Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

+17
aubinharleygrace17
Eaton2011
Delight
Ranwing
angelnessa
Buenos
bayth
ColferInspired
fantastica
tanita_mors
ChrisColferFan1
Glorfindel
Kurt addict
mindschemez
brisallie
valkeakuulas
Ireth
21 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  Buenos 6/28/2016, 10:39 pm

Sales of the previous titles rose significantly, too, suggesting new readers were binge-reading to catch up. Colfer says his patience may pay off.

Many people thought I was an absolute idiot for just not selling it off to the highest bidder, but these are stories I have been carrying around almost my whole life so the series is important to me,” Colfer said. “I don’t want it to be someone’s interpretation of The Land of Stories. What they say about books made into films is that a great adaptation will immortalize the book but a terrible movie will kill it. I want a great movie because I still have so much planned for future books, maybe even a prequel series. So I want to make sure if it gets done, it is done well.”

One of the advantages of Chris already being financially secure (per his Glee days) is that he didn't have to sell the movie rights to the series right away.

The series is more successful than ever and Chris investment in the characters is genuine.
I realize that as a fan I don't actually know him, but everything he does strikes me as someone who sticks to his principles and convictions with actions, and not mere words or platitudes.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9

Post  Glorfindel 6/29/2016, 7:32 am

^^ Yep, I agree.

Eaton2011 wrote:Somebody wanted the twins to be boyfriend and girlfriend? vomir
Ridiculous. The whole fun sibling's dynamic/rivalry/teasing would be gone. blinkk

And the movie would then probably have been 80% about the romantic drama between the two, something I'm pretty sure Chris would never want, as he has stated several times that he thinks romances are not that interesting to him in stories.
I'm glad he didn't go for that, nor for making the twins of high school age. notall

I wonder what and land of stories prequalify series would be about though. Maybe the twins dads journey there as briefly described in the first book?
Taking this to the TLoS main thread.   Arrow link
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/5/2016, 9:48 pm

The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon:

Monday, July 11: Guests include Chris Colfer, Kristen Stewart and musical guest Shawn Mendes.
Chris Colfer is a Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-nominated actor best known for playing Kurt Hummel on GLEE. He became a New York Times best-selling author with the publication of his first book, 2012’s THE LAND OF STORIES: THE WISHING SPELL. The fifth book in the series, An Author’s Odyssey, will be published on July 12.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/7/2016, 5:24 pm

http://dailychriscolfer.tumblr.com/

CHRIS COLFER WILL APPEAR ON AOL BUILD TO TALK ABOUT TLOS5 ON JULY 12

AOL BUILD is a live interview series where fans sit inches away from some of the biggest names in entertainment, fashion and business as they share their stories.
Join #1 New York Times bestselling author and Golden Globe-winning actor Chris Colfer as he discusses the highly anticipated continuation of the “Land of Stories” series, “The Land of Stories: An Author’s Odyssey.” In the book, Conner learns that the only place to fight the Masked Man’s literary army is inside his own short stories!
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/8/2016, 7:43 pm

Wed, Jul 13, 2016, 8:30pm – 10:30pm

Cocktails with Colfer: Celebrate Hillary with Golden Globe Award-winning actor and #1 New York Times Bestselling Author Chris Colfer

Independence Beer Garden
100 S Independence Mall W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103

Join the for45 Young Professionals Finance Council and LGBT Community in toasting to Hillary with Glee's Chris Colfer!

Christopher Colfer is an American actor, singer, author and producer. He gained international recognition for his portrayal of Kurt Hummel on the television series Glee. Colfer's portrayal of Kurt has received critical praise for which he has been the recipient of several awards, including Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries or Television Film at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards and three consecutive People’s Choice Awards for Favorite Comedic TV Actor in 2013, 2014 and 2015.

Colfer wrote, starred in, produced, and novelized his first film, Struck by Lightning, which debuted at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival. He is also a New York Times number-one bestselling author of The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell, the first novel in his middle-grade reader series.
In April 2011, Colfer was named one of the 2011 Time 100, Time's list of the 100 most influential people.

Tickets available for this event include
[list="event-tickets event-tickets-view"]
[*]  Student Ticket - $20.16    
[*]for45 Young Professional Ticket - $45    
[*]Co-Host - $100    
[*]Host - $250
[/list]
Host - $250

TICKETS HERE

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/events/view/LEFFAJLGQ465JPON/

Last edited by ColferInspired on 7/8/2016, 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/8/2016, 7:49 pm

thefutoncritic.com
Chris Colfer is set to guest judge the "Rattled" episode of "Chopped Junior" on August 2

Chopped Junior premieres new episodes all summer long, with a new season premiering on Tuesday, July 26th at 8pm ET/PT on Food Network. Hosted by Ted Allen, each episode features four junior chefs as they showcase their skills in the Chopped Kitchen, making unforgettable meals from a basket of mystery ingredients over three rounds - appetizer, entrée, and dessert - with a limited amount of time. Judged by a rotating panel of both recurring Chopped judges and special guest judges, one-by-one, the junior chef that is not up to par will be eliminated, with the last one remaining crowned Chopped Junior Champion and winning the $10,000 prize. 
Episodes Include:
Premiering Tuesday, August 2nd at 8pm ET/PT “Rattled” When the young chefs must cook snakes in the appetizer round, will they be too squeamish to let their skills shine through? Then in the entrée round a dense, oddball of a cake must be worked into lamb shoulder dishes. When the finalists are challenged to make creative, caffeinated desserts, the last precious seconds of the round are a show of desperation and cooperation. Host: Ted Allen Judges: Chris Colfer, Raiza Costa, Amanda Freitag.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/8/2016, 7:51 pm

I am going to enjoy all the Chris we are getting. Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 7/9/2016, 11:58 am

As an active voter in a democratic society I love the fact that Chris is really doing a little extra for his canditate. Sure every celebrity can promote their favourite in social media but it does seem he's very active in Clinton's campaign.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/11/2016, 1:35 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_oa5j9zpgd51sg9z6fo1_500
@FallonTonight: We’re back with a NEW show! Tonight we have Kristen Stewart, @chriscolfer & music from @ShawnMendes! #FallonTonight
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/15/2016, 1:38 pm

http://www.grubstreet.com/2016/07/chris-colfer-grub-street-diet.html?mid=twitter_nymag

It's nice to see how Chris feels comfortable enough now to reminisce about food experiences with his mother, how she prepared him meat loaf for the first time, that she used oatmeal in her chocolate chip cookies,etc.

I dunno, seeing Chris being able to express things about her in the article brought a smile to my face.neutre
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/16/2016, 9:13 pm

It is also nice that he seemed comfortable to mention his boyfriend. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/17/2016, 12:22 pm

Chris has confirmed that the episode of Julie's Greenroom that he filmed included him singing with Julie Andrews. This was something that I know a lot of us were desperately hoping for, even if Julie can't sing the way she used to. Not only does Chris get to appear with such an iconic performer, but he gets to sing with her. I would love to hear what she thought of his rendition of Le Jazz Hot.

One thing that I've really picked up from a lot of his recent interviews is that while he's hopeful (and frustrated about the delays) for the Noel Coward film, he's not feeling at all anxious about the rest of his acting career. He's enjoyed his rest following the Glee meat grinder, had a real chance to focus on his writing (which became a big priority for him) and doesn't feel any particular pressure about accepting work. He's acting as much as he wants to at this point, which while may be frustrating to those of us who want to see him all the time, it's what's best for him at this point.

So I'm really happy for him. He's doing what he loves and isn't letting people push him into projects that he's not interested in. He's in full control over his career, which is all that any actor can hope for.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/18/2016, 9:49 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_oajcqjEkR41u88r6co1_500
chriscolfernews:
Chris Colfer attends the ‘Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie’ New York premiere on July 18, 2016

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 7/19/2016, 6:25 pm

Tom and Lorenzo fashion blog (which can be quite withering in its critiques) on Chris' red carpet fashion for ABFAB movie:

http://tomandlorenzo.com/2016/07/chris-colfer-at-the-absolutely-fabulous-the-movie-ny-premiere/

We’re impressed. He was always a little hit-or-miss in his Glee days, but this is more or less impeccable. Plaid, camo and polka dots are a LOT to ask of one outfit, but because it’s all tone-on-tone and the prints are subtle, it works surprisingly well.

He hasn’t aged one day on his face in the last several years, and he probably won’t for another couple at least, but the style choices speak of a maturity that suits him well.

And we didn’t realize until just now how long it’s been since we’ve seen a skinny suit jacket that actually fits the wearer impeccably. Guys, if you’re not built for the skinny suit, don’t force yourself into one.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 7/21/2016, 1:00 pm

Congratulations to Chris for again reaching #1 on the NYT bestseller list. And yet another blow to his detractors who even now keep insisting that his success as a writer is due only to his high profile from Glee.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/21/2016, 6:53 pm

his series is doing better and better each year. his success is definitely real. we are talking about NYT best seller list #1, several years in a row, even way after glee is off the screen. remember also that most glee general viewers have stopped watching this show after season 3.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 8/5/2016, 3:36 am

I've enjoyed the last couple of talk shows that Chris has been on, it's really made me smile how Ryan Murphy has been brought up in the last two by the hosts, one trying to get Chris to work with him and the second one trying to get Murphy involved in the film version of "Land of stories" like that's going to happen lol, Chris has been a modicum of restraint, and has sidestepped beautifully, well done Chris you are a gent!

Last edited by Kurt addict on 8/5/2016, 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops moment)
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/5/2016, 9:38 am

I don't have food network is any one has a video online please post a link. Thank you!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Empty Chopped junior

Post  Kurt addict 8/5/2016, 10:14 am

Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/6/2016, 12:39 am

Thank you! I enjoyed the show. Never watched it before. These kids are incredible cooks. I wouldn't know what to do with mossy of these ingredients.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 8/28/2016, 11:03 am

Kurt addict wrote:I've enjoyed the last couple of talk shows that Chris has been on, it's really made me smile how Ryan Murphy has been brought up in the last two by the hosts, one trying to get Chris to work with him and the second one trying to get Murphy involved in the film version of "Land of stories" like that's going to happen lol, Chris has been a modicum of restraint, and has sidestepped beautifully, well done Chris you are a gent!
Chris' skill of evading those awkward questions about Ryan Murphy (and also that one question during the TLoS5 book tour about still seeing some of the Glee cast, especially Darren) was exceptional, while also still being able to stay respectful to the one asking the question and the people the question was about.
He's so smart.  fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/30/2016, 2:41 pm

http://dailychriscolfer.tumblr.com/

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_ocqdqoCaFZ1rmpczxo3_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_ocqdqoCaFZ1rmpczxo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_ocqdqoCaFZ1rmpczxo2_500
haozengstudio:
NOTOFU MAGAZINE - CHRIS COLFER
Photographer HAO ZENG
Fashion Editor SEAN KNIGHT
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 8/30/2016, 2:47 pm

http://chriscolfernews.co/

"I’m grateful I have such a passionate following. It really validates everything for me and I know that when I start working on something new, it isn’t just for me, because I have people that really believe in, love, and support me. They make it worth it." — Chris Colfer

Posted 2 minutes ago. Tagged with chris colfer, no tofu magazine.

"I draw from people I’ve known my whole life to people I meet for a split second. I’m inspired by the things I see every day — I walk outside and see a strangely-shaped object and suddenly it’s in the book in one form or another. I’m constantly soaking in inspiration for my writing wherever I go." — Chris Colfer
Posted 5 minutes ago. Tagged with chris colfer, quote, no tofu magazine."

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_ocqex6u8QA1ri1mzuo1_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_ocqex6u8QA1ri1mzuo3_250

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_ocqex6u8QA1ri1mzuo2_250Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_ocqex6u8QA1ri1mzuo4_250
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 9/17/2016, 2:33 pm

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_odn3aeXhCC1u88r6co1_r1_500
@aplotkin716 Party people!! @EW #Emmyweekend

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_odnhlw8gag1u88r6co1_500
UHQ

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 9 - Page 12 Tumblr_odnhlw8gag1u88r6co2_500
UHQ
Chris with Amanda Peet at the EW pre-Emmy party.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 9/17/2016, 4:15 pm

I wonder who bought him that pendent? He seems to wear it a lot! Is it a birth sign?
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next