Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulation to the winner of the autographed copy of The Land of Stories!

+6
ColferInspired
arina
Glorfindel
Divalicious
fantastica
Jellyrolls
10 posters

Go down

Congratulation to the winner of the autographed copy of The Land of Stories! Empty Congratulation to the winner of the autographed copy of The Land of Stories!

Post  Jellyrolls 9/18/2012, 8:12 pm

Congratulations to tanita_mors, the winner of the autographed copy of The Land of Stories. She was the only person to submit an entry, so she is automatically the winner!

Here is her entry:

First pick is my all time favorite tale - The Little Matchstick Girl. It's probably one of the most tragic tales by HCA, but maybe that is the reason I love it so. Even though I have nothing in common with the girl, her situation, her emotions, her dreams and eventually her fate touch me deeply. It is to this day the only fairy tale that makes tears come to my eyes every time I read it. It's tragic and yet hopeful, because even though she dies, you know that she left this world for a better one, where she can finally be happy with the one person she loves and that loved her.

The second pick is Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Pure of heart and intention, a gentile and naive girl, with nothing but love in her heart first for her father and sister who don't love her, and then for the Beast himself. It's the essential "beauty is more the skin deep" story. It wasn't his riches and luxury that she wanted but his true love and devotion and when she was at the point of losing him it because apparent that she felt the same. Also, I love it because it's by far my favorite Disney movie ever and that the story resembles (though not too much for obvious "incest/rape/general creepiness" reasons) two ancient Greek/Roman myths that I like a lot - "Cupid/Eros/Amour and Psyche" and "Persephone and Hades".

Congrats, Ivana! I'll be sending you a PM shortly!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Congratulation to the winner of the autographed copy of The Land of Stories! Empty Re: Congratulation to the winner of the autographed copy of The Land of Stories!

Post  fantastica 9/18/2012, 11:23 pm

congrats Ivana! u totally deserve it! enjoy the book!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Congratulation to the winner of the autographed copy of The Land of Stories! Empty Re: Congratulation to the winner of the autographed copy of The Land of Stories!

Post  Divalicious 9/19/2012, 12:40 am

Sadly, I didn't finish the book until my vacation, and then caught a raging cold, just picking up the pieces this past week, or I would have entered. Congrats Tanita_mors, it is a wonderful read.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/19/2012, 5:07 am

Congratulations Ivana!
I'm very happy you are the one who won. bounce

You get to hold a book that Chris held and signed (and believe me: there is power and magic in that)! For a lot of us that don't live in the USA or UK that's probably as close to Chris as we'll ever get. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  arina 9/19/2012, 5:12 am

Congratulations Ivana! thumnup
arina
arina
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 9/19/2012, 5:27 am

Congrats Ivana. That is wonderful. Congratulation to the winner of the autographed copy of The Land of Stories! 3070767216
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 9/19/2012, 6:49 am

thanks guys. bisou
i just have to work out the whole sending process with karen. first things first, got to visit my local post office for details, because all i find on their website is info about sending packages to other countries, nothing about receiving and possible fees attached to it.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 9/19/2012, 7:45 am

Congratulations, Ivana! neutre

I would've participated in this contest too, if I could think of a particular fairy tale or fairy tale character that had moved me in any significant way.

Enjoy your copy of TLOS!
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 9/19/2012, 10:34 am

the fairy tale character that ever moved me when I was a kid was the little mermaid, because she died. Nowadays it would be the wolf. I just feel sorry for them to be labeled villain all the time. they are such beautiful animals and all they try to do is to survive.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 9/19/2012, 5:20 pm

Congrats Tanita :D I hope the book is arriving soon at your home.

Personally when I was a child I loved the Beauty and the Beast precisely because Belle wasn't the typical princess, actually she was a girl from a small town inteligent and good person, who didn't judge the Beast only for his appearance but she took the time to know who was this person. However I relate myself with Jasmine (from Aladdin) in regards of personality.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  msjoanlucette 9/19/2012, 10:15 pm

Congrats! Smile

I hope you enjoy the book! have you read TLOS yet?
With my copy of TLOS i don't let anyone else touch it to reduce the risk of accidents and bending...
again, congrats! :D
msjoanlucette
msjoanlucette
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 10/9/2012, 7:30 am

MY LAND OF STORIES HAS ARRIVED SAFE AND SOUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU KAREN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kolce kolce

tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 10/9/2012, 10:04 am

tanita_mors wrote:MY LAND OF STORIES HAS ARRIVED SAFE AND SOUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kolce kolce

Yay! I'm glad it made it to you so quickly!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/9/2012, 10:42 am

tanita_mors wrote:MY LAND OF STORIES HAS ARRIVED SAFE AND SOUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kolce kolce

Well, someone's happy..... Smile

I'm glad you've got it now, Ivana. This one was meant to be for you.
And thank you, Karen, for doing this.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down