambitious, but on a very different ways. Kurt is inspirationally ambitious, Rachel determinatingly? ambitious. More than any other he's like Mercedes, which relationship was thrown to the waste basket after Kurt came back from Dalton. I found the last efforts of pulling Kurtcedes back together in the very last moments of this season frustrating and since Mercedes is going to LA and Kurt is either in Lima or NY, that's one thing I'm sure we're already losing in S4.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 5/31/2012, 3:30 pm

I do find it sometimes annoying when Kurt is labelled as male Rachel, because I don't see it at all.

They are very different in so many ways. I don't want to say one's characters is "better" or the other "worse" just that their take on things is very distinct. Kurt seems to have more of a need to express himself, whereas Rachel has more of a need to shine and be a star.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/31/2012, 3:33 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Over on GF the most popular hashtag at the moment is #KurtMatters.
Any thoughts?

I think #KurtMatters is the best among the ideas but I'm not sure if it's accurate enough.

As for the issues that matters the most, here's how I rank my top 3:

1) #5- The probability that Kurt's fate will not be handled right and simply solved and dismissed in a few minutes in the first episode of season 4.
2) #6- NYADA being tied up to Kurt not being able to pass, all his gay struggles > his identification.
3) #2- Kurt not getting NYADA, which is too much: another loss after a whole season of losses.

I think that we should focus on the future of kurt in S4 (which is expressed in issues #5 and #6) and explain the reasons which cause the concern and dissatisfaction by using the Kurt's history in S3 (aka issue #2) to support our points.

And I agree with not involving Rachel in this campaign. It may lead to another fan war which doesn't benefit us right now.

PS: Already voted for Claire and Marie for GFA 2012. I hope both of you will win something this round.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 5/31/2012, 3:35 pm

Buenos wrote:
I do find it sometimes annoying when Kurt is labelled as male Rachel, because I don't see it at all.

They are very different in so many ways. I don't want to say one's characters is "better" or the other "worse" just that their take on things is very distinct. Kurt seems to have more of a need to express himself, whereas Rachel has more of a need to shine and be a star.

Yup, I don't see it either dryy They certainly have a lot in common (which makes them bff) but they're certainly NOT THE SAME.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 5/31/2012, 3:44 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
fantastica wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
yessssssssssss!

Or:
It won't get better if you don't stop believin'. blinkk unsure

fantastica wrote:^ can't figure out this brain twister...
It won't will get better if you don't stop believin' (in Glee).

Yeah, I don't get it that well either. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next