Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess who's back?

+4
valkeakuulas
Buenos
fantastica
ColdFlame96
8 posters

Go down

Guess who's back? Empty Guess who's back?

Post  ColdFlame96 7/13/2015, 3:21 pm

So uhh...hi. For those of you who are newer, I'm Gen, I've been around for a while but I've been a bit...shall we say...inactive in the past year. For different reasons.

One of them is just all the negativity that was around when Glee was airing. Like, I completely get it honestly I do but it was starting to affect my mental health in a bad way and I needed to get away. Seeing what they did to Kurt Hummel just absolutely broke my heart because I related to him so much. He literally saved me a couple years ago and I just couldn't handle watching this show which used to be so uplifting basically tell me that I should just settle for the first asshole who gives me the time of then day. That's just such an awful, toxic message to send to people. Not to mention, the actual fandom was downright terrible and kept attacking me and my friends. So I got away.

I tried to stay for Chris, but for a while, everything about him was related to Glee and I wanted to move past it. I've been keeping a close eye on his other projects though and support everything he does.

Another reason was that I was afraid I wasn't welcome back. Don't ask me why it's just that my brain sometimes jumps to those conclusions.

This past year has been such a roller coaster of everything and it's been tough dealing with all of it but I'm back now, I got to meet Chris, and things honestly haven't been better. I'm much more positive than I was last year and I hope to keep that vibe while I can. Smile
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Guess who's back? Empty Re: Guess who's back?

Post  fantastica 7/13/2015, 3:32 pm

Welcome back darling! This is a great time for chris fans. All the TLOS publicity has been keeping everyone glued to the screen for days now and will continue. So happy Glee is over and no more bitching. Just stay away from the Snark and Bark thread because that thread is forever reserved for any negative talk so the rest of the place can stay clean.

Now join us, and celebrate Chris' astounding achievement as a young author (and much more to come). Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/13/2015, 3:39 pm

Welcome back!

It's so exciting that Chris is moving on to new exciting phases of his career for us as fans.  His writing career is going like gangbusters (and I suspect we just have the tip of the iceberg of his writing output...) and a new high profile Noel Coward bio about to start filming.

It's all good.!!

bounce bounce
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/13/2015, 3:42 pm

An author can write from youth til death. Chris is only 25 and he's already published more books than many authors in a life time. he will become an extremely prolific writer as he ages. this plus still doing movies/tv etc. we are lucky to be a chris fan. it can be a life long experience.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/13/2015, 4:48 pm

Hi again! baibai Our love for Chris never goes away. aa54
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/13/2015, 5:05 pm

Welcome back ColdFlame96.baibai  Chris is amazing. aa54  I agree with you about Glee.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/13/2015, 5:22 pm

Welcome back, Gen. koukou

I totally understand how you feel about the negativity the last seasons of Glee (and its fandom) brought: I also often thought that it wasn't good for my health anymore, especially for us who love Kurt so much and saw how he was (mis)treated.
Good for you that you were able to take a step back for a while to protect yourself.

But now there's lots of new, exciting things for Chris to come, I'm sure.
So we can all fangirl together again. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/13/2015, 7:22 pm

Welcome back, Gen! We're glad to have you back. It's been a fun time to be a Chris fan.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/14/2015, 2:50 am

Welcome back Gen. baibai

It's good to see you back.

I can understand how you felt as I had a breakdown after season finale 3.

It is a great time to be a Chris fan. Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down