Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

+31
JamieRulz
Porcelain
Kurt addict
Divalicious
Delight
mindschemez
msjoanlucette
valkeakuulas
Georgette888
ladydianab
opals
sheny
Jellyrolls
coxfire
ChrisColferFan1
angelnessa
ColdFlame96
Piciollina
MoviesAreLife
Ireth
Kurt Hummel
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ranwing
bayth
brisallie
fantastica
Lottie2303
ColferInspired
arina
Buenos
35 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  tanita_mors 10/17/2013, 4:41 pm

i see the land of stories as a definite possibility for something disney/pixar might be interested in. i have always seen it as an animated series of movies (sort of like shrek - and YES I know it isn't disney fanny2 ), more so them motion picture type. with motion picture a lot relies on the shoulders of your twin leads who would be kids (12-14 yo) and acting with children is often hit and miss. thought, i'm not gonna lie, either world work for me. Smile 
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8 - Page 2 Empty Re: Chris Colfer Appreciation Thread!--part 8

Post  fantastica 10/17/2013, 4:57 pm

totally agree Ivana! animated films would be the most approrpriate. even w/ live actions, you still need to create some CGI figures such as froggy, trolls, etc. i mean these creatures can not have proper facial expressions if they are just masks/makeups/prosthetics. you really need cgi. why not cgi all the way! would be easier to create the worlds digitally rather than building props. not everyone has a huge budget like Peter Jackson does for the TLOR/Hobbit series. p.s. I love the series. can't wait for hte Hobbit 2 to come up in theaters in a couple of month.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/17/2013, 5:36 pm

Ranwing wrote:Admittedly, while I'm mildly dissapointed that the announcement wasn't about the biopic, I am absolutely thrilled for Chris. This is such amazing news for him and such a statement about his success as a writer to get a multi-book deal. So proud of him!
Same here. I had hoped it would be about one of his upcoming movie projects, but I realize that his attachment to Glee prevents him from doing much filming outside of it. And as we already know that he's attached to the biopic and there's probably more in the pipeline this only means there will be even more news to come at some point.

But 2 more TLoS books!!! That's amazing. hola
That must mean that his books are a solid success, and yes, it also means that a movie adaptation might be the next step.

And I really love the idea of the story if the Curvy Tree being turned into a picture book. It's such a lovely story about finding the strengts in yourself. I'm sure children will love it, and I would also love to see more work from the TLoS books' illustrator.

Great news! bounce
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/17/2013, 5:48 pm

My mom just asked me if the books would be appropriate for my nephew (who's 4) if someone read it to him. I think it's still a bit mature for him, but when he's 8 he's getting the whole set for a birthday present! And he'll definately be getting the picture book as soon as it's out (along with a copy for myself).
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt Hummel 10/18/2013, 12:26 am

I can't wait for the new TLOS books! I still have to buy the second one. I also read somewhere that fans can vote where Chris' next book signing will be. I'm really hoping my city is picked. Nothing would make me happier.
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  Ireth 10/18/2013, 8:54 am

I'm so proud! 3 more books in this series is a really huge deal. bounce 

Ireth
Ireth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 10/18/2013, 11:09 am

So proud of Chris!

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/18/2013, 1:14 pm

Having an ongoing series of books in a "franchise" is HUGE in the publishing world. It's like getting the brass ring. The fact that the publishing company have signed him up for 3 more books indicate they have long term faith in his ability and his marketability with the reading audience he's acquired. IF Chris continues to write for years to come, his young (and older) readers will be on the literary journey with him most likely for the long haul. Us book readers are notoriously faithful. Razz 

The beauty of this all is that it doesn't affect adversely his acting career, he can still appear in movies or TV shows AND write. So writing books, hopefully more screen plays that see the light of day, and future acting gigs is something to look forward to after Glee ends in 17 months.

As posted by others it also gives him a bit of financial independence, in that Chris doesn't have to choose any role just to work but he can be a bit picky and choose projects he's really interested in.
Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Piciollina 10/18/2013, 2:38 pm

Buenos wrote:Having an ongoing series of books in a "franchise" is HUGE in the publishing world.  It's like getting the brass ring.  The fact that the publishing company have signed him up for 3 more books indicate they have long term faith in his ability and his marketability with the reading audience he's acquired.  IF Chris continues to write for years to come, his young (and older) readers will be on the literary journey with him most likely for the long haul.  Us book readers are notoriously faithful.  Razz 

The beauty of this all is that it doesn't affect adversely his acting career, he can still appear in movies or TV shows AND write.  So writing books, hopefully more screen plays that see the light of day, and future acting gigs is something to look forward to after Glee ends in 17 months.  

As  posted by others it also gives him a bit of financial independence, in that Chris doesn't have to choose any role just to work  but he can be a bit picky and choose projects he's really interested in.  
Can't wait to see all this... only 17 months left Wink  (where I will enjoy every little frame of this gorgeous talented man I can get moque )
Piciollina
Piciollina
Llama
Llama

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 10/19/2013, 11:07 am

Chris' new home.

Chris Colfer is singing the tune of a happy homeowner.

Since listing his starter home for $1.15 million just last month, it didn’t take long for the Glee star to find a new place to hang his hat.

The 23-year-old was ready to spend his hard-earned Golden Globe-winning cash by plunking down nearly $1.6 million on a Hollywood Hills bachelor pad in August, Celebuzz has learned. And he wanted the upgraded digs so badly that he even went over the listing price.

Now CB! can show you the first pics inside.

It may not look like much from the outside, but there’s a lot more to it than meets the eye.

Located on a quiet cul-de-sac, the 2-story traditional home is secluded behind gates at the end of a private driveway. The 4-bedroom abode needs a little décor TLC, but the foundation is a good palette.

Filled with charming elements like French doors off a large family room with fireplace, the bottom floor opens to a rock-lined pool and patio. The gourmet kitchen features custom red cabinetry, huge pantry, granite countertops, Viking appliances, and a quaint breakfast area. And when the TV crooner/newly-minted children's author wakes up every morning, he’ll have a grand view of the mountains from his luxurious master suite.

And for those times when he’s not relaxing in the remodeled bathroom complete with soaking tub, he can get to work in his private office or have fun reorganizing all his red carpet duds in the impressive walk-in closet.

Last edited by bayth on 10/19/2013, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/19/2013, 11:53 am

Nice to see that he's got some security with a front gate - that should help give him the privacy that he needs. One thing I've learned from being a home-owner myself is that while curb appeal is nice, you spend most of your time inside or using the back of the property. If those are nice, then how it looks from the front isn't as vital. Nothing is worse that having a house that looks great from the front, but then is disappointing inside.

He seems to have a thing for buying homes that need a bit of renovations and doing the upgrades himself. And seriously... $1.6 million is not exactly a huge price for homes in that area. This is a step up from the starter-home that he bought last time. And it certainly sounds big enough for having plenty of guests. That back patio and pool are worth the asking price alone IMO.

Last edited by Ranwing on 10/19/2013, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 10/19/2013, 11:55 am

If you click on the link - there are many photos of the exterior and interior. And the views are spectacular.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/19/2013, 12:09 pm

Let's face it; Chris' future prospects are very bright indeed, with or without Glee.

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/19/2013, 12:17 pm

bayth wrote:If you click on the link - there are many photos of the exterior and interior.  And the views are spectacular.

I saw. Very envious. And I would kill for that kitchen.

The house is really gorgeous. Has great bones (as they would say on HGTV) and there is plenty of place for him to put his own stamp on things but no really big reno projects are needed. Some paint, artwork and new furniture and he's going to have a very comfortable place to hang his hat.

What really strikes me is the level of privacy this place offers Chris. I think he can feel really secure here and not have to worry about crazy "fans" trying to spy on him when he's at home.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  MoviesAreLife 10/19/2013, 12:55 pm

MoviesAreLife
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  bayth 10/19/2013, 1:34 pm

MoviesAreLife wrote:Has anyone seen this? http://fyiklainesucks.tumblr.com/post/64142976895/lovejoybliss-creeveyluv-colferlovers

Thank God for the gate.Mad 
He probably has security with motion detectors in place as well. I like that there are high screens around the property and no one living behind him. That level of privacy is key to a sense of well being at home. And I bet he has decorated it beautifully.
bayth
bayth
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  ColdFlame96 10/19/2013, 1:50 pm

The view is absolutely gorgeous! wub and I guess this explains the pool party he had with Rob the other week. It makes me wonder though, if these celebrities ever get lonely living in those huge houses by themselves.

1.6 M though? Not bad. It seems like he was pretty desperate to buy it, which makes me a little sad. At least now the poor man can have some privacy.
ColdFlame96
ColdFlame96
Bruce
Bruce

http://waitformethistime.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 10/19/2013, 4:02 pm

What a lovely house. And the grounds and views around it are gorgeous too. Chris seems to love the wild hillsides of L.A. (and I can understand why).
And ooooh, the pool and jacuzzi..... I'm a bit jealous. fanny2 

Ranwing wrote:Nice to see that he's got some security with a front gate - that should help give him the privacy that he needs. One thing I've learned from being a home-owner myself is that while curb appeal is nice, you spend most of your time inside or using the back of the property. If those are nice, then how it looks from the front isn't as vital. Nothing is worse that having a house that looks great from the front, but then is disappointing inside.

He seems to have a thing for buying homes that need a bit of renovations and doing the upgrades himself. And seriously... $1.6 million is not exactly a huge price for homes in that area. This is a step up from the starter-home that he bought last time. And it certainly sounds big enough for having plenty of guests. That back patio and pool are worth the asking price alone IMO.
Indeed, the patio and pool look like a lovely place to relax after work, with the needed shade, and such beautiful flowers an palm trees.

I'm also glad he has a solid gate and some area filled with bushes surrounding the house.

bayth wrote:He probably has security with motion detectors in place as well.  I like that there are high screens around the property and no one living behind him.  That level of privacy is key to a sense of well being at home.  And I bet he has decorated it beautifully.  
I sure hope so.
As much as I liked his old home it didn't give him much privacy and security. The gate and the grounds of this new house should be able to protect him from the more obnoxious 'fans', at least in his own home.

ColdFlame96 wrote:The view is absolutely gorgeous! :wub:and I guess this explains the pool party he had with Rob the other week. It makes me wonder though, if these celebrities ever get lonely living in those huge houses by themselves.
I doubt he lives there all by himselves these days. fanny2
But even if he is, it's not like he has nothing to do or no places to go, so I think he might enjoy the quiet and space at the times he is at home.

And there's always Brian and his fishes, of course. Smile

1.6 M though? Not bad. It seems like he was pretty desperate to buy it, which makes me a little sad. At least now the poor man can have some privacy.
TBH: if I had the extra money (I mean: with an amount of 1.6 million dollars a couple of 10000 bucks don't really matter much) I also wouldn't mind paying a bit more to get this gorgeous house. As Wendy said: the back patio and pool alone are worth it.
Also, if you fall in love with a house you just have to have it, at least that's been my experience.

And by the looks of it Chris really loves having a view on the wild hillsides of Hollywood, and there aren't that many houses that offer that kind of view: that could be an extra factor too for wanting this particular house.

So I'm not so sure that Chris was willing to put some extra cash in purely because he desperately needed another home after he was stalked in his last.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 10/19/2013, 4:19 pm

The views!!wub wub 

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranwing 10/19/2013, 6:08 pm

Looking on Zillow for the Hollywood Hills area, what Chris paid is in no way exorbitant. Not with so many houses in the 2-6 million dollar range in the area. It's gorgeous but still a relatively modest house for the area.

As far as Chris paying more than the asking price, again not all that out of the ordinary. Especially if there was someone else interested in the property. Paying a bit extra was probably a good way to secure the house quickly and likely close quickly. I do think that security is something that Chris, wisely, kept in consideration when choosing this house, but it wasn't his overriding concern. It's a lovely house that's a nice step up from what he had previously owned, gives him added space and a wonderful setting to have his friends over on a regular basis. And those views are to die for.

Whether or not he's living alone (and I'm leaning towards not), he'd still want the extra space for guests. He's young, but not exactly a kid any longer so having a nice house certainly fits his lifestyle. And I would think that with all his traveling and work schedule where he just doesn't get a whole lot of down time having a beautiful, quiet house where he can just relax is worth any price.
Ranwing
Ranwing
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 10/19/2013, 8:13 pm

good for chris. it's a fine house w/ a lovely ground.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/19/2013, 9:35 pm

I'm seeing the pictures of Chris's new crib and I think he did a good investment in buying this house. Is so pretty and secure Smile
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/19/2013, 10:04 pm

Chris new house is just gorgeous. wub 

I'm sure Chris, Brian, his fishes and a certain someone will be very happy there. Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 10/20/2013, 12:23 am

And now I know that stalking story was true, I don't think I want to see Chris shirtless.

If fans can be that crazy and obssessed, I would hate what some were capable of he did. Meaning he would have male fans that could be crazier than these girls.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  brisallie 10/20/2013, 1:06 am

I just read the stalking storyline, first I wanted to appreciate the beautiful crib Chris bought, and if I were him, also I would have run off immediately. And I think is great this new house it has more security, I know some fans were obsessing, but not that much.

Colferlnspired wrote:And now I know that stalking story was true, I don't think I want to see Chris shirtless.
Agree. I know is been a while since we want to see Chris shirtless, but not by invading his privacy. If Chris already think his fans are perverted, what would he think if that kind of picture is published?
brisallie
brisallie
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

http://CalmaInestable.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next