Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  Buenos on 1/22/2014, 6:02 pm

Once Glee is finished, we will see how many opportunities Chris Colfer gets in outside projects.

If Glee would give him decent SL's, NGL, I wouldn't have minded it going beyond 6 seasons for selfish reasons and if that was what Chris wanted.

Oh well.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  Glorfindel on 1/22/2014, 6:45 pm

^If the spin-off had been approved and been a success (with other writers obviously), I wouldn't have minded seeing Kurt for many more seasons on my screen.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glorfindel
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 6-550
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/22/2014, 6:50 pm

Glorfindel wrote:^If the spin-off had been approved and been a success (with other writers obviously), I wouldn't have minded seeing Kurt for many more seasons on my screen.

I agree, as long as he would have many storylines that don't involved either Rachel and especially Blaine. At least 50% if not more. Also ,I would want Adam to came back/stay even if Kurt and him would just be friends.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie on 1/22/2014, 9:37 pm

I'm with you girls. If glee would have given Chris better storylines, or the spin-off would have been aproved, I won't mind to see him other three years or more as Kurt.

However, also I believe Chris need to do more projects to not be known only as 'Kurt Hummel'

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 250px-Muhte%C5%9Fem_Y%C3%BCzy%C4%B1l_Logo
I currently obsessed with this
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisColferFan1 on 1/22/2014, 11:05 pm

brisallie wrote:I'm with you girls. If glee would have given Chris better storylines, or the spin-off would have been aproved, I won't mind to see him other three years or more as Kurt.

However, also I believe Chris need to do more projects to not be known only as 'Kurt Hummel'

Agree 100%, Also if there was a spin off most likely most if not every Kurt screens/storyline would involved either Blaine or Rachel. I like Rachel but still do not want most if not all of Kurt's screens/storyline involved her or Blaine. Not a fan of Blaine at all especially season 4 and this season. I doubt that will change, especially if the writers continue to write him they way they have been.

Both Chris C & Max A are great actors. Hope they work together again someday.

Huge fan of the talented,  kind  sweet, wonderful  Chris  Colfer

Really enjoyed Old Dog New Tricks. The Best Glee episode in a long time.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth on 1/23/2014, 3:32 am

I'm not getting my hopes up because of scheduling conflicts, but I'm glad that Chris' name is out there and people approve of him as Peter Pan. Can't wait for him to get other good roles, whether it's this or whether it's something else after Glee.
Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/23/2014, 5:15 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Tumblr_mztngt4GwD1qe476yo2_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Tumblr_mztngt4GwD1qe476yo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Tumblr_mzu4f1UCKN1qe476yo1_500
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Tumblr_mzu4f1UCKN1qe476yo2_500

Just in case any of us needs to style Chris' hair one day.....  Rolling Eyes  Wink

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Lottie2303 on 1/23/2014, 7:01 am

^ The fact that FOX pays the hair&make-up team and costume team money now to advertise Glee is hilarious. At least, I actually like their tweets. The information they provide is fair, respectful, without any stupid ship bias and actually interessting. Still, FOX is clearly very desperate  Twisted Evil 
Lottie2303
Lottie2303
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/23/2014, 7:59 am

Lottie2303 wrote:^ The fact that FOX pays the hair&make-up team and costume team money now to advertise Glee is hilarious. At least, I actually like their tweets. The information they provide is fair, respectful, without any stupid ship bias and actually interessting. Still, FOX is clearly very desperate  Twisted Evil 
Maybe Glee doesn't even have to pay them for their tweets, as there's a lot of product placements and advertising in them. Or Glee gets paid to pay their make-up and costume team for these (not so) hidden advertisements.  Rolling Eyes

But I agree that at least these people are not as annoying and obvious as that Joaquin camera guy.
Speaking of which: I think he lost the goodwill of the Klainers. Where they used to kiss his ass the ground he walked on they are now mocking him. Probably because he spoiled and teased so much Klaine (counting the days that Chris and Darren were on set together, saying he saw a Klaine kiss) while that never resulted in much Klaine in the episodes.
Well, when playing with fire.....

Let's see how long it takes before these nice make-up and costume people somehow (accidentally) step on the toes of some part of the fandom and then get harassed and scared away from twitter.

But jeez, they are indeed trying to promote the sh*t out of the 100th episode. A bit insecure perhaps, Glee?

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/23/2014, 2:37 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love all the success  and recognition that has come Chris way for his writing.

To have your first movie script be produced and starring made by the age of 21 is very heady indeed, ditto having best selling children's books.  I'm sure he's writing as we speak and has more books/screenplays/plays churning in his head.

I enjoyed the first LOS, but I'm not such a fan that I didn't notice certain weaknesses (for me) in the structure of the book, something I would also say about "Struck by Lightning" screenplay.   The improvement between the first and second  LOS was noticeable, I'm sure he will continue to improve and grow as a writer and as spoiled fans it will be thrilling to continue along his journey.  However I still preface his writing with "he's good for being only age...."

However in my mind his *acting*  as of now is the natural gift of Chris that is mature and more fully developed.  I don't preface his acting at all.   How rare is it that someone in their first professional gig has made the character of Kurt iconic, critically acclaimed, winning awards and the highest prestigious acting nominations  and still surprises us with his acting choices in the role.  (It would like being considered for a Pulitzer for your first novel to make a comparison. ) His Carson in "Struck by Lightning" acting wise was good as it was different from Kurt. The play "8" gave us a tantalizing view of Chris in another role (and I think his scenes with Clooney and company were stunning).

His singing is interesting to me, in that I think it's mature and polished so that he can put out an album.  But if push came to shove, as much as I love his singing, I think his acting is even more special. It's the luxury of comparing a Bentley to a Rolls Royce. Razz 

So on a very selfish, personal note I want more than anything to see Chris in a good outside project with a good script and good director and a good cast around him.

That's all.  coool
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/23/2014, 3:09 pm

the noobs are doom from the beginning. if murhy's original plan of a rolling cast were successful, they would be replaced just like the older graduates after about 3 years. if the goal were to always follow the originals and never intro any noobs, then they would never even been cast in the first place. so the fact that they had almost 2 yrs on the set is not so bad after all. the show would never be able to sustain both the original graduates AND a rolling noobie cast in the long run.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/23/2014, 3:22 pm

fantastica wrote:the noobs are doom from the beginning. if murhy's original plan of a rolling cast were successful, they would be replaced just like the older graduates after about 3 years. if the goal were to always follow the originals and never intro any noobs, then they would never even been cast in the first place. so the fact that they had almost 2 yrs on the set is not so bad after all. the show would never be able to sustain both the original graduates AND a rolling noobie cast in the long run.

I agree, but if that was Ryan's vision  (and he had such grandiose plans such as a Noob(plus probably Blam) concert tour after their first season) he jumped the gun; 3 years was too quick for such an abrupt transition.
IMO Ryan should have started the transition in Year 4 by introducing them and then Season 5 would be the change.  If everything had clicked, by year 6 or 7 he could have offered the Originals a spin off if they wanted to continue and I'm sure FOX would have been willing to accommodate  one at that point.

In his defense, he never was going  to let Lea, Chris, Cory, Darren *go*.  At least FOX wouldn't who technically they have their contracts with.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/23/2014, 4:31 pm

if he thought the cast were truly replaceable, then he wouldn't care much about the fate of hte originals. yes he was planning a spin off, but the spin off is a different show on its own and it would be a new experiment w/ unseen consequences. fox would not let the originals "go" in a sense that they planned on milking/using them for another show, but they were slated to be off glee for sure, that is, before the graduate gate blew the whole plan off.

what i was trying to say was, while i feel bad for the newbie actors who would apparently losing their regular cast status, it wasn't so bad for them either way you look at it. if they stayed they would have an extra season to work anyway. i wouldn't lose sleep over it.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth on 1/23/2014, 4:39 pm

Yahoo! has thrown Chris' name out for Peter Pan

" But here's another very viable option: How about Chris Colfer? The "Glee" star would be a natural for the part, and he definitely knows a thing or two about Neverland; in 2010 Colfer was photographed at a performance of the musical in California - and he was even flanked by a couple of Lost Boys."]
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/23/2014, 4:42 pm

fantastica wrote:if he thought the cast were truly replaceable, then he wouldn't care much about the fate of hte originals. yes he was planning a spin off, but the spin off is a different show on its own and it would be a new experiment w/ unseen consequences. fox would not let the originals "go" in a sense that they planned on milking/using them for another show, but they were slated to be off glee for sure, that is, before the graduate gate blew the whole plan off.

Their contracts with FOX were for  Glee.   A spin off would require a new contract to be negotiated and signed.   The reason that the odds of a spin off went down after the fiasco of graduation gate/season 2 was because those new contracts would obviously have put  Lea, Chris, and company in a stronger bargaining position as far as starting salary and other terms. So yes, after season 2 was probably the best time to try to commit Lea and company to new contracts, because it would mean extending their FOX/Glee related years from 7 to 9 years in all likelihood.

The more years they were on Glee and were getting other offers the odds diminished they would automatically want to sign a new 5-7 year contract.

IOW, Fox's contracts with the actors were null and void in case of a spin off.  Though to be fair, I doubt that Ryan Murphy was stupid enough to actually want to get rid of Lea, Chris and Cory on Glee even if the Noobs were successful before their contracts expired in probably 7 years.

I just think that Ryan/FOX would have given them an option for a spin off and spent the $$$$ to resign them, which would be win/win since the original Glee franchise was already taken care of.

Last edited by Buenos on 1/23/2014, 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/23/2014, 4:43 pm

i am surprised not more mention him for this peter pan role. to me he's PERFECT and i can't think of any other person.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel on 1/23/2014, 6:21 pm

Playbill has started a twitter poll on who we want to see as Peter Pan:

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Tumblr_mzvgeo2p8P1qg587mo1_500

Arrow   Link   to their twitter.

Last edited by Glorfindel on 1/23/2014, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/23/2014, 6:27 pm

folks please twitter bomb them for colfer!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Empty Twitter

Post  Kurt addict on 1/23/2014, 6:52 pm

I've tweeted

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Image11
[center]
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 1/24/2014, 9:55 am

Kurt addict wrote:I've tweeted

So did I today.  Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired on 1/24/2014, 10:29 am

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Tumblr_mzts41RIby1rlcjifo1_500

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Tumblr_mzts41RIby1rlcjifo2_500
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls on 1/25/2014, 1:50 am

Jellyrolls--Chris Colfer Forum Administrator
Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 S2e18-69405a-31c211d
Kurt: "I can't help but pull focus. Sorry." So Kurt. So Chris. So Perfect
RIB--The Greenest Showrunners in Hollywood--Recycling Storylines Since 2011!
For one minute of his life, I had Chris Colfer's attention. It was a great minute.
Blarrenstans are the reason we can't have nice things.
What's shakin', bacon? Kadam forever!
@huggingunicorns @ColferFanForum I think you two are the heads of the
Adam Crawford appreciation society! Ha!--Tweeted by @olliekjones on 4/2/13

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 22 Tumblr_mjd79iNp3m1qf87mzo1_250
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sheny on 1/25/2014, 1:57 pm

Jellyrolls wrote:

I hope her tweet doesn't make angry Bieber fans send hate to Chris.

sheny
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica on 1/25/2014, 2:07 pm

MTE. i totally agree w/ her but she should just keep it to her private circles. JB has an army of young fans who can turn pretty nasty at the sign of negativity toward their idol. she is broadcasting her private thoughts to the whole world and that's very risky.

on the other hand JB was much younger when he first became famous. chris was at least close to 18 when he was first casted. he was almost an adult. the several years difference can be crucial as i saw my own children struggled in their earlier teen years.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos on 1/25/2014, 7:20 pm

I'm very surprised Chris' mother would make such a public bone headed post like that, for goodness sake she knows Justin Beiber has a mother too.

It's best not to comment negatively when you are the mother of a public figure, it's bound to create attention and feedback.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next