Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windy City Live - 20/07/2012

+7
fountain
tanita_mors
Divalicious
ColferInspired
fantastica
brisallie
arina
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Windy City Live - 20/07/2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Windy City Live - 20/07/2012

Post  brisallie 8/3/2012, 1:24 pm

Glorfindel wrote:
Yeah, the little mermaid sure suffered from Kurt Hummel syndrome: no matter how hard you try and sacrifice, it ain't gonna work out, kid. 'Cause "That's what happens." dryy
(At least the little mermaid chose her destiny herself out of love.)

RIB could learn from Hans Christian Andersen (quote):
“Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”

Talking about Hans Christian Andersen:
Chris really lived the Ugly Duckling fairytale: being ridiculed for who he was and not fitting in because of it, and then finding out he is not like them nay-sayers at all and more beautiful than he'd ever imagined himself to be (and I think Chris is slowly realizing this when he sees his reflection in the pond). fanny2

Another Hans Christian Andersen quote:
“Being born in a duck yard does not matter, if only you are hatched from a swan's egg.”
wub

I found out about the real story of Little Mermaid when I was obssesed with the original version of fairytales and it made me feel so sad because I grew up with the Disney version and suddenly I discovered she didn't have a happy ending, though it was her decision at the end, unlike what happened with Kurt.

I love Ugly Duckling and I wish Chris explores that fairytale into his TLOS sequel.

BTW I like the quotes from Hans Christian Andersen. Mainly the first related to LIVE the life, not just living by inertia.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/3/2012, 1:34 pm

I read the book version of Little Mermaid first. I was saddened but liked the original version so much more than the cheesy sugary Disney crap. Disney did hte same thing to Hunchback of Nortra Dam. They complete ruined the story but giving it a happy ending and taken away all the complexity of hte story. Sure it's for kids, but I saw a movie version of the Hunchback when I was a kid, and it really struck me. Yes I was very young (not 5, more than 9 or 10) but I really appreciate the story and its sad ending.

now I don't mind at all if modern auhtors want to change the tone, characterization and plotlines of classics completely, but don't call it the same name. otherwise it will give people who never read the original book a totally wrong impression of the classics.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/3/2012, 2:16 pm

fantastica wrote:now I don't mind at all if modern auhtors want to change the tone, characterization and plotlines of classics completely, but don't call it the same name. otherwise it will give people who never read the original book a totally wrong impression of the classics.
When a movie or new adaptation of a story gets made, I think it still needs to be the same story: the same characters, the same problem, the same solution, the same journey, the same ending. Or else: why bother at all?
When you mess with that it's not the same story anymore, and you should rename it. There's still enough freedom and ways to tell the story in another, new way, with all these 'restrictions' build in.

I love the Disney movies, but a lot of them twist too much of the plot.
-Snowwhite was quite okay, even though they never mentioned the poisoned comb and the corset, and some other things.
-I didn't mind nice mice dancing and singing in Cinderella, because her predicament, journey and her destiny still remained the same.
-Sleeping Beauty was plain bad, but at least there was overprotective parents, a spinning wheel, an evil fairy, and the princess fell asleep to be kissed by her prince.
-The Little Mermaid was horrible: almost nothing of the original fairytale was left, and absolutely nothing of the moral and message. I still love the Disney movie for the singing fish and Sebastian the Crab, but as a fairytale and Hans Christian Andersen lover I was not amused. I mean, to make it an uplifting movie Disney still could have let the little mermaid live, maybe saved by her dad Triton and brought back to the sea, and that would have been fine by me. But having a villian like Ursula manipulate/put a spell on the prince and his bride, so that the point of the story was taken away completely (Ariel choosing to accept the conditions of her own bargain and die so that her prince could be happy with the woman he loved) ? nowee

Lol, I think Chris has one of his wishes for writing TLOS fulfilled: we're talking about (original) fairytales. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 8/5/2012, 1:47 am

Glorfindel wrote:
RIB could learn from Hans Christian Andersen (quote):
“Just living is not enough... One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”

That's a interesting quote. Thanks for sharing it. I did't know that Han Christian Andersen can be philosophical a well. neutre

Glorfindel wrote:
Talking about Hans Christian Andersen:
Chris really lived the Ugly Duckling fairytale: being ridiculed for who he was and not fitting in because of it, and then finding out he is not like them nay-sayers at all and more beautiful than he'd ever imagined himself to be (and I think Chris is slowly realizing this when he sees his reflection in the pond). fanny2

Very true.

Most people do appreciate beauty and want to follow celebrities who are good-looking. However, most celebrities, once you delve deeper into their personal lives, tend to disappoint. Fractured families. Extramarital affairs. Drugs or drunkenness. Sex tape scandals.

Chris only made me admire him more the more I find out about him.

I'm grateful that Chris continues to grow as a fine young man, with his exterior finally catching up and matching his inner beauty wub
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/5/2012, 7:15 am

Delight wrote:Very true.

Most people do appreciate beauty and want to follow celebrities who are good-looking. However, most celebrities, once you delve deeper into their personal lives, tend to disappoint. Fractured families. Extramarital affairs. Drugs or drunkenness. Sex tape scandals.

Chris only made me admire him more the more I find out about him.

I'm grateful that Chris continues to grow as a fine young man, with his exterior finally catching up and matching his inner beauty wub
Maybe that's the 'inner light' people describe when having seen him (like now, on the book tour)? fanny2

Some very good looking people (in Hollywood) still look unattractive to me, because they don't have inner beauty. Whereas some not so beautiful looking people (according to the standards of society) are very appealing nonetheless, because you sense that they are wonderful people inside. neutre
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 8/5/2012, 2:52 pm

I had always considered Chris attractive, even in his baby fat days. I guess I could see, with his bone structure, what could be, and boy was I right!! I also found his personality and honesty very attractive. Intelligence is a turn on as well. He also seems to be a bit of a handy man, considering he was working to fix his treadmill.

Is there such a thing as a humble peacock? Because Chris is positively iridescent, and he looks so good in blue.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 8/5/2012, 3:13 pm

Divalicious wrote:I had always considered Chris attractive, even in his baby fat days. I guess I could see, with his bone structure, what could be, and boy was I right!! I also found his personality and honesty very attractive. Intelligence is a turn on as well. He also seems to be a bit of a handy man, considering he was working to fix his treadmill.

Is there such a thing as a humble peacock? Because Chris is positively iridescent, and he looks so good in blue.

His dad is an electrian or a builder? I'm sure his had his share of 'let me show yous'. Laughing And I agree it's a turn on however he has admitted that he does not know for example how to change a tire in one of Glee interviews. Maybe he's just eager and tries before saying 'Nope, can't do that' which itself is a big plus. OR again he's just a typical man with the excessive need to pull everything apart and see what's it made of?
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2