Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bistro on the corner

+27
Kurt addict
Ranwing
bayth
murasaki1
ColferInspired
Buenos
Georgette888
Lottie2303
ColdFlame96
ChrisColferFan1
Jellyrolls
Catt24
MoviesAreLife
ColferGirl
Divalicious
Glorfindel
valkeakuulas
zuppid
Delight
tanita_mors
Ireth
arina
BlueJazz
sahhar
Kurt Hummel
fantastica
brisallie
31 posters

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 43 Empty Re: Bistro on the corner

Post  ColferInspired 6/14/2016, 4:39 am

I am still in shock over Orlando.

Those poor people and their families, this is just horrific. And thank god Anna's son is safe. I don't have children, but I can understand the terror and the panic when she did not know where he was.

I was watching this show in my country called Sunrise and the breaking news sign popped up. That is how I found out.

I was in disbelief for a long time as I could not fathom how this could have happened.

So, many people, so many families destroyed.

It is hard to find the right words as I write this.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 6/14/2016, 9:41 am

I'm glad your son and his friends are alright, Anna. I can only imagine the fearful hours you must have gone through, not hearing from him when you thought he was in that nightclub.

All those young people's lives lost, and their poor families having to deal with their loss. And so many people who had friends, or friends of friends there, and them not knowing for hours who got out and who was gone.

Every mass-shooting and terrorist attack is horrible, no matter for what stupid 'reason' or ideology they are commited/claimed, it's just utter madness and a waste of life.
But what I find so devastating about this one is that the LGBTQIA+ community was slowly seeing progress in their acceptation and recognition the last few years (although there is still a lot wrong in the world) and now they must feel so scared and unsafe again.
And tbh the media isn't helping by mostly focusing on the terrorist's religion and ancestry while almost ignoring his clear bigotry and homophobic hate, with some media not even mentioning that this happened in a gay bar and that the LGBTQIA+ community (and maybe even POC, as it was Latina night at the club) was deliberately targeted.

And lets not forget the gun control laws (or better lack thereof) discussion in all of this. It's true that guns don't kill people, people do, but the USA would be a much safer place if people wouldn't have such easy access to guns, let alone semi-automatic assault guns.

This world grosses me out sometimes, how cruel and cold/calculated people can be.
Although seeing all those people wanting to help in Orlando and e.g. lining up for hours to donate blood is the other, more positive side of it. I think most people want to do right, and it's just a few that ruin it for everybody, but when they do it's so heartbreaking devastating with innocent lives being destroyed.
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/16/2016, 5:59 am

The NRA and the corrupt politicians are to blame who accept money from. :angry: 

Us countries that do have tight guns laws are fortunate because we didn't have those obstacles.

Here in Australia it took a mass shooting where two of the victims were two little girls with their mum who was shot dead in front of them and then they were hunted down by they killer Michael Bryant.

He killed 32 people at Port Arthur that was a popular tourist spot.

There was a documentary about it because we had the anniversary of the tragedy, and I found out he enjoyed killing those people and was sad he lost his guns. He took pride in what he had done. He did it to be famous and thought he would be a big man in jail but he was removed from general population and is now a sad and lonely man.

This documentary was tapes that the police decided to release because none of us really knew why he did it. And maybe it gave some of the survivors some closure hopefully.

The gun amnesty that our prime minister at the time John Howard did were people got money after handing in their guns and getting money for them was the best thing ever. High powered weapons are still banded, but we do have a stupid independent Pauline Hanson that wants gun ban removed. I think she has a crush on the orange monster Trump.

She says she has gay friends but does not want gay marriage and she says they don't want gay marriage, but that is a human right, so she is a bare faced liar.

She is like a female Trump.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 6/16/2016, 9:01 pm

I have some good news.

First I was worried about getting more scans but I found out yesterday from my oncologist that despite not getting the reports that from the scans everything looks good and I could be taken off chemo but will have to have a number of tablets.

I get this hormone every three weeks but it wrecks my voice and it deepens it; it is amusement to my best friend, it cracks him up when as I have a British accent though I was born in Australia, and he said I sounded like Jason Statham. dryy

Luckily it wears off, and by morning my voice is back to normal.  neutre 

And some even more great news this elderly couple were it seemed her husband was not accepting the treatment for his stomach cancer and I thought he was going to die, as it turns out he isn't as it must be his body is finally accepting it and letting it kill the cancer. hola 

He has four months of treatment left.

It broke my heart when I saw him on the phone sobbing one day and his wife standing around the corner who looked to be total shock. I should not have listened to the conversation it is hard when you have to pass them to get to pathology and you sort of knew them and unfortunately just plain nosy. Embarassed
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 6/17/2016, 7:14 pm

Liz, I haven't commented on your situation because, frankly I didn't know what to say. God know cancers seams to be everywhere there says.

But don't stop fighting like hell. As far as we all know we have only one life and don't give it up for anything. I'm glad that the therapy is working and that you are getting better. Positivity above all and don't hesitate to talk about it. Never bottle things of this importance inside. Even sharing something with a stranger is liberating and it's healthy for you psyche.

As for Orlando, that whole situation was just senseless. What possible reason that madman could have had is anyone's guess - homophobia, terrorism, self loathing,... non of it is enough. I'm amazed that the gun laws in USA haven't changes with all this senseless gun violence in the past 20 years. But I guess the power of the all mighty dollar is to strong for common sense and public safety.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Buenos 6/24/2016, 3:07 am

Wow, The UK actually did it, Brexit that is.

From what I read London, Northern Ireland and Scotland voted to stay.

How realistic is it to expect another Scotland referendum to leave the UK?

Buenos
Buenos
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 6/24/2016, 11:47 am

Highly realistic. Perhaps Scotland, N.Ireland would both be "liberated" from UK. This is democracy at work. I am not sure if I am being realistic or sarcastic or both.

On the other hand, the land will be there. The people will be there. They will wear different hats but life will go on.

Meanwhile it's a great opportunity to go visit UK. Their currency has devalued so much now that you can get more for your money as a tourist (at least for us Americans I think). Too bad I am stuck here taking care of my sick mom who is VERY slowly recovering from her recent surgery.

god bless everyone!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 6/24/2016, 1:06 pm

Just to update all my son is now home and highly embarrassed by his mother but I don't care lol I've told him he is grounded, but I don't think he is taking that to seriously
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 6/24/2016, 1:07 pm

Oops posted twice

Last edited by Kurt addict on 6/24/2016, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post)
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 6/24/2016, 1:10 pm

On a somber note my thoughts and prayers are with all the victims of this atrocity. I went through seven hours of hell and I feel very blessed that my son was safe has there been any further news on those who where hospitalised?
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/6/2016, 2:34 pm

A bit of positive news on my side.

After what seams like forever, I have finally graduated and have my collage degree in economics - international commerce specifically. I'm not sure how equivalent it is in foreign terms, it's a masters in economics - level VII-2. I didn't actually do a masters study but because I enrolled before the Bologna Process was in place, my 4 year education is equivalent to an extra masters year - i just get some kind of certificate with my degree  that equates them (if i wanted doctoral studies I would have to do an actual masters first thought). I don't know how you call that in the west - a bachelor degree (I think that is a 3 year program, a first level degree that is 3 years here) or maybe an MBA or whatever.

Anyway, I felt like sharing the news here because we have all been in each others lives for years now and it felt right.

bounce bounce bounce
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/6/2016, 5:31 pm

^Congratulations!!!   hola

Bistro on the corner - Page 43 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4LJOcUGLaWE81FDtM65oNATzbYkLRIl7o26wIxGFPyhMWH7Uqug

And what will you do now? Will you be studying even more or trying to find a job?
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 7/6/2016, 8:36 pm

A job girl.

I've been living far too long of my parents as it is - benefit of being an only child, not to mention that living on your own unless you are married is rear here, if you aren't rich that is. I'm preparing my CV and will start applying to various jobs soon. As much as boring economy is, I have a wide variety of options with this degree - marketing, advertising, economics, commerce, accounting, management, if i'm lucky a job in a government owned company.... Here in Serbia it isn't that important what you specialized in as long as it was economy.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/7/2016, 12:54 am

Congrats girl! !!!! I'm so happy for you! I can tell from your postings that you are a very intelligent young lady, so it's not surprising that you have achieved this far in acedemics. Wish you all the best of the luck in your first job!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Glorfindel 7/7/2016, 3:42 am

tanita_mors wrote:A job girl.
Good luck with the job hunting. Bistro on the corner - Page 43 Giving-thumbs-up-winking-smiley-emoticon
Glorfindel
Glorfindel
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/8/2016, 8:42 pm

I am getting really annoyed with the hospital where I am having my treatment. :angry: 

First I get told by one of the doctors that my treatment was every two weeks. Later to find out from the day unit that it was still every week via a SMS the week when I was lead to believe I wasn't going to have. I missed this appointment and had to go the next day instead.

Two weeks ago I am told by my onocologist that she could be taking me off chemo and putting me on tablets.

Then last week I am told by the report that everything is looking better better and my treatment will be every two weeks.

I am thinking from the latter that the tablets would have included chemo by tablet as well.

They keep messing me around and I am getting tired of it.

I am thinking of moving to another hospital.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/8/2016, 8:47 pm

tanita_mors wrote:A bit of positive news on my side.

After what seams like forever, I have finally graduated and have my collage degree in economics - international commerce specifically. I'm not sure how equivalent it is in foreign terms, it's a masters in economics - level VII-2. I didn't actually do a masters study but because I enrolled before the Bologna Process was in place, my 4 year education is equivalent to an extra masters year - i just get some kind of certificate with my degree  that equates them (if i wanted doctoral studies I would have to do an actual masters first thought). I don't know how you call that in the west - a bachelor degree (I think that is a 3 year program, a first level degree that is 3 years here) or maybe an MBA or whatever.

Anyway, I felt like sharing the news here because we have all been in each others lives for years now and it felt right.

bounce bounce bounce

This is the best news every. hola

Good luck with job hunting and hope you find one that can make you happy to work there. Smile
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 7/11/2016, 11:47 am

Liz, hang on there. Cancer is a big battle and takes awhile. I myself have just been taking care of my mom in the hospital for 2 weeks and no hospital is perfect. Staffs are over worked and cannot take care of you individually all the time. I was there around 10 hours a day and basically doing what nurses should do but didn't have time to do (except medication etc. which i am unqualified to handle). One doctor comes in and says one thing and another comes later and say something else. Everything is confusing and fewer follow ups. That said, mom is gradually recovering. Things are getting better and now she is home. Tough times will pass. Having family/friends/loved ones to support you is the most important thing. Be patient with the progress. Good luck!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  ColferInspired 7/11/2016, 11:06 pm

fantastica wrote:Liz, hang on there. Cancer is a big battle and takes awhile. I myself have just been taking care of my mom in the hospital for 2 weeks and no hospital is perfect. Staffs are over worked and cannot take care of you individually all the time. I was there around 10 hours a day and basically doing what nurses should do but didn't have time to do (except medication etc. which i am unqualified to handle). One doctor comes in and says one thing and another comes later and say something else. Everything is confusing and fewer follow ups. That said, mom is gradually recovering. Things are getting better and now she is home. Tough times will pass. Having family/friends/loved ones to support you is the most important thing. Be patient with the progress. Good luck!

I am glad to hear your mum is getting better. neutre

That must have been tough for you and the family.

I have what is called baby hair growing back and it looks weird. Still have no eyebrows or eyelashes.

I feel for new cancer patients that seem be coming in nearly every week now. I want to say something to them because I know they are scared but all I can say like other patients do is good luck.
ColferInspired
ColferInspired
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Bistro on the corner - Page 43 Empty News

Post  Kurt addict 8/19/2016, 1:53 pm

hola Hi all,
Some of you may know that for the last two years I have been training to be Reader in the Church of England, I passed my course in June, but I had to have a interview with my director of studies and then on his recommendation the Bishop licenses me.
Well today I had my interview and its official I will be licensed at the Cathedral in September! I'm so excited. Thank you to all who have supported me
Anna hola
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/23/2016, 11:45 pm

Congrats Anna!

May I ask what a reader is or does since I am not familiar with how a uk church works? Sounds very complicated with license and everything. I apologize ahead for my lack of knowledge.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 8/24/2016, 2:36 am

Lol, no worries a reader is licensed by the Bishop to preach, run study groups, precide morning worship and assistant Communion services, and officiate at funerals A Reader does everything a priest does accept bless the sacrament or perform a wedding.Bistro on the corner - Page 43 US6gsQ
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/24/2016, 7:49 am

Wow very impressive! Congrats for such an achievement! Time for big celebration. Smile
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurt addict 8/24/2016, 8:03 am

Lol there will be! My group and I are going out for a meal on Friday, my church is arranging a party after the licensing and I will also be attending a celebration dinner with the Bishop after the licensing it's all very exciting at the moment! The last two years have been very taxing but now they are worth it hola
Kurt addict
Kurt addict
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 8/25/2016, 4:00 pm

Do they allow female priest/bishop in Church of England?
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next