Chris Colfer Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

+33
mellama
Heyerchick
ChrisColferFan1
BlueJazz
Catt24
Ireth
CCfan93
Buenos
kac
red texta
sahhar
E-ko
arina
Jellyrolls
Porcelainbyfire
M&M
ColferGirl
Vir Cotto
paulopf
Divalicious
valkeakuulas
CloveGlee
brisallie
Glorfindel
tanita_mors
Ces
ColferInspired
Emile
Shinra17
Delight
fantastica
Dame Loli
dap1217
37 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 5:43 pm

I am not saying they are completely leaving. I still don't like it if they are only guest actors who pop in occasionally (like Burt does) and every scene he's in will be tied to you-know-who (just like burt is tied to kurt), and that all kurt does is praising him and telling him how hot/talented/wonderful he is, and he misses him and loves him and wants them to be together. this would be my worse case scenerio. and if that happens, people will either quit glee or flood to this thread to bitch non-stop.

ETA Ivana just read your post above me and I agree / u. if rachel stays in Lima no more NY arc and kurt is completely done except as occasional prop for his boyfriend. That means next Tuesday's episode maybe the last chance we will see his solo, and him having a major story arc.

gosh I am so depressed now I need to buy some ice cream!
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3 - Page 21 Empty Re: Kurt Hummel Snark & Bark Thread--Part 3

Post  ChrisColferFan1 4/28/2012, 6:26 pm

tanita_mors wrote:
fantastica wrote:I fear that not making rachel going to NYADA is a way to keep her on the set as a regular next season. she may end up staying in Lima, maybe as a TA in glee club, and then they can pair her w/ blaine to sing the fuck off.
Well, if Rachel stay's in Lima, then yes, Chris is done with this show.

If this is true I will stop watching Glee.
ChrisColferFan1
ChrisColferFan1
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  tanita_mors 4/28/2012, 6:34 pm

the thing is, i'm pretty sure most of rachel fans will rather stop watching the show then see her fail to get into nyada at the end of this year. if she stays home, glee has pretty much completely sold out from their original inspirational idea. you know the one i'm talking about - the two extraordinary kids who are very talented and deserve to be somewhere where that talent will be appreciated. the ultimate story must always be kurt and rachel success. anything else just isn't glee any more.
tanita_mors
tanita_mors
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  sahhar 4/28/2012, 6:51 pm

fantastica wrote:I am not saying they are completely leaving. I still don't like it if they are only guest actors who pop in occasionally (like Burt does) and every scene he's in will be tied to you-know-who (just like burt is tied to kurt), and that all kurt does is praising him and telling him how hot/talented/wonderful he is, and he misses him and loves him and wants them to be together. this would be my worse case scenerio. and if that happens, people will either quit glee or flood to this thread to bitch non-stop.

ETA Ivana just read your post above me and I agree / u. if rachel stays in Lima no more NY arc and kurt is completely done except as occasional prop for his boyfriend. That means next Tuesday's episode maybe the last chance we will see his solo, and him having a major story arc.

gosh I am so depressed now I need to buy some ice cream!

Oh god, please don't say that!. I'm sure he'll have a major role in Season 4, I still have hope, don't break the dream!! :( .

sahhar
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 6:56 pm

well, just because she is not going to nyada doesn't mean she fails. she can co-lead glee club, or some other local theater activities and she feels her life is still rewarding w/o going to NY. knowing that not everybody gets to fullfill their dreams there are other alternatives, and rachel may just realize that the alternative can be as good for her as her first choice. maybe whoopie's character will point to her a great local alternative. the thing is, she is the lead of hte show, so she is either kept near McKinley, or they would have to do a split narative in NY. the split narative is structively disastrous but w/o these main chsaracters the show will die. I think keeping rachel in lima (or nearby) is the only way they can still keep her as a lead character w/o the NY arc. As for Kurt, he will pop in once in awhile claiming that he's doing this musical and that musical, all done off camera so we will probably never hear him perform again, except an occasional duet w/ blaine, like cooper does. so yeah, by then I would be completely done w/ this show. I can watch kurt's 3 minute clip from youtube instead of forcing myself through the agony of watching a souless high school musical 4.0
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/28/2012, 7:00 pm

Glee is a business, and like all businesses you keep your best commodities. Rachel is the lead female, there isn't a way in hell that they would downgrade her role, unless they already had a female character who created the same buzz. They do not possess this person. Kurt's role is being tied to Rachel's, not Blaine's. They are both looking for a future in the theater. I still think Whoopi's character is going to announce a NYADA branch in Ohio. Kurt and Rachel will get the same education, it's not like they can work on Broadway, and devote that amount of time it requires, and go to school. So school it is, and when they graduate they go to NY. I think that is the reason so many of the characters are going for the arts, to keep as many of them as possible.

Chris is the only "young" actor who keeps getting praise for his performances, and comes "thisclose" to getting an Emmy. That is not good business sense to send him away, or keep him in bit parts. They need their go-to person who can bring the drama, and have strong family bonds, a way to keep Mike O'Malley available as well. Glee isn't about just providing education of life events to kids, but to the parents of those kids. I don't see them letting this powerful relationship go.

Whatever they do, I see him getting about the same amount of airtime he gets now, some episodes are great for Kurt, others he is only in the background. Rachel will still sing the majority of the girl songs.

RIB changes their minds at the drop of a hat, no guest stars to lots of guest stars, no tributes to several tributes. I am thinking Glee the college years-no way!! well, maybe.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 7:05 pm

there's no way they can give him the same amount of screentime as he's getting in this season or least, if they still want to focus on the McKinley glee club. they just can't do that w/o some split narative. remember Dalton isn't that far either, and the split narative is the beginning of the downward decline. the only good thing I can see out of today's bad news/speculation, is that next season when the rating hits rock bottom, I will actually celebrate, because I don't care about the show anymore, and my bb won't be dragged down because he won't hardly be there to take the blame.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/28/2012, 8:58 pm

I think it is 100% certain Rachel will end up in New York. She's going to have a last triumphant redemption arc that sweeps her into NYADA at the 11th hour, and Finn will also be going to New York. He's already told us that

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 9:03 pm

but Finn's application is so late they can easily say well he didn't get in because he missed hte deadline. what they are doing now is testing different scenerios and sniff the public response. they are still working on the final episode so things can go either way.

if Rachel goes to NY they will either lose their lead actress or they will have to do a split narative. if the split is on we don't have anything to fear. it maybe structurally bad for glee but for us kurt fans it will be teh best scenero. If the girl is leaving Lima you know kurt's arcs are completely done.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/28/2012, 9:20 pm

I love, love, love Kurt. And I want Chris to have a secure paycheck. And apparently, Chris wants to stay in Glee, so if he does, I'll stay with him, at least to watch his bits, however scarce they might be. But a very ugly and selfish corner of myself would be grateful to be done with this show.
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 9:24 pm

^ I don't think that corner is "ugly" and "selfish". while some of us love hte show no matter who is in it, I don't - not anymore. I only watch it for kurt/chris, so I am weaning myself from teh show after next Tuesday.

I will still come here though. Smile

Last edited by fantastica on 4/28/2012, 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  paulopf 4/28/2012, 9:26 pm

fantastica wrote:^ I don't think that corner is "ugly" and "selfish". while some of us love hte show no matter how is in it, I don't - not anymore. I only watch it for kurt/chris, so I am weaning myself from teh show after next Tuesday.

I will still come here though. Smile

Kurt will be less featured after next Tuesday?
paulopf
paulopf
Porcelain
Porcelain

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 9:33 pm

I think kurt's main arc is over once he gets into NYADA. the rest is just supporting other characters til the end of the season. what else can they write about him? his relationship issue is "solved". they need to tidy up other graduates' future now. I do anticipate something fun in the swap plot where he will play another character. I am looking forward to that but I dont think there will be anything else - nothing A or B plot wise.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 9:35 pm

you guys are welcome to shake me out of this pathetic thinking pattern. I need something happy. the LOS review does makes me happy.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/28/2012, 9:36 pm

Can I just be nasty for a moment and say that I wish that the show would tank with Blaine at the helm next season? That way, maybe the media and TPTB behind Glee would finally open their eyes to the fact that Blaine as a character is incapable of carrying the show, no matter how many iTunes he sells. I want it to suffer the same fate as 'Joey', the spin-off from Friends, which got cancelled after 2 seasons, because the show creators mistakenly thought that Joey as a character is interesting and compelling enough for those viewers who love 'Friends' to continue to watch him in his very own series.

Having said that, I still don't believe that Glee would let Kurt Hummel leave the show. I give RIB+ the credit that they're not deluded enough to think that they've found a replacement for Kurt in Blaine. Best case scenario is that RM had changed his mind and revisited the idea of a spin-off.

I basically want whatever Chris wants. I like that Chris's motivation to continue being on Glee has a lot to do with wanting to see Kurt's ongoing journey. It's the writer and the lover of stories in him that give him that inclination, I suppose.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/28/2012, 9:38 pm

fantastica wrote:you guys are welcome to shake me out of this pathetic thinking pattern. I need something happy. the LOS review does makes me happy.

Do you want me to post more lolcats in the Bistro thread? Smile

But don't start getting gloomy now. We still have a good Kurt performance to look forward to next week. And yes, the body-swap episode looks interesting (for Chris, acting-wise), however silly the scenario seems to be.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 9:39 pm

banzai same here!

chris won't leave the show. they won't write him off the show completely. that's for sure! I am also sure that the extra time he has next year may open a lot more doors for Chris to pursue outside projects.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Delight 4/28/2012, 10:48 pm

I have to admit to feeling slightly annoyed on Chris's behalf that he still has no idea what is going to happen next season.

What was all that talk about the 'revolutionary idea' that is so revolutionary and no one is able to talk about it? I have a gut feeling that Chris's uncertainty about the whole thing pretty much reflects that TPTB behind Glee has no clue whatsoever about how they're going to carry out next season. I bet the dropping ratings are making them worried now, and if they don't start making some smart decisions soon, the series will belly up and people would stop caring.
Delight
Delight
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 10:56 pm

the rating has been on a downward trend all season and despite their "emotional" plots and "shocking" cliff hangers nothing is able to stop this trend. the best they can do is sustain the numbers. I doubt next season we shall see anything above 6 millions.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  CloveGlee 4/28/2012, 10:57 pm

Twitter campaign: Kurt4EVER

Better wording?

Hey, I am absolutely positive they at least heard us last time.

CloveGlee
Sea Monkey
Sea Monkey

http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 11:00 pm

about "revolutionary" idea - they probably had a tentative plan and then sent the hints out trying to gauge the public response. the response from the fandom seems to be "this is going to be a big mess" either way. so as they approach the end of the season they try to keep quite some options open and play w/ different scenerios. thus the actors (including chris and damian) all say they've heard "rumors" about different things and everything is still up in the air. I am sure these rumors are talks w/ them regarding different outcomes.
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  fantastica 4/28/2012, 11:03 pm

CloveGlee wrote:Twitter campaign: Kurt4EVER

Better wording?

Hey, I am absolutely positive they at least heard us last time.

how about "KeepKurt4ever"? a bit longer but more clear about our intention? if everybody prefer the shorter version that's ok w me too.

also claire Paulo has a question for you in the LOS thread. neutre
fantastica
fantastica
Inner Grandma
Inner Grandma

Back to top Go down

Post  Divalicious 4/28/2012, 11:07 pm

Best case scenario, Kurt continues to be a pivotal character next year. We get to see him on a regular basis, and hear his lovely voice on occasion.

Worst case scenario, Kurt is a recurring character, and Chris makes more movies, writes books, or gets to do a play. Things he may have had to turn down because of being full time on Glee.

Either thing is good for Chris. For writers Kurt continues to be an interesting character, because things aren't handed to him, he has to fight for everything he gets. While shiny toys can be entertaining for the short term, it is the things that are complex that you keep going back to, because it is the complexity that is interesting. Not to diss on Blaine, but things are handed to him, he gets to sing, he is considered talented and desirable. Where do you go from there? They invented some insecurities about his brother, and may delve into parental issues, but otherwise his life is pretty easy. Easy is boring. Back to Kurt-who also has the best relationship with Rachel, and brings complexity to her story without the writers having to deal with heterosexual complications that all shippers seem to create when people of the opposite sex hang out.

Again, Kurt is connected to Rachel, outside of Finn, more than anyone else. They are not going to sideline Rachel, nor lose two great actors interacting. Plus Kurt is brother to Finn. Kurt has interesting relationships outside of Blaine. Blaine only has Kurt, he might be getting a friendship with Mike, and is considered a "bro", but he doesn't have a best bud like Hummelberry. Kurt will be used to make Blaine interesting, without Kurt Blaine is just a cute guy who sings a lot. If they break them up, then Kurt has the possibilities of dating others, and Finn/Rachel getting all big-brother/sisterly. Then the writers have to find someone more interesting than Kurt, and a better actor than Chris to be opposite Blaine. Plus, they lose their positive message of real love and the possibility of happiness in a gay relationship. Because I really feel Brittana won't make it, if only because Heather can't carry it off, acting wise. Her character just isn't complex enough to deal with Santana once the honeymoon period is over, IMO.

Divalicious
Bruce
Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/28/2012, 11:13 pm

Chris won't leave the show willingly yet because he is smart enough to know that it's a steady paycheck--a paycheck that will afford him the opportunity to support him as he writes his next script or novel, or finds his next acting gig. He has a hefty mortgage, taxes, an expensive car, and bills.

Fox is not going to let Chris (or Lea) get out of their seven year contracts--not after the backlash of twittergate last year. Matt Morrison said that even his very good lawyer couldn't get him out of his contract. Fox isn't going to let the best of the actors out of their contracts. The spinoff didn't happen because Fox knew that none of the kids left would be able to carry the show--not even Darren no matter how many iTunes songs his stans buy (he could belch and fart the national anthem and his stans would buy it and say it's the greatest thing in the world).

On top of that, they have more possibilities for stories in the college stuff. How many times can they just follow the Glee club to regionals, and have the same recycled storylines? The college stuff would give them new possibilities to explore.

Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellyrolls 4/28/2012, 11:18 pm

Delight wrote:I have to admit to feeling slightly annoyed on Chris's behalf that he still has no idea what is going to happen next season.

What was all that talk about the 'revolutionary idea' that is so revolutionary and no one is able to talk about it? I have a gut feeling that Chris's uncertainty about the whole thing pretty much reflects that TPTB behind Glee has no clue whatsoever about how they're going to carry out next season. I bet the dropping ratings are making them worried now, and if they don't start making some smart decisions soon, the series will belly up and people would stop caring.

I'm not surprised that Chris doesn't know what's happening with Kurt next season. We're talking about RIB. They never plan ahead. RIB isn't sure what's going to happen next season. I just hope that the Blaine backlash that is happening in the media right now makes them drastically cut back on the Blaine next season.

You know what I'd like to see happen? I'd like to see them film two or three episodes with Blaine, Artie, and Tina and a couple of Glee Project kids in the forefront, and brief appearances by Kurt, Rachel, Finn, and Santana. Then, I want to see the ratings tank, and Fox tell them to focus on their real stars, and save the show.
Jellyrolls
Jellyrolls
Colferite Administrator
Colferite Administrator

http://jellyrollskaren.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next