Books you have read and wish to recommend, or not...

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Books you have read and wish to recommend, or not... - Page 4 Empty Re: Books you have read and wish to recommend, or not...

Post  tanita_mors on 3/13/2015, 10:04 am

and ironically, one of the biggest characters in the series is Death. He had a very interesting view on it.
I was quite shocked when they announced his death on our news last night. great writer and a great man.

one of his famous sayings was that Death isn't cruel, but very, very good and efficient at it's job.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Books you have read and wish to recommend, or not... - Page 4 Sig11

Books you have read and wish to recommend, or not... - Page 4 212
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Books you have read and wish to recommend, or not... - Page 4 Empty Re: Books you have read and wish to recommend, or not...

Post  Delight on 4/9/2015, 6:27 am

Books you have read and wish to recommend, or not... - Page 4 Getimage

I will recommend 'Dear Leader' by Jang Jin-Sung for anyone who is interested in getting a unique insight into why North Korea is notorious for gross human rights violations. Imagine a despot who elevates himself into the status of godhood, and systematically brainwashes an entire country's people into worshipping and obeying him. A government that is more concerned about holding onto their absolute control over their people (such as carrying out a public execution for a farmer who had stolen a bag of rice to stave off starvation), than actually helping their people.

Reading this book has made me extremely grateful that I have not been born in a country like North Korea. How the country is run comes across to me like a large-scale social experiment carried out by a demented scientist.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4