Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set

+5
fantastica
angelnessa
Glorfindel
Kurt addict
ColferInspired
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set - Page 2 Empty Re: Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set

Post  Glorfindel 11/19/2015, 6:36 pm

Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set - Page 2 Tumblr_ny2g3skWzx1u88r6co8_r1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set - Page 2 Empty Re: Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set

Post  Kurt addict 11/21/2015, 9:34 am

My books came today so excited, can't wait to read them! Well done book depository Smile
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 11/21/2015, 9:42 am

Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set - Page 2 <a href=Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set - Page 2 Image16" />
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 11/25/2015, 5:05 pm

Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set - Page 2 Tumblr_nycke0xyGH1u88r6co1_500
hrhchriscolfer My illustrator is amazing. Wish I knew where he got his inspiration. #TLOSBoxedSet

Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set - Page 2 Tumblr_nydsb4UBJs1u88r6co1_500
@chriscolfer Favorite thing about being an author is creating characters that fight for the greater good. #TLOSBoxedSet

Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set - Page 2 Tumblr_nydxyj1hBl1u88r6co2_500
Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set - Page 2 Tumblr_nydxyj1hBl1u88r6co1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  angelnessa 11/25/2015, 5:11 pm

Good Smile . It's #27 in the B&N top 100 books right now, and hopefully will get an even bigger push as holiday shopping really kicks into gear. I just purchased my set from B&N.
angelnessa
angelnessa
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 11/25/2015, 6:51 pm

Has anyone got a clue already how does the box set book differ from the ones sold separately? I ordered both since the separate ones were so cheap, just 7€ a piece, but they won't be here until next week.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 11/25/2015, 7:38 pm

[quote="valkeakuulas"]Has anyone got a clue already how does the box set book differ from the ones sold separately? I ordered both since the separate ones were so cheap, just 7€ a piece, but they won't be here until next week.[/quote
I think the box set is hardback the others are paperback, I purchased the box set cause I prefer hardback
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 4/8/2016, 7:50 pm

Adventures from the Land of Stories Box Set - Page 2 Tumblr_o5brucFPuq1u88r6co1_r1_500

Parents’ Choice Awards’ Review: Actor Chris Colfer has written a series of popular fairy tale capers with a tongue-in-cheek modern-day spin. This companion set to that series features two of his favorite characters – Queen Red Riding Hood and Mother Goose.
Queen Red Riding Hood’s Guide to Royalty is loaded with political savvy and snarky wit. It’s the ultimate guide to managing a kingdom, and hers happens to include an old woman in a shoe and Lady Muffet. Her advice ranges from how to survive a scandal, to entertaining for divas the likes of Goldilocks and Rapunzel. She includes helpful case studies on media spin, such as how the Wicked Stepmother and the Evil Queen could have survived their respective fiascoes if they’d just gotten out in front of the story.
Mother Goose Diaries is a recounting of her forays outside of the fairy world over the centuries, from her first entry in 100 BD (Before Dragons) to modern day. Along the way, Mother Goose and her sidekick Gander make many interesting stops. There’s a botched wedding to Henry VIII (Goose’s two-timing friend Ann Boleyn broke it up), a fateful meeting with Winston Churchill and a serendipitous encounter with Amelia Earhart to name just a few.
Colfer’s narration is zippy and fun. They’re his words, so he knows how they should be read. With plenty of smart one-liners (“The Big Bad Wolf was a great villain, but a better rug”) Colfer is clearly having fun delivering them.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2