Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3

+27
FunnyLady
bayth
fountain
Sani
Struckbycolfer
Divalicious
Vir Cotto
Eaton2011
Buenos
Glorfindel
arina
ladydianab
ChrisColferFan1
sjonnepon
msjoanlucette
Emile
ColferInspired
tanita_mors
valkeakuulas
Delight
Kurt Hummel
sahhar
fantastica
Jellyrolls
BlueJazz
Ireth
brisallie
31 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3

Post  fantastica 7/16/2012, 11:54 am

Chris is one of us - he's the biggest Kurtsie, isn't he? We all think alike.

It's not surprising that Chris doesn't think having sex w/ a "hot" boyfriend is an achievement, otherwise he would still be stuck in Clovis dreaming about his prince charming one day. Chris is more like Carson - only death can keep him from pursuing his dreams.

I think Kurt being an all-time loser might have prompted Chris from working harder than ever on his side project. Even though Kurt has no wins, Chris is all about productivity and success. He's the true inspiration.

Talking about inspiration I saw several weeks ago some article interviewing Naya about her playing a "lesbian role model". This is nothing against Naya but Santana is NOT a lesbian role model. She is a super bitch and sometimes even does evil things (like intentionally give Finn the mono). I think our lesbian audiences deserve a much better character as their role model. Hay, not all gay/lesbian characters are automatically role models!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3

Post  Divalicious 7/16/2012, 1:52 pm

I agree with lesbians deserving a better role model than Santana. I think they are more leaning towards, at least we got a role model, I am waiting for them to say, but we deserve to have a nice one. Being a bitch is only sexy to guys, I think. And then they complain when they get one. Whatever.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 7/16/2012, 2:46 pm

ColferInspired wrote:“Kurt really did nothing but lose last year, so I’d like to see him win something. He didn’t get the school play, didn’t get president, and didn’t get into his college. He didn’t get anything. So I’d like to see him get something that makes him happy.”
Chris Colfer [x]

We're with you on that one all the way Chris.

Further proof that he's only in this show because he needs it. I can't imagine what emotions he goes through when he reads the scripts every week. Sigh.

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/16/2012, 3:24 pm

ColferInspired wrote:“Kurt really did nothing but lose last year, so I’d like to see him win something. He didn’t get the school play, didn’t get president, and didn’t get into his college. He didn’t get anything. So I’d like to see him get something that makes him happy.”
— Chris Colfer [x]

It's a criticism. It may be couched in general terms , but it pretty clear that Chris doesn't like how the character has been treated. He's previously been quoted as saying he's tired of Kurt always crying, that why can't someone find Kurt attractive, and that he would handle things "Clovis style" in response to Kurt's passivity to some of the things done to him by other characters including Sebastian.

What is amazing is that if one of the lead actors can notice this about this character's season long arc, the writers who gush about how Kurt is such a fascinating character in their hubris and arrogance will probably just skip this over.

BTW, I do think in this case Chris is shading the whole Klaine dynamics in that he doesn't think that should be the sole focus of the Kurt character.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/16/2012, 4:18 pm

Chris Colfer [x]

THX for posting this.

I don't know exactly what to say because I'm agree with Chris that Kurt did nothing wrong to deserve that... that finale season ¬¬ or probably his mistake was got the love from viewers, but sadly he's not the lead star of the show so that's not so good to some of the writers humhum As always I said I just want the BEST for him. Still waiting that RIB listen my prays.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueJazz 7/16/2012, 5:33 pm

brisallie wrote:

You was a bad girl Razz I saw your Klaine avatar some days ago but I forgot to ask you what was the reason behind that pic o.o So it come to my mind that secretly you like them but you haven't told to anyone or if you did, I didn't know lol

My previous avi is not a Klaine pic actually, it's a fan-made CrissColfer pic. Which made me look even worse tonguue No worries, I won't ship CrissColfer or Klaine unless I hit my head and lose my mind.

Regarding the Chris flawless commet about Kurt, I think he deserves the title, "King of Kurtsies" fanny2 And I suspect that it might be his subtle way of saying the following to Glee:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 8 Fuck-glee

Never change, Chris aa54

More press:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 8 Tumblr_m79jyic3p41qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 8 Tumblr_m79jyic3p41qe476yo2_500

YES to TLOS, BIG NO to Glee S4 antifana Tbh, I don't get why people keep asking him about Glee S4 in interviews, he may even know less than us since he didn't attend the comic-con.

BlueJazz
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/16/2012, 5:42 pm

BlueJazz wrote:

My previous avi is not a Klaine pic actually, it's a fan-made CrissColfer pic. Which made me look even worse tonguue No worries, I won't ship CrissColfer or Klaine unless I hit my head and lose my mind.

Regarding the Chris flawless commet about Kurt, I think he deserves the title, "King of Kurtsies" fanny2 And I suspect that it might be his subtle way of saying the following to Glee:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 8 Fuck-glee

Never change, Chris aa54

More press:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 8 Tumblr_m79jyic3p41qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 8 Tumblr_m79jyic3p41qe476yo2_500

Just in case, always try to wear a helmet :p

Love both pictures wub the first one is funny and accurate to what some part of the fandom think about Glee and the second one is ADORABLE. In general I like that pose of the finger over the mouth.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/16/2012, 6:55 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 8 Tumblr_m79skuTRTo1qln00mo1_500
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 7/16/2012, 7:02 pm

BlueJazz wrote:

So cute! wub
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 1:30 am

here we go again:
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 8 Tumblr_m7aee5gmEA1qbqtkso1_400

I need to find out who is behind all this and how do I get "Let's donate some $$ to Kim" trending too...
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/17/2012, 3:44 am

fantastica wrote:
I need to find out who is behind all this and how do I get "Let's donate some $$ to Kim" trending too...

You'll probably need to put up your bank account details for the donation to happen though fanny2
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 7/17/2012, 3:46 am

BlueJazz wrote:
More press:

wub wub wub

Can I admit to a bit of creepiness here? I really want to touch that hair. It looks so soft and shiny...
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sjonnepon 7/17/2012, 5:46 am

Delight wrote:
BlueJazz wrote:
More press:

wub wub wub

Can I admit to a bit of creepiness here? I really want to touch that hair. It looks so soft and shiny...

i want to touch his hair too,,,,,,and the rest of his body flower
sjonnepon
sjonnepon
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/17/2012, 2:15 pm

Just an FYI, I just cut all of the Land of Story Stuff from today into a seperate thread for all of the tweets, articles, etc. that are coming out today. We'll keep the seperate threads for the the interviews on the appreciation board, though Smile But feel free to post them in the other thread too, if you want.

You can find the new thread here
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 3:18 pm

Has it been posted yet?

Chris Colfer Vents His 'High School Frustrations' In 'Struck By Lightning'

The Huffington Post | By Carolyn Gregoire Posted: 07/17/2012 11:56 am Updated: 07/17/2012 1:14 pm

It is a truth universally acknowledged that the nerds, wallflowers, freaks and misfits who occupy the borderlands of the high school social landscape generally turn out to be the most influential, creative and successful individuals in the real world. Observing this law of nature at his 10-year high school reunion, director Tim Burton noted: "There seemed to be some sort of catharsis about growing up and being alone that made you rely on yourself."

Perhaps no one illustrates this dictum better than Chris Colfer, a former high-school outsider who, at the age of 21, is at the pinnacle of an already-legendary Hollywood career and has been named one of TIME Magazine's 100 Most Influential People In The World. And his roster of work is only growing -- with his originating role as Kurt Hummel on "Glee," a critically-acclaimed new film that he wrote and starred in, and another screenplay in the works, the young artist shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.

But Colfer overcame awkward and often painful high school experiences on his way to mega-stardom. Now, the "Glee" star's memories of teenage wasteland are the creative fodder for "Struck By Lightning," a film that he wrote and starred in that premiered at this year's TriBeCa Film Festival and was recently picked up for wider theatrical distribution. In the film, Colfer plays Carson, an overly-ambitious high school senior who blackmails his classmates into joining the school's literary magazine, which he founded to boost his chances of getting into college and escaping his small-town blues.

Colfer says of Carson and the literary magazine: "He’s doing this for himself, but it ends up helping everyone along the way." The same could be said of Colfer himself, whose work, both on and off the set of "Glee," has encouraged a young generation to refuse to apologize for being who they are -- whether they're gay, straight or anything in-between.

After the New York premiere of "Struck By Lightning," HuffPost Teen sat down and chatted with Chris Colfer about surviving high school (hint: you'll need a partner-in-crime) and turning his pain into art.

1. Find A Sidekick. "I was President of the writers club of my high school, I had a friend like [the character] Mallory -- me and my friend Melissa were totally that. She’s my partner in crime-slash-sidekick. We tried running the school paper, and God, we ran with it until it just died."

2. Don't Be Afraid To Try (Or To Let Go When Something's Not Working). "When I was a freshman, I joined the writer’s club. It had all these really cool seniors in it and it was a really cool thing to be a part of -- but then they graduated and it was just me left in the writer’s club. Kids don’t want to write unless they have to, so it wasn’t an easy club to recruit people for. I tried, and we did a literary magazine to raise money every year and no one ever bought it. I did that sophomore year and junior year, and then senior year I finally gave up. I was like, ‘I should probably just do homework instead of doing this b*tchwork.’"

3. Find Your Voice. "I think so many people are afraid of writing because they’re afraid to find their voice, or they think they have no reason to. But absolutely, that’s the point of Carson. He’s doing this for himself, but it ends up helping everyone along the way to find their own voice."

4. Get Inspired: "[The lightning metaphor] is like the way a good idea comes to you –- you’re sitting there and you’re thinking and thinking and all of the sudden -- boom! An idea hits you and you’re obsessed with it. It’s like electricity! It hits you and your body is consumed with it until it ends up killing you. An idea is the same way –- it will kill you unless it gets out somehow."

5. Chill Out. "Oh Gosh. CALM DOWN. Oh God, Don’t be afraid to be human –- you’re human, you’re going to have emotional days. You’re going to have days when things suck and then some days when things are great, but don’t feel guilty because you’re experiencing that. Don’t feel guilty from being human."

6. Keep Your Eye On The Prize. "As long as you have a goal, the struggle will just make you a better person along the way."

7. Don't Be Afraid To Let People In. "Much like Kurt, I internalized everything in high school. I didn’t let people know what I was thinking or feeling because I was afraid that someone would use it against me. [My sexual] orientation was completely internal -– no one knew and if people would think of me in any other way, I would panic. I didn’t want anyone to have that hold over me. I didn’t want anyone too close to me. Where I grew up, everyone was called the f-word, everyone was called gay negatively, because that was just the worst thing you could be.... [Sometimes] I think I’m still in that mentality –- I don’t think it ever leaves you. It’s one of those traumatic high school scars that I’ll carry with me."

8. Turn Those High School Scars Into Your Creative Inspiration. “[The film] started as a way for me to vent about my high school frustrations. I thought it was really funny and I thought to myself, ‘I’ve got to make this into a movie if I can someday.’ And then I got on 'Glee' and I found myself in a position where it was possible to get it done. So I did, and got the right people attached, and here we are."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/23/chris-colfer-vents-his-hi_n_1447311.html?utm_hp_ref=teen
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 3:23 pm

I am totally confused as to where to post what, so please help moving things around if necessary:

http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/post/27417696386/glees-chris-colfer-branches-out-into-writing-x
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 7/17/2012, 3:56 pm

fantastica wrote:I am totally confused as to where to post what, so please help moving things around if necessary:

http://chriscolfernews.tumblr.com/post/27417696386/glees-chris-colfer-branches-out-into-writing-x

Why the confusion? It's not that difficult--you're just used to having everything in one big jumbled mess, but it's a lot more useful and easier to refer back to if you put it in an .

If it's an article about SBL, put it on the SBL discussion thread. If it's an article about LOS, put it on the release Frenzy thread.

If it's a significant article with lots of pictures or a video of a significant interview, feel free to start it's own thread here on the Chris Colfer appreciation board.

Honestly, probably the only wrong place to put endless links to articles and stories is in this thread because then we're back to having a big jumbled mess with no easy way to find them again for future reference.

This thread is more for small stuff like a random picture that was tweeted or appeared in a magazine, and general fangirling and discussion. But articles and videos are much better elsewhere.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 3:58 pm

I have a jumbled messy brain. also too many clicking to find the right thread. well, mainly because you mods get to do some big work. tonguue
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/17/2012, 4:04 pm

Chris Colfer Saves Beached Stingray

Chris Colfer to the rescue! When the Glee star came upon a beached stingray during his morning run in Pismo Beach, Calif., this weekend, he did what came naturally. First, he screamed, then he reached out to help. “I thought it was dead at first,” he tells PEOPLE. “I see it start breathing and moving, and I’m freaking out. I immediately start screaming, ‘Help, somebody help! There’s a beached stingray!’” Though he feared that the barbed fish might try to hurt him, Colfer, who was alone on the deserted beach, jumped into action and cleverly fashioned seaweed into makeshift gloves in order to move the stingray off the sand. “I immediately wrapped my hands in seaweed and began flipping him like a pancake back into the water,” he says. “And eventually he got to a deep enough part of the beach where he swam away – so I saved a stingray. So that was rewarding.” Colfer, who shared a photo of the fish on Twitter that day, knew he had to do something to help the stranded creature. “I was the only one on the beach,” he says. “Only one besides seagulls – and they were not helpful.”

http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20612542,00.html

i know we all saw his tweet about the stingray but i just realize that Chris was on the beach and that was a rare event!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/17/2012, 11:28 pm

fantastica wrote:
Chris Colfer Saves Beached Stingray

Chris Colfer to the rescue! When the Glee star came upon a beached stingray during his morning run in Pismo Beach, Calif., this weekend, he did what came naturally. First, he screamed, then he reached out to help. “I thought it was dead at first,” he tells PEOPLE. “I see it start breathing and moving, and I’m freaking out. I immediately start screaming, ‘Help, somebody help! There’s a beached stingray!’” Though he feared that the barbed fish might try to hurt him, Colfer, who was alone on the deserted beach, jumped into action and cleverly fashioned seaweed into makeshift gloves in order to move the stingray off the sand. “I immediately wrapped my hands in seaweed and began flipping him like a pancake back into the water,” he says. “And eventually he got to a deep enough part of the beach where he swam away – so I saved a stingray. So that was rewarding.” Colfer, who shared a photo of the fish on Twitter that day, knew he had to do something to help the stranded creature. “I was the only one on the beach,” he says. “Only one besides seagulls – and they were not helpful.”

http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20612542,00.html

i know we all saw his tweet about the stingray but i just realize that Chris was on the beach and that was a rare event!

Love this story, but I wish they hadn't said which beach it was and that he goes on morning runs. Now fans know and the paparazzi know where they can find him.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ladydianab 7/18/2012, 1:04 am

Yep, not alone any more. Wish they had used more discretion. He does deserve some privacy. Wish I could see him running, though.
ladydianab
ladydianab
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 7/18/2012, 1:05 am

ladydianab wrote:Yep, not alone any more. Wish they had used more discretion. He does deserve some privacy. Wish I could see him running, though.

I agree.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Struckbycolfer 7/18/2012, 2:14 am

Another tweet trending coool

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 3 - Page 8 20120710

Can I post it here?Or should I move it to the TLOS thread?
Struckbycolfer
Struckbycolfer
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/18/2012, 5:40 am

I think it's Ok here, but maybe a copy in the TLOS Frenzy tread isn't out of the question.

As for the beach thing, while I understand a morn the possible loss of privacy for him if he continues to go there, we may get some nice pics of him from there. Mainly with less things on. coool

Also, aren't sting rays like super dangurios. Didn't one kill Steve Irwin - the Crocodile Hunter. Chris should be more careful.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 7/18/2012, 8:35 am

ColferInspired wrote:

Love this story, but I wish they hadn't said which beach it was and that he goes on morning runs. Now fans know and the paparazzi know where they can find him.

Agree. The story is lovely but they shouldn't have written the name of the beach. Now I can see and probably I'm overreacting, some stalkers jogging in the same place every morning o.o lol

Also, aren't sting rays like super dangurios. Didn't one kill Steve Irwin - the Crocodile Hunter. Chris should be more careful.

I thought the same. I'm sure it was a stingrays that killed Steve Irwin. So isn't dangerous to take it? Anybody knows?

Last edited by brisallie on 7/18/2012, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next