Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014

+12
Ranwing
sheny
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
Lottie2303
brisallie
Jellyrolls
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
Georgette888
Buenos
bayth
16 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014

Post  brisallie 3/4/2014, 6:55 pm

@Marie, What Ellen said about Liza that she didn't find funny?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 5 Empty Re: Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014

Post  fantastica 3/4/2014, 6:58 pm

i felt sad to see Kim Novak. the golden girl of Hictchcock lost not only her voice but her face too. as a middle aged woman myself i can totally understand the frustration of losing one's beauty when we get older, but after seeing her, i never wanted to get any surgical work done on my face. i will look old and winkled but at least i will look like a normal old lady. there's nothing worse than having a face that resemble some horror movie freaks.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/4/2014, 7:03 pm

brisallie wrote:@Marie, What Ellen said about Liza that she didn't find funny?
"I have to say that's one of the most amazing Liza Minnelli impersonators I've ever seen in my entire life," she said, pointing out Minnelli sitting in the audience next to sister Lorna Luft. "Good job, sir."

ptdr
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/4/2014, 8:31 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
brisallie wrote:@Marie, What Ellen said about Liza that she didn't find funny?
"I have to say that's one of the most amazing Liza Minnelli impersonators I've ever seen in my entire life," she said, pointing out Minnelli sitting in the audience next to sister Lorna Luft. "Good job, sir."

ptdr

ptdr Now I see why she felt upset.

P.S I've seen Grant Gustin instagram and his new name is "Grace Gerbson" (yeah he also used Travolta's name generator  tonguue this guy is so funny) http://instagram.com/p/lHAVOGgVMI/
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/4/2014, 8:38 pm

Heard Lisa Minelli said she was cool with the joke.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/4/2014, 8:52 pm

I am now Elijah Tayzlor.  Razz
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/4/2014, 9:27 pm

Buenos wrote:Heard Lisa Minelli said she was cool with the joke.
Not really, it was very visible during the Oscars that Liza was not amused, although I've got to give it to her that she handled it with grace afterwards:

Liza, 67, spoke to TMZ about her feelings towards the joke, suggesting it had been misunderstood.

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 5 Article-2573116-1BFA929800000578-374_634x420
Falling flat? Liza Minnelli was visibly unimpressed with the joke made by Ellen on Sunday night's Oscars

Chris at the Elton John Oscar Viewing Party 2014 - Page 5 Article-2573116-1BFABBEB00000578-789_634x491
Not impressed: Liza has said she though Ellen's joke 'went a little stray on her, I don't think she meant any harm at all'

'I think she thought it would be funny. But she never stopped after she said it, and said "My friend Liza Minelli"'.

Adding: 'So I think it went a little stray on her, I don't think she meant any harm at all, and I think she's a wonderful lady, and I think she did great.
Video at the link:dailymail
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/4/2014, 9:42 pm

Not really, it was very visible during the Oscars that Liza was not amused, although I've got to give it to her that she handled it with grace afterwards:

Well yeah, but she realized no real harm was intended, that's what I meant when I said "she was cool with the joke".  They are obviously friends and let's face facts, just like her mother , there are a million Lisa impersonators out there and Lisa has said previously she feels honored by the "homage".  The setup was there but the execution wasn't all that at the end.  I'm glad Lisa was a good sport about it after the fact.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 3/4/2014, 9:49 pm

Buenos wrote:

Well yeah, but she realized no real harm was intended, that's what I meant when I said "she was cool with the joke".  They are obviously friends and let's face facts, just like her mother , there are a million Lisa impersonators out there and Lisa has said previously she feels honored by the "homage".  The setup was there but the execution wasn't all that at the end.  I'm glad Lisa was a good sport about it after the fact.

And in the immortal words of the song - 'It's Liza With A 'Z', Not Lisa With A 'S''.   fanny2

bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/4/2014, 9:57 pm

My Travolta name is Kieran Yoing. Does that make me related to Oliver?

Everyone is talking about how John got the name down perfect in the rehearsals on Saturday, so they were surprised by mistake.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2014, 11:17 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:My Travolta name is Kieran Yoing.

why hello sista, my name is Kain Yoing, your long lost twin!

in fact, try any last name starting w/ "y" and you will be a "Yoing".
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/4/2014, 11:36 pm

fantastica wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:My Travolta name is Kieran Yoing.

why hello sista, my name is Kain Yoing, your long lost twin!

in fact, try any last name starting w/ "y" and you will be a "Yoing".

Noooooooo! Damn you, Travolta!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/4/2014, 11:45 pm

geez, you should be proud to join my family! i have feline blood in me.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 3/4/2014, 11:51 pm

bayth wrote:
Buenos wrote:

And in the immortal words of the song - 'It's Liza With A 'Z', Not Lisa With A 'S''.   fanny2

Eh I went Travolta. Razz 
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/5/2014, 7:30 pm

Chris in the background for like a split second at appr. 1.54:

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5