Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris in Icon Magazine

+17
MoviesAreLife
arina
ecka
Divalicious
Piciollina
Delight
valkeakuulas
Ranwing
fantastica
tanita_mors
Glorfindel
zuppid
MissSoniaPP
Ireth
brisallie
ColferInspired
sheny
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris in Icon Magazine

Post  valkeakuulas 1/18/2013, 12:27 pm

I know, from previous riots, that Chris and the photographers knows how to use his jawline to his advantage, but his cheekbones have never been this prominent. He doesn't have that high cheekbones really, but the lighting and the editing in this particular photo makes his cheeks look beautiful yet masculine.

Icon surely knows how to raise interest. I'm hoping we'll get various pages, even if they are in the same clothes...but it is a fashion magazine...waiting impatiently...
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/18/2013, 12:46 pm

^Yup, his cheekbones are really prominent in this picture. I love it, he looks handsome and the way he's looking at the camera is so intense!

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics. This photographer is really good, and so is his subject matter Smile.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/21/2013, 7:13 pm

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mgzvtwAtBe1rs55hxo1_500
Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mgzvtwAtBe1rs55hxo2_500

ded
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/21/2013, 9:07 pm

^
Looking good tall boy! Look at those long legs.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/22/2013, 6:12 am

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mgzvhwg93I1qe476yo1_1280

This is the whole photo including the table of content. Chris's part starts from page 20 and then there is something about food on 32. Does that mean we are getting 12 pages of Chris in these gorgeous clothes and probably an interview? I can't wait bounce

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/22/2013, 10:29 am

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh13jsBofc1s1qjn7o1_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 1/22/2013, 10:34 am

^ I have no coherent response aside from:

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 947721
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/22/2013, 11:20 am

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh16fmP4oE1rk63wco1_1280
Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh169hlRF61qe476yo1_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina 1/22/2013, 11:31 am

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh16p82pbF1rqpzmeo1_500

banzai

Embarassed Embarassed
Piciollina
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/22/2013, 11:36 am

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh16s5FTYW1rqpzmeo1_1280Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh16sxwyZE1rqpzmeo1_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/22/2013, 11:43 am

I'm thinking the hairstylists involved in this shoot were very happy to be working with that perfect head of hair. Never have I loved that cleft in his chin as much as in this photoshoot.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ecka 1/22/2013, 11:47 am

Amazingly gorgeous! Thank you for sharing the pictures!
ecka
ecka
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/22/2013, 12:12 pm

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh16fmP4oE1rk63wco14_r4_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/22/2013, 12:16 pm

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1891zZvy1rqpzmeo1_1280Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1891zZvy1rqpzmeo2_500Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1891zZvy1rqpzmeo3_500Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1891zZvy1rqpzmeo4_500Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1891zZvy1rqpzmeo5_500Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1891zZvy1rqpzmeo6_500

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/22/2013, 12:22 pm

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1891zZvy1rqpzmeo7_500Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1891zZvy1rqpzmeo8_500Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh17jiNq191rqpzmeo2_1280Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh17jiNq191rqpzmeo3_1280Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh17jiNq191rqpzmeo4_1280Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh17jiNq191rqpzmeo5_1280Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh17jiNq191rqpzmeo6_1280Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh17jiNq191rqpzmeo7_1280Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh17jiNq191rqpzmeo8_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/22/2013, 12:42 pm

I really like this interview...and the photos are mindblowingly amazing. He really is drop dead gorgeous! ded aa54 wub panik

Now I have to pick one to be the wallpaper on my phone...hmm hard choice.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/22/2013, 12:59 pm

THE GUY WITH THE MAGIC TOUCH

For four seasons now, Glee has been programmed into our DVRs so that we don’t miss a beat. More specifically, we look forward to the adorable and omnipresent Chris Colfer. Oozing with talent and clad in dapper dandy bow ties, Colfer belts out our favorite hits week after week as Kurt Hummel alongside his fellow glee club members, which we have no hesitation singing along with.

It isn’t just us who has taken notice of his role as an extremely relatable teenager figuring things out in this complicated world. Colfer has kept himself busy, ranking among the one hundred most influential people in the world by TIME magazine, scoring a Golden Globe win, and has been heralded as a strong voice for the LGBT community.

But that is just Colfer’s day job. A New York Times best-selling author, his children’s book The Land of Stories: The Wishing Well, which was released last summer, was so well received that he is in the works for a follow-up. His latest starring role is in Struck By Lightning, a widely acclaimed film, which Colfer both wrote and produced. His new book, based on the movie, is also achieving high praise from critics.

Take a step back from his sweeping whirlwind success, and you’ll see that there is literally no one else in Hollywood like Chris Colfer. And this is why he is exceptional. Colfer is an openly gay actor, which is still somewhat of a rarity in an industry that is known for having trouble balancing homosexuality—it seems more common for a straight actor to play a gay character than the other way around. And although gay rights and marriage equality continue to make small strides, when someone brave decides to step out of the closet a press conference followed by a tabloid circuit seems to follow. When Colfer rose to stardom with the mega-success of Glee’s first season, there was no need to make an exclamation of a coming out on the cover of a tabloid weekly. It was as if Colfer arrived with an unspoken demeanor of “this is me and I have no qualms about it.” In essence, it was a breath of fresh air, regardless of sexual orientation.

With gay rights as one of the most pressing civil rights frontiers of our time, one would think that being a poster child of sorts for the movement would be a stressful responsibility, especially because the Kurt we see on Glee and the Colfer we see in public achieve both. Colfer sees a difference in what he needs to do. Being an actor is a job, a career. It is what he has always dreamed of doing. Being a role model and a genuinely good person is, at least to Colfer, just what any of us should do if we are presented with the opportunity.

ICON: As an openly gay actor, do you think you carry more of a responsibility as a role model than if you were heterosexual?
Chris Colfer: I don’t know if I feel it’s more of a responsibility. It’s one thing to be an actor but it’s quite another thing to be a role model. I think that I have been put on a role model pedestal, and with that, of course, I feel a lot of responsibility. But as an actor, not so much. As an actor, I don’t open up a script if I’m playing a serial killer and wonder what my teen fans are going to think—I don’t think like that. But if I am doing an interview like right now, I will think about what answers I give and how people who look up to me are going to think about it. At times that can be very overwhelming. One thing that is surprising, is that when you get into that kind of position, you realize just what kind of people actually look up to you. People ask me how it feels to be an LGBT role model, and honestly, I don’t even know if I really know what that feels like, because 99.9% of my demographic and fans—the people who write me letters and contact me on twitter—are young girls. They are the ones that feel different and see me and see Kurt on TV, and they are the ones that relate to him.

ICON: With Glee in its fourth season, how do you feel when you look back on it and the success?
CC: I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to take a step back until it’s over, honestly, because it’s been such a whirlwind and it’s been constant. Like last night we were filming until about one o’clock in the morning. In the last four years we haven’t really been able to take a step back and look at it, because we’ve always been in the eye of the storm and the storm has always been going. But when I do think about the last four years, it feels like a decade because we’ve done so many things. We’ve won awards. We’ve met presidents and people like Oprah. It’s been a crazy, crazy roller coaster ride.

ICON: Is it ever a worry that you could be typecast as Kurt?
CC: Sometimes, but I feel like if I have that worry, then I’m doing something right. It is interesting how many people really think that I am my character and that Glee is actually a documentary. But I don’t really see that as my problem. I’ve always known what I wanted to do, and what I’m capable of so I’m not worried about it. I think it’s more of the world’s problem than mine.

ICON: Who has been your favorite person that you’ve gotten to meet so far?
CC: I got to meet one of my heroes, Jennifer Saunders, when we were on tour in England. She was incredible. She’s always been a major influence of me. She was absolutely not disappointing.

ICON: What has been most difficult, if anything, with your success and fame?
CC: I think the biggest difficulty has been the incapability of being able to control what is out there of you. You get broken up into all these pieces that are scattered all over the world, and you don’t get to have control over every interview and every image. You don’t get to have control over yourself, so I think that is the hard part—living in the public and being so public, if you will. That’s the biggest struggle. Like if someone says something about you on the internet, or if someone makes a joke about you on a late-night show, and you’re not able to defend yourself. That’s been the hardest part.

ICON: We are hearing a lot about your side projects outside of Glee, tell us about those.
CC: Struck By Lighting is a film and book that I star in and that I wrote. It’s about an overachieving high school student, but he’s is very under-appreciated for it. It’s very much loosely based on experiences that I had in high school. In the film, he is the president of a writer’s club, and when I went to high school I was president of a writer’s club. So this project was a way for me to vent my frustrations from high school. I think it’s very different. It’s aimed at a teenage audience but it’s not about sex and drugs, which are what the majority of teenage films are about. It’s more about the lengths of which you will go to make your dreams happen. The smart teenager is a dying breed and it’s one that doesn’t get very much credit or light in the mainstream world.

ICON: And you write children’s books, right?
CC: Yes, The Land of Stories is a children’s fantasy book that I wrote and it came out last year and was well-received. It was something that I had wanted to do since I was ten years old, and so with Glee, I was presented with a lot of opportunities and being able to do this was one I definitely jumped on.

ICON: What motivated you when you were ten to want to do that?
CC: When I was ten years old, I got really into telling stories and entertaining people, and that’s when I chose my profession. I always hated reading and being told stories because I always wanted to change what I was hearing. It was the first story that I came up with and it kind of morphed over the years.”

ICON: It’s clear that your show and the projects you work on have had a huge impact on pop culture. When you think about tha,t how does it make you feel?
CC: It’s really an honor to be apart of it and that maybe my presence has made people better. But it’s all a very, very vicious thing. It’s really weird how badly people want [fame], and how people want to be a Kardashian. It’s all smoke and mirrors—fame is really nothing to lust after. As a kid, I was constantly being disrespected by adults and by other kids, so I always have wanted to earn respect. I always wanted it to come from something that I’ve done and not something that I am. It’s really frustrating to see people who purposefully do nothing and just want to be famous. Why do you want it? If there’s no purpose, why do you want it?

ICON: So far you’ve kept taking roles that are of some significance and inspiration. Are these the kinds of roles that you want to keep taking in the future?
CC: Well, there’s no person’s career that I’ve tried to emulate because there has been no one who has gone down the exact path that I’m trying to go down or that I’m on my way on. But I think I will always want to pursue and do roles that I can do. It’s whatever that inspires me. That’s what I’ll try to do—that’s my path.

ICON: So then, who inspires you?
CC: I find inspiration in everyone I meet. I don’t think there’s ever been a person who I have met who hasn’t inspired me in some way. But my fans have inspired me the most. They are the ones that I don’t ever want to let down.

ICON: What’s the most important message you’d ever want to get across to your fans?
CC: As cheesy as it sounds, if you dream it, it’ll happen. As long as you’re trying, you’re succeeding. You only stop succeeding once you give up. And I’ve met so many people who have just given up and it’s so sad. But I think as long as you’re trying to accomplish what you want, then that’s succeeding.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/22/2013, 1:02 pm

Tumblr is going absolutely insane right now. It's a full on Chris Colfer sex riot!

Am absolutely in love with this picture. Who would have thought that our baby penguin would grow into this gorgeous thing in just a few short years?

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1769zxdQ1rgjg5mo1_r1_500
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 1/22/2013, 1:08 pm

Ranwing wrote:Tumblr is going absolutely insane right now. It's a full on Chris Colfer sex riot!

Am absolutely in love with this picture. Who would have thought that our baby penguin would grow into this gorgeous thing in just a few short years?

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1769zxdQ1rgjg5mo1_r1_500

Of course tumblr is going crazy! And Chris has been growing more and more gorgeous over time. Smile

@sheny, thanks for posting everything from this article/shoot for us bisou
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 1/22/2013, 1:50 pm

Thanks for the new pics Sheny. Though I expected they were gonna be release slowly, not all at once. But WOW he looks so handsome and like a real model.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 1/22/2013, 2:32 pm

Really gorgeous pictures, especially love these two:

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1961c3R81qj5p41o7_1280

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1961c3R81qj5p41o1_1280
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/22/2013, 4:26 pm

so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/22/2013, 4:28 pm

Chris in Icon Magazine - Page 2 Tumblr_mh1k67PnOi1qe476yo1_1280

Chris changed his profile photo on Twitter with this one. Maybe it is his favourite too.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/22/2013, 5:01 pm

Boy is STUNNING! wub

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 1/22/2013, 5:45 pm

I like the one where he is completely dolled up in this entire gentleman's garderobe with the umbrella and gloves and all...all grown up. And I can't stop looking at him wearing a wrist watch, he so rarely does. I suppose almost no one does anymore.

Impressive and stylish set of pictures. He is looking sort of magical in that close-up shot in that green jacket staightening his tie. I can't quite place what it is...certainly worth the wait. He is truly a unique and beautiful, he should deserve better adjectives.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next