Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

+30
E-ko
paulopf
CCfan93
Coolbeans3131
sjonnepon
gleekout93
Glorfindel
Divalicious
Emile
Kurt Hummel
red texta
M&M
Catt24
Struck by Lightning
dap1217
Delight
ColferInspired
Ireth
arina
ColferGirl
emilynna
ry_kurtsie
sahhar
brisallie
tanita_mors
CloveGlee
mellama
Shinra17
fantastica
Jellyrolls
34 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 17 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

Post  Divalicious 3/19/2012, 4:28 am

Just rewatched Power of Madonna, and I just have to say I really miss Kurt in a Cheerios uniform. Not that I would want to miss out on his fashion, I hate that the girls continue to wear the uniform 24/7, unless they are in costume. All the different looks in that episode, from Sue calling him Don Knotts because of his tweed outfit, to the lovely black and white Vogue with Kurt in a suit. Gave us a great idea of how Chris' cheekbones would show once he matured a bit more. He also rocks it out in 4 Minutes, and then sounds like an angel in the final song. I think this tribute was the one time we actually had a lot of story movement along with the songs. Kurt and Mercedes joined the Cheerios, Figgins was being blackmailed, Emma and Will trying to decide if they want to take their relationship forward (before it crashed into the dirt), Finn having sex and lying about it, Rachel not having sex and lying about it. Jessie joining ND. Even silent Tina told Artie off for not respecting her. Good times.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 17 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1

Post  Delight 3/19/2012, 6:30 am

I think Kurt in a Cheerios uniform (and also in the Vogue music video) made the entire Glee fandom go 'Where did that 11 year old milkmaid go?' I suppose they dressed Kurt up like a doll on the show most of the time; so when they finally put Kurt in sensible clothes that accentuated his masculinity and sex appeal, a lot of people sat up and took notice. Ah, good times indeed Smile

On a side note, I'm wondering if anyone is open to the idea of opening a thread where we post all of Chris's (past, present and future) tweets? I know Glee Forum had something similar, but that thread sort of died after a while.

I know we're posting Chris's recent tweets already on this Appreciation Thread, but I'm thinking that it may not be a bad idea to concentrate all of his tweets in a separate thread, for those of us who don't know how to use twitter accounts to 'actively follow' Chris and who just want to read his tweets without going through pages and pages of other stuff.

Maybe for the new thread, it'll just be the tweets, WITHOUT any response posts (So that it'll serve more like an archive of Chris's tweets instead). We can still put any new tweets here at the Appreciation thread and comment on them as much as we like.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 3/19/2012, 8:03 am

Chris is just so wonderful. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 17 413578547

I started watching that stupid Sh*t Chris Colfer says got to is Darren a good kisser, and I stopped it. I don't ever want to hear that stupid quote again and I think Chris doesn't want to either. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 17 357632081

I can't believe they raised $540 for that basket. That is some love.

It is good they are donating the rest to Cure, Chris would love that.

I love it when Chris reponds to tweets. You tell he loves his fans. He seems more like an ordinary everyday person, he doesn't seem to act like a celebrity. I wish I could meet him. But I know I never will. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 17 1371890812

And Delight I think that is a brilliant idea to have a separate thread for his tweets, it would be easier than going through this thread to see them.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 3/19/2012, 8:06 am

The Madonna episode was the first episode I saw after having quitt Glee (I believe I stopped watching after 'Throwdown': too much baby-drama). I thought I would give Glee another try, even though I don't like Madonna. Kurt's appearance in '4Minutes' blew me away. Razz
I think Cheerios Kurt made me watch Glee again. And then the next week he sang 'A House is Not a Home' (remember I had missed 'Defying Gravity because I stopped watching) and I was hooked for life to Kurt Hummel, soon followed by Chris Colfer. wub

I'm all for a seperate twitter thread: I love browsing through Chris' old tweets, and since it is hiatus and there's not much news..... But someone else will have to set the thread up, because it seems like a lot of work to me, and I'm previously engaged. tonguue
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/19/2012, 9:46 am

Delight wrote:I know we're posting Chris's recent tweets already on this Appreciation Thread, but I'm thinking that it may not be a bad idea to concentrate all of his tweets in a separate thread, for those of us who don't know how to use twitter accounts to 'actively follow' Chris and who just want to read his tweets without going through pages and pages of other stuff.

Maybe for the new thread, it'll just be the tweets, WITHOUT any response posts (So that it'll serve more like an archive of Chris's tweets instead). We can still put any new tweets here at the Appreciation thread and comment on them as much as we like.
As far as I'm concerned: go ahead, specify it's an archive thread not meant to be commented and double-post the new tweets in the appreciation thread for the comments, I'm ok with this.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/19/2012, 9:53 am

Looks like people are open to the twitter thread idea. Okay, I'll surf the blog pages and start copying-and-pasting his tweets. It won't be in chronological order though, and it's meant to be a joint effort by everyone. So please help out if you can Wink

But before I do all that, I'll have to work out how to create a new thread on this forum... It shouldn't take too long, even if I am hopelessly non-tech-savvy.

Thanks, Shinra, for the go-ahead. I feel more comfortable about doing it with a moderator's backing neutre
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/19/2012, 10:12 am

Delight wrote:But before I do all that, I'll have to work out how to create a new thread on this forum...
it's nearly the same thing as posting a new comment: click on "new topic" instead of "reply" and give a title to your post which will be the title of the thread. For the rest, it's same. Don't be afraid of making mistakes, you can edit as much as you want and at worst karen or I will correct them Wink
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/19/2012, 10:43 am

Before you get too far into posting the tweets, the one thing you may want to consider is hosting them somewhere that you control rather than relying on just grabbing them from tumblr and stuff like that. If people take down their tumblrs or delete posts, you're going to wind up with a bunch of red x's in the post, and may not realize what has gone missing so easily.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/19/2012, 10:55 am

Jellyrolls wrote:Before you get too far into posting the tweets, the one thing you may want to consider is hosting them somewhere that you control rather than relying on just grabbing them from tumblr and stuff like that. If people take down their tumblrs or delete posts, you're going to wind up with a bunch of red x's in the post, and may not realize what has gone missing so easily.

I've thought about this problem too. I have to admit it'll take much longer to use a different host... but it will be better in the long run.

Any suggestions of a free photo hosting website that's generous with data allowance and user-friendly? I know that this forum has a link that allows you to host an image, but the process of doing it one by one is too time-consuming.

Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/19/2012, 10:59 am

^Imageshack never gave me problems. thumnup
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/19/2012, 11:43 am

ColferInspired wrote:Chris is just so wonderful. Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 17 413578547

I started watching that stupid Sh*t Chris Colfer says got to is Darren a good kisser, and I stopped it. I don't ever want to hear that stupid quote again and I think Chris doesn't want to either.
I watched the whole thing and was cringing the whole time. I can't imagine what it must be watching such video about yourelf, hear your quotes taken out of context... I don't understand why the girl was spamming Chris for days just to see this. She probably really thinks the video is super fun...
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/19/2012, 11:43 am

Delight wrote:
Jellyrolls wrote:Before you get too far into posting the tweets, the one thing you may want to consider is hosting them somewhere that you control rather than relying on just grabbing them from tumblr and stuff like that. If people take down their tumblrs or delete posts, you're going to wind up with a bunch of red x's in the post, and may not realize what has gone missing so easily.

I've thought about this problem too. I have to admit it'll take much longer to use a different host... but it will be better in the long run.

Any suggestions of a free photo hosting website that's generous with data allowance and user-friendly? I know that this forum has a link that allows you to host an image, but the process of doing it one by one is too time-consuming.

We also have a limit to how much we can host for free here, so it's probably not a good idea to do something that could have hundreds of images here.

Perhaps just copying and pasting the text of the tweet with date would work for an archive purposes. Where the images are readily available on either Chris' twitter or tumblr, it may not be necessary to host the actual images here. It could be set up by month starting with his first tweet, and just do a post for each month? If people want the image of a specific tweet, they can find it.

Just a thought as another way to do it. I know you won't get to see the actual image of the tweet, but it's a way to have an organized list of them all, and if you want the image for some reason, you can pinpoint the exact date.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/19/2012, 11:53 am

I watched the whole thing and was cringing the whole time. I can't imagine what it must be watching such video about yourelf, hear your quotes taken out of context... I don't understand why the girl was spamming Chris for days just to see this. She probably really thinks the video is super fun...
Seriously!
I watched only a half of it (I couldn't help but close it), and the "LLAMAS!" was the worst thing ever. blinkk
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 3/19/2012, 12:04 pm

Emile wrote:^Imageshack never gave me problems. thumnup

Thank you for the suggestion! neutre . I've created an Imageshack account already and have now changed all the urls. Whew, all this takes time a lot of time. I'll pace myself a bit more with the days to come. Right now, it's bed time for me.

Jellyrolls wrote:
We also have a limit to how much we can host for free here, so it's probably not a good idea to do something that could have hundreds of images here.

Perhaps just copying and pasting the text of the tweet with date would work for an archive purposes. Where the images are readily available on either Chris' twitter or tumblr, it may not be necessary to host the actual images here. It could be set up by month starting with his first tweet, and just do a post for each month? If people want the image of a specific tweet, they can find it.

Just a thought as another way to do it. I know you won't get to see the actual image of the tweet, but it's a way to have an organized list of them all, and if you want the image for some reason, you can pinpoint the exact date.

If I have the images uploaded in another host site (such as imageshack), would it still cause problems such as exceeding the host limit on this forum?

Doing it in chronological order would be great, but I'm not even sure how to check for the dates of the tweets. Also, if someone wants to hunt down a specific Chris tweet, I don't think they'd know when exactly he tweeted it either.

I'm open to whatever ideas people may have. If people just want the texts of the tweets, that's do-able too. Only thing to take note is not to double up on the posted tweets if possible.

Please help out if you can, everyone neutre
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra17 3/19/2012, 12:21 pm

I think I've never seen that pic before:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 17 Glee_season_300

Delight wrote:
If I have the images uploaded in another host site (such as imageshack), would it still cause problems such as exceeding the host limit on this forum?
no.

About tumblr, I think you can hotlink pics hosted on CCN tumblr, I don't think that blog will go down anytime soon, it is managed by several persons.
Shinra17
Shinra17
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 3/19/2012, 12:38 pm

Emile wrote:
Seriously!
I watched only a half of it (I couldn't help but close it), and the "LLAMAS!" was the worst thing ever. blinkk
If you watched only a half of it and thought LLamas was the worst thing ever, be glad you didn't watch the whole thing!!! They repeated it like thousand times at the end.. It will haunting me forever :-D
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/19/2012, 12:41 pm

Delight wrote:
Emile wrote:^Imageshack never gave me problems. thumnup

Thank you for the suggestion! neutre . I've created an Imageshack account already and have now changed all the urls. Whew, all this takes time a lot of time. I'll pace myself a bit more with the days to come. Right now, it's bed time for me.

Jellyrolls wrote:

Doing it in chronological order would be great, but I'm not even sure how to check for the dates of the tweets. Also, if someone wants to hunt down a specific Chris tweet, I don't think they'd know when exactly he tweeted it either.

I'm open to whatever ideas people may have. If people just want the texts of the tweets, that's do-able too. Only thing to take note is not to double up on the posted tweets if possible.

Please help out if you can, everyone neutre

One thing that could also be an issue with having threads filled with posts full of images only is that if you have 15 posts in a row with say 5 images in each one, it makes the page load a lot slower. I noticed that it took about 10 seconds for the images to load on my computer (and I'm on a really fast network that normally loads right up right away. I know we had a similar issue with the Kurt outfit thread.

Just something to think about before putting too much effort into a thread. I would hate to see someone spend time creating a thread only to have it become useless because people don't open it because it takes too long for the images to load on the page.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/19/2012, 2:31 pm

There're a lot of tweets that I never heard before because I started following Chris since last year LOL So Thanks

edit: Romina, I've moved your post because the other thread about Chris's tweets is not for comments Wink - shinra.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/19/2012, 2:42 pm

Shinra17 wrote:lol, don't worry, I knew it was a second leveled use of that word but the idea made me laugh, something like: I sacrificed a few neurones in this vid Smile

I think I did Razz but then I came here and I felt clever again lol

Jellyrolls wrote:Sometimes I want to tweet Chris and say "Just so you know you have some older, more intelligent and mature fans who love you too." LOL.

What is stopping you girl for tweeting that???

Delight wrote:I think Kurt in a Cheerios uniform (and also in the Vogue music video) made the entire Glee fandom go 'Where did that 11 year old milkmaid go?' I suppose they dressed Kurt up like a doll on the show most of the time; so when they finally put Kurt in sensible clothes that accentuated his masculinity and sex appeal, a lot of people sat up and took notice. Ah, good times indeed Smile

I think Power of Madonna was the episode where everybody realized the sex appeal of Kurt. First I noticed in Vogue, he looks so elegant and sexy and then 4Minutes...I think he has to be a Cheerio again because he looks more manly wearing that uniform that any of his usual outfits lol Although he's wearing less layers than before lately huh

I miss those times too Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/19/2012, 4:57 pm

@Delight do you have a twitter account? It will be a lot easier if you go back in time and just cut and paste the texts of Chris' tweets. You won't need images to host them and there's no problem w/ too many images to slow down the opening of hte pages. Moreover some images do not show the exact date of the tweets, just "3 minutes ago" etc., but w/ actual text you can see the actual date/time. and you can actually do it by dates - just go back to the oldest tweets and go from there. Also, text is searcheable, while text inside images are not.

If you prefer to use images, keep only a few per posts. otherwise you will get a long loading time.

Chris' made 1304 tweets so far. doing them all in images is just LOTs of work!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 3/19/2012, 5:11 pm

fantastica wrote:@Delight do you have a twitter account? It will be a lot easier if you go back in time and just cut and paste the texts of Chris' tweets. You won't need images to host them and there's no problem w/ too many images to slow down the opening of hte pages. Moreover some images do not show the exact date of the tweets, just "3 minutes ago" etc., but w/ actual text you can see the actual date/time. and you can actually do it by dates - just go back to the oldest tweets and go from there. Also, text is searcheable, while text inside images are not.

If you prefer to use images, keep only a few per posts. otherwise you will get a long loading time.

Chris' made 1304 tweets so far. doing them all in images is just LOTs of work!

Maybe we could make this a group project for those of us have twitter. We can each take a date range and copy and paste them into a therad in chronological order.

Or perhaps categorize them. i.e. Glee related, sbl related, etc.

If people don't mind the text only versions, I can probably work on this in my spare time and have it done in a couple of weeks).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/19/2012, 5:23 pm

I prefer the text only version because fast loading time and also you can search it if you want to look for a specific word (say any tweets he mentioned about llama). You can't do this w/ image.

Jelly or any other twitter experts: how to specify twitter to show all tweets w/in a certain date range? All I can do is scrolling downward and wait for older ones to load and it's kind of slow and frustrating. I am new at this twitter thing so please teach us.

back to the twitter thread: We can and ideally should do it chronilogically: set aside one post for each month of the year. then fill in in our spare time. that way the whole tweet list will be ordered by dates and we can work at our own pace. How's that?? hte only thing is we have to plan this out and divide the work load. Say you jelly work the first year of tweets (so you will set up the first 12 empty posts as place holders then go back to edit them to fill them up) and I will take the first 6 months of second year and Shinra can do the next 6 months of second year and Delight will take the third year up to now and any future tweets will get added as they come along and will be automatically be in chronological order. Of course this is just an example we welcome more people to participate so each of us can work less.

I want to wait til @delight to wake up to discuss this because it was her idea after all and she already spnet a lot of time on this.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Emile 3/19/2012, 5:44 pm

But, what is this?! Hahahaha!
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 17 A5d091180580389
Emile
Emile
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 3/19/2012, 5:52 pm

Shinra17 wrote:I think I've never seen that pic before:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 1 - Page 17 Glee_season_300

I must be having eye problems because I thought the girl from the huge poster was Lea and Chris was the guy in front of the photographer (?) but then I saw another guy wearing glasses and I knew I was wrong Razz

brisallie wrote:There're a lot of tweets that I never heard before because I started following Chris since last year LOL So Thanks

edit: Romina, I've moved your post because the other thread about Chris's tweets is not for comments Wink - shinra.

I didn't know :p anyway, thanks shinra Smile

@Emile: Jacob doesn't look really awful wearing Kurt earth's day jacket but Kurt does because is not his skin color, the neck looks short and he would fit better to the vampire profile.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 3/19/2012, 6:00 pm

the manip one: they both have a severe neck problem. Looks painful and too paintful to look. I dont know if I want to laugh or cry.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next