Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread

+11
Divalicious
angelnessa
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
ColferInspired
ChrisColferFan1
dimpledchris
brisallie
Ranwing
Jellyrolls
tanita_mors
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What did you think of the episode ?

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap29%6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap43%6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Divalicious 2/1/2015, 1:00 am

Funny, if you are a gay boy who "passes" you can sing romantic songs with a girl (however disharmoniously), where Kurt only gets to sing romantically with Blaine.  I hate to comment on people's singing, because I suck endlessly at it, but I have not been impressed with Mason's voice when they've used it.  I think it is more his jock, and therefore school royalty, status that gives him standing in the Glee Club, because Roderick has him beat six ways from Sunday voice wise.  Actually, all the noobs, outside of Mason, have great voices, and they jump off the screen nicely.  

Sue is ridiculous, and creepy, and poor Jane sells it as well as she can.  Becky is far less grating when she isn't insulting people left and right.

How stupid do you have to be, sorry my dearest Kurt, to suddenly think there is an elevator in the school, when you are rarely out of it.  Construction is a noticeable thing, and would Sue, lover of stairs, really put in an elevator.  Blaine, I am not surprised, because he lives in a universe where the world goes out of it's way to ensure his comfort and ease. I have higher standards for my Kurt, who is usually very bright.  

I like Kitty, I've always liked Kitty, I found her support of Rachel contrived, but when is Glee not contrived.  A pity that Glee is stuck on the idea that your first love is the only one worth crap, and you must return to them, because Artie hit the jackpot with Kitty.  Someone who is strong enough to tell her boyfriend when he is being an idiot, but has also shown support and cares not a lick that he is in a chair.  She can be fierce and strong, instead of the usual Glee bitch.

This show has not done well in the cause of teachers, because it lets the immates run the asylum.  Poor Will, first he makes bad decisions, then he was relegated to the back ground and writing assignments on the board, and now he is in a job where the students hate him, and he hates their self-righteous little butts.  Matt is too good for this role.

Yes, this episode certainly shows Blaine is ruled by a portion of his anatomy.  For him to be so interested in his ex when he has actually moved in with someone else.  Kurt, however, has to remain pristine, and probably hasn't even kissed his much older man friend.  Oh yeah, right, he's the girl.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  ColferInspired 2/1/2015, 1:37 am

I have only seen Kurt protrayed as a girl a few times in this show, mostly thanks to douche himself Brad, and sometimes Ryan.

Kurt has morals, which is something many others don't have in this show.

If they were to kiss I am sure Walter will wait for consent, and to make Walter comfortable Kurt will let him make the first move.

Blaine has no morals whatsoever.

Kurt is the strongest character on the show, which is why I did not like the first three episodes this season very much as I know for certain as if this this was Season 5 Kurt he would not have been crying over Blaine or pining for him.

I miss Season 5 Kurt, who was strong, confident, fearless, who kicked Rachel and Santana out of the band because they deserved it, who fought with Blaine and came out looking the better one out of the two. Who threatened to throw Blaine's soda stream out the window.

Who is one of Nyada best students.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 2/1/2015, 3:26 am

@ColferInspired, I agree with most of things you have posted.

When it comes to why Kurt is more "pristine" than Blaine, yeah I agree is because RIB want to portray him as the 'girl', but then I think that could be possible that he has morals. And why having morals is equal to be a girl? Men couldn't have morals or values?

As for the episode, I bear it more than the last one. BUT still I believe episodes makes no sense and RIB simply don't care. They blatantly make fun of fans, and doesn't matter if their jokes are coherent or not, or are tasteless (like the one related to Dave's suicide attempt). They simply have reached a point in which I think they are aware ratings are low , and not many people give a shit about Glee, so they do what they want.
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/1/2015, 6:02 am

Some more pretty...

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj24lrVPWI1u5btl5o2_2506x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj24lrVPWI1u5btl5o1_250
6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj24lrVPWI1u5btl5o3_2506x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj24lrVPWI1u5btl5o4_250
x

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj1kv6jfPV1s12hw5o2_r2_500
6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj1kv6jfPV1s12hw5o1_r2_500
x
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 2/1/2015, 6:17 am

Chris looked absolutely gorgeous. ded

I agree the episodes don't make sense, which is why I don't think RIB care as Brad and Ryan have their new shows coming up and Glee is ending.

I don't know what Ian is going to do after Glee, but he seems to be beyond caring as well. 

I am just going along for the ride and watching Chris's last scenes as Kurt Hummel. neutre
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/1/2015, 11:01 am

I'm still not happy with Kurt dating Walter (not because of his age but because he just recently came out after being married with kids for many years), but I loved this scene:

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj2dhkuXZc1qhuamdo1_r2_250  6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj2dhkuXZc1qhuamdo4_250

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj2dhkuXZc1qhuamdo3_250  6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj2dhkuXZc1qhuamdo2_250
x

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj21cv4ve91qgrxsfo1_r1_250  6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj21cv4ve91qgrxsfo2_r2_250

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj21cv4ve91qgrxsfo3_r1_250  6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj21cv4ve91qgrxsfo4_r2_250
x

Walter defended Kurt against Sue, made him laugh, and never once pushed their relationship, giving Kurt all the control.
Why is it that RIB clearly can do Kurt's relationships right if they want to and give him good male, gay friends (see also Adam, Elliot, even Chandler), but then still are hellbent on shackling him to greaseball Blaine?  Evil or Very Mad
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 2/1/2015, 12:12 pm

ColferInspired wrote: I don't know what Ian is going to do after Glee, but he seems to be beyond caring as well.

Ian will tagalong with the other boneheads:

The series hails from 20th Century Fox Television, where Murphy and Glee/American Horror Story co-creator Falchuk are under rich overall deals. Glee's Murphy, Falchuk and Ian Brennan created Scream Queens and will exec produce alongside Dante Di Loreto.

source
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/1/2015, 10:05 pm

so, i watched the kurt edit. may i say kurt looks absolutely gorgeous? especially w/ that blue jacket - what a beautiful color and shape when he puts his hands in the pants pockets! chris is one of those who can wear cloth of any color because he has a creamy complexion and nice lean body. now the elevator scene - i actually thought it was kinda fun, until the end. sue really embodies - very realistically - the idiotic and bat-shit-crazy klaine fandom. writers must feel cohersed to put the 2 back together. they are as uncomfortable and angry as the 2 characters. well, thank god Sue often does crazy and illegal things so whatever she is into is no surprise.

i love kurt's facial expressions - chris is always so natural and realistic-looking in front of the camera.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/2/2015, 5:20 am

fantastica wrote:so, i watched the kurt edit. may i say kurt looks absolutely gorgeous? especially w/ that blue jacket - what a beautiful color and shape when he puts his hands in the pants pockets!  chris is one of those who can wear cloth of any color because he has a creamy complexion and nice lean body. now the elevator scene - i actually thought it was kinda fun, until the end. sue really embodies - very realistically - the idiotic and bat-shit-crazy klaine fandom. writers must feel cohersed to put the 2 back together. they are as uncomfortable and angry as the 2 characters. well, thank god Sue often does crazy and illegal things so whatever she is into is no surprise.
I thought of this as well. Either RIB was told by Fox to have Klaine as endgame, or it's just something only one of them (RIB) wants, probably Ryan, and the other 2 are just grudgingly going along with it. Klaine really feels forced in season 6, and not just because that relationship never should have lasted after high school.
And while I'm in this trail of thoughts: I bet it's Ryan who wanted Dave Karofsky back and in a relationship with Blaine untill Klaine is pushed back together again. It sounds like his ultimate wet dream.

i love kurt's facial expressions - chris is always so natural and realistic-looking in front of the camera.
Yes, I agree. The difference in quality-acting between him and terribly OTT Darren in that elevator were very clear to see.

I loved his expression right after the kiss: this mix of so many feelings, like sadness, want, anger, shell-shock, questioning,.... and simply being emotionally drained.

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_nj2646hTuv1r295ako4_250
That's what I love so much in Chris' acting: it has so many layers. wub

Where Blaine was only expressing lust (because Darren just can't do subtle), which he shouldn't have shown so clearly as he's still with Karofsky, Kurt was more subdued but showing a whirlpool of emotions behind his eyes, very well aware of all the implications of what happened, including the abusive element of Sue locking them up to force that kiss. Unlike the Klainers (and Blaine) Kurt is not forgetting what prompted that kiss, and that it isn't romantic at all.

And that is something I appreciate in Chris so much: he keeps true to what's really shown in canon instead of the shallow "THEY KISSED!!!1!!1!!! Nothing else matters!!!!11!1" mentality of the shippers. The shippers may not acknowledge the kidnapping and sexual harassment that led to the kiss, but Kurt does.
Same last year with all the fights Klaine had, and also Blaine's cheating in season 4, simply because RIB wanted drama for them. RIB (and Darren, and the Klainers) forgot all that happened in canon between Kurt and Blaine as soon as the episode was over, but Chris didn't, or better said: he made sure that Kurt didn't forget.
Which is exactly why the Klainers are so pissed at Chris, as they don't want to be reminded of all that went wrong with Klaine because they want to live in their perfect pink Klaine bubble, with perfect cupcake hero Blaine who Kurt has to worship, instead.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  lilypaperclips 2/2/2015, 7:57 am

i have to say that Blaine mentioning Dave in their game in the elevator was a big red flag to me and was glad Kurt withdrew emotionally from the conversation. I wish Klainers understood this element of the conversation: Blaine is in a relationship and he has formed an attachment which cannot be ignored and Kurt did well to acknowledge it when he withdrew emotionally.

What was really disturbing, well amongst other things, was the fact that when Kurt and Blaine confront Sue they are in different emotional spaces:
Blaine has to convince that he is not an asshole for using Dave as a prop for getting over Kurt and has to play off his feelings for Kurt as friendship so that he can remain in relationship with Dave because after all Blaine is not an asshole. Right? By the way, Blaine is an asshole.

Kurt is in a different place, he knows that the kiss showed him that he is not over Blaine. But he is committed to friendship only with Blaine because Blaine is in a relationship with Dave. He respects that and understands that he has to remain committed to moving on in his own best interest.

Kidnapping, false imprisonment, coercion, threats to life and limb are all apparently romantic to Klainers and my reaction to whole elevator scene was outright disgust. Clearly I am not meant to find my endgame lover so that we too can share a portmanteau. And against the backdrop of the aforesaid, I'm ok with that.

lilypaperclips
lilypaperclips
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/2/2015, 8:13 am

lilypaperclips wrote:i have to say that Blaine mentioning Dave in their game in the elevator was a big red flag to me and was glad Kurt withdrew emotionally from the conversation. I wish Klainers understood this element of the conversation: Blaine is in a relationship and he has formed an attachment which cannot be ignored and Kurt did well to acknowledge it when he withdrew emotionally.
This is why I don't understand (or better: I do understand, but I don't agree with it) why the Klainers keep complaining that "Kurt isn't doing enough to win Blaine back!".
Besides the fact that the Klainers clearly want Kurt to grovel and beg Mad ,.... do they really want Kurt to disregard and disrespect Blaine's new relationship (someone he's even living with) by trying to steal him from Dave?

Don't answer that, lol. Rolling Eyes

Blaine has to convince that he is not an asshole for using Dave as a prop for getting over Kurt and has to play off his feelings for Kurt as friendship so that he can remain in relationship with Dave because after all Blaine is not an asshole. Right? By the way, Blaine is an asshole.
Lol, I snorted really loudly when reading that. Smile

Kidnapping, false imprisonment, coercion, threats to life and limb are all apparently romantic to Klainers and my reaction to whole elevator scene was outright disgust. Clearly I am not meant  to find my endgame lover so that we too can share a portmanteau. And against the backdrop of the aforesaid, I'm ok with that.
I guess we're just not romantic and gullible enough for 'twwo luvv'. fanny2
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  lilypaperclips 2/2/2015, 8:57 am

Glorfindel wrote:
I guess we're just not romantic and gullible enough for 'twwo luvv'. fanny2

Indeed! Oh and by the way :

[img]6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 2055w5v[/img]

Just perfect!♥️♥️♥️
lilypaperclips
lilypaperclips
Baby Penguin
Baby Penguin

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/2/2015, 10:39 am

^I admit I laughed when Kurt got mad at Blaine for actually thanking Sue. Razz 
One of the very few funny moments of the episode.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/2/2015, 4:38 pm

i just finished American Horror Story 4th season and may i just say that the fact that the rich spoiled murderous kid looked so much like blaine i can't help getting goosebumps when i see blaine in the elevator especially when that crazy sue toy-robot-on-a-tricycle thing came to the scene.

OT: i think the last season of AHS is the weakest of all. it fell all over the place and i almost didn't finish it.

fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 2/2/2015, 9:44 pm

i forgot to mention, i really like that older gay date. he's really cool and funny. i would go out w/ him too.

i think that older gay and kurt's encounter in the restaraunt is a realistic reflection of how the actors and their real life partners are treated by loony klainer fans in social media. for them, klaine is everything. they want to harrass anyone who is a potential danger to their ship.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 2/6/2015, 3:19 pm

fantastica wrote:i forgot to mention, i really like that older gay date. he's really cool and funny. i would go out w/ him too.

i think that older gay and kurt's encounter in the restaraunt is a realistic reflection of how the actors and their real life partners are treated by loony klainer fans in social media. for them, klaine is everything. they want to harrass anyone who is a potential danger to their ship.

I didn't realize that, but you're so right...I'm sure this is exactly how the tinhatters must harass Will.

Oh and now that that parallel is clear, I do hope Walter wasn't made into a much older man to poke fun at Will and Chris' age difference. That would be vile but I definitely expect Glee to do something like that.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 2/14/2015, 5:43 pm

6x05 "The Hurt Locker, Part Two" Watch & Discussion thread - Page 3 Tumblr_njs2fvQTya1u88r6co1_500

Lol, he's right, that was funny. Razz
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3