Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1x03 "Acafellas" Watch and Discussion thread

5 posters

Go down

1x03 "Acafellas" Watch and Discussion thread Empty 1x03 "Acafellas" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 6/25/2012, 8:08 pm

Episode description from the DVD:

Rachel questions Will's ability to lead the Glee Club and the kids seek out a new choreographer. Meanwhile, seeking a confidence boost, Will forms an acapella group of his own.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

1x03 "Acafellas" Watch and Discussion thread Empty Re: 1x03 "Acafellas" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  fantastica 6/25/2012, 8:10 pm

you are on a roll...

for some reason I can't bring myself to watch any glee old episodes anymore. maybe I need some more time. does this episode have any kurt scenes? not talking about pure background stuff.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

1x03 "Acafellas" Watch and Discussion thread Empty Re: 1x03 "Acafellas" Watch and Discussion thread

Post  Jellyrolls 6/25/2012, 8:31 pm

Hmmm. Will's father wears bowties. I wonder if he knows Blaine.

The dance lesson scene is really bad. Love Santana and Quinn manipulating Rachel to cause waves in the choir room.

Crazy emma cleaning leaves on her plant. She really wears the ugliest clothes.

Love the sexual innudendo from Mr. Ryerson: "You're going to have a school full of nancys unless you get some hot wood in those teenagers hands." hehe.

The two thumbs up cake is hysterical for that moment, and then to have thumbless Henri eating one of the thumbs is classic glee.

The concept of the Acafellas is so hysterical. It says a lot about Will's ability to make friends when he has that group of misfits for his acapella group. Howard Bamboo and Ken Tanaka? hehe.

I love Sue, Quinn, and Santana plotting together. It was always so much fun.

I love how realistic Kurt was in the kissing scene--We're bottom of the heap on the food chain.

The Acafellas did a decent job on "Poison." The little detail you notice the more you watch it is fun. I don't think I noticed Howard Bamboo wearing the nametag during the performance before.

I love Kurt in the scene when they go to recruit Dakota Stanley. His legs look so skinny in those pants. No one can reciet lines like Chris. He needs to have more of those little comments like the one about Burt buying him the car. His timing is perfect.

to be continued Smile
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/25/2012, 8:32 pm

fantastica wrote:you are on a roll...

for some reason I can't bring myself to watch any glee old episodes anymore. maybe I need some more time. does this episode have any kurt scenes? not talking about pure background stuff.

There was some decent Kurt stuff--some good Kurtcedes stuff.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 6/25/2012, 8:55 pm

Ah. The beginning of Puck as the object of Cougars affection.

I always loved the scene where Mr. Schue was teaching Finn and Puck the dancing moves. It was just a fun little scene.

The gayvention was cute. I wish they showed Kurt wearing the corset though. hehe. I like that Mercedes sees the good and says that she likes the way she feels with him, even though you know inside she has to know Kurt is gay.

I love the look on Kurt's face when Mercedes throws the rock through his window.

Amber did a great job on "Bust the Windows." She really owned the song, and held her own in front of the half naked sluts dancing behind her.

The Dakota Stanley scene is hysteical. He is so nasty. Good for Kurt for trying to stand up to him. For some reason, I love the part where Rachel tells Dakota she's taller than him.

Mr. Ryerson is so bad in Acafellas performance at the PTA meeting. And another inappropriate song--"I'm Gonna Sex You Up" at a PTA? LOL. Ugh. Mr. Schue's arms up the air spin. panik I hate that spin.

I love Josh Groban, and I have to say that I'm a bit bummed that he was on the show twice and didn't get to sing. I love dirty man whore Josh Groban hitting on wills drunken mother Doodle.

It's kind of funny to hear Will saying he's a really good teacher knowing what he've become. And his father saying that he is inspiration to his students.

Kurt's "My dad took my baby away after he found my tiara collection in my hope chest" is one of my favorite Kurt lines. Kurt has so much, and we never get to see it. Chris did such an amazing job on the coming out to Mercedes scene. The glance around to make sure that there was no one around, and the uncomfortable revelation because he's never verbalized it before.

Sue is so bad, making the girls smell their armpits. I love that Quinn can be all evil, but she has her moments of kindness where you see she's not so bad.

Overall, this was a better episode than I remember it being.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 6/25/2012, 9:26 pm

fantastica wrote:you are on a roll...

Could I know why Kim? Personally I feel bad because it reminds me this show started being good :(

Anyway thanks for your summary Jelly, there're still lots of thing that I still remember o.o
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/25/2012, 10:25 pm

i kind of lost all steam for this show. right now only cat videos can get me excited. :(
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 6/25/2012, 11:35 pm

I must admit I have little steam for watching Glee either, but I will, because every little moment we get of Kurt/Chris is a gem I don't want to miss. I can't think of anything else to look forward to, despite all the whole new storylines, we know Rachel is going to sing a lot, Finn is gong to try to win her back just as soon as someone new comes into her life, and Kurt most likely will be pretty much where he is now, except in NY. No real progression is allowed to anyone but Finchel, and perhaps the senior class, because I don't really see them continuing on, but you never know.

Back to Accafella's. Always one of my least favorite in the first year. Too much of the adult characters, who don't even have the excuse of youth for doing the stupid things they do.

However, Kurt was great, I enjoyed his snarky attitude, and you could see where he drew from his cat, by the way he walked, talked and even blinked his eyes at times. They planted the seeds of a great friendship that sadly but surplanted by all the romantic shipping going on. At least we did get the occasional glimpse towards the end of season 3. His legs do go on for miles, don't they?

I think I read or heard that the character of Stanley was originally going to be Ricky Martin, or something like that. I remember he wasn't available at that time, and they decided to cast this more comical gentleman. My mind just finds it astounding, because the actor they got so epitomized the role of a little tyrant. Plus they could get in that line about Rachel being taller, she doesn't get to use that line a lot.

I wish they had kept Quinn the queen bitch, with Santana as her side kick, I don't get the sense of vulnerability that makes Quinn's bitchiness a little more bearable.

The bust your windows was fun, but you did really begin to notice all the editing problems Glee has continued to have. Kurt is staring at the car, then his head is down, then he is back to the staring position. I liked the fierceness of Mercedes, but that she also went to Kurt to apologize, and how nicely he let her off the hook. How she immediately was supportive of his coming out.

I kind of miss the quiet moments like that, where two kids are just talking about things, even after making huge mistakes and hurting each other. Plus it wasn't done in the bathroom, like all the girl's heart to hearts usually are, or the guys in the lockerroom. There was an inherent sense of Kurt really having to look around, to safely confess.

I don't miss Ken Tanaka's short pants. Howard Bamboo was funny, but boy, they never let that guy catch one break. I guess when he "left" that position went to Kurt. Now I really want Howard back, being the Kurtsie I am I would willingly sacrifice Howard's happiness. Razz

Kurt's comment about being at the bottom of the food chain rang true, they were such underdogs, until all the cheerleaders and jocks came upon them.

With Will's boozing Mom, makes you wonder if they will have Will's parents at the wedding, or just explain them away. I am fairly sure we will have Emma's, since they were more recently cast. Josh would like April Rhodes, wouldn't he?

Will did start off as a relative decent teacher, outside of blackmailing Finn, but at the beginning, I think they wanted more black comedy, so I accepted the blackmail ok at the time. He spent time with Finn and Puck, later on the writers kind of stuck him in a corner with Sue or Finn or Emma. He never really got a real relationship with anyone else until Bieste, and even that was just in the lunchroom mostly.

Sue, looking back, was more interesting as a villain. This is before her getting away with tripping people down stairs, or punching out lieutenant governor's wives. They did a good job in season 3 redeeming her without taking all her bite.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 6/26/2012, 12:10 pm

I find it funny that no matter how well Will's parents are depicted, I really do not care of them, Victor Garber is a really good actor though.

I still do not excatly know what John Stamos did in his days, but the joke works nevertheless.

Sandy Ryerson is a really good character for the Glee comedy world, but little bit too much dark humor. I mean the guy can't work near kids! I guess Sandy has a tenure so Figgins can't get rid of him even though he can't teach. Stephen Tobolovsky always acts out well these creepy middle aged men. This time Accafellas makes me wonder if Glee was actually supposed to be little like Community because there are so much of the adult world featured already in the third episode.

In my head Rachel can't do anything in the kitchen so those I'm-sorry-cookies must be baked by the Berry dads. Imagine the Finn/Rachel household: nobody cleans, cooks or feeds the cat. And Cory's voice always reveals when he has flu or congestion in his nose. (Why do I notice these things?)

Kurt's doobie-doo music and our very first heart to heart Kurtcedes. wub How long did Kurt have that leather satchel before the fabulous Jacobs bag?

Acafellas aren't good in my opinion or maybe it is just the song selection. Will is really hooked up on these songs I don't like. Ugh! And Will's mom being a little teeny, tiny alcoholic...Glee has lot of issues with subtance abuse: alcohol, vitamins and weed.

Cheerios are exeptionally mean for doing this to Mercedes AND Kurt but I can understand why Mercedes would fall for that obvious trap since she is lonely and Kurt is her best friend. Burt telling Kurt not to wear these long sweaters goes uncannily with that speech Burt did at the auditorium in Goodbye episode: they had a difficult time before it became better.

Now Puck is just disgusting in here...cougar hunter or not.

I personally found that joke about Kurt wearing a corset quite bad. Season 1 Kurt would not wear a ”corset” maybe, just maybe S3 Kurt as part of so other ensemble. This whole carwash number by Amber is really good, I like the original but this is just as good.

These early episodes make me think how long have these kids known each other. Kurt obviously knows Rachel since way back and probably Finn as well. I think Mercedes and Tina is quite a recent addition to their triangle. Artie might also have been a Lima dweller for some time.

Josh Groban was in Crazy Stupid Love, has he done these guest things all the time during his career. He was quite funny in one UK panel quiz show, but in this...naah. And second number from Acafellas is not working for me either.

And Kurt coming out to Mercedes made me cry, again. It might be the numbing going off after a dentist visit, but it was touching. And I do think Mercedes knew but was afraid to admit it to herself or ask from Kurt. Just like in real life.

I'm starting to remember how good Glee was and could still be. I know us Kurtsies will have hard times ahead if we plan on watching these next few episodes. Preggers is coming! Tissue alert! Oh dear...
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum