Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, everyone!

+3
Jellyrolls
fantastica
MoviesAreLife
7 posters

Go down

Hi, everyone! Empty Hi, everyone!

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/16/2013, 9:29 pm

Meep! I hate introducing myself! *waves* Hello! My name is Heather, and I've been a long time lurker at this board ever since SBL made it's worldwide debut at the Tribecca Film Festival. I am a HUGE Chris Colfer fan, Kurt Hummel fan and, yes, Glee fan. I've adored Chris for about two years now, and I find him to be a huge inspiration, having been bullied myself and having the same dreams he has. I feel a little awkward saying that I look up to this young man who is two years younger than I am, but he really is a role model. He is everything I want to be as an artist and as a decent human being. Also, we're both gay! (Though I can make an exception for him!) wub

Ummm....let's see. I love movies and I am a film buff. I love books and I love to write. A hobby of mine is writing fanfiction for RENT, Glee and anything that involves Chris, including SBL and TLOS. In fact, I'm working on my third SBL fanfic as I type this. Chris Colfer is my muse. Smile We seem to have the same love of the performing arts, literature, psychology, film and so on.

I'm sorry if my posts are riddled with tons of spelling errors. Despite loving to write, I am not the best speller. God bless spellcheck.

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 1/19/2013, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Hi, everyone! Empty Re: Hi, everyone!

Post  fantastica 1/16/2013, 10:01 pm

Welcome Heather! don't worry about spelling. mine will never pass 3rd grade if they get graded. just express yourself. we are all nice people here. Smile

again welcome and feel comfy here! hugs
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/16/2013, 11:15 pm

Welcome Heather!

Don't worry about spelling. I always say that I don't take off points for spelling and grammar errors.

I am a big "Rent" fan. I have scene "Rent" over 50 times. If you are just two years older than Chris, you were still in grammar school the first time I saw Rent back in 1996 (with the original Broadway cast).

And it's not awkward that Chris is your role model. I'm old enough to be his fun favorite aunt, and I find him inspiring. He is truly a remarkable young man!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/17/2013, 7:14 am

Welcome Heather! I am too years older than Chris as well so we are probably similar age :-)
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/17/2013, 8:23 am

Hi Heather.
Anyone who can mention Rent, Glee, Chris, SBL and TLoS in one sentence is very welcome here. fanny2

Thanks for de-lurking, and enjoy this forum! neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/17/2013, 9:14 am

Welcome, Heather! flower

I am... more than two years older than Chris... and I also consider him to be an inspiration and a good role model; so no awkwardness there, I assure you.

Seeing that you still hold much love for Glee, I'm relieved that our furious ranting of the show in the Glee threads haven't scared you off. Quite a few of us had voiced the sentiment of suffering through the show for the sake of Chris, and I am one of them ooppss

Anyway, I hope to see you around more. Thanks for de-lurking!
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 1/17/2013, 4:41 pm

Hi, everyone! Tumblr_m3297yPVjW1rt28hlo3_250

Hey Heather!! Welcome to the forum!! I'm so glad you de-lurked, we could always use more friends around here. Smile I hope you have lots of fun and enjoy yourself here.

No worries about misspelling! If you're weird like me you can always go back and edit your posts so they look better spelled. ooppss And that's awesome that you love to write and to read, so do I - I'm going to college for a degree in English in fact. So we're somewhat kindred spirits. hapitgh

Can't wait to see you in other threads! baibai
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/18/2013, 4:56 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, you guys! I feel so loved! Smile

And EEK at seeing RENT on Broadway during the 1996 run! Did you go to the stage door afterwards?! That's amazing! I met a RENThead from the 1990's a few years ago. Her name was Carly, and I met her when a small local playhouse (called The TownHall Arts Center) put on a local production of RENT. She looked familiar to me and I could've sworn she was my age and went to high school with me several years ago....but nope! Some people just never age.

And it's okay about the ranting. I understand. Some things do not sit well with me when it comes to Glee as well. I wanted to punch a wall when they refused to let Kurt into NYADA last year, I loathe how they always, always seem to make Kurt suffer and never let him have a moment of peace and happiness without taking it away. I don't like their rather schizophrenic approach to Quinn and the brain-dead dumbing down of Brittany. Also, I really hate the fetish they seem to have over the bitchy characters. I am so sick of really bitchy characters on that show. Nonetheless, I appreciate the show for helping LGBT kids everywhere and I will always be grateful to the show for launching the career of Chris.

And thank you, Erin. It's nice to have a "soul sister"! Wink

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum