Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread

+10
brisallie
Divalicious
M&M
dimpledchris
Jellyrolls
ChrisColferFan1
bayth
ColferInspired
Ranwing
tanita_mors
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 2/6/2015, 11:40 pm

Well, this is really shit all over Kurt week, isn't it. Rachel can't trust Kurt to run Glee club without her? Seriously?

And Rachel, your Broadway dream did not just "fall apart"! You threw it away!

The writing is on the wall that her audition will go great and she'll get back to Broadway before the season is over.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 2/6/2015, 11:42 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:And now Rachel is saying Kurt can't lead Glee club alone?  Kurt is the only one who has proven he can excel on his own without anyone's help, and Rachel cuts him down?  Rachel can't poop without fourteen people cheering her on, and 10 more people wiping her ass.  And Kurt can't run the Glee Club alone?  

Said a lot more eloquently than I managed. I'm blaming the cold medicine.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/6/2015, 11:43 pm

Ranwing wrote:Well, this is really shit all over Kurt week, isn't it. Rachel can't trust Kurt to run Glee club without her? Seriously?

The writing is on the wall that her audition will go great and she'll get back to Broadway before the season is over.

As far as 5 seasons ago it's been shit all over Kurt, so this is nothing new.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/6/2015, 11:46 pm

Ranwing wrote:Well, at least Kurt is getting a vacation from having to prop up Rachel. And Chris is getting a full paycheck for basically standing around and looking pretty.

Yup, basically this. No wonder Chris is so over Glee, really.

The commercials are more interesting than the show at this point...
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/6/2015, 11:46 pm

I am so over the Brittana storyline tonight.

And the Rachel storyline for that matter.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/6/2015, 11:47 pm

Did Naya have botox in her lips? She has trouty mouth lips now.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 2/6/2015, 11:51 pm

bayth wrote:
Ranwing wrote:Well, this is really shit all over Kurt week, isn't it. Rachel can't trust Kurt to run Glee club without her? Seriously?

As far as 5 seasons ago it's been shit all over Kurt, so this is nothing new.

True,that  is one of the main reasons I am not watching this season. Evil or Very Mad
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/6/2015, 11:55 pm

Whatever meager hope I had for this season after Homecoming is now completely extinguished. Glee has fallen right into all of their old, bad habits that just destroyed the show.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 2/6/2015, 11:59 pm

Ugh, Samchel. The best part of What the World Needs Now is Danny Schue.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/7/2015, 12:01 am

Wow, can't wait to see this episode. Evil or Very Mad

Now the REAL story. All of this has been a dream, Rachel has been in a coma since she slipped on a banana an assistant threw under her foot because she was tired of the prima donna behavior, in NY whilst filming her pilot. Kurt, being the loyal person he is, recounts his day at his friends bedside each day, all his successes and his great life with his boyfriend Adam. Rachel, of course, even in a coma, makes it all about her, and since she doesn't like the fact Adam doesn't kiss her ass, she puts Kurt back with Blaine, who worships at the altar of her magnificence. The last scene is her waking up realizing she has no career, because she's been out of action for 6 months, and had walked out of her play for a TV show. Kurt tells her he will support her, but she did create her bed, and she gets to lie in it. Rachel, finally learning some humbleness, decides to go back to Lima, finish healing, and then working her way back from scratch. She writes a play, On My Own Two (Damn) Feet, and earns a success. She finds earning something is actually satisfying. The End.

That makes as much sense as what I am reading here.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/7/2015, 12:11 am

Chuckled how they only showed Emma from the back since Jayma is too busy to be trotted out for one scene.

And dayum... Kurt in that white sweater... he is so beautiful.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/7/2015, 12:43 am

6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_njdu4aMvLW1sg9z6fo1_540
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 2/7/2015, 12:48 am

Yes, thank you wardrobe department for forgoing neckerchiefs in tonight's episode and instead having Chris in that really snuggly looking white turtleneck. Best part of the scene.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/7/2015, 1:02 am

6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_njduqutgCc1qjka6co1_250 6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_njduqutgCc1qjka6co2_250

source

He does fill in that sweater very nicely.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/7/2015, 2:19 am

Have seen the episode, and I'm sorry but I can't feel bad for Rachel, as is the one hundred time she feels sorry for her, and someone pushes her to get her dreams. Luckily Kurt was spared this time to praise her ego, and Mercedes was brought for that. Though, by other side, I would have loved to have more Kurt scenes, but this episode all what he had to do was being in the background and looks handsome.

:sigh: I don't know what else to say, as I didn't care about this episode. Not even sure if I'll see it with subs, but thanks Brittany for speaking in spanish as I could skip some scenes if I dare to watch it again. However, as I'm in not in a terrible bitchy mood, have to confess that I probably support Brittana, a side of me still believe they born as a joke, but unlike Klaine, they're supportive to each other and didn't broke up because one of them cheat on the other one. Can't believe I said this...o.o
Oh and silly me, but I stupidly laughed when Brittany sang "Queso por dos", and speaks more the language than her fiancee.

Samchel...please not. For me Sam has to be alone for a LONG time, he is someone who needs to grow up before to commit himself in a relationship. And the same goes for Rachel (though I wouldn't mind to see Jesse again), and besides of that, I feel they're trying too much to makes him the "new Finn". No.

The songs...how many songs this episode has? I might be wrong, but I felt there wore more musicals than actual dialogue scenes.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 2/7/2015, 5:22 am

Well, I've just watched that episode and it just left me feeling really empty, the music was blah no umph to any of it, and who thought it was a good idea to let chord sing so much and so boringly, especially that beautiful Karen carpenter song which he destroyed! And we all know how wonderful it could of sounded.

The storyline if you can call it that was rushed and yet again about how wonderful, perfect Rachel and Blaine are, and how pathetic kurt is, cause let's face it anyone with a work ethic is just stupid and a waste!

And last but not least of my rant, am I the only one who thinks the gay jock ( sorry can't remember his name) is supposed to be Ryan ? Or a facismile of?
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  valkeakuulas 2/7/2015, 12:42 pm

This one was so bad. Not only was it Glee bad, but all the jokes were really poor as well. How many songs did they do? Nine? Ten?

Why was Artie there? Why was Blaine there? Howcome Kurt is deemed worthless and incabable dol anything, by everyone? Why wasn't Rachel's own stupid behaviour discussed? How much is Sam a walking penis? And most importantly: why am I still watching when there was about 30 seconds of Kurt in the entire episode? And those seconds were efficiently telling me he's not valued as a character at all.

These six episodes have shown me that they have no intention of even try and make anything better. Just getting worse one episode after another.
valkeakuulas
valkeakuulas
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/7/2015, 12:55 pm

i am glad i didn't waste an hour on this. is there enough chris in it to warrant a kurt edit download?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 2/7/2015, 1:01 pm

I wrote a review on tumblr that pretty much cover all the bases of just how bad this episode was.

I’m hard pressed to discuss just how many things were wrong with this episode because it managed to be awful, offensive and boring all at once. That’s quite an accomplishment.

First of all, there was the decided lack of Kurt doing anything. Now given how I feel about Glee and how Chris has moved so well beyond it, I’m not opposed to him getting full salary for basically standing around and looking distractingly beautiful. The costuming department has really done right by him this season and this week was no exception. I particularly liked the plaid rocker pants and that fetching white sweater.

But in a week where the musical genre is so especially well suited to his voice and he doesn’t get a solo or a duet, or even individual lines in the one group song that he got a shred of focus in… that’s just wrong. And equally wrong were the little digs being made about Kurt here and there. Like Rachel telling Mercedes that she couldn’t trust Kurt to run ND without her presence. It’s not like Kurt doesn’t have a work ethic like no one else and is always the one who can be counted on to be a grown up while everyone else is running around with their hair on fire.

Then we had Blaine being there in multiple musical numbers when his place in the storyline was even more non-existent than Kurt’s. He gets to be in Brittany’s dream sequence (but Kurt is completely absent) and he gets to lead in solo the big guy group number while Kurt is relegated to swaying in the background. Shoehorning doesn’t begin to describe this kind of treatment.

Note to the Glee writers - along with Mercedes, Kurt is currently the most successful Glee character still on the show. He’s still a student at NYADA (and shown to be a highly respected one by his teachers and peers). But does that get him any respect from those who’ve destroyed their own prospects? Of coure not… it’s more tearing Kurt down to make themselves feel better. More of Rachel belittling Kurt in order to distract from the fact that he’s currently ahead of her in their little competitive success game.

Now for the real filling of this shit sandwich of a show…

Rachel’s constant “woe-is-me” pity party has gotten on my last nerve. Talking about her failures as things “falling apart” dismisses the fact that nothing happened that wasn’t her own damn fault! And that none of her friends enablers are honest enough to tell her that. The show is actively trying to make us forget that Rachel turned into a self-entitled diva monster in seasons four and five and actively quit her show (which would make being taken seriously for future employment a difficult if not impossible proposition for the immediate future). Rachel isn’t admitting her responsibility. It’s all being chalked up to some unfair whim of fate and that the focus now is to return her to her rightful place at center stage on Broadway. Because why should Rachel have to own up to the consequences of her own behavior?

I don’t buy the argument from many Rachel stans that her storyline was unrealistic. That Rachel would never have quit her show for Hollywood, or that it was unrealistic that an LA producer would try to poach an actor currently under contract somewhere else. The fact is that Rachel did quit her show. She did lie to her producer and she did show no regard to the ample warnings that she as given all season that she was being reckless and disrespectful and ungrateful for all the golden opportunities she’s been given. Instead of Rachel being appropriately unemployable in professional theater, it’s all being viewed by this show as an unfairness of Shakespearian tragedy proportions.

And why should she do the heavy lifting on her on behalf when she’s got other people to do it for her? At least Kurt got a vacation from being her prop and cheerleader this week because they brought In Fairy Godmother Mercedes to do the job. Mercedes shows up having arranged an audition for Rachel in NY by using her big contracts to do her a favor (again, ignoring that Kurt is also a Broadway prospect and unlike Rachel, hasn’t totally destroyed his employment potential) and then spends nearly an entire episode doing nothing more that talking Rachel up so that she does the audition. Wither or not this audition pans out of Rachel in the effect of getting her a job doesn’t matter at this stage (though I’m fairly certain that it will because… Glee). It’s that Rachel still needs other characters to basically carry her to her goals and this has been a continuous issue since Choke.

And when Mercedes wasn’t building up Rachel for NY, she was building up Samchel, the most passionless, chemistry-less couple that ever existed on Glee. The one good thing is that Mercedes loves Sam but is totally over their romantic relationship and found someone much more her speed and is happy, so cheers for her (Please Mercedes…. remind Kurt that he can do the same). But again it’s taking another person to make Rachel’s storyline happen. And I find it impossible to see any qualities Sam has that makes him at all appealing as a romantic prospect for Rachel other than he’s there and they need to give him some kind of storyline to fill out the season.

As for Brittany and Santana… I was mostly fine with their story but I found the scene with Brittany’s parent totally stupid and boring and it went on forever! Yeah, let’s make fun over the fact that her father has a lower IQ than Howard Bamboo and that her biological father is actual Stephen Hawking. Sure….

And seriously… how can you make Burt Bacharach boring? That’s a real accomplishment. With the sole exception of the final group number, there wasn’t a single song that I didn’t end up hitting the mute button on. Either the songs were overtuned into oblivion and just plain badly sung and boring. Way to go, Glee…

Glee should get credit for proving yet again that they can pull failure from the tentative jaws of victory each and every time. Whatever lingering hope I might have had that this season might not be a total clusterfuck after Homecoming has been completely extinguished.
x
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/7/2015, 1:33 pm

Ratings are in:

"Glee" hits series lows in adults 18-49 and total viewership for the "What the World Needs Now" episode.

The story is simple: “Glee” continues to limp towards its series finale.

While “The Hurt Locker, Part Two,” last Friday’s “Glee” avoided falling victim to a third straight viewership decline, it once again failed to attract an audience total in excess of two million. And had its predecessor not garnered only 1.82 million viewers on January 23, its viewership average of 1.85 million would have been the smallest ever commanded by a “Glee” episode.

The world might need love, but based on ratings for the past several “Glee” episodes, it has evidently decided it does not need FOX’s musical comedy.

And the hint of positivity that existed in last week’s performance does not even exist this week. “What the World Needs Now,” this Friday’s “Glee,” drew series low marks in adults 18-49 and total viewership.

Per fast national data, the episode commanded a paltry 0.5 adults 18-49 rating with 1.57 million viewers..

Never before had a “Glee” episode gone below a 0.6 in the adults 18-49 demographic, and no episode from the current season had posted worse than a 0.7.

Like last week’s episode, “Glee” drew a 0.5 adults 18-34 rating. Its 0.6 adults 25-54 rating, meanwhile, trailed the 0.7 commanded by last week’s installment.

— FOX led into “Glee” with “World’s Funniest Fails.” That 8PM entry also struggled this week; it fell to a 0.8 rating with 2.66 million viewers.

source

ptdr moque  ptdr  How low can they go?  The ratings are making me gleeful.

Fuck RIB and the shitty way they have treated this once great show. Kurt Hummel deserved so much better.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/7/2015, 2:38 pm

^ what the world needs now is definitely not glee. Twisted Evil

the rating slide is totally expected. wait the number to dip below 1 mil by the end of the season.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 2/7/2015, 3:00 pm

Can't you just see the writers all sitting around, shaking their heads, unable to understand why ratings are down when they give the audience what they want? They give them Special Snowflake Rachel, Eternally Singing Blaine, Friend-of-the-week prop (Mercedes this week) and some lesbian kisses. Surely the vocal people on the internet ARE the viewers.

Guess again, morons. Glee became a phenomenon by representing people who had no representation in television. Those who aren't skinny enough, pretty enough, macho enough or just plain perfect enough. What the writers forgot is that Kurt represents that far, far more than Rachel or Blaine, who are just blessed or gifted with universal favor. Tina, lost opportunity, because the asian minority is less represented than any other. Same with Mike. Mercedes, while she got something to do, it is as a prop, they don't treat her like a strong, beautiful black woman. She is just someone who decided to wait until marriage, and therefore is not a suitable love interest for thinks-with-his-pants Sam. She has connections, but they are only there to promote Rachel. Human beings have self-interest, to have everyone, other than Rachel, give up all their dreams for once person reminds me of a queen bee in the hive, the only one who is "important".

Even fast forwarding through this awfulness was rough. I stopped to listen to the songs, and winced at the wasted potential for Kurt, didn't finish one single song. Plus far too much Samchel, when you have the lovely new voices, and so little opportunity to show them, to focus on the same damn people singing so damn much is pure idiocy.

The propping of Rachel must become a trope in the future. When a character is handed absolutely everything, and screws up anyway, but everyone in a show is repurposed into a prop machine for said character, it should be called Doing The Rachel, or better, BRA- Blowing (up) Rachel's Ass. I don't even hate her, she bores me, and the fact that she is foisted so much in my face annoys me, because I have no interest in her fairy tale world. If I want a Fairy tale, I will watch a Disney Princess movie, the songs will be better and sung with more emotion. And I read mainly fantasy, but even that has more rules and consequences than what Glee shows.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/7/2015, 4:40 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:Brit forgot all about dating Artie?  OK, then.
And not the first time either. She also completely forgot and denied she ever dated Artie in the beginning of season 4 (IIRC).
So funny.  Evil or Very Mad

Ugh, the scene with her parents in this episode was toothe-aching cringeworthy.

Ranwing wrote:Oh and Mercedes... way to treat your bestie, Kurt... dragging his ex there knowing that Kurt will be uncomfortable and then shoving Kurt into the background to sway. Not particularly liking you right ow.
Bah, Mercedes was horrible to Kurt this episode, hardly even noticing he was there (like most viewers, as he was indeed hardly even in the episode dryy ). Kurt really has no friends anymore.
On the other hand I'm relieved they didn't use Mercedes (yet) to push Kurt back to Blaine also. On Glee sometimes not getting any screentime is to be preferred.

M&M wrote:Not watching, but I actually don't feel like anyone is Kurt's friend this year. Look how quick Rachel was to drop him when Bland was around. Probably because the only bigger loser than her is Bland.
And look how quick Rachel was to tell Mercedes that she does not trust Kurt to run ND alone for a few days.
When he is g*ddammit the only one still in NYADA steadily working on his education and career, while she and Blaine dropped out at the first signs of trouble.

Jellyrolls wrote:I just posted this on Tumblr:

Glee took another shot at Chris’ episode tonight.  With the amount of shots Glee has taken at Chris’ episode, it really makes me think that RIB didn’t want him to write the episode, and Fox made them let Chris write an episode because he was unhappy with Kurt’s storyline. It’s like they gave Chris something that would be a good addition for his resume in exchange for putting up with a crappy ending for Kurt.
There must be some form or resentment or even jealousy there. They belittled and ridiculed 'Old Dog, New Tricks' in almost every episode this season.
My guess is that they (maybe Fox ordered RIB to do so) asked Chris to write an episode to profit from his popularity and media buzz as a New York Times bestseller author.

fantastica wrote:i am glad i didn't waste an hour on this. is there enough chris in it to warrant a kurt edit download?
No Kurt edit yet, but tbh it would probably be only a few minutes long, and only because he was swaying fabulously (but silent) in the background.
For me the already mentioned white turtle neck sweater in the last scene was his most shining moment. Him wearing tails and a top hat was nice too.

Oh, and in my personal opinion this is all you need to see of this episode:

6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nje435YKvK1ty90xko3_250  6x06 "What the World Needs Now" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nje435YKvK1ty90xko1_250
x
These are the only 3 characters on Glee I'm still interested in (and I wished they would give Kurt a scene with Mr. Shue the way Rachel has had several times now in season 6).

Divalicious wrote:Can't you just see the writers all sitting around, shaking their heads, unable to understand why ratings are down when they give the audience what they want?  They give them Special Snowflake Rachel, Eternally Singing Blaine, Friend-of-the-week prop (Mercedes this week) and some lesbian kisses.  Surely the vocal people on the internet ARE the viewers. 
Agreed, but don't forget many people probably also didn't watch this week's episode because of the Sue Jigsaw/Klainer scenes of last week (and the week before). 6x05 lost 10% of its viewers in the first half hour.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/7/2015, 4:45 pm

My 'review' of the episode:

For a tribute episode of the great composer Burt Bacharach that gave Glee access to some of his best work, most of the songs they used fell flat imo. And it had all the negative aspects of a tribute episode: there were so many songs that there was little room for dialogue and proper build-up, and most of the times the lyrics didn’t really fit with the storylines or feelings of the characters singing them.
But my biggest complaint is that most songs felt very forced and shoe-horned in, some of them even being shown back to back without decent lead-in dialogue. Tribute episodes are always heavy on songs, but they at least could have put them in more organicly, like e.g. actually having the ND kids do their assignment of the week and let them sing Burt Bacharach songs in the choir room, but not even one of the songs was used for that. If the new kids had listened to Kitty’s advice and all had gone to the bathroom or get a snack I doubt anyone, let alone woe-is-all-me Rachel would have noticed their absence.

Speaking of feeling shoe-horned in: why was Blaine in so many songs? I can understand him wanting to be part of Santana’s ‘family’ in the last performance, but why use him of all people in the Brittany/Artie heaven fantasy? And Sam for that matter too, who once was (fake-)married to Brittany! Does Blaine have nothing to do for the Warblers at Dalton, since he is showing up at McKinley all the time, and not only in dream sequences?

In that trail of thought: as I already listened to the songs a few days back I was prepared Kurt not singing much this week, but I still can’t get over the ND guys being recruited by Mercedes to sing a song to prop up Kurt’s bff Rachel and he, who is also ND’s co director, does not get to sing even one line while the rival Warblers’ choir director gets to lead the song.
And what a missed opportunity to not have Kurtcedes sing together when Rachel leading ND when Rachel was in New York (btw: nice trust you have in your co-director, Rachel, remember he’s the one still in NYADA). Well, at least Chris Colfer got paid a nice amount of money for lipsynching and looking fabulous in the background, while his own written episode gets mocked again.

As someone who never was invested in Brittana nor Santana or Brittany individually I did like their scenes together in this episode. At least they genuinely seem to care for one another, which is more than can be said for most other Glee couples. But why do they have to mention scissoring, sweet lady kisses and hot lesbian sex every time they get some focus? It’s belittling and limiting their relationship in an infantile, sexualized way (sorry, don’t know exactly how to express this in english) and I can’t shake the feeling that it’s done deliberately instead of the hack writers just not being interested in writing more seriously for lesbians.
Brittany is in my top 3 of Glee characters I strongly dislike, especially when she’s either super dumb or a genius (make up your mind, Glee), but I could actually stomach Brittany when she was trying to win Santana’s abuela’s heart. On the other hand I cringed several times when she was talking with her parents, as imo that scene was just stupid and a waste of time. Why have such awesome actors like Jennifer Coolidge and Ken Jeong as her parents but give them such crap dialogue and useless scene?
And Stephen Hawking, really? I bet that was taken straight from a fanfic.

I’m all for girl friendships on Glee but Mercedes constantly supporting and comforting Rachel throughout the entire episode was irritating and OTT, not only because Mercedes is reduced to nothing but a prop, but also because it doesn’t do Rachel as a character any favors.
How much more propping up does that girl need?
As annoying as Rachel’s failure being treated as if some great unfairness was done to her (instead of her ruining her 2 biggest chances in New York herself) is, it’s more annoying that she won’t even get the opportunity (from the writers) to work on her redemption and comeback on her own, but needs others to repeatedly hand her the next chance to get ahead. I don’t even like Rachel anymore, but I would still like to root for her slowly fighting her way back on stage. With her being a self-pitying mess who constantly needs to be helped with interventions and new golden chances falling in her lap I can’t really do that.

Mercedes didn’t just give Samchel her blessing, as we already suspected from the spoilers: she basically forced Rachel’s and Sam’s heads together and said in a creepy demanding tone: “AND NOW…KISSSS!!!”. For God’s sake: she told Sam after he had just serenaded(!) her to hook up with Rachel instead. And yay! I guess for her having a new man in her life that of course completely happened off screen, while we get an overdose of boring Samchel: I need hypnotism just to stay awake and focused during scenes together.
Also: Sam is allowed to teach now? Oh Glee. In all fairness: Mercedes is apparently a pop star now, so…..
Stray observation: for a show that’s so high and mighty about LGBTQ issues and relationships they only showed heterosexual couples during Sam and Rachel’s duet.

Artie singing usually makes everything better, so why the meta jibe at him having nothing to do when it’s the Glee writers themselves neglecting him? That stopped being funny a long time ago.
The scene I liked the most this episode was the very last one, when everyone was getting together at the Shuesters (where Emma was being conveniently filmed from behind). That was a nice throwback to earlier seasons, and seeing Will holding his son Daniel was a cute bonus.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/7/2015, 5:34 pm

thank you for the tip. these gifs are all i need/want.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum