Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

+27
angelnessa
Lottie2303
opals
coxfire
fountain
valkeakuulas
mindschemez
Kurt addict
YaoiChick
ChrisColferFan1
Ireth
fantastica
Georgette888
sjonnepon
bayth
Divalicious
ChrisColfersLightning
tanita_mors
brisallie
Jellyrolls
M&M
sheny
ColferInspired
AnneNeville
Ranwing
Buenos
Glorfindel
31 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

Post  Glorfindel 3/30/2014, 4:15 pm

You Make Me Feel So Young – Blaine+Kurt:
Darren sounds nice on this song: they should let him sing more in this area of his vocal range. Chris sounds lovely too, the little that we get of him, that is.
I’m getting a bit tired of this Klaine duet formula, with Darren singing the bulk of the song and Chris harmonizing and echoing on much higher notes. I think it’s time to put the “~” in front of a Klaine ~duet again, as this is far from being a real duet, which sadly happens a lot with Klaine.

People – Rachel:
Very well sung by Lea, powerful and soft at the same time. I think she’s channelling Barbra too much and showing too little of herself, but that has been my problem with the whole ‘Funny Girl’ storyline and Rachel’s obsession with Barbra from the start, so…

Rockstar – Elliot+Kurt:
Really good. Adam is perfect as always (oh, if only he wasn’t just a guest star) and Chris is wonderful too. The music editors made use of their voices well and I love the harmonies.
I wish there was a little more Chris in this duet as well, but at least the distribution of lines is much better than the Klaine ~duet.

The Best Day Of My Life – Blaine+Sam:
I don’t like how high they both have to sing in this song. They just can’t reach the higher notes properly, and it’s painfully audible. I like some of the harmonies though, and the song itself is silly fun enough.

Don’t Sleep In The Subway – Rachel+Artie:
Love this rendition. Their voices match very well and they make them fit the style of the song. I like how soft Lea sounds on this, and how Kevin harmonizes with her without his usual improvisations. Well done.

Downtown – Rachel+Kurt+Blaine+Artie+Sam:
Somehow this song doesn’t come together, it’s like a jumble of voices, each doing something different but not in a good, interesting way.
I like Lea in the beginning of the song but not in the end: too much show and oversinging it. I like Chris’ voice in this style of song, but he lacks the ‘bounce’ of the song a bit: it’s so neat. Really don’t like Darren at all: way too much shouting, and that line near the end…..ouch. Kevin sings good as usual, but his voice doesn’t seem to fit the style of the song: one of the very few times I don’t like Kevin on a song.
And on top of this mess there’s the generic choir repetitions of ‘Downtown’, which are distracting and bringing the song down to karaoke level.

valkeakuulas wrote:Darren sounds a lot like Bublé in this one and for some reason I just identify this particular song with Sinatra. Someone who knows better, (pst! Glorfindel) could tell me that this was done with Buble version in the backround, right?
I actually think it was done with the Sinatra version in mind, but with a more modern sauce poured over it. But I'll look better into it when I review the song.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23

Post  Ranwing 3/30/2014, 5:30 pm

Ok, I'm going to be generous here. Darren sounds about as good as he's able to on YMMFSY. This is the kind of genre he should be singing because his vocal deficits (like his extremely limited range) won't hurt the song to much. But the song only really comes alive when Chris comes in with the harmonies. His tone adds the depth and soul that Darren just can't do on his own. Without Chris singing, the song is just there. Darren sounds pretty flat. With Chris, you get the vibrato that just elevates the number to be more than just hitting notes in time. I can't really call it a duet because it was again primarily a Darren solo with Chris doing the second voice, but it's Chris who's voice makes that song.

I liked Rockstar and the harmonies with Adam and Chris, but again it's unbalanced and it's primarily to showcase Adam. It's a good thing that I love Adam and I know that it's his last song on the show (as well as the Kurt solo we've got coming up in the next episode. The sounded great together than while I would have wanted more Chris (and there was no reason why the song couldn't have been more equally shared), it was still enjoyable. But here's hoping that this is the end of the stunt casting where the guests have to be showcased over the original cast.

Downtown was, as Marie put it, a mixed bag. There really wasn't cohesion with the various singers. Lea started off well but then had to start singing for the cheap seats and I just wanted to hit the mute button. Someone needs to tell Lea that she doesn't have to sing at maximum volume just because she is able to. Chris sounded great and I did enjoy Keven (even if his voice didn't really work with this particular song). Darren and Chord were... there.

Not going to bother saying what I really thought about TBDOML. I didn't like it.

I'm really tired of Lea channeling Barbra all the time and People is a perfect case of that. This is a great example of a problem that I've been having with Lea for a very long time - too much focus on style and not enough on getting a sense of her as an artist beyond her technical ability. It's well sung, but pretty empty.

So not a stellar week, music wise. Nothing that really jumps up and grabs me.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColfersLightning 3/30/2014, 8:24 pm

Well, I have a shocking thing to say!

Rock Star, I was very disappointed, like I normally LOVE Star Kurt duets, but seriously? The Original version was in Chris Range and the part;s Kurt sung sound AMAZING! I would have preferred Rock Star as a solo to be honest  suure I want Kurt to be able to have equal treatment of a duet or more versus than his partner for once, Yeah Rock Star sounded ok, but in my eyes it need less Elliot, More Kurt, or just a Kurt solo.

You Make Me Feel So young, More like too much Auto Tune and much Blaine with a whisper of Kurt, it is sad that Rock Star features Kurt more and Down Town has Kurt singing more verses than YMMFSY and Rock Star Combined! I wish they would stop calling Klaine duet's 'duet's' and just name them Blaine solo with background Kurt moments with Blaine singing during Kurt's parts, at least that way people will not be disappointed when they think they will get to hear and enjoy a song with Kurt actually being heard, that goes for Rock Star Too  vexe 

Down Town, It was ok, Kurt and Rachel sounded nice in the beginning but then it went down hill, it was very sloppy and some people did not need to be in that song and neither did Rachel's signature screaming cries. While it was not too awful, it was ok and not worth a second listen, Tumblr will do me justice and give me Kurt solo lines soon so that is good news!  Smile 

Best Day Of My Life, I like yelling singing sometimes, like in the song 'It's Time' by Imagine Dragons, I really liked that song and the yelling of it all and while I loathe Sam and hate Blaine with a passion, is it weird to admit I liked that song? Idk, I actually like the song, whether if it was the auto tune being nice for once or the happy feeling, or maybe because I can not tell Darren and Chord apart in this song (I like Chord's voice sometimes) This song sound more of a catchy love and happy song that the Klaine duet, So Blam, I will give you a point for this, I actually liked this song. (I won't admit this on my tumblr though.... That is suicide  blinkk )

Don't Sleep In The Subway I really liked it, it was pretty and a really nice Artie and Rachel duet, I would have liked a bit more Artie, but maybe I am sick of some people singing so much that I automatically get annoyed when I here them on too much songs, but yeah, I liked that duet, was the best most equal duet on this episode!

People Was Ok, honestly I kind of sick of the lack of emotion and Robotic Babra wanna be that Rachel has been lately, I want to FEEL her music I want to see Rachel and her talent, not her being a wanna be. So People gets a 5 out of 10 in my eyes, I am not impressed.

So basically this weeks songs I will dislike BOTH Kurt duets because of the lack of him, Rock Star I am sure Kurt would look amazing and yeah they sound good together, but I love Kurt and just because this is not a Klaine duet does not mean I wont dislike it because of lack of Kurt, any duet that gives Kurt the short end of the stick wont sit well with me  unsure I love Kurt's voice in all the songs he sings, just wish he would be treated more fairly.
ChrisColfersLightning
ChrisColfersLightning
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/30/2014, 11:20 pm

I re-read Joaquin's tweet and I think K(B)lainers not going to like episode 16 by the wording he has put, like suggesting they will be raging after the ep. 

And see where the idiot mentions Darren's weight like they are suggesting he has a weight problem, shows they can't seperate Blaine and Darren from the other.  Rolling Eyes 

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 21 Tumblr_n381jsctXU1r8h8p3o2_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/31/2014, 12:00 am

ColferInspired wrote:I re-read Joaquin's tweet and I think K(B)lainers not going to like episode 16 by the wording he has put, like suggesting they will be raging after the ep. 
 Rolling Eyes 

Actually  the impression I get is that the episode doesn't really throw Blaine under the bus per his appearance.  His tweet I took it as "don't get upset as the episode isn't that bad per Darren/Blaine as it appears."

I honestly dont' care that much either way, the get away I get that is important to me is that Kurt is vewed as attractive, hot and in buff physical shape.  It's high time the actual show acknowledged that.   Razz
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/31/2014, 1:51 am

Buenos wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:I re-read Joaquin's tweet and I think K(B)lainers not going to like episode 16 by the wording he has put, like suggesting they will be raging after the ep. 
 Rolling Eyes 

Actually  the impression I get is that the episode doesn't really throw Blaine under the bus per his appearance.  His tweet I took it as "don't get upset as the episode isn't that bad per Darren/Blaine as it appears."

I honestly dont' care that much either way, the get away I get that is important to me is that Kurt is vewed as attractive, hot and in buff physical shape.  It's high time the actual show acknowledged that.   Razz

I don't think that, but the K(B)lainers are expecting Kurt to make room for Blaine to shine, be his cheerleader and let Blaine have the spotlight, while Kurt returns to the background, this is what I am getting from this tweet that that won't happen, as I am sure he is aware of what they are expecting.  dryy 

As this is what they have been talking about on tumblr.  dryy 

And not having Kurt pandering to Blaine would piss a lot of them off.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/31/2014, 2:31 am

^ That's why Blaine is such a horrible character!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/31/2014, 4:49 am

Already predicting "Love Is A Battlefield" another Darren solo, barely any Chris on it.

Darren will ruin this song, he will sound terrible and won't give it the impact that it gave me back in the eighties.

I can hear him screaming already.  dryy 

Chris should have most of this song as I know he would give it that impact, that punch.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/31/2014, 7:15 am

ColferInspired wrote:Already predicting "Love Is A Battlefield" another Darren solo, barely any Chris on it.

Darren will ruin this song, he will sound terrible and won't give it the impact that it gave me back in the eighties.

Chris should have most of this song as I know he would give it that impact, that punch.

From the summary for 5x17 it looks like the Klaine storyline will be mainly about Blaine so it's possible. I lowered my expectations so much after "Rockstar" and "You Make Me Feel So Young". It can't get worse than that, right?

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/31/2014, 8:02 am

sheny wrote:
ColferInspired wrote:Already predicting "Love Is A Battlefield" another Darren solo, barely any Chris on it.

From the summary for 5x17 it looks like the Klaine storyline will be mainly about Blaine so it's possible. I lowered my expectations so much after "Rockstar" and "You Make Me Feel So Young". It can't get worse than that, right?

Ryan wrote New New York so we should have expected Kurt would be short changed.   dryy

But Kurt we won't screen wise as Ryan will probably have them joined at the hip from now on.

As by the mime class they will be in every class together. Chris will be carrying the scenes of course.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/31/2014, 1:24 pm

sheny wrote:From the summary for 5x17 it looks like the Klaine storyline will be mainly about Blaine so it's possible. I lowered my expectations so much after "Rockstar" and "You Make Me Feel So Young". It can't get worse than that, right?
It's Glee, so I wouldn't count on that.  unsure  dryy
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/31/2014, 1:34 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 21 Tumblr_n3b5bzcJ8r1qe476yo1_500

(The link is to a youtube video of just the audio.)

wub  wub  wub

-ETA-
Here's the link to that E! spoiler chat posted a few posts up: link.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/31/2014, 2:28 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
sheny wrote:From the summary for 5x17 it looks like the Klaine storyline will be mainly about Blaine so it's possible. I lowered my expectations so much after "Rockstar" and "You Make Me Feel So Young". It can't get worse than that, right?
It's Glee, so I wouldn't count on that.  unsure  dryy

No, the rock bottom was Season 4 when Chris/Kurt was absent from 3 entire episodes and reduced to a cameo 2 to 3 minutes in at least half a dozen more, with a stretch of 5-6 episodes where he didn't even sing.

Season Five has been an improvement on that by a mile, so in context, I doubt we are going to through the absolute shit trainwreck that was Season 4.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/31/2014, 2:29 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 21 Tumblr_n30rp5OCo51qaxxelo1_500Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 21 Tumblr_n30rp5OCo51qaxxelo2_500

That does look funny...  Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 3/31/2014, 4:46 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 21 Tumblr_n3bg19iVy71r4ezfzo1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/31/2014, 4:53 pm

So wait, Amber is getting an original song on Glee?  

RIB is really throwing the cast bones.  

How long until Darren and Chord get songs on?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/31/2014, 5:07 pm

^Or Lea.  Rolling Eyes
Although I doubt Naya will get her single on the show.

So Amber's original song will be in 5x15, right? The 'Bash' episode. Hmmmm.  humhum
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/31/2014, 5:32 pm

I am looking forward to Amber's song.  neutre 

I am sure Blarren stans are disappointed that Darren doesn't have an original song on the show.

Ryan has Funny Girl for Lea, Chris is writing a episode, Amber now will be showcasing one of her original songs on the show.

I am wondering if Darren and Chord will get something or Kevin.  saispa

There is speculation that Fox and Ryan are now using the show to launch some Glee stars post Glee careers.

It would be interesting if Chris is asked to write more episodes for Season 6 or not.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 3/31/2014, 6:02 pm

I'll be rude and call them just making budget cuts, with these hand downs to the cast. I wonder if using original songs is cheaper and if Chris gets paid extra for writing? Is there perhaps a excisting union rule about the actor/writing credits?

No, but it is nice to hear Amber sing her own songs.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/31/2014, 6:05 pm

Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 21 Tumblr_n3bgusWeDM1qbdepdo1_r1_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/31/2014, 6:27 pm

Chris per screen writers guild/union rules has to be paid separately for a screenwriting credit on Glee.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgette888 3/31/2014, 6:53 pm

Emeli Sande?!!! DAMN, AMBER!!!  bounce 
Georgette888
Georgette888
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/31/2014, 7:29 pm

Georgette888 wrote:Emeli Sande?!!! DAMN, AMBER!!!  bounce 

Ditto that for me Georgette!

bounce  bounce 

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/31/2014, 8:14 pm

ColferInspired wrote:Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23 - Page 21 Tumblr_n3bgusWeDM1qbdepdo1_r1_500

So glad and proud of Amber  Smile 
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 3/31/2014, 8:37 pm

That is awesome for Amber!  Smile 

Also, I checked the episode summary for "Bash" on my DVR and it was Rachel makes a decision about future and Kurt is no the receiving end of an attack. It also had a V rating for intense violence. This is going to be super hard to watch, isn't it.  No
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next