Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonjour s'il fait jour, Bonsoir s'il fait noir.

+5
fantastica
Jellyrolls
Glorfindel
Lottie2303
Nafy
9 posters

Go down

Bonjour s'il fait jour, Bonsoir s'il fait noir. Empty Bonjour s'il fait jour, Bonsoir s'il fait noir.

Post  Nafy 10/23/2013, 11:02 am

Before you ask, it means, according to a famous online translator : Hello if it is daylight, Good evening if it makes black. It probably doesn't mean anything. Maybe you will understand better with "if it is dark". But in English we lost the rhyme...

I'm pretty sure my text will be full of spelling and grammar mistakes so I'm gonna tell you the truth right now : I live in France. And I'm not saying I am some expatriate : I'm just a French girl. That's why I apologise for my English, because even if I'm not so bad in classes, I'm not bilingual. Far from it !
Please be nice and comprehensive. However you are allowed to correct me whenever you want ; and please everytime I need if you don't want to see my approximative English again on this forum. Don't be shy : that's how I learn.
I was thinking about searching an English correspondent ; I guess you will all be my correspondent (What a privilege ! ...).
Moreover, this thing works both ways : if you need some help with French language, I am here.

Besides helping you with French homework (and yes, I talk a lot), I am here, of course, to discuss about Chris Colfer. He is my idol, let's be honest. There is no more to say about that. I am just a fan, like all of you, who really needs to talk about the amazingness of Chris with someone. And someone who really cares about it, I mean. Otherwise, my friends and my family, even though I love them, risk to get mad if I keep bothering them with Chris's stuff.

I stop there for the moment. I'm going to write my "threat" on the other topic. I really don't understand this word, "threat", by the way. I should open my dictionary, but later. Chris doesn't wait. But my English vocabulary... It has been waiting for new words for six years now, so...

Nafy
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Bonjour s'il fait jour, Bonsoir s'il fait noir. Empty Re: Bonjour s'il fait jour, Bonsoir s'il fait noir.

Post  Lottie2303 10/23/2013, 11:07 am

Just lost my long and lovely welcome speech...

Hello Nefy and it is great to see you here. I hope you have a great time neutre 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Bonjour s'il fait jour, Bonsoir s'il fait noir. Empty Re: Bonjour s'il fait jour, Bonsoir s'il fait noir.

Post  Glorfindel 10/23/2013, 11:19 am

Soyez le bienvenu, Nafy! koukou 

Don't worry about your english: we all mess up the grammar here from time to time. And wanting to learn is a good thing. Your english is really good already, and you'll see that you will improve even more when posting often, so please do!

To answer your "threat" question: it's "thread" and it literally means "fil" or "corde" in French.
What it means on a forum like this is the seperate discussions places we have here. The "thread" is just keeping all the posts about 1 subject together.
So in the "Chris on television" part of the forum there are threads/discussions of Glee and possible other shows on tv Chris will be in in the future. There is a thread for every episode, for instance. and e.g. the "Kurt Hummel spoilers thread" is a thread (corde) of posts discussing the spoilers.

Enjoy your time here. thumnup
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Nafy 10/23/2013, 11:52 am

Lottie2303 wrote:Just lost my long and lovely welcome speech...
Hello Nefy and it is great to see you here. I hope you have a great time neutre
Thank you Lottie =)

Actually, it's a a in my username, Nafy. But I guess in English you pronounce it like that, so that's okay. For the record, my Latin teacher gave me this nickname, a long time ago. That's a pun (the most recent I receive...) with my name, Fanny. So normally we pronounce with a a like in That, or the final a in Australia. Sorry, I didn't find another example.

Anyway. I am sure I'll have a good time here.
I've been looking for French forums about Chris Colfer, but the only existent is not really active so... I chose this one, where I hope I could improve my English.
I really like forums : I used to be on a few, but there were very "general forums", with a lot of topics. Being on a forum about only Chris will be different. You should know I used to flood (not my fault ! Like I said, I talk a lot.) on those forums, so I hope I'm not going to speak about everything except Chris on every topic... The language would limit this, normally...

Glorfindel wrote:Soyez le bienvenu, Nafy! koukou 

Don't worry about your english: we all mess up the grammar here from time to time. And wanting to learn is a good thing. Your english is really good already, and you'll see that you will improve even more when posting often, so please do!

To answer your "threat" question: it's "thread" and it literally means "fil" or "corde" in French.
What it means on a forum like this is the seperate discussions places we have here. The "thread" is just keeping all the posts about 1 subject together.
So in the "Chris on television" part of the forum there are threads/discussions of Glee and possible other shows on tv Chris will be in in the future. There is a thread for every episode, for instance. and e.g. the "Kurt Hummel spoilers thread" is a thread (corde) of posts discussing the spoilers.

Enjoy your time here. thumnup
Thank you !
Ha ha, I can easily imagine : I do the same with my language.
Oh thanks, but, you know, I use a spell checker before posting my replies, to limit the damage... That's very useful.
Good way to incite me to post more, I like it !

Thank you for this complete explanation. I will explore all that soon, I hope.

Nafy
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/23/2013, 11:54 am

Welcome, Fanny! I hope you enjoy the forum!

Don't worry about your grammar and spelling around here. We have lots of people who aren't native English speakers, and some of them have better spelling and grammar than me. Wink
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 10/23/2013, 11:57 am

Oppps, lesson learnt neutre . But I guess (I just managed to combine 'but' and 'guess' in one word... I have a headache and apparently my sanity is struggling) I will just go with Fanny. That is one pretty name!
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/23/2013, 2:25 pm

welcome fanny! don't ever worry about your english. for many of us here english is not our mother tongue (myself included). we all do our best to communicate. it's actually great to meet fans all over the world. in our little community here we have members from every continent except Africa and Antarctica (anybody corrects me if i am wrong). lots of fans from Europe. you will definitely feel at home here. neutre 
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Nafy 10/23/2013, 2:44 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Welcome, Fanny!  I hope you enjoy the forum!

Don't worry about your grammar and spelling around here.  We have lots of people who aren't native English speakers, and some of them have better spelling and grammar than me.  Wink
I am sure I'll do ! I enjoy everything about Chris.

That's what I have seen ; that's really awesome !
I understand, French grammar still surprises me... And some words seem have been created just to bother you with their correct spelling.

Lottie2303 wrote:Oppps, lesson learnt neutre . But I guess (I just managed to combine 'but' and 'guess' in one word... I have a headache and apparently my sanity is struggling) I will just go with Fanny. That is one pretty name!
No problem, don't worry.
I am so glad to see that, even in other languages, some people do that fault ! I do that all the time in my commentaries and my essays... "Mais cependant" (But however) ... I know it's hard to get rid of this bad habit. Don't give up !
Thank you ! My mother would be very touched. I am too, though, but I didn't choose so...

fantastica wrote:welcome fanny! don't ever worry about your english. for many of us here english is not our mother tongue (myself included). we all do our best to communicate. it's actually great to meet fans all over the world. in our little community here we have members from every continent except Africa and Antarctica (anybody corrects me if i am wrong). lots of fans from Europe. you will definitely feel at home here. neutre 
Do your best to communicate, make the other understand what you're saying : one of my numerous English teachers told us that probably everyday.
Oh no, I really wanted to speak with someone who lives in an igloo among the penguins and the polar bears !
I already feel at home with so much welcoming messages.

Nafy
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 10/25/2013, 10:06 am

Bonjour, Nafy! Welcome to the CCFF flower 

I'm glad you have decided to join us in our appreciation of all things Chris Colfer. Flood away to your heart's content on this forum; we'd love to hear what you have to say Smile 

I'm not a native English speaker myself, but I'm fortunate enough to attend schools with English as the medium of instruction. So at least I'm spared the hassle of having to translate words from my native language every time I communicate in English...

See you in the other threads!

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 10/25/2013, 10:43 am

I've been remiss in welcoming you to the board.  Bonjour s'il fait jour, Bonsoir s'il fait noir. Hitheresmiley
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 10/27/2013, 4:03 am

Salut! Je comprends et parle le français un peu. Welcome to the forum! neutre 
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 11/8/2013, 3:58 am

Hi, Fanny! It's amazing to have new members so thank you for joining! The more the merrier. Wink I hope to see you in future discussions/debates/bitching. Smile 
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down