Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread

+14
Ireth
Kurt addict
valkeakuulas
Buenos
Delight
lilypaperclips
brisallie
ChrisColferFan1
Divalicious
M&M
Jellyrolls
dimpledchris
Ranwing
tanita_mors
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What did you think of the episodes ?

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap0%6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap57%6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap29%6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_lcap14%6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread Empty 6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  tanita_mors 1/3/2015, 3:02 pm

6x03 - "Jagged Little Tapestry"

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread 6x0310

FRIDAY, JANUARY 16th

Kurt and Rachel continue to struggle as co-coaches of New Directions. While he thinks their goal should be to educate the new Glee-Clubbers and introduce them to the classics, she remains convinced they will be better off trying to get the kids fired up about the upcoming competition by assigning something more contemporary and relatable. They reach an accord – albeit a tenuous one – when they decide to make their first weekly assignment a mash-up of the two genres using the music of Carole King and Alanis Morissette. And as Kurt struggles with the thought that he might have lost Blaine for good, his growing feelings of hopelessness begin to exacerbate the tensions between him and Rachel even further.

Meanwhile, when Becky Jackson needs help to cover up a lie told to her new boyfriend, some of the Glee Club alumni pitch in to help... in more ways than one; Brittany and Santana take their relationship to the next level; and when one of the football players conspires against Coach Beiste, it leads to her making a shocking confession – and to a welcome opportunity for Sam.

Cast: Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans, Jane Lynch as Sue, Matthew Morrison as Will, Dot-Marie Jones as Coach Beiste, Lauren Potter as Becky

You all know what to do.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2015, 9:59 pm

So am I going to be the only masochist here tonight? sadica
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread Empty Re: 6x03 "Jagged Little Tapestry" Watch & Discussion thread

Post  dimpledchris 1/16/2015, 10:11 pm

Ranwing wrote:So am I going to be the only masochist here tonight? sadica

Haha, all my usual livestreams are not working at the moment. I think the internet is trying to tell me something. Love myself, maybe.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://dimpledchris.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/16/2015, 10:13 pm

I'm going to be right here with you!
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2015, 10:26 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

I'm going to be right here with you!

Yay! pijano
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2015, 11:03 pm

Well... that's not awkward at all.

Not getting any real feelings of affection between Dave and Blaine. Have no clue why they are supposed to be together.

But what is that I see? Continuity and remembering that Kurt knows how to play the piano? Wow...
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2015, 11:08 pm

Yeah... this co-coaching thing is really working well. Rolling Eyes
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/16/2015, 11:11 pm

Blaine and Dave is very awkward. I feel like Dave isn't Dave. It's crazy.

So, it's too late is all Kurt's fantasy, not even a real Klaine duet. That's how Kurt wants Blaine to see him, not how Blaine is actually thinking.

Sam smelling jock straps? Gross. Mentioning Beiste's leg hair? Double gross.

Spencer, your Canadian is showing--agaaainst.

Yes, these alum have nothing better to do than sit in the choir room for a week. It's not like they have other things to do in their lives.

Gosh, they make Becky worse and more pointless every time she is on the screen.

I'm sure the K(b)lainers are made that Brittania are cuddling in bed post-coital.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2015, 11:17 pm

I think that that bit of Kurt in his Dalton uniform was from Blaine's POV, because that's when they first got together and everything was its easiest because it was new and they didn't have a chance to fuck it up. And again, it points to Blaine liking it best when Kurt was vulnerable and Blaine felt like he was needed to protect Kurt.

Rachel is falling right into her old patterns of trying to dominate everything and show no respect for anyone around her. I'm not looking forward to more conflict between her and Kurt at this point. Kurt has enough on his plate without having his "bestie" trying to run roughshod over him again.

The Brittana scene was absolutely adorable and sweet. The Klainers will hate it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/16/2015, 11:23 pm

I'm done with Becky. Ugh.

Not liking the Brittana mashup at all. It's too slow. No energy. And neither of them can pull off Alanis. It's not a good mash up either. Usually, the songs mesh OK, but this is just weird.

I want to mash up with you forever? Seriously? Wow.

Once again, we have Kurt preaching "We're too young for marriage." But it only applies when he isn't involved.

Seriously, could they make this attack on Kurt any longer. And Kurt's just standing there taking it? Seriously! Not even having Kurt snark back? WTH!

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/16/2015, 11:26 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:
Seriously, could they make this attack on Kurt any longer.  And Kurt's just standing there taking it?  Seriously! Not even having Kurt snark back?  WTH!

Tuned out for that, ugh.

Becky's character has been destroyed beyond belief, what the hell.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2015, 11:27 pm

I was thinking about when Santana lashed out at Rachel when they were fighting and while she was out of line with saying that Rachel shaved, just about everything she said was true (just stated as harshly as possible).

I can understand that Santana would be angry that Kurt just rained all over her's and Brittany's happy moment, but she said absolutely nothing that wasn't just cruel bullshit.

Way to totally trash one of the best potential friendships on the show.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 1/16/2015, 11:29 pm

Ranwing wrote:I was thinking about when Santana lashed out at Rachel when they were fighting and while she was out of line with saying that Rachel shaved, just about everything she said was true (just stated as harshly as possible).

I can understand that Santana would be angry that Kurt just rained all over her's and Brittany's happy moment, but she said absolutely nothing that wasn't just cruel bullshit.

Way to totally trash one of the best potential friendships on the show.

Can't watch, but I am apparently a glutton for punishment. What did she say? :(
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/16/2015, 11:32 pm

Kurt has a firm belief that people shouldn't get married until 30? Why doesn't he listen to his own advice?

At least Brit gave Kurt good advice. Too bad he is too blinded by hair gel to really take it to heart.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2015, 11:33 pm

Too much to go into. She insulted his appearance, his personality, his clothes... basically the equivalent of "You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny."

I really liked the scene between Kurt and Brittany. She gave some really good advice and I think she helped Kurt. Telling him not to put his life on hold in the hope that things might work out with Blaine was exactly what he needed to hear.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M 1/16/2015, 11:34 pm

Ranwing wrote:Too much to go into. She insulted his appearance, his personality, his clothes... basically the equivalent of "You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny."

I really liked the scene between Kurt and Brittany. She gave some really good advice and I think she helped Kurt. Telling him not to put his life on hold in the hope that things might work out with Blaine was exactly what he needed to hear.

Thanks. This is the Santana I hate. It reminds me of when she got really bad in season 3 and was fat shaming Finn constantly. It isn't funny, it's just uncomfortable.
M&M
M&M
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2015, 11:46 pm

As much as I hate seeing Kurt hurting over Blaine (who in no way deserves to have that kind of power over Kurt), I'm loving Chris's acting here. We're really getting a window into Kurt's head here and I'm not at all surprised that emotionally he's a mess and it's coming out inappropriately all over the place. He's got so many years invested in Blaine and put so much work into their relationship. Walking away from it, even if it's the right thing for him to do for himself must be incredibly hard.

Being in Lima and constantly facing not just Blaine but all the reminders of their relationship (good and bad) has got to be incredibly difficult for Kurt and it's not helping him move forward. He needs to get his ass out of Lima, away from this toxic cesspool and the toxic people there and get back to New York. He needs to start fresh and stop rehashing all these old issues over and over again.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/16/2015, 11:47 pm

Did the Jane/Mason song really need to be a Klaine montage? I am so sick and tired of Kurt pining over such a horrible lying cheating bastard.

Dianna and Jenna sound really nice together. I always found Dianna's voice to be so pleasant. She definitely doesn't have as strong of a voice as the other girls (except Heather), but it is very pretty and does blend well with others.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 1/16/2015, 11:48 pm

It's not on over here yet, and I probably won't watch it live, because y'all be all asleep before I can post neutre . From the sounds of things, this is why I don't like Santana, because she gets away with being bitchy to her friends. Which is also why I can't get past Rachel anymore, she has no respect for her friends, except when it is convenient. I haven't liked Becky pretty much since the beginning. Once they made her Sue's mean-spirited hench person she lost any charm she had, IMHO. I know these characters aren't even remotely real, but I deal with enough emotional hoovers at work to want to see them on my screen.

Kurt is taking not getting married before 30 to heart, he broke it off with Blaine. The marriage is after this episode occurs, not before. Unfortunately he gets swept up in all the glam of a lesbian wedding, and sadly marries the little boy child he has unfortunately fallen in love with later on this season. Plus, having his dad, who was against Finn marrying practically tossing Kurt into Blaine's arms, like Kurt will never do better.

Blaine likes feeling like the protector, and Kurt is too strong. I think Karofsky, although physically big and strong, has a neediness and loneliness to give Blaine the spotlight and importance he requires. Of course, I haven't seen this episode, but I got no chemistry whatsoever last week. It would be nice if they ever had Blaine admit he feels that Kurt is too good for him, and that makes him insecure. But the writers will never allow Blaine to be seen as less than anyone. Even Sue can't find something rude to him.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/16/2015, 11:54 pm

Well, the Beiste transgender storyline is coming completely out of the blue, but Dot is really selling it.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 1/16/2015, 11:58 pm

So, Santana completely trashes Kurt, and next thing you know, she's walking over to him singing, and touches his shoulder? OK. Good resolution Glee.

Love that they didn't cut the Kurt parts out of this mash up.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 1/17/2015, 12:13 am

I haven't watched yet, and will go to bed first before I do, but I have 2 questions:

1) Did Santana really say something about Kurt's (and therefore Chris's) teeth?
If so: JFC.  rentine

2) Did Santana's rant put the blame of Klaine not working out as a couple completely on Kurt's shoulders?
(That's what I'm reading on tumblr.)
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 1/17/2015, 12:24 am

From the comments I being reading in this thread,I have no plans of watching this episode.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 1/17/2015, 12:26 am

It was a pretty mixed bag as an episode, but one thing is becoming really clear to me. That despite all this Daleastreet bullshit they expected us to swallow, Chris is the male lead of Glee. He's getting the screen time, the POV, the focus... maybe not the song performances that he deserves, but he is not being shoved into the background.

Take the whole breakup storyline. The majority of the focus is on Kurt's POV. Now I'll bitch forever that Kurt should put Blaine firmly in his rearview mirror and never look back but that's not how the show is going. But Blaine's POV, why he's with Dave, how he actually feels about Dave... that's getting no focus at all. It's all about Kurt and his emotional struggle because Chris is able to give me the layered and nuanced performances that make it feel sincere. So while the last thing I want to see is Kurt back with Blaine, I'm having fun watching Chris show his acting chops.

The Hummelberry partnership got a bit rocky there because Kurt was going through some real emotional turmoil and Rachel was pulling her usual doing what she thought was best without really listening to the input of others. Rachel has a bad habit of telling people only the positives (just like she only wants to hear the positives about herself and tunes out anyone who disagrees with her) and needs Kurt's more frank appraisal to balance her. If they can keep from killing one another, they can have a good working partnership. Not expecting this to last forever.

The Santana/Brittany scenes are sweet and while Santana bitching out Kurt was way out of line, I can understand why she was so angry. Here is her happiest moment and Kurt was crapping all over it because of his own issues. She went about expressing her anger completely the wrong way, but I give Kurt credit for apologizing. Owning up to your own bullshit is never easy and Kurt is wrestling through some very hard, complicated feelings. I liked the scene between him and Brittany because she as really giving him some good advice. Whether or not he and Blaine ever get back together (let me dream...), he can't live in limbo forever. He needs to start moving forward with his life. Now ideally (for me) that would mean getting out of Lima, getting away from Blaine and getting back to NY where he belongs. But I'll take any progress at this point. Let Kurt find himself a local hottie to enjoy, even it doesn't become serious.

I'm so tired of Becky eating up screen time. She was good at first, but no she's just obnoxious. I'd rather spend time on the new noobs than Becky. And I'm totally shipping Jane and Madison.

Yeah... there's no justifying the Bieste storyline. This really came out of nowhere, but I give Dot major props for selling it.

Nine more episodes of hell to endure.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  dimpledchris 1/17/2015, 12:30 am

Wow, what the hell was that episode? No wonder Chris didn't promote it.
dimpledchris
dimpledchris
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next