Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12

+12
brisallie
BlueJazz
E-ko
tanita_mors
ColferInspired
paulopf
msjoanlucette
Shinra17
Emile
fantastica
Jellyrolls
bayth
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 Empty Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12

Post  bayth 6/17/2012, 4:13 pm

Chris will be doing a online interview with the guys from GoldDerby tomorrow at 3PM eastern/12 pacific. You can tweet questions you want to ask Chris to @goldderby. It will be broadcast live at GoldDerby.com On the Gold Derby site it says it will be an hour long! (It looks like there will also be Gabriel Macht present (shoot).)
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 Empty Re: Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12

Post  Jellyrolls 6/17/2012, 4:28 pm

Very cool, but why does it have to be when I'm at work?
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 Empty Re: Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12

Post  fantastica 6/17/2012, 4:41 pm

i want to know if he can ride horses.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/17/2012, 6:00 pm

OH!! Cool! I just hope they don't aks him questions to which he answered too many times or some Glee-related questions that can put him in a difficult position to answer.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/17/2012, 8:53 pm

I guess it's a good thing and means that Chris is still on their radar, but from their last year reaction to Chris's choice for the submitted episode, I must say that they have quite dropped in my consideration.

Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 Tumblr_m5s0tgopjk1qe476yo1_500

TOMORROW

ET: 3PM
GMT(UK time) : 8PM
PT : Noon
Holland/Belgium/France/Spain/Denmark/Germany/Sweden : 9PM
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 6/17/2012, 9:32 pm

I really hope some great soul records it because I'll be busy at the time too. :/
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/17/2012, 9:37 pm

^I'm sure tumblr will provide.

@ Shinra: what was that reaction? I think I missed that.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/17/2012, 10:05 pm

^ Goldderby wanted Chris to submit BTW for the competition and set him as a favorite with that episode, instead Chris came up with GC and the tone of their attitude towards Chris turned really negative, if I remember correctly, they even said that Chris can't act.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/17/2012, 10:14 pm

^Really? Idiots.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/18/2012, 12:07 am

I would love to watch this but it would be too late for me. Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 1371890812

I hope when someone does upload it that it is put on Youtube so I can watch it. It's easier that way, and I can watch it at the library and not have my housemate complaining about using up megabytes.

Flashplayer is blocked at my library. Which I think is stupid. Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 3181402168
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 6/18/2012, 3:58 am

Shinra17 wrote:^ Goldderby wanted Chris to submit BTW for the competition and set him as a favorite with that episode, instead Chris came up with GC and the tone of their attitude towards Chris turned really negative, if I remember correctly, they even said that Chris can't act.

So I was really bothered by that and went to look it up... yeah... I know I shouldn't have... I mean it was a year ago... and you can't really change their opinions... and you basically said what they said.... but idk... curiosity killed the cat... D:
do you remember exactly if it was in an article or in a video? because I was just watching this video that sort of snubbed Chris's choice also. >.> It was really bothersome to watch because there were three guys talking about if Chris stood a chance. and one of the guys kept saying that Kurt was really irritating and whiny in Grilled Cheesus and that he wanted to slap him. :/
watching this though did make me wonder if Chris could've had a better chance if it was a different episode.... but like....they were still really annoying...
well this is the link to what I was watching... but was it the same thing you were talking about? :O because they didn't mention that he couldn't act as far as I could tell
http://www.goldderby.com/television/news/1764/emmy-showdown-ty-burrell-vs.-chris-colfer-for-comedy-supporting-actor-[video].html
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/18/2012, 4:37 am

^ I think it was an article, surely a kind of article about forecasts but I can't give you links, I followed the whole thing on my dash on tumblr, with as usual most informations brought by the comments of the bloggers, and the comments were rather violent. About the "can't act" line, I still remember the response by a TV reviewer on twitter: "saying Chris Colfer can't act is like saying Darren Criss has no eyebrow" lol.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 6/18/2012, 4:50 am

^ oh well. I guess what's done is done. I guess it was silly of me to try and look for it because it probably wouldn't have changed anything (and probably would have made it worse...)
but it's really cool that the tv reviewer defended chris. :D haha darren criss has triangle eyebrows.
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/18/2012, 6:18 am

Frankly, Chris wouldn't have had a chance with either episode to win. That one guy was pissed off because his choice (BTW) wasn't accepted as the right one. I think the owner or the site or their lead critic is a big fan of Chris (he predicted his win both years).

If Chris was in the lead actor category - GC would have broth him an Emmy. It doesn't matter it it's mostly drama, that can work for lead. The problem is that supporting is set as the funny category, and the voters have no problem nominating talent and good performances but they do have a problem awarding them. With the material he has been getting, Chris will only win if the voters feel he deserves one and they give it to him no matter the episodes submited.

Chris is hardly the first guy who didn't win with a fantastic submission. Take Hugh Loury (House MD) - 6 noms, Micheal C Hall (Dexter) - i think 4 or 5, Steve Carell (The Office) 6 or 7, John Hall (Mad Man) - 4 noms - all leads with multiple Emmy nominations and with some great submissions over the years who haven't won yet.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 6/18/2012, 6:33 am

I remember that brouhaha. It's a good thing I stopped putting stock in any kind of TV critic-opinion around the time Chris got his first nom. It's not much different from fandom-tudes, afterall. Lol.

While I'm not too concerned about the questions, and I'm sure most of them will be silly and/or repetitive in nature, I'm hoping they don't bring up the Gay Equality Project or anything in that vein (-- Murphy was bad enough). That's just a hotbed of awkwardness waiting to happen, and as the only LGBT member of the main cast actually representing an LGBT character it will just serve to put unnecessary pressure and crosshairs on Chris.

I'm sure there'll be .gifs and footage if he mentions Darren in any way, though, lucky us.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/18/2012, 11:59 am

E-ko wrote:
While I'm not too concerned about the questions, and I'm sure most of them will be silly and/or repetitive in nature, I'm hoping they don't bring up the Gay Equality Project or anything in that vein (-- Murphy was bad enough). That's just a hotbed of awkwardness waiting to happen, and as the only LGBT member of the main cast actually representing an LGBT character it will just serve to put unnecessary pressure and crosshairs on Chris.

Agreed. Even though I think it's right for people to start that project, I don't think Chris has anything to do it despite being an openly gay in Hollywood. He has no control over the gay couple representation on Glee and he doesn't need to take that shit Evil or Very Mad

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/18/2012, 2:52 pm

BlueJazz wrote:
E-ko wrote:

Agreed. Even though I think it's right for people to start that project, I don't think Chris has anything to do it despite being an openly gay in Hollywood. He has no control over the gay couple representation on Glee and he doesn't need to take that shit Evil or Very Mad

That all what he needs: carry on the flag of the "Gay Equality Project" by himself. I know he's actually the only one who's part of LGBT playing an LGBT character but this lack of equal distribution has to be managed by RIB, not by him, besides the actors who play the other LGBT characters could say something as well. Anyway, we can't stop the silly and repetitive questions but hopefully they choose the better ones. I meant Didn't he answered some questions from a website some weeks ago which were quite good actually? This could be the same Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 6/18/2012, 3:36 pm

I don't mind Chris being asked heavy questions. I think he has a good head on his shoulders. The problem is that fandom tends to dissect everything that comes out of his mouth to turn it into something offensive. I agree, though, that it's not fair he has to cover up, in this instance and others, for Glee's runners' incapacities.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/18/2012, 4:10 pm

The Live stream if someone wanna watch it now http://www.ustream.tv/GoldDerby#utm_campaign=t.co&utm_source=8339252&utm_medium=social

Mr. Colfer is looking fine but too pale lol

Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 Tumblr_m5tuh7cmrX1r14vw7o1_500
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/18/2012, 4:18 pm

^I tried to go on the livestream link, and the interviewer said that people were tweeting their love for Chris' hair. LOL.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/18/2012, 4:21 pm

^

Not only that! I'm in the chat room and some are even saying "Chris take off your t-shirt" OMG they're pervs blinkk Meanwhile in the social stream some people is tweeting "We want Brian!" or just "Brian" lol
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/18/2012, 4:26 pm

^He just said his cat was meowing. :3
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/18/2012, 4:33 pm

Emile wrote:^He just said his cat was meowing. :333

I know. That why some people wanted to see Brian. Do you imagine to see the cat on his lap during the interview? Razz

Anyway, I think I gonna have a nice afternoon now.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/18/2012, 4:43 pm

^Have fun! Here is night. :|

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Colfer addresses how affection is shown on Glee:

Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/18/2012, 4:47 pm

^
Thanks. I wanted to post that video but I have no idea how ... How did you do?

The moment Chris is telling to Brian "I'm on in the interview" :cute:

Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 Tumblr_m5tvs3ZbUm1qlpwmwo1_250Live Online Interview With GoldDerby.com 6/18/12 Tumblr_m5tvs3ZbUm1qlpwmwo2_250
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum