Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

+10
E-ko
bayth
Emile
Delight
brisallie
Jellyrolls
BlueJazz
fantastica
Shinra17
arina
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL Empty Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  arina 6/7/2012, 1:20 am

About new movie!

“Glee” Star Chris Colfer, 22, Sells Hot Film to DeNiro Company, and Publishes First Novel
You may know Chris Colfer from “Glee.” He’s just turned 22, and he’s threatening to become the next James Franco. The terrific film he wrote and starred in, “Struck by Lightning.” has been sold, I’m told, to Tribeca Films, Robert DeNiro and Jane Rosenthal’s company. This very mordant comedy hits every note just right, in the same vein as “Juno,” “Little Miss Sunshine” or “Napoleon Dynamite.”
The word is that Tribeca will release it in mid -December. Colfer, who has to return to “Glee” soon, is keeping busy sort of 24/7. He’s written a horror film he hopes to shoot next winter in Louisiana. “We were going to shoot it in August,” he told me at People magazine’s swanky party for the BEA Book convention last night at the Top of the Standard.
“Then we realized there’s no snow in Louisiana now.” Whoops! So Colfer will keep busy promoting his new book, “The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell,” the first part of a trilogy for teens, which Little Brown for Young Readers publishes on July 17th.
And yes, he is just 22 (on May 27th). This Colfer kid is a keeper. More projects are coming. And what about “Glee”? He told me the actors don’t know exactly what’s happening until they get their first scripts. But Colfer’s character graduated from high school, so now he and the other grads will head to New York as “Glee” becomes a show within a show

But I heard there is no snow in Louisiana in the winter either, so I don't know what is going on.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL Empty Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  Shinra17 6/7/2012, 1:28 am

Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL Empty Re: Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  fantastica 6/7/2012, 4:54 am

Louisiana has a sub tropical weather. I don't think it ever snowed. Midwest yes but not the golf coast.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/7/2012, 6:53 am

arina wrote:
“Glee” Star Chris Colfer, 22, Sells Hot Film to DeNiro Company, and Publishes First Novel
You may know Chris Colfer from “Glee.” He’s just turned 22, and he’s threatening to become the next James Franco. The terrific film he wrote and starred in, “Struck by Lightning.” has been sold, I’m told, to Tribeca Films, Robert DeNiro and Jane Rosenthal’s company. This very mordant comedy hits every note just right, in the same vein as “Juno,” “Little Miss Sunshine” or “Napoleon Dynamite.”
The word is that Tribeca will release it in mid -December. Colfer, who has to return to “Glee” soon, is keeping busy sort of 24/7. He’s written a horror film he hopes to shoot next winter in Louisiana. “We were going to shoot it in August,” he told me at People magazine’s swanky party for the BEA Book convention last night at the Top of the Standard.
“Then we realized there’s no snow in Louisiana now.” Whoops! So Colfer will keep busy promoting his new book, “The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell,” the first part of a trilogy for teens, which Little Brown for Young Readers publishes on July 17th.
And yes, he is just 22 (on May 27th). This Colfer kid is a keeper. More projects are coming. And what about “Glee”? He told me the actors don’t know exactly what’s happening until they get their first scripts. But Colfer’s character graduated from high school, so now he and the other grads will head to New York as “Glee” becomes a show within a show

But I heard there is no snow in Louisiana in the winter either, so I don't know what is going on.

Yay for SBL getting a distributor ! hola I read from p_f that Robert DeNiro was present when Chris accepted his Golden Globe award neutre I think you can see his reaction from the video but I have no idea what does he look like tonguue

I wish SBL is released earlier as I have no patience but my birthday is around mid-December so... Smile No idea about the new horror movie, though. I wish they're still working on it because I JUST CAN'T WAIT to see Chris playing an insane character Razz Plus, I kinda like horror movies coool

@bolded : Can people stop including this Glee shit after all the flawless news about Chris ? dryy I hate to feel a little less excited for Chris because of this stupid show that he happens to be in. Chris, please get a new and better series so that I can spend more time stanning for you in front of my screen.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/7/2012, 9:03 am

about the new movie: will chris sport a southern accent since the locale is set in Lousianna? and that state gets snow like once every 5 or 10 yrs and if it does snow it never accumulates on the ground. If he wants snow he should look west.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/7/2012, 9:30 am

He should film it in Boston so I can be an extra
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/7/2012, 9:35 am

^ and tons of snow to boot. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/7/2012, 10:25 am

BlueJazz wrote:
arina wrote:

Yay for SBL getting a distributor ! hola I read from p_f that Robert DeNiro was present when Chris accepted his Golden Globe award neutre I think you can see his reaction from the video but I have no idea what does he look like tonguue

I wish SBL is released earlier as I have no patience but my birthday is around mid-December so... Smile No idea about the new horror movie, though. I wish they're still working on it because I JUST CAN'T WAIT to see Chris playing an insane character Razz Plus, I kinda like horror movies coool

@bolded : Can people stop including this Glee shit after all the flawless news about Chris ? dryy I hate to feel a little less excited for Chris because of this stupid show that he happens to be in. Chris, please get a new and better series so that I can spend more time stanning for you in front of my screen.

I remember Robert DeNiro was in front of the stage and he looked quite interested, I even remember a woman was telling him something to his ear, probably who was this boy giving a speech to everyone after won a GG. So I'm glad his company gonna be the distributor. And hopefully the movie release gonna be your BEST birthday present ever!

I'm also SO excited for his new movie and we finally know when he's gonna start shooting, though is he the one who choose the places? Maybe he's not an expert in weather but I think he did a research about Lousiana's winter weather at least.

brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 6/7/2012, 10:46 am

BlueJazz wrote:

If we are getting so irritated just reading about journalists bugging Chris for Glee spoilers when he's answering questions about his own projects, you can imagine what it must be like for Chris. In fact, he's had a lot to say about journalists who have Glee or Kurt tunnel-vision when they try to (pretend to) interview him about The Land of Stories in his BEA speech.

Chris has the patience of a saint, to be able to deal with these sorts of people suure
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/7/2012, 4:14 pm

arina wrote:About new movie!

Whoo, finally the movie distributions deal! Even if the guy doesn't sound so sure. Shocked

And I'm excited for the new movie, at the end he hasn't abandoned this project!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/7/2012, 4:20 pm

BlueJazz wrote:I read from p_f that Robert DeNiro was present when Chris accepted his Golden Globe award neutre I think you can see his reaction from the video but I have no idea what does he look like tonguue

Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL Gghd----74654-3544aa4
From right to left, in the circles, you have Michael Douglas, Robert de Niro and Ann Hathaway, who are all focused on Chris.

brisallie wrote:I remember Robert DeNiro was in front of the stage and he looked quite interested, I even remember a woman was telling him something to his ear, probably who was this boy giving a speech to everyone after won a GG.
I don't really understand how can people know what the celebrities are talking about in the crowd, unless you can read on the lips but Chris said in an interview that De Niro was watching Glee, so I guess he knew who Chris was.

Last edited by Shinra17 on 6/7/2012, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/7/2012, 4:24 pm

Shinra17 wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:I read from p_f that Robert DeNiro was present when Chris accepted his Golden Globe award neutre I think you can see his reaction from the video but I have no idea what does he look like tonguue

Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL Gghd----74654-3544aa4
From right to left, in the circles, you have kirk Douglas, Robert de Niro and Ann Hathaway, who are all focused on Chris.

brisallie wrote:I remember Robert DeNiro was in front of the stage and he looked quite interested, I even remember a woman was telling him something to his ear, probably who was this boy giving a speech to everyone after won a GG.
I don't really understand how can people know what the celebrities are talking about in the crowd, unless you can read on the lips but Chris said in an interview that De Niro was watching Glee, so I guess he knew who Chris was.

Psst. Isn't it Michael Douglas? Kirk is like a million years old.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 6/7/2012, 4:26 pm

Delight wrote:
Chris has the patience of a saint, to be able to deal with these sorts of people suure

Sure he has wub I might have lost my temper if I were in his position tonguue

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 6/7/2012, 4:27 pm

@karen: LOL I was watching pics from a movie with him and Lauren Bacall and I forgot his son... Laughing
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 6/7/2012, 6:14 pm

What I loved about that Golden Globe moment was Anne Hathaway giving Chris a standing ovation as he's walking to the podium. I believe Chris is the reason she had any interest in doing Glee. She wanted to work with him - she recognizes his talent.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 6/7/2012, 6:39 pm

^ Anne Hathaway is such a gorgeous human being that I'm still not sure if I'm sad that Chris didn't get to work with her or glad that she hasn't had to put up with Glee's bad management etc. Her public call-out of Murphy was splendid, though.

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  fountain 6/7/2012, 7:20 pm

E-ko wrote: Her public call-out of Murphy was splendid, though.

What public call out?

fountain
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/7/2012, 7:31 pm

she was on one of hte talk shows and they asked what happened to her glee deal and she said rm never called her. so she yelled to the camera "hay ryan murphy, call me" or something like that.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/7/2012, 7:38 pm

Delight wrote:...

He needs that patience!!! Because most of the interviews are gonna be related to Glee until he's definitely leaving the show. Gosh,I remember the speech from yesterday and I burst out of laughing when he said "tell us something about working with Lindsay Lohan" so the best weapon he has to deal with this, besides his huge patience, is his sense of humour Razz

bayth wrote:What I loved about that Golden Globe moment was Anne Hathaway giving Chris a standing ovation as he's walking to the podium. I believe Chris is the reason she had any interest in doing Glee. She wanted to work with him - she recognizes his talent.

Love that moment wub Anne seemed genuinely happy for him Smile

she was on one of hte talk shows and they asked what happened to her glee deal and she said rm never called her. so she yelled to the camera "hay ryan murphy, call me" or something like that.

Really?!! Do you remember the talk show? I wanna see that moment hahahaha
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/8/2012, 12:32 am

That is really great news about Chris's movie. Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL 650269930

I would love to know who the rest of the cast is. I guess we will start getting more details nearer the date that he starts filming. I hope we get another lot of onset photo's.

His movie sounds quite dark. It probably is being filmed in the west, if it snows there.

I am more excited by this than Glee.

Robert De Nero, that is huge. He is an actor that have liked, but not one of my ultimate favourites.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL Empty Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL

Post  arina 6/8/2012, 2:39 am

Anne Hathaway was one of the guest stars I was the most excited about. I really like her and also I thought that the presence of Kurt's aunt could explain us something more about Kurt's mother and Anne + Chris's duet would be awesome! I think that she maybe was attracted to Kurt's story because I think I read once her brother is gay and her family quit Catholic Church because of its intolerance of homosexuality.
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Robert de Niro and Tribeca Films buy SBL Empty It's official

Post  fantastica 6/19/2012, 11:58 am

Colfer's comedy film gets distributor
NEW YORK, June 19 (UPI) -- Tribeca Film says it has acquired the U.S. rights to "Glee" star Chris Colfer's big-screen debut, the high-school comedy "Struck By Lightning."

Colfer also wrote the screenplay for the movie, which had its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival this spring. Directed by Brian Dannelly, it co-stars Allison Janney, Polly Bergen, Rebel Wilson, Christina Hendricks, Dermot Mulroney, Sarah Hyland and Angela Kinsey.

Tribeca Film said it plans a late 2012 theatrical and Video on Demand release.

"Showcasing his remarkable talents not only as an actor but as a writer and storyteller, Chris Colfer infuses this reinvention of the high-school comic-drama with such spirit and joy that he almost makes us fondly nostalgic," Geoff Gilmore, chief creative officer of Tribeca Enterprises, said in a statement. "Rousing, fresh, superbly acted by a strong ensemble, and wonderfully directed by Brian Dannelly, we are delighted to be partnering with Chris and his fellow filmmakers to share this new take on a classic genre for a new generation."

"I'm so thrilled to be partnering with a company as passionate about this film as we are," Colfer said.

"I was hoping 'Struck by Lightning' would end up somewhere like Tribeca Film, because I watch films all the time on demand," Dannelly said. "It's exciting that an independent film like ours can now be seen by so many people -- instantly -- at the same time the film is premiering in theaters."

"High-school senior Carson Phillips was destined for bigger things than his close-minded small town could ever offer. He was on a path to greatness, but destiny had a different plan when he was suddenly killed by a bolt of lightning in his school parking lot," a synopsis said. "Demonstrating that life is what happens while you're busy planning your future, Carson recounts the last few weeks of his life via witty, insightful flashbacks."
source
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/19/2012, 12:00 pm

my feeling is theatrical release will be limited in some major cities but the good thing is everybody else can get it via video on demand.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 6/19/2012, 12:24 pm

UHH! Even this way I think the film is probably going to be limited released, but it sure has guaranteed more accessibility.

And in the rticle they said some really positive things!! Yay!
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/19/2012, 12:41 pm

i just posted the formal announcement in the main SBL thread. I didn't realize there are so many sbl threads. grrrr....
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next