Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

+27
angelnessa
Lottie2303
opals
coxfire
fountain
valkeakuulas
mindschemez
Kurt addict
YaoiChick
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
fantastica
Georgette888
sjonnepon
bayth
Divalicious
ChrisColfersLightning
tanita_mors
brisallie
Jellyrolls
M&M
sheny
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Ranwing
Buenos
Glorfindel
31 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

Post  M&M 3/22/2014, 2:41 pm

Episode 5x18 title from GOBR. "The Back-up Plan."

Maybe Rachel is a flop. She may be good, but the show doesn't put people in the seats, etc. She gave up school. Whatever will she do? (probably land another lead on Broadway).
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 4 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

Post  Buenos 3/22/2014, 4:58 pm

Already in the all NY episodes, Chris has been spoiled as singing in the first 3 episodes where song spoilers have been revealed.

5.14 New New York,  2 Duets and 1 Group number
5.15 Bash    1 group number 1- ??  (Lea said Kurt has 1 Broadway song coming up, I'm guessing in this episode, either solo or duet)
5.16 Tested  1 Duet
5.17 Opening Night  -0 Spoilers
5.18 Back UP Plan - 0 Spoiler

So far all NY Glee is pretty much how I envisioned it, which is Lea Michele aka Rachel berry as the leading character, just like seasons 1-3.  Getting rid of McKinley for the last half of season and I will make a bold prediction for the rest of the series run was the best outlook for the show.  IF they revisit Lima next year it wil not be with a split narrative, I'm pretty confident of that.

Kurt is  singing more than ever.  AT least 6 songs in the first three NY episodes, maybe more.
Of course I want solos, but once again, Kurt is singing more than Ever in any season.  

bounce bounce bounce
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/22/2014, 7:21 pm

Lol, apparently they caught on on Glee's facebook that a lot of people are thinking Glee is ending next week. And what a better way to tell everyone that Glee is not ending than by using Chris in their promoting again:
They just posted a link to the tvline.com article about Chris writing a future episode.  Rolling Eyes
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/22/2014, 7:25 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Lol, apparently they caught on on Glee's facebook that a lot of people are thinking Glee is ending next week. And what a better way to tell everyone that Glee is not ending than by using Chris in their promoting again:
They just posted a link to the tvline.com article about Chris writing a future episode.  Rolling Eyes

That's Glee promotional department for you!  Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/22/2014, 7:52 pm

fox's marketing is run by professionals. they do their research. they have surveys and studies and all the data on their spreadsheets. if they are pushing "kurt" so heavily that means Kurt is the big selling point. they want him to keep the viewers around or at least slow down the rating bleed. they are not pushing for others (yet) which means so far kurt/chris is the biggest attraction glee has. either that or they have only been reading our forum.  Razz 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/22/2014, 8:31 pm

Well, Chris is attached to so many articles, from his hair to how he has grown into a gorgeous young man. To ones that sang "Roses Turn".

And none of them are interviews or photoshoots such as what Lea has been doing.

The way they write Rachel, many of gone off her, but there is still a lot of love for Kurt, because though some of us argue that Kurt is not the same Kurt we fell in love with Season 1, but they haven't written him as a nasty, hateful character, they have been writing him as a grown up, and they have allowed him to keep those qualities, we love, his loyalty, his good heart, helping his friends.

I thought "Puppet Master" they would make Kurt look bad, but they didn't. We didn't see him blaming anyone else for his mistake, or acting like a Diva.

The way we saw him acting around Blaine in "Moving Out" I hated. I don't like seeing Kurt as anyone's cheerleader.

I do hope this is changing, as there are indications that this might possibly be the case, but I am not believing it unto I see it.  dryy
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 3/23/2014, 2:05 am

I'm almost ready to bet that the producer will run off with the money after opening night, causing the play to fail, but not be because of Rachel. She will have left school, Rachel has had such a lust to GETFAMENOW, and then she won't have school or fame. And I won't care because Rachel never has to try for long before success is handed to her.

I am fairly excited Kurt is getting stuff to do, but hope on Glee is a two edged sword, and until I see that this just isn't a way to woobify Blaine I am holding the huzzahs. I do admit the thought of Kurt being successful when Blaine is not is a wonderful thought, if it happens.

Last edited by Divalicious on 3/23/2014, 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/23/2014, 3:50 am

Divalicious wrote:I'm almost ready to bet that the producer will run off with the money after opening night, causing the play to fail, but not be because of Rachel.  She will have left school, Rachel has had such a lust to GETFAMENOW, and then she won't have school or fame.  And I won't care because Rachel never has to try for long before success is handed to her.  

I am fairly excited Kurt is getting stuff to do, but hope on Glee is a two edged sword, and until I see that this just isn't  a way to woobify Blaine I am holding the huzzahs.  I do admit the thought of Kurt being successful when Blaine is not is a wonderful thought, if it happens.

That is why I am being extremely wary.

Until it is shown on screen, I will then believe it.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/23/2014, 7:08 am

Divalicious wrote:I'm almost ready to bet that the producer will run off with the money after opening night, causing the play to fail, but not be because of Rachel.  She will have left school, Rachel has had such a lust to GETFAMENOW, and then she won't have school or fame.  And I won't care because Rachel never has to try for long before success is handed to her.  

I am fairly excited Kurt is getting stuff to do, but hope on Glee is a two edged sword, and until I see that this just isn't  a way to woobify Blaine I am holding the huzzahs.  I do admit the thought of Kurt being successful when Blaine is not is a wonderful thought, if it happens.

Agree 100%. I might watch if Kurt does end up successful and Blaine Does not.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/23/2014, 8:16 am

Thought I would look at Glee's Facebook page and see the comments to that linked article of Chris writing an episode.
The love and excitement for Chris doing this is lovely to see.  wub 

There are so far 198 comments.

It interesting when I see on tumblr ones watching Season 1 for the first time and saying they fell in love with Kurt and started liking the other characters later on.

These are usually the ones that have watched SBL and then decide to give Glee a go to see Chris in something else.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/23/2014, 9:05 am

I Am Changing is up, Be Okay, and I think Loser Like Me.

I Am Changing sounds really good to me.  neutre 

Most of it is them singing together, Chris gets the beginning and sings more than just two lines. He gets the first part.

Someone else can link them as they would be better at it than me.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 3/23/2014, 9:12 am

I would love it if Kurt and Blaine are both up for something and Kurt ends up beating Blaine for it. I would cheer if that would happen.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/23/2014, 9:17 am

Don't Stop Believing is Lea, Chris, Kevin and Will singing Finn's lines by what I am hearing.  neutre 

It sounds okay but I miss Cory's voice.  :(

It is definitely not the best version, but I actually like it after listening to it again.

Last edited by ColferInspired on 3/23/2014, 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 4 Empty Songs

Post  Kurt addict 3/23/2014, 9:20 am

Some of the songs are out! Don't stop believing has chris Kevin and Matt featured, chris sounds wonderful even though he only one solo verse, it was the first after Rachel starts he song, also Chris and Amber sound amazing on their song, but you do have to listen a couple of times, the song is made for Amber it is so her genre, but Chris comes to the bar great job Smile Smile Smile 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/23/2014, 9:29 am

OMG, 'I Am Changing' is PERFECT!!!!!!!  wub  wub  wub  wub  wub

Links:
- I Am Changing.
- Don't Stop Believing.

*off to hear DSB*
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 4 Empty Don't stop believing

Post  Kurt addict 3/23/2014, 9:30 am

Just listened again after seeing the comment about Chris singing on this and I can't agree I think he sounds great, it's a shame he did not do the whole song dryy 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/23/2014, 9:36 am

Oooooh, I love Kurt's line in DSB too. They let him sing it in his low register!!!  neutre 
I was so afraid they would repeat the Regionals version, with him singing 1 octave higher than the other guys.

And he gets the first line after Rachel! Some things are definitely changing.  hapitgh 

YES!!!! I love it!!!! Both songs!!!!  panik  bounce 
(I was so afraid for 'I Am Changing', but it's amazing.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 4 Empty Songs

Post  Kurt addict 3/23/2014, 9:43 am

I agree I am changing is deffinently going on my iPod I was worried how Chris would sing this when I heard the original but he is just a boy who can! The way he adapts to the different genres is a gift, and he says he's not a singer, I beg to differ
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/23/2014, 9:43 am

Kurt addict wrote:Just listened again after seeing the comment about Chris singing on this and I can't agree I think he sounds great, it's a shame he did not do the whole song dryy 

Sorry about that, they were talking about Darren.  blushh

Chris sounds wonderful. I am not used to hearing him sing that low and it threw me completely. Chris never sounds strained. Maybe I should hand in my Chris fan card.  blushh

I just love I Am Changing. The arrangement is perfect and Chris really keeps up with Amber.

His voice has changed so much, I wish he would put out an album.

Loser Like Me, not good from the comments I am getting, that is the one they were commenting on about someone sounding strained.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/23/2014, 9:47 am

Kurt addict wrote:I agree I am changing is deffinently going on my iPod I was worried how Chris would sing this when I heard the original but he is just a boy who can! The way he adapts to the different genres is a gift, and he says he's not a singer, I beg to differ

Same here.

His singing is amazing.  wub

Chris and Amber's voices just blend together to a powerful harmony as some fan described.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/23/2014, 10:06 am

I am in love with 'I Am Changing'.  wub

Their harmonies are so wonderful. And even though Amber is clearly overpowering him I love how Chris gives her that perfect underlayer of voice and warmth in the harmonies. This is how it should be done.
With how Chris can adapt to a song and to his duet partner there is a lot of strength and greatness in that ability, and when it is audible like it is in 'I Am Changing' it only shows his skills and subtlety. The duet is good because both singers are good and bring the best they have individually and by working together.

Some people (ahum) will probably complain that Chris is hardly audible and Amber is 'overshouting' him, but you know what? Just like with the Adam Lambert duet: when the other singer clearly has the more powerful voice than you then there's nothing wrong or shamefull in letting them lead, while you broaden and complete the duet with harmonies and a few solo lines to literally add another sound/voice.

More powerful =/= 'better'. There are other qualities to a voice than just power and volume. It's not a competition like that when it's a true duet.
It's when 1 singer has to hold back or needs to be dialled softer/weaker so the other singer can vocally keep up or is being made more prominent than their voice can handle when 'serving' as the 2nd voice or harmony backup is a waste and the duet is imbalanced.

OMG, 'I Am Changing' is amazing.   panik
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 3/23/2014, 10:17 am

Get the impression you like that rendition lol is loser like me released? I can't find a link
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 3/23/2014, 10:30 am

Ok found a link and wished I hadn't even Kevin could not save it, just yuk blinkk No No vomit2 
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 3/23/2014, 10:46 am

Chris sounds really great!

I Am Changing is lovely  neutre .

And, the first thing I realized was that Chris was channeling Cory in Don't Stop Believin', and people are saying that a lot on tumblr too.  crycry Hearing the song made me feel so nostalgic and heartachey.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/23/2014, 10:54 am

Links to the other songs:

- Just Give Me A Reason  (okay, better than I thought but missing the power notes)

- Total Eclipse Of The Heart (love it, Cheno and Matt are so good, a bit slow though)

- Party All The Time (meh, Gwyneth Paltrow: that says it all)

- Loser Like Me (not sure yet: like some harmony parts of it but I don't think this is a song that should have been slowed down)

- Be Okay (nice vocals, but not fond of the song. Also getting enough of the Rachel/Santana duets: too many of them and they soured me when it comes to their characters now)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next