Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

+33
CloveGlee
ColferGirl
zuppid
Sani
indiaskye
sjonnepon
M&M
coxfire
Piciollina
Adamina
bayth
msjoanlucette
ChrisColferFan1
MissSoniaPP
tamara04
Ranwing
ladydianab
valkeakuulas
sheny
tanita_mors
BlueJazz
dap1217
sahhar
fantastica
Divalicious
Delight
Jellyrolls
arina
brisallie
Glorfindel
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
ColferInspired
37 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 35 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/26/2013, 3:18 am

I would love Chris to play someone with more than one personlity. I know chris would be great at playing someone with many different personlites.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 35 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4

Post  fantastica 1/26/2013, 3:37 am

god forbid that Psycho role completely destroyed Anthony Perkin's career. The poor guy (who was also a gay man) died from AIDS totally destitute. He was a very good actor but after this movie all people can see was him as the psycho. He could never get another job except those horrible psycho sequels. i will never ever want chris to step in this man's footsteps. Also, someone did make a Psycho remake, and nobody seem to paid any attention to it. sometimes it's better to leave a masterpiece as is. i am also sick of all those remakes. the only thing that's worth remaking, is if the original was potentially a great story but it was done horribly in execution.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/26/2013, 4:05 am

fantastica wrote:god forbid that Psycho role completely destroyed Anthony Perkin's career. The poor guy (who was also a gay man) died from AIDS totally destitute. He was a very good actor but after this movie all people can see was him as the psycho. He could never get another job except those horrible psycho sequels. i will never ever want chris to step in this man's footsteps. Also, someone did make a Psycho remake, and nobody seem to paid any attention to it. sometimes it's better to leave a masterpiece as is. i am also sick of all those remakes. the only thing that's worth remaking, is if the original was potentially a great story but it was done horribly in execution.

Good points.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 1/26/2013, 7:41 am

the reason why Psycho is such an iconic film (my favorite btw), is in part because it was directed by Hitchcock, it was the very first good horror/slasher/psychological thriller ever made. also, jennet leigh was a huge star at the time it was made unlike ann hetch who played the part in the remake. also, the point of anthony perkins was that both him and leigh had the image of america's sweethearts, totally non-threatening goody-two shose. they don't exactly telegraphy a split personality serial killer and a woman of shady morality right of the bat. nobody would see it coming that he was such a brutal and deranged killer, which couldn't be said about vince vaughn who played norman in the remake. also, the shock effect was key in psycho. the remake would by default be devoid of it. it was bad idea all around.

frankly, i'd love to see chris in a role like matt damon's in "talented mr ripley". a schemer and manipulator, prepared to do anything to archive his goals. it was both the protagonist and the antagonist of the movie, a virtual chameleon.

you know, really good character actors should never fear about type casting. if you have the talent for more then the dame role over and over, someone will give you a chance to show it, sooner or later. look at john lithgow. he became known as playing villains and antagonists in the 80's. then in the 90's he was a full blown comedian because of 3rd rock from the sun, and a few years back he won both the golden globe and a guest star emmy for his portrait of the trinity killer in dexter - many say that was the best season of the show and that him and micheal c hall were the reason why (my favorite is season 2 though - nothing can top that). the guy from breaking bad (brian cranston i think is name) - played a goofy dad in malcom in the middle and had to say no to a number of similar roles, and now he is a 3 time emmy winner for breaking bad and i've seen him in a number of movies, mostly dramas.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/26/2013, 9:02 am

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina 1/26/2013, 10:06 am

Piciollina
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/26/2013, 10:35 am

FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:I would love Chris to play someone with more than one personlity. I know chris would be great at playing someone with many different personlites.
Yes, me too. hapitgh
I hope this is the case in his asylum movie.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/26/2013, 5:02 pm

I agree about the multiple personalities. Chris would love a role like that. It would be like candy to him.

Ivana, (sorry this is SO late, btw), you're right in bringing up the point that part of the impact of "Psycho" (also one of my favorites) is due to the era in which it was released. It defined the "slasher" genre. I hate slasher films, as the modern ones are so sleazy and without any artistic merrit whatsoever. But "Psycho" was different. The directing, the cinematography, the script, the acting. By 1960's standards, it pushed the boundries in terms of violence and sexual undertones and also in representing abnormal psychology, but nowadays, I see it as a classy film about a mentally disturbed person with little sex and violence in it. But the scene for scene remake (aside from two or three "modern" things added in) in the 90's proved that the shock value just wasn't there. What shocked people in 1960 didn't shock them in 1998. Although, I do think that audiences would be interested in seeing goody-two shoes "Kurt Hummel from Glee" in a role like this. Did you get the video I sent you?

Kim, I think that Anthony went down in history as Norman Bates. Whether it's a blessing or a curse, that's what audiences saw him as. Chris also has the experience of playing an iconic role (Kurt) and knows how to fight typecasting because of it: by writing his own stuff and wishing to play darker characters. I think that a role like this one would crush the whole "Kurt Hummel" typecasting curse that he might find himself under in the future. Also, the typecasting curse was much more rigid in 1960 (towards the tail end of the Hollywood Studio System) than it is now. Nowadays, actors and actresses have a slightly easier time of sliding from one type of role to another, and audiences can accept that, yes, one iconic role doesn't have to trap a performer into playing that specific type of role for the rest of their life.

I would love to see Chris play a two faced role. Whether it's a Sybil-like one about a (serious, life like) struggle with MPD, or something like Jack in The Score (an Edward Norton role in which he plays a con artist who pretends to be mentally disabled) or....something that really tests his skills as an actor, but also tugs on the heartstrings, like Arnie (Leonardo DiCaprio) in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape". I want him to get Oscar material. I wonder, if he were to play a mentally challenged character like Arnie, if he would have an advantage in growing up with Hannah, being able to observe her. I'm NOT trying to be offensive at all! It just makes you think. I know that he's described her as a "special needs" kid multiple times. I myself used to be a "special ed" kid all throughout elementary school, but I'm not sure if it's the same thing.

Last edited by MoviesAreLife on 1/28/2013, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/27/2013, 9:57 pm

The day has finally arrived, my friends. Our bb has shown up at an event with some arm candy! Am waiting to get a clearer image to post here, but it's apparently the young man we saw with Chris in Paris at Disneyland.

I'm just so happy for him!

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 35 Tumblr_mhb8vcn4fA1qireo9o1_1280
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/27/2013, 9:59 pm

HOW CUTE!!

Damn! I was hoping they'd let Chris do one of those "I'm an actor" intros! He was sitting right behind Darren...SO CLOSE!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/28/2013, 1:42 am

Glorfindel wrote:
FanofChrisC&MaxA1 wrote:I would love Chris to play someone with more than one personlity. I know chris would be great at playing someone with many different personlites.
Yes, me too. hapitgh
I hope this is the case in his asylum movie.

Hope it is too.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/29/2013, 4:30 am

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/29/2013, 6:56 pm

Chris is in a magazine of Thailand:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 35 Tumblr_mhembdgQVF1rkr8qco2_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 35 Tumblr_mhe4edeg5F1qgtyy0o4_1280
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/29/2013, 7:18 pm

That picture is stunning. It belongs in an art gallery somewhere. Beautiful. hapitgh

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/29/2013, 7:56 pm

^Here's a bigger version:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 35 Tumblr_mhe4edeg5F1qgtyy0o1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/29/2013, 9:01 pm

THANK YOU!! God, that is beautiful! wub

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 1/29/2013, 10:59 pm

Not sure where to put this and this is the only place that I will ask this question since its you guys and its just between us: Did you hear the rumor that Chris is leaving Glee? I am sure it is just rumor but in light of all his activities it would not surprise me if he has entertained the idea but I doubt if there is anything official at all just wondered if anyone else has read the rumor on tumblr (I have fun looking but NEVER post and never will).
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/29/2013, 11:03 pm

I hope not! I mean, I do want him to have the time to do his own thing....films, books and more! wub But if he leaves Glee, I'll miss Kurt Hummel so much...you know what I mean?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/29/2013, 11:21 pm

I really don't think it is true. Chris is smart. He knows that finding steady work is hard in Hollywood. I can't see him walking away from Glee where he has a nice steady paycheck. He has a mortgage, and insurance, and bills and all that. I don't know how much money he made on the books and SBL, but I'd have to think that it didn't come anywhere near the money he is making on Glee. I think he fully realizes that he should take the money while he can so that he'll have money to live off of between jobs.

Also, he is still under contract with Fox for three more seasons after this one, and I just can't see Fox cutting out their most talked about and critically acclaimed actor, especially with the ratings so low and the new cast members not taking off.

That being said, the only way I can see this happening is if there is something going on behind the scenes (i.e. major squabbling with RIB, Fox or other cast members that are leading to problems on set).
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 1/29/2013, 11:58 pm

Three years, that is actually a long time, won't some of the older co-stars be retirement age? No, sorry, that was mean, they are still way, way younger than I am so not nice. Yeah, I was pretty sure a rumor and hopefully not one that will not continue. I hope we see Chris on the tube for a long long time because if not I could see him retreat to writing, directing etc.. Actually, who knows what his future plans are and what direction he will take except Chris himself. Whatever he does it will be right for him.

Wow, Chris has a job and bills like the rest of us!! Laughing
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 1/30/2013, 1:33 am

oh, where did you hear that rumor? if chris leaves, chances are all the old casts will be gone. maybe "leaving" means they will not be regular next year, but will come back once or twice a season like Amber/Harry does.

i would like to know where did you guys hear the rumor from. i would not completely dismiss it, but chris said many times before he would not want to leave the show, and he feared glee would be over too soon. I am sure he would love to have this pay check. but then, we have no idea if glee will be renewed next season. the show before it at this same time slot last year had the same rating and was cancelled. so we will see.

any news rumor or not please keep us posted. please indicate source if possible, even if it's heard from another forum.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/30/2013, 3:02 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 35 Tumblr_mhfad79w6N1qd10e8o1_1280Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 35 Tumblr_mhfad79w6N1qd10e8o2_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 1/30/2013, 3:11 am

He looks sleepy! Laughing Was this taken the night after the SAG Awards?

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny 1/30/2013, 3:47 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 35 Tumblr_mhevsjZV9Z1qe476yo2_1280

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/30/2013, 8:03 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 4 - Page 35 Tumblr_mhgnbo6bZ41rqhjijo1_500
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next