Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

+30
E-ko
paulopf
CCfan93
Coolbeans3131
sjonnepon
gleekout93
Glorfindel
Divalicious
Emile
Kurt Hummel
red texta
M&M
Catt24
Struck by Lightning
dap1217
Delight
ColferInspired
Ireth
arina
ColferGirl
emilynna
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
brisallie
tanita_mors
CloveGlee
mellama
Shinra17
fantastica
Jellyrolls
34 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 35 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

Post  arina 4/19/2012, 1:48 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 35 Tumblr_m2plswrjgT1qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 35 Tumblr_m2pltrHbP31qe476yo1_500
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 35 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

Post  Emile 4/19/2012, 4:49 am

Kurtsie4ever wrote:I missed last night's epsiode. I was visting family that's in town. This last week's been really rough...

If someone could please give a link to last night's episode I'd really appciate it.
Have someone already linked it to you?
Anyway, I PM-ed (?) you the link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's this girl on tumblr (hummelhudson) that seems to has a friend that is a family friend of Chris, and she shared a few facts with her about Chris’s forensics experience.
Since these are fun and non-invasive, I quote them here:

----------- my friend specifically mentioned the forensics program at clovis high
----------- which chris regularly sends a bunch of signed picture autographs to so they can sell
----------- them on ebay to raise funds to keep the program running! also, as we know, he still
----------- visits from time to time, mostly to keep in touch with the speech and debate teacher!

----------- for his HI (humorous interpretation) for speech and debate in his junior year he did
----------- “wicked” and in his senior year he did “the lion the witch and the wardrobe” in which
----------- he made mr. tumnus basically a pedophile and the white which black.

----------- and yeah that’s pretty much it! small things but heartwarming and precious nonetheless
----------- :’)
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferGirl 4/19/2012, 9:51 am

Emile wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's this girl on tumblr (hummelhudson) that seems to has a friend that is a family friend of Chris, and she shared a few facts with her about Chris’s forensics experience.

----------- my friend specifically mentioned the forensics program at clovis high
----------- which chris regularly sends a bunch of signed picture autographs to so they can sell
----------- them on ebay to raise funds to keep the program running! also, as we know, he still
----------- visits from time to time, mostly to keep in touch with the speech and debate teacher!

----------- for his HI (humorous interpretation) for speech and debate in his junior year he did
----------- “wicked” and in his senior year he did “the lion the witch and the wardrobe” in which

----------- and yeah that’s pretty much it! small things but heartwarming and precious nonetheless
[/font]

This is awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing this.

So basically, Chris has always been flawless and creative and talented and funny, is what I'm getting from this. I would have loved to hear that humorous interpretation of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Razz Razz And of course he did Wicked one year. wub

And it's so sweet that he sends them signed autographs to help them raise funds. wub wub wub
ColferGirl
ColferGirl
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/19/2012, 12:49 pm

Emile wrote:There's this girl on tumblr (hummelhudson) that seems to has a friend that is a family friend of Chris, and she shared a few facts with her about Chris’s forensics experience.

[/font]

Mr. Tumnus as a pedophile and the white witch as black ptdr This boy is a genius at changing classical books and plays and give them a twist. Sometimes I would have liked to be in his high school and saw his plays but not I'm year older and foreigner.

Gracias Emile for sharing this with us Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/19/2012, 1:04 pm

ColferGirl wrote:So basically, Chris has always been flawless and creative and talented and funny, is what I'm getting from this. I would have loved to hear that humorous interpretation of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Razz Razz And of course he did Wicked one year. wub
I would love to hear his interpretation of that Narnia's story too!!
Like I would love to see Shirley Todd!

brisallie wrote:Mr. Tumnus as a pedophile and the white witch as black ptdr This boy is a genius at changing classical books and plays and give them a twist. Sometimes I would have liked to be in his high school and saw his plays but not I'm year older and foreigner.
Haha, well, who know, maybe we would have cared nothing about what he was doing if we were at his HS?
But we'll never know! I live across the ocean and I'm younger than him! #fansproblems. LOL.
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/19/2012, 2:58 pm

It's great to hear about the things he was involved with in his school. We never hear much about that.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/19/2012, 3:00 pm

this kid has a good heart. he doesn't have to do this but he wants to. he probably thinks that hte program helped him achieving his dream today, and it may help another from his small town to achieve his/her dream tomorrow.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/19/2012, 3:11 pm

fantastica wrote:this kid has a good heart. he doesn't have to do this but he wants to. he probably thinks that hte program helped him achieving his dream today, and it may help another from his small town to achieve his/her dream tomorrow.

and he doesn't need his PR team to blow these things he does from the goodness of his heart to the media/press. Good for him neutre .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/19/2012, 3:42 pm

For those of you who haven't red Chris's National Forensics League interview from 2010

http://www.nflonline.org/uploads/Rostrum/0410_032_035.pdf
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 4/19/2012, 4:30 pm

This must be posted:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 35 Tumblr_m2qq92EWCP1qj8dg6o1_500

Mutual love. Razz
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/19/2012, 4:31 pm

They really should just sign him up as a brand ambassador for Diet Coke. It only makes sense Smile .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 4/19/2012, 6:40 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 35 Tumblr_m2pwwhUXtO1rp25zio1_500

A BTS pic from 3x15. Chris extra-rides?
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  E-ko 4/19/2012, 7:06 pm

^ Omg, such a qt. This kid and his roller-coasters. <3

E-ko
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/20/2012, 12:08 am

M&M wrote: Here's the confirmation:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/19/american-horror-story-season-2/

It could be different enough, but I agree. After Blaine was introduced, I was sure Kurt would be marginalized, and he kind of was. Then Murphy tried to throw Chris under the bus this summer and I was sure he would be backgrounded. The first 2 eps were so promising and since then, he keeps getting short shrifted in his stories. I know he gets stuff, but it is always just a few minutes of screen time. He had 20 minutes in IAU and then 6 to 10 minutes in pretty much every other episode. There is even one where he had 2 minutes. If RM is mad at him and that is why he is being held back, its only hurting Glee. There is no heart in the stories anymore.

Oh! Oh. :( After Blaine was introduced, I voiced exactly the same fears. I'm all for gay characters on my screen, but in a show like Glee, it's not really possible to keep two gay characters on the front. I even have to confess, that as much as I feel for David Karofsky (though I would never justify the bullying he did), and think Max Adler is a nice guy, he makes me nervous as well. I just can't help it. Colfer's interests come first for me, and I know the best for his career is that Kurt keeps getting the A plot lines and good songs, since that allows him to shine as an actor and attract useful eyes for his future projects.

Last edited by paulopf on 4/20/2012, 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : even has instead of even has)
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/20/2012, 12:16 am

paulopf wrote:
M&M wrote: Here's the confirmation:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/19/american-horror-story-season-2/

It could be different enough, but I agree. After Blaine was introduced, I was sure Kurt would be marginalized, and he kind of was. Then Murphy tried to throw Chris under the bus this summer and I was sure he would be backgrounded. The first 2 eps were so promising and since then, he keeps getting short shrifted in his stories. I know he gets stuff, but it is always just a few minutes of screen time. He had 20 minutes in IAU and then 6 to 10 minutes in pretty much every other episode. There is even one where he had 2 minutes. If RM is mad at him and that is why he is being held back, its only hurting Glee. There is no heart in the stories anymore.

Oh! Oh. :( After Blaine was introduced, I voiced exactly the same fears. I'm all for gay characters on my screen, but in a show like Glee, it's not really possible to keep two gay characters on the front. I even has to confess, that as much as I feel for David Karofsky (though I would never justify the bullying he did), and think Max Adler is a nice guy, he makes me nervous as well. I just can't help it. Colfer's interests come first for me, and I know the best for his career is that Kurt keeps getting the A plot lines and good songs, since that allows him to shine as an actor and attract useful eyes for his future projects.

Clearly great minds think alike. I am only in it for Chris, so haveing Darren and Naya take storylines from him has only served to increase my anger at this show. Why would you sideline a proven commodity like Chris for a bad actor and Naya, who is completely hit or miss for me.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/20/2012, 12:22 am

M&M wrote: Clearly great minds think alike. I am only in it for Chris, so haveing Darren and Naya take storylines from him has only served to increase my anger at this show. Why would you sideline a proven commodity like Chris for a bad actor and Naya, who is completely hit or miss for me.

I would admit Naya Rivera has a good voice, and very enjoyable, though I simply can't detach my mind from Santana's character when I hear her sing, and from Glee, so her songs leave me cold. She's a better actress than some of the other guys, but it's obvious that while she's very competent at comedy, she still has a long way to go when it comes to drama. Also, it seems to be that, at least til now, one-dimensional characters are her best shot.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 4/20/2012, 12:26 am

paulopf wrote:
M&M wrote: Clearly great minds think alike. I am only in it for Chris, so haveing Darren and Naya take storylines from him has only served to increase my anger at this show. Why would you sideline a proven commodity like Chris for a bad actor and Naya, who is completely hit or miss for me.

I would admit Naya Rivera has a good voice, and very enjoyable, though I simply can't detach my mind from Santana's character when I hear her sing, and from Glee, so her songs leave me cold. She's a better actress than some of the other guys, but it's obvious that while she's very competent at comedy, she still has a long way to go when it comes to drama. Also, it seems to be that, at least til now, one-dimensional characters are her best shot.

Definitely. She can sell a one liner as well as Chris, but all her big moments... Song Bird, coming out to her Grandma, confrontation in Sue's office after being outed... they were all very meh. Even in the last episode when she was thanking Sue and Brittany, the acting was just not there. What I notice that makes Chris so different, is he can usually sell whatever they give him, no matter how awkward. Naya is not there yet, but better than most. Amber had clunky dialogue in the last ep and it showed in her acting.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/20/2012, 12:36 am

M&M wrote: Definitely. She can sell a one liner as well as Chris, but all her big moments... Song Bird, coming out to her Grandma, confrontation in Sue's office after being outed... they were all very meh. Even in the last episode when she was thanking Sue and Brittany, the acting was just not there. What I notice that makes Chris so different, is he can usually sell whatever they give him, no matter how awkward. Naya is not there yet, but better than most. Amber had clunky dialogue in the last ep and it showed in her acting.

I've no problem admitting that Chris still can improve and I know he will. But he's already brilliant most of the time, and always at least convincing enough, which can't be said about the rest of the actors, especially the so called "kids". Why sugar coat it? My prince can act circles around them.

brisallie wrote:I read the article from EW and its said that the plot of second season is related to episode "Birth" from S1 but If my memory is working well Chris had already written or at least he had conceived the idea of his next movie in a draft whilst Ryan was starting to write AHS, right?

Next point, for me if we have to say someone is the "owner" of Chris it might be Robert because he was the responsible of chosing the right cast, actually he wasn't the one who suggest that Chris has to be in the cast though he doesn't fits to the profile of Artie (or Rajish lol)? I know Chris said in the GG that Ryan is his godfather but that is doesn't mean he has power over him, he's not a slave, is only a boy who has a contract with Fox or is there any code we doesn't know?

No one owns Chris, except for me, and if I'm gonna thank someone for his "discovery", that one would definitely be Robert Ulrich. I'm glad Chris is a thankful and humble person, but I don't feel indebted to Ryan Murphy, and I don't think Chris is either.

Last edited by paulopf on 4/20/2012, 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no instead of not)
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  CCfan93 4/20/2012, 12:50 am

LOL just..just go read this its funny and its sort-of relevant to how bad glee has become.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/glee/glee-season-4-how-to-make-it-worse-photos.php
btw if anyone knows how to get this to become a link please tell me.
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 4/20/2012, 12:52 am

paulopf wrote:

No one owns Chris, except for me, and if I'm gonna thank someone for his "discovery", that one would definitely be Robert Ulrich. I'm glad Chris is a thankful and humble person, but I don't feel indebted to Ryan Murphy, and I don't think Chris is either.

Uff Cuidado! don't dare to say Chris is yours because Shinra will came and stealing you phr34r

Agree. I'm sure Chris as any actor who has began acting in series performing an small role that it became bigger and bigger later, will always thankful to the opportunity that GLEE gave him, so we're a talking about a whole crew behind him, specially Robert wub -he and zach are my fav ones from the stuff- not only mister Ryan Murphy :sarcastic: Besides he knew since the beginning the original cast was gonna leaving because Ryan himself said he wanted "new blood".

PS: I saw the gallery at the end and I bursted out of laughing. If RIB follow those steps, next season it gonna be their doom Razz
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/20/2012, 1:01 am

brisallie wrote:
paulopf wrote:

Uff Cuidado! don't dare to say Chris is yours because Shinra will came and stealing you phr34r

Agree. I'm sure Chris as any actor who has began acting in series performing an small role that it became bigger and bigger later, will always thankful to the opportunity that GLEE gave him, so we're a talking about a whole crew behind him, specially Robert wub -he and zach are my fav ones from the stuff- not only mister Ryan Murphy :sarcastic: Besides he knew since the beginning the original cast was gonna leaving because Ryan himself said he wanted "new blood".

Meh. Shinra gave me virtual macarons and thus manipulated me into sharing Chris with him. But that's as much as I would concede. I'm not afraid of the mighty administrator and his whip! taunt02

Ryan Murphy, in my eyes, embodies everything that I detest about commercial entertainment industry. Chris Colfer, on the other hand, is the guy who, if there's any justice left in the world, will succeed despite all the sh*it he will have to face, and though he will surely make mistakes, won't sell himself in the process. I love Chris cause he keeps being as frontal as he's able to, and also consistent and honest, even with the limitations imposed by his understandable need of a job and of not damaging his career by angering powerful people.

Last edited by paulopf on 4/20/2012, 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add the word "thus")
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/20/2012, 1:07 am

CCfan93 wrote:LOL just..just go read this its funny and its sort-of relevant to how bad glee has become.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/glee/glee-season-4-how-to-make-it-worse-photos.php
btw if anyone knows how to get this to become a link please tell me.

I agree with some of the points, but they also seem fond of klaine or Blaine and, even more, if I was feeling specially paranoid, I could interpret it as if they wanted more focus on Blaine. So: thumbs down.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  CCfan93 4/20/2012, 1:13 am

No i think they said to get rid of blaine in one slide..so I took that as they werent fans of blaine.
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/20/2012, 1:41 am

CCfan93 wrote:No i think they said to get rid of blaine in one slide..so I took that as they werent fans of blaine.

They did say that, but the slides are supposedly things the show could do to become even worse. Well, they said "kill Blaine", so I should clarify that as bitter as I might be towards the character, I do not want the show to kill him. I don't want any character to die, cause even if they're fictional beings, I don't know... I just don't want any character to die. Also, I don't want any character to disappear from the show, cause even if I resent the actor or actress who portray him or her, I wouldn't wish on them to lose their job. But I would indeed like for Blaine and Darren Criss to sit down and quit stealing a spotlight I really don't think any of them have earned. One is not a well construed character, and the other one is not a competent enough actor.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  CCfan93 4/20/2012, 1:48 am

ah gotcha yea i dont wish death on any character of glee times are hard and jobs are scare enough im sure its worse for any actors/actress out there.
CCfan93
CCfan93
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next